Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

How unBEARable! [open]

Started by Rhindeer, January 22, 2015, 08:22:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

"Well, no. I have no pigment with me," Mei said with a laugh, rubbing her nose and smudging charcoal onto it in the process. "Far too messy! This is already messy enough. But aside from the missing green, I'd say it's a pretty accurate likeness, wouldn't you?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Wicked Basket

"It's not green," Gutztomp repeated, crossing his arms. "It has ta be green. I'm not white like a puny 'ooman."

Rhindeer

Mei let out a laugh at that and glanced down at her own arms, her skin a warm, dark brown. "Well, I'm not white, either!" she said with a grin. "And I'm human! It has nothing to do with that. These charcoal sticks only come in one color, I'm afraid!"

She held the stick out for him to see. "I mean, I could do some shading to make you look darker, but I'm  afraid that's the best I can do. Unfortunately, I can't color with green if I don't have any pigment, and I have no pigment!"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Wicked Basket

Gutztomp scowled. He was not pleased. He was an ork! Orks were green, not the same color as puny little humans.

"Den get some pigment," he growled. "I will not be puny 'ooman color."

Rhindeer

Uh oh. Mei saw his mood shifting before her eyes, and she glanced down at her book, then at him.

"Ah...well...I, see, that is, we're actually not near any towns or places where I could get some," she said. "But I assure you, you're still green! Just, your drawing isn't green. Yet! I even made a note beside the drawing, see, that says you're green--for future reference! And you are a magnificent, majestic green, believe me! Besides, this drawing doesn't have you human-colored. The colors aren't any colors at all, because it hasn't been colored in yet! It's just blank. Besides, not even light-skinned humans are white. They're more...pinkish."

Wicked Basket

"I know wot color a 'ooman is," Gutztomp snapped. "Do you fink I'm stupid or somefing?"

Rhindeer

"What? No! No, not at all!" Mei said quickly, shaking her head. Oh dear. Ohhh dear. She did not want to deal with an angry giant that punched bears for fun! "No, I'm very aware you know what humans look like! I was just making conversation, that's all!"

Wicked Basket

"I also know wot they look like broken in two," Gutztomp informed her. "So don't give me reason to show ya. You've been alright so far. For an 'ooman."

Rhindeer

The blood drained from Mei's face at that and her eyes widened. "A-ah...if I offended you, I'm really terribly sorry!" she said, shutting her book and taking a step back away from him.

Please don't break me in half!

Wicked Basket

"Why you so scared, " Gutztomp asked menacingly . "Are you hiding somefing? Wot's dat book even for?"

Rhindeer

"Well, I just, I don't want to be broken in half!" Mei said with a laugh that came out far more nervous than genuine. He certainly wasn't helping with her nerves! She hadn't been really scared of him before until that comment, which lead her to believe a slip up might lead to spine-breaking.

Besides, he was rather intimidating when he was being growly...

"This book, it's just my notes. I'm a scholar, you see..."

Wicked Basket

"Wot day hell's a scholar," the ork asked.

Rhindeer

"Oh, that's...that's someone who researches, essentially!" Mei said, calming a little and hoping his curiosity would keep him subdued. She mustered up a smile.

"I travel all over the world, learning about things and recording it in this book here," she said, patting it. "I suppose I should decide on a focus, a specialty, but I just can't settle on one thing! So I suppose this is turning out to be more of a documentation of my travels than anything, but I'm also hoping maybe I'll uncover something no one else has written about or find something new, or debunk a myth! That's my dream!"

Wicked Basket

"Sounds boring," Gutztomp commented. "Fightin' is way more fun den that."

Rhindeer

"Different strokes for different folks!" Mei said with a small shrug. "I find it very rewarding and fulfilling! I've gotten to see so many amazing things and meet so many amazing people and have some pretty wild adventures! A few awkward adventures and mishaps, too, because I'm afraid I'm not all familiar with all the local customs and colloquialisms and nuances, and it can be a bit of a culture shock sometimes, but that's all part of learning and growing!"

She smiled, relaxing more. She could deal with his disinterest unfazed! It was his aggression that worried her.

"I'm sure fighting is very fun, though!" she added quickly. "I have a lot of friends that do that. I know a lot of warriors. I was just never made to be a warrior." She rolled up her sleeve to show off her skinny arm. "Too puny!"

Wicked Basket

"Dat's for sure," Gutztomp said. "You learn plenty by fightin' though. I learned dat trolls can't heal if you take dere 'eads off."

Rhindeer

Mei stared up at him.

"That...well. That's one for my book," she said with an uneasy laugh. "Though, I believe most things can't heal after decapitation."

Wicked Basket

"Trolls heal really fast," Gutztomp explained. "You cut da damn fing's arm off and it grows right back, but not dere 'eads. Dere 'eads stay cut off."

Rhindeer

"Oh...I...I see,"  Mei said, and after a pause, her nose scrunched up, she flipped her book open to the page after Gutztomp's portrait, knelt back on the ground, and started to take notes on that. "Huh! I actually didn't know that! Then again, I can't say I actually know much about trolls. What else can you tell me?"

Wicked Basket