Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Death Comes Marching [Heretic King]

Started by Nightmare, October 18, 2015, 09:18:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightmare

"I know which way to go." Rhea said with a grin. "I can't say I know our destination."

Medievarad

He shrugged slowly. "Alas. At least it is something."

Nightmare

Rhea walked on in silence, observing what was going on around her. There were many travelers on the road now, all going about their daily business. Up ahead there was a small fight between a merchant and what appeared to be some kind of mercenary, but it was quickly broken up by the two other mercenaries who were traveling with him. It seemed to be a rather ordinary day with nothing particularly interesting happening, at least for now.

Medievarad

People seemed to cower in their approach. Anyone that stepped too close to Limadan recieved a deep and low snarl. Causing these particular people also to cower or even take several steps back. People seemed to be really scared.

Nightmare

Most of the fear was from the hulking man she was traveling with, she could tell. Rhea herself was not very intimidating. Often people attempted to rob her, or worse, only to meet their deaths by her magic. It was nice to not have to deal with that for a change, regardless of how easy it was for her to handle. "It's funny how afraid they are, even without knowing they are watching death walk in front of them."

Medievarad

"People tend to be easily repulsed by the arcane arts that constantly surround me.." He chuckled slowly, before someone else got way too close to his preference. Yet, a loud clunk, a rip and a wanderer gasping for air, before smacking against the paved road solved it. Blood slowly trickling down from the corpse. Limadan seemed to discard something that awfully looked a lot like a piece of a ribcage he had just broken off.

"And that also helps.." He said as people started to flee in panic.

Nightmare

"Well, of course." Rhea said with a smile, watching the people flee in panic. "I tend to not show off my capabilities."

Medievarad

"This. A capability?" He chuckled slowly. "Besides.. He shouldn't have tried to feel around for a coinpurse."

Nightmare

"Well, I'm a great deal smaller than you." Rhea said, grin widening on her face. "Would you not consider it a feat if I had done what you just did?"

She sighed. "You would think most people would be smart enough to realize not to try and steal from someone like you."

Medievarad

"It would be. But that is because you are smaller.. And more frail." He shrugged, swatting.his hand to get the blood off. "And some people are idiots through and through.."

Nightmare

"I've come to find that applies to most people." Rhea said with a sigh. "I suppose that is part of the reason I distance myself from the rest of the world."

Medievarad

"Hm." He didn't reply much to her statement. To him, anyone unproven was an incompetent idiot. Even amidst his followers, there were these unproven idiots. "And yet you walk besides me." He notioned, looking down at her. "A deviator that walks between life and death." He chuckled slowly. "A glorious sight for one such as me.." He murmured to himself.

Nightmare

"You understand one of the truths that others fail to see." Rhea said with a grin. "That makes you a worthy traveling partner."

Medievarad

"I understand many truths others fail to see." He said in response, arching an eyebrow underneath the mask, before looking at the way forward, proceeding to walk in silence. "What actually manifested your powers?"

Nightmare

Memories. They were the one thing that still got to Rhea, no matter how long it had been. Though now it was more resentment than pain and sadness that she felt when she thought about it. "Centuries ago, a man tried to rape me. I closed my eyes and when I opened them again he was dead. A blast of magic had been triggered, either by my fear or by my anger, and destroyed my entire village, killing everyone."

Medievarad

"Hm. So it is an innate ability. Intruiging." He gazed at Rhea. Perhaps she was the sign? A prophet sent to indicate her return was impending.

But, it did not make sense, besides the woman's grand powers. She was still a heathen. Someone who did not know nor believe in the ways of Harmaa.