Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

It Was A Dark And Corny Night! [Spicious]

Started by Ethereal-Star, April 30, 2015, 09:39:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ethereal-Star

DA DA DA DUM!! Banged the piano keys as a flash of lightning lit up the large Essyrni manor home, its bright whitish light making it seem like day for the briefest of seconds. For outside a storm was brewing, a storm unlike any other as rain beat down upon the tall windows, pitter pattering large fat drops of wetness on the windowpanes. A cold seeped into the manor as the shadows played about the corners, casting strange shapes about the living room. A man sat at the black grand piano, tapping out a tune on its polished black and white keys as the wind howled outside fiercely. All was as it should be in the manor on Grapevine Lane, or so it appeared to be.

The piano music took on a haunting quality as the Essyrni noble played his instrumental song. Some minutes passed before the butler came in and said, "Dinner is served, m'lord."

The nobleman stopped playing with a bang to synchronize with the loud thunderclap that sounded just then, and nodded his head at his faithful servant. "Coming Edmundo."

He got up then and entered the large kitchen next to the breakfast nook and from there entered the grand dining hall, nodding to the cook as he passed by. "So, what specialty has been cooked up tonight?" he asked Edmundo.

"Pork and beans, mashed potatoes and vegetable soup with green salad on the side. And your choice of chardonay or White Zinfindel if you please." The butler announced proudly and proceeded to lift up the top on the platter of food. He frowned when he thought he heard something coming from inside the covered tray but shrugged it off as nothing. He was getting to be an old man after all.

"I present to you Leo's finest work yet!" and lifted the top with a flourish. As all looked down upon the platter where the food was supposed to be, the maid gasped and fainted then as they all saw what was inside.

A small creature of about three feet tall sporting green butterfly wings and almost black skin with piercing yellow eyes looked up innocently from the tray while munching on the food that was sitting there, mashed potato dribbling down her chin as she spoke up then. "Oh, was this your dinner? Woopsies!" She chuckled hilariously before the mischievous fairy flew out the open window that all present (except her!) failed to notice. Leaving the butler, the nobleman, the cook and the unconscious maid behind as the former two stared in disbelief at the partially eaten food, crumbs and sauce everywhere. Another glorious night of fun!

Arthuriel

"Oh, I do believe Leo needs some more time to practice," A smooth voice said from behind the shocked people. It was a hellish creature, dressed in a fine red tunic and vest and trousers as black as his skin. The cook gasped in fear then he, too, fainted. The fiend grinned toothily, white teeth almost seeming to reflect the candlelight. Eyes like fire widened with delight, this would be a fun night, indeed.

"People seem to drop like flies around here, don't they?" He said as he walked forward, a spaded tail wrapped itself around a glass of wine set for the noblemen. "Do you recommend this ale, my lord?"

Ethereal-Star

The nobleman sputtered, about to protest that the wine was not some foul swill of peasants but he was having trouble speaking, much less getting over the fact that there was a demon in his home! While he continued to sputter, the butler continued to stare at the ruined platter of food, seemingly not noticing the black-skinned fiend at all. The maid in turn groaned, but did not stir from her unconscious stupor. The cook though was out for the night, having had the fright of his life.

Hazel heard the sound of a creature speaking, one of a sonorous and deep baritone voice as she started to trot off along the streets where the storm was still brewing. Curious, she turned back and peeked in through the window and saw the spade-tailed hell-being. Bright eyes glimmered with delight and she giggled at what she saw. The butler Edmundo was still staring at the large plate as though willing it to revert back to uneaten status.

"Ooh, cat got nobleman's tongue, yes it does, hehe!" The fairy fluttered her wings playfully, while Edmundo only looked forlornly towards the window, before his eyes narrowed in anger.

"You!" he reprimanded the butterfly fairy. "This is all your fault!"

Hazel just gave her most innocent puppy dog expression.

Arthuriel

"Oh, my dear butler," The fiend said, grinning widely as he skipped onto the table, putting himself in-between the fairy and enraged butler. "Can you really blame anyone but yourself? You'd think any butler worth his salt would be sure to check the plate before serving it to his lord, yes?" He brought the cup of wine up to his onyx lips then drank about half of the glass.

"Oh, I've had much better than this filth." His tail, as controllable as his arm, brought the cup over the butler's head then poured the rest of its contents onto the poor man. He turned to the fairy with a grin and winked. Any time a fairy was involved, he was sure to have some fun!

Ethereal-Star

Hazel just giggled while the butler sputtered in indignation, at both the insult and the cup of wine being dumped all over him. "You two will pay for this! I don't know how, but you will!" he shook his fist at them comically, and Hazel just giggled harder.

"Now, now, no need to be a butt." Hazel snickered and got out her fairy dust pouch, hopping through the window into the manor again. "I think it be bedtime now for butler and nobleman, yes?" And with that, she took a pinch of magic dust and blew at the two men, with them promptly falling down onto the floor, asleep. "Sweet dreams!" she cackled, green wings fluttering in absolute glee.

It was then the maid got up and blearily looked around before seeing the fiend and fainting once again with another gasp from her lips.

Hazel grinned. "Don't need fairy dust for that one, nope!"

Arthuriel

The fiend grinned widely, large fangs gleaming in the candle light. He bowed dramatically to the fairy, then skipped off the table. He extended his spaded tail as if for a hand, er, tail shake.

"Greetings, my winged lady, what would I have the pleasure of calling you this fine evening?" As if to contradict the devilish creature, thunder crashed mightily from outside the mansion. 

Ethereal-Star

"My name be Hazel!" the butterfly fairy chirped happily.

Looking around the room, she giggled again as everyone except her and the black-skinned demon were down for the count, sleeping away. Hopping up onto the table she began to skip joyfully around on the fine tablecloth, before she got an idea and hopped right back down.

Going over to the hallways which contained the bedrooms and master suite, Hazel started first with the nobleman's room and promptly gathered up all his clean undergarments from the drawers and then began hanging them all around the house with some hooks she discovered in a side drawer, thus putting holes into the walls. And she had no trouble with reaching the ceiling being as she did have wings after all. The rest of the house residents' underwear the fairy simply tossed them about here, there, and everywhere, snickering all the while.

When she was completely done, Hazel admired her handiwork with utter glee. "Much more decorative, I say!"

Arthuriel

The fiend grinned again then snapped his fingers. The black of his skin faded away like water to reveal blood-red. It was a simple illusion, easily done after so much practice and it was undeniably easier to put the fear of hell, pardon the pun, in those when he had black skin.

"Hazel, my fairy-ly," He chuckled smoothly at himself, "beautiful friend. I cannot help but wonder what you're during in this fine lord's manor. Not too often one finds one of the fair folk!"

Ethereal-Star

"Nobleman and butler be funny when they upset!" she cackled again, also not answering the fiend's question. Yellow eyes admired her handiwork once more, before she pouted, starting to grow bored now.

"But all they do now is sleep! Sleep, sleep...." Hazel jumped up and down as she then got an idea in her head, no doubt another one full of tricks and mischief. "Oh, Hazel know what me should do now! Yes I do! Hehe!"

Going over to the storage vault where the nobleman kept all his money, she swiftly undid the lock and turned the dial before peeping inside to have a look at its contents. "Pretty gold, nice and shiny! They should be even more pretty!" With that, she flicked some of the fairy dust at the coins, thus turning them into permanent flowers as the magic dust was not based on glamour or illusions of any kind, it having its own special kind of magic. Flicking more dust in there, she created a small garden plot before closing the door and re-locking it, snickering all the while.

Hazel then turned to go out the open window again, as she wanted to cause mischief elsewhere now. And so she pranced on down the street, not looking to see if the demon were following. The storm was still going, although not nearly as much, just raining with occasional bouts of thunder sounding in the distance. Casting a glamour over herself, the fairy disguised herself as a poor beggar fellow, and sought out her next victim then.

Arthuriel

Maverick followed wordlessly, an amused grin on his fiendish face. He'd not seen many fairies in his days, but he knew enough about their kind: they are tricksters. So much so, most demons avoided them like a fool avoided wisdom.

But not Maverick.

He cast a spell of invisiblity over himself as he awaited the promised chaos.

Ethereal-Star

Faking a limp as she walked down the street in her disguise, Hazel was aware of the demon and his invisibility spell. Such did not ever fool a fairy! Soon, she entered the town square. There were only a few people out and about on the streets on this dark night, and most were of the unscrupulous thieving type. Perfect. Hazel thought wickedly.

The fairy absolutely loved to play tricks on thieves and burglars, even though she herself wasn't that much different in that regard. However, unlike true thieves, she always gave stuff back but not before having a bit of fun at their expense.

One group in particular caught her eyes then, a rough looking fellow with a black patch over one eye wearing some equally black armor and holding a kukri in one hand, lock picks in the other as he tried to break into a nearby home. Two others of equally devious nature were with him, a man and a woman, the woman wearing a catsuit of deep black, while the other man's face was covered by a mask. Hazel in her disguise seemed to be a perfect target for such a group. Or so they thought.

The second man with the mask alerted his buddies, before saying in a cocky, arrogant manner. "Hey ho, what do we have here? Worthless beggar scum?" They all laughed, and unbeknownst to them Hazel was laughing more, but on the inside. On the outside she kept up her facade of a poor homeless man.

In a strangled, exaggerated voice, the fairy gurgled out in as pathetic a voice as she could manage. "I'm just a poor lonely man, trying to find his way. Got a coin to spare, friend?"

The burglars looked at each other then, before the leader stepped up, the one with the patch over his eye and said to her, "Tell you what scum. The only thing you'll be getting is a blade in the gut. Think of it as a favor of sympathy for your pathetic kind. I'd be doing you a favor."

The others laughed but they weren't laughing for very long. The reason for that being, the awful smell of urine filling the night air as Hazel had discreetly thrown some fairy dust right on the man's crotch, making him lose control of his bladder. The wet patch on the front of his leather pants grew as the others looked to him, disgusted. "Geez, didn't you already take care of that, Bruce?" The woman in the catsuit wrinkled her nose, grossed out by the awful odor.

Bruce looked highly embarrassed, in fact so incredibly mortified was he that he couldn't speak for a moment. "I...." he began, looking confused.

And that was when the chaos began as Hazel cast another glamour on herself, that of a huge dragon! All the thieves this time screamed and ran off, afraid for their lives. Letting the glamour wear off, Hazel reverted back to her normal self, rolling around on the ground in utter hysterics as she laughed and laughed. "Oh, what fun!" she clapped. Looking straight at the invisible demon, she remarked. "Wasn't that fun?!"