Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Cutting the Stream [Facadepapergirl]

Started by Scythe-Nova, December 21, 2013, 03:06:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scythe-Nova

It was a great day today that is it's a great day for being in the Kilanthro mountains, that meant that the snow was very light and the sun was out from behind the clouds and shone upon every living creature warming them up. For Lynn this was a very good time to be training as she was doing, she had cleared out a small clearing around some trees and right now she was training on her sword swings.

-"..."

Her focus was as sharp as her sword and she had almost blocked out the world around her and at the moment only her and the sword existed for her, Her swings was very gracefull and precise while her movements were like the steps in a dance. For the moment Lynn had tied her hair back so it would not get in the way for her training, She had taken off her fur cloak because of the sweat and heat she would work up from the training.

[OOC: Hope it's okay :3]

Facadepapergirl

Ciel trudged through the snow, frowning at his map. Just where the hell WAS he? The man must have given him a bad map! He growled angrily and crumpled up the map, threw it on the ground, and set it on fire with a burst of magic. Then he stomped down on it savagely while growling, not to put it out, but simply because he was pissed. He was breathing somewhat heavily when he finished, his breath clouding up before his face in short bursts. He brushed back his short blonde hair and sighed.

Then he screamed in utter anguish, the ululations vibrating throughout the mountain. Birds flew out of the trees and animals bolted away. He was lost! He had burned his map! How could someone like him do something so incredibly stupid?! He stomped angrily for a minute before falling to his knees and slamming his fists on the ground. "Damnit!" He yelled, before sighing and struggling to pick up the pieces.

[It's just fine]

Scythe-Nova

Lynns training was going along smoothly until she heard a loud voice not that far from her training place, She stopped mid swing and looked out from the grove she was at and saw a silouhette in the distance.

-"Hmmmm? Maybe someone that has gotten lost?"

She mumbled to herself as she picked up her thick coat and put it on before walking out of the grove towards the silouhette, Maybe they needed help and direction and Lynn would be sleepless if she did not check if the person needed help.

-"H-hello there"

She said when she got close enough and looked towards the person that seemed to be gathering things from the ground, Maybe they had dropped their belongings in the thick snow.

Facadepapergirl

Ciel looked up wearily. A person. Just what he needed to witness is embarrassment... or just what he needed to help him! He stood up and dusted himself off. "Hello. I am Ciel. I am a mage of fantastic proportions, and I was traveling in order to find a rare but powerful treasure said to be hidden in this region. Unfortunately, in a freak accident, my map was ignited, I am now lost here, in the snow." The fact that it was hardly cold seemed to elude him.

Scythe-Nova

A mage? she tought as she stepped up to Ciel as he presented himself, She found it a bit curious that a mage of all people would find themselves lost in the snow. But Lynn knew that bad luck could strike anyone so she decided to not think of it too much.

-"W-well that was unfortunate, more unfortunate is that you are several miles from the nearest village... I have a little camp set up about a minutes walk from here if you want to get out from the cold..."

Lynn did not know if the man was affected of the cold like most would be but she decided to ask anyways in case the man did get affected by the cold, Lynn of course had no reaction to the cold outside since  her lineage had allways been extremely resistant to the harsh cold of the Kilanthro Mountains.

Facadepapergirl

Ciel groaned, hearing that the nearest village was miles away. "Ahhh... Yeah, sure, I'll go with you," he said slowly, feeling hopeless. His emotions were always a rollercoaster, going from confusion to anger to dismay to despair faster than the weather at the Port of Ainu. He slipped his hands in his jacket, and looked at her pointedly. "Well? What is your name? I cannot visit the camp of a complete stranger, after all."

Scythe-Nova

-"Ah oh sorry.. um.. My name is Lynn Brinebelt"

Lynn said with a slight shy blush on her face as she turned and began walking through the snow and looking back at Ciel waiting for him to catch up with her.

-"My camp is this way.."

She said and began walking towards her camp when Ciel had caught up with her, Lynn tried to not have direct eye contact with Ciel mostly because she was so shy of a person. She hoped that having this mage in her camp would not be too embarassing for her, but her gentle nature demanded that she would give Ciel the benefit of a doubt and help him out.

Facadepapergirl

Ciel nodded. "Charmed." He followed her quietly, in his own thoughts. He really didn't want to turn around and go to this village, but unless this woman knew of the cave that he needed to look for, it would be useless. "You wouldn't happen to know of a cave that looks like a dragon's mouth, would you? There's even supposed to be a bit of rock coming out between the stalacmites that looks like a tongue."

Scythe-Nova

-"A Dragon's mouth you say? Hmmmm..."

Lynn tapped at her chin while she walked over the snow as if she was thinking, It did ring a bell in her mind but she could not grasp her memory. It was quite the short walk to her camp and once they arrived Lynn poked with a stick at the fire she had made earlier and looked back at Ciel.

-"Y-you can warm up here if you'd like.."