Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Star-Crossed Kin[suSPICIOUS!]

Started by DaGlobster, June 18, 2015, 11:03:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaGlobster

Varian remained silent as he scanned the tavern, finally taking his shaded spectacles off and hanging them from his collar. He was, in fact, in his magically concealed form. Rather than a horrifying anatomy beneath his coat, he sported a shirt and a pair of breeches, with the physique of a man incredibly fit. Of course, this was hidden under his coat, so Lirath was hardly in a position to find out.

However, it couldn't be doubted that the patrons of the tavern seemed to revere Varian. Why wouldn't they? He was like a god to them, given his lineage. He approached Lirath's table, patrons and tavern staff alike bowing their heads as to not draw his ire. Through a series of gurgles and hisses, he commanded the bartender to serve them both drinks, and he took a seat across from Lirath.

"So, it seems both of us are more than we appear. Perhaps we've... gotten off on the wrong foot?"

Arthuriel

Do not doubt thissss one... A hissing voice echoed in Lirath's mind as Varian approached.

She grinned at patron's attitude towards Varian. It seemed as if they feared the wrath of Those Who Came Before.

"Perhaps?" She said, taking a large swig of the milky ale. "You're lying to your lord, Varian." Her voice was casual, comfortable, as though they had been friends for years. "I know what you want, too." She reached out with psionics to him again, not to read his mind but merely to allow them to communicate privately.

"May I?" She asked aloud, knowing he'd feel the energy.

DaGlobster

"And you lied to me. Or... well, tried to."

Varian maintained the same tone, although it was a bit more rigid. He wasn't really inclined to trust Lirath, so he maintained neutrality.

He felt the psionics and smirked.

"You may."

Arthuriel

"You want Pandora's Box." She said, or rather thought, to Varian. It wasn't a question or an accusation, merely a friendly observation.

"Oh, not at all." She said aloud, keeping the illusion of them not having a secret conversation. Despite the reverence the others held for Varian, Lirath knew better than to assume they wouldn't go off tattling to their lords. "I do work for the Grand Duke. They just don't realize it."

Her grin was wide and ear to ear.

DaGlobster

"I do."

Varian chuckled at Lirath's little joke. "I'm sure that if they knew, they'd appreciate it."

"Housleph's a tricky bastard. I'm not the first man he's hired, so there's lingering defenses all over the place."

Arthuriel

"Hmm... I could be of use. She said, finishing her ale and ordering another one. One of the perks of serving It was not being able to get drunk.

"Oh, they'd have me beheaded."

DaGlobster

"I'm sure they would..."

Varian slipped off his glove, revealing the gling black flesh of his hand. A mouth appeared on the palm, and a thick, lolling tongue slid out. He set his hand down on top of his ale mug and it began to lap it up.

"Seems fair."

"So, how long have you been "working" for the crown?"

Arthuriel

In return, I want the box for one hour. Lirath replied, finishing her ale and then ordering another.

"Oh, a few years, odd jobs here and there." She answered. "How long have you been working for your lord?"

DaGlobster

Varian nodded.

"A few weeks, I reckon."

Housleph is highly distrustful of strangers. Come back tomorrow night, and I'll let you in. Nobody can see you come in.

He finished off his own ale, and just slid his mug aside. He didn't order another.

You seem familiar... Have I seen you anywhere?

Arthuriel

"Oh haven't you heard? She smiled sweetly. "Everybody loves me. That wasn't quite true,  Lirath didn't know if anyone truly loved her. Well, anyone besides It. He cared about her.

"How is it?"

"Oh, I've been around. Here and there, you know."