Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Slight of Hand

Started by Winters-Feather, December 02, 2012, 10:08:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Winters-Feather

"Ah. Well, you're in luck, love," Jazbel said as he pressed the hair pin into Ellarrah's hand.
"For you see, I know hair. Now, please, kindly get us out of this dreadful place."

visualspice

Snorting, she was obviously not impressed with his knowledge, but took the offered pin and brushed past him. The room was dimly lit, but she could see well enough the knob and hole. The silence assured her no one would hear her as the pin clicked away at the lock, and a few curses and then a sigh of elation later, there was a click, and slowly, she pushed the door open.

"Come, no one's there," she hissed, barely over a whisper. "Before they've realized we've flown the coop!"
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Winters-Feather

A rush of glee and gratitude swept over Jazbel as their prison door swung open. He nodded vigorously before creeping down the hall ahead of his companion. . He could hear mutters  of men talking, but they weren't immediately near by. They had  leave, but first grab their weapons and the puzzle.
The office, he thought, trying to find  a light under a door, any thing to indicate a sealed room.

visualspice

Ellarrah saw her companion lagging as he surveyed the hall.
"What are you doing?" she hissed. Was he crazy? They had to get out of here! Who knew what they'd do to them if they were caught!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Winters-Feather

For once, Jazbel was the stubborn one.
"Have you forgotten about our curse?" Jazbel whispered, desperately. "We need that sword and puzzle!"

visualspice

"Angsar's balls," Ellarrah seethed through her teeth. "Alright, but let's do this quickly. We got the element of surprise on our side at least and I don't see anyone coming." And she wasted no more time as he rushed forward-

Well, as fast as she could rush without making too much noise.

Winters-Feather

Jazbel crept in the dark.
Be like shadow,  he told himself. Make no noise.
Despite all the trouble they had been through, Jazbel was almost disgusted at how much bolder he was. He had to wonder if it came with the immortality.
Not too much bolder, he told himself. He didn't much want to get into a fight he couldn't possibly win. He tried to remember how the office felt like. Dark and damp.
What a miserable mole town, he thought to himself. He wondered if the tunnels were magicked to be so sturdy. Finally, with alarmingly no guards on their way, Jazbel found the office door. He wildly gestured at it.
"Alright, love. Do the thing again!"

visualspice

"Alright, alright. Keep your pants on. We.might be cursed but it don't make my fingers move any quicker!"
But she worked quickly,.knowing time was of the essence. And while she had herself presses up nice and intimate with the door, after wriggling her tool inside the key hole some, she made a soft squeal of elation.
"We're in!" And she wastes no time in quietly opening the door.

Winters-Feather

Jazbel held his breath as he watched his partner work. He couldn't help but find her fast and neat work sexy.
I need to learn how to do that, he noted to himself.
When Ellarrah broke in, Jazbel clasped his hands together and whispered a celebratory "yay!" before making a beeline for the desk, where the puzzle was kept. He began ruffling through it, opening drawers to find piles of paper.
"Find our swords," he insisted, "And-  oh!"

He picked up a competely irrelevent letter, scanning its contents.  It was signed by a noble's hand, and that meant gossip that could earn him a coin. Greedily, he shoved that into his pocket, too. He might as well, he reasoned.Under the letter, he found a box that held the key to the locked drawer the puzzle was in. He touched around the desk, trying to find a coil or a button until he found a loose panel that lead to a secret department.
"A ha," he breathed triumphantly as he pulled the puzzle out from the  desk.
He could almost kiss it, he was so relieved.

visualspice

Where Jazbel was a lot more intricate with his work, Ellarrah was by far, a lot more sloppy. Get in, get it done, and get out, was her philosophy. It was hard to imagine a woman, such as herself, ever having gotten accomplished with anything over her lack of disregard. For even the smallest details on a mission or job could be the difference of your head on a platter, or your palms greased with coin.

But she was thankful Jazbel took to rifling through the desk, while she went to look for the more obvious of things and gave a low whistle after picking the lock of a long, fat trunk. There inside were more than their own swords, and she began to pick through them with her own sort of giddy pleasure.

"Come here and check out this loot! I think they've got all sorts of weapons 'ere! You might find one for both your hands, feet and teeth!"

Winters-Feather

Jazbel eagerly rushed to her side. Though the weapons seem to cheer up Ellarrah considerably, they just made him naucious.
"I could," he replied in an airy tone that said he most certainly was not.
That was before he saw a handsome leather sheath with a simple, but elegant dagger in it. The hilt was decorated with a smoothed amber dragon scale than gemstone.
Pretty, he thought. He hurried to attach it to his belt as he anxiously looked out the door.
"Hope you found something you're committed to, love," he said with an edge, afraid Ellarrath was going to be glued to the swords like a child at a toy vender. "I'm afraid we don't have much more time for shopping around."

visualspice

She pulled out a sleek, slender sword with a brass hilt.
"Look at this one, Jazzy! Not only is it light weight, but it could fit easily at my side in case I need to pull it out. THough normally I ain't a fan of these smaller types," she went on, trying a few faux jabs to test th epower behind a thrust with the blade. "Since we're on the run, it seems more convenient to bring something slick and quick. My other blade was so large, it'd hurt my back!"

Winters-Feather

Jazbel shot Ellarrah an impatient look and grabbed her by the wrist.
"To be on the run, we need to be running," he insisted. "We're still cornered in a tunnel, mind."
He poked his head out the door. All clear, for now.
"There has to be at least a guard at the mouth of the tunnel, and someone is eventually going to come down to check on us, unless they've dropped that curtosy."

visualspice

"Yeah, that much is easy to figure out," she went on with a shake of her head. "But guess we oughta figure out a plan then?" And at that, she gave him a big grin and moved to look out the hall. Once she confirmed it for herself the coast was clear, she slipped out into the hall, sword at the ready.

Winters-Feather

OOC: just realizing jazbel found their swords...while going through a desk.
IC:

Jazbel nodded, following the thief light on his toes. He clung to the familiar grasp of the magical sword. Just as he suspected, two dim voices down the hall from around the corner. He looked around finding no where to hide. The voices grew louder.

"... and then the fool tried to cheat me! Who cheats a dwarf over jewels, eh?" the gruffer one posed, frustrated. It belonged to a woman.  "So I took me dagger and slit his throat."
"That's why your poster's all over Ketra?" the other replied dryly. The owner was also a woman, her voice higher but slightly hoarse.  "I'm surprised you're still alive..."

As they approached the corner, Jazbel crouched, sword ready, prepared to tackle a dwarf. When the women  turned round the bend, they hesitated for half a moment, startled. They both wore black tunics, vests, pants, and boots. Sure enough, one was a lady dwarf with a well trimmed beard and her hair severely pulled back in a braid. The taller voice belonged to a human woman whose skin was pale, though her face was half way covered in freckles.
"The prisoners!" she growled, swiftly drawing her sword and rushing towards Ellarrah.
The dwarf woman pulled out a horn.
No! Jazbel thought, and lunged..

visualspice

Great! Just when it seemed they might have been able to escape- a pair of problems gets in their path. Seeing Jazbel lunge left her open to strike the sword back that came at her.

"I'll The Prisoners you!" Ellarrah shot back, swords clanging as they hit.