Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Every rose has its thorns. [Open!]

Started by Rhindeer, March 02, 2015, 01:30:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

[Lol I swear I can count. *quietly edits post to say four questions shhhhh*]

Sadb internally squirmed. She really didn't want to explain, so she decided to keep it simple. He was a mage, too, after all. Maybe she shouldn't be so paranoid--but even mages had outed other mages in these times.

"I, ah...because I'm a witch," she said, hugging herself a little tighter. "I told you, I'm dangerous."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Wicked Basket

"A witch," Gen repeated. "So then I guess it's safe to assume that you are magically inclined. However, that doesn't make you inherently dangerous."

Rhindeer

"Of course it does," Sadb said with a scowl. "All magic leads to dark things. It's only a matter of time. And I am dangerous."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Wicked Basket

"Now there I disagree with you," Gen told her. "Magic does not always lead to dark things. I have never used my abilities for evil. I am capable of stealing the air right out of people's lungs and creating windstorms powerful enough to level this forest, but it doesn't mean I have to."

Rhindeer

Sadb looked over at him, her eyes narrowing. She knew what the fae had said, but God help her, if this man was for real, he was too nice. If he was legitimately intent on helping her...God. It was easier to trap people in her thorns for the fae to feast upon when she could tell herself it was in self defense. She felt horrible for it, but it took a weight off her conscience when she could tell herself it was either them or her, and she was only doing what it took to survive, that she'd warned them and they'd tried to attack her anyway and had only gotten what was coming for them. That they were bad people that just wanted to hurt her.

If this man was sincere, he was none of those things.

She couldn't do this.

Maybe that was why she finally dug her nails into her arms and came clean.

"I have," she blurted, voice sharp and angry. "I have used it for dark things. I am dangerous. Do you get it now?"

Just leave. Just leave. Get scared and run away already! Or get angry and attack me. If you attack me, at least I'll have an excuse.

Wicked Basket

Gen stopped walking and looked at her for moment and then continued walking.

"What kinds of dark things," he asked just as calmly as before.

Rhindeer

"I've...killed," Sadb said, forcing the words out, and before she could help it she found herself quickly adding, "They were trying to kill me, but...I still killed them."

She wanted to kick herself as soon as she said it, for it kind of defeated the purpose of her whole "dark and evil and scary!" schtick, but she couldn't help but justify it. She didn't want to think of herself as a murderer; that weighed too heavy on her soul. And as much as she hated to admit it, she did care what other people thought.

Wicked Basket

"I see," Gen replied. "Well, sometimes it's unavoidable. I don't like killing either, but I've had to do it once or twice before. Sometimes we are left with little choice if we want to live."

Rhindeer

"Once or twice..." Sadb laughed bitterly. "I've done it more than that."

Wicked Basket

Gen raised an eyebrow at that.

"How many?"

Rhindeer

Sadb grimaced, and hugged herself tighter. "About...five?"

Wicked Basket

"I see," Gen said actually seeming somewhat relieved. "Five is a... considerable amount. I was worried you were a mass murderer of some kind for a second. I suppose five isn't too bad given the situation you are in."

As they walked they soon came to the bottom of a cliff.

"Well, here we are. Our destination is at the top."

Rhindeer

"I didn't want to," Sadb said quietly, even as they approached the foot of the cliff. With an uneasy glance up, she took a deep breath and began to climb.

"But...people know about me. And they come to kill me. What else am I supposed to do?"

Wicked Basket

"That does leave you with very few options," Gen agreed.

Gen watched her begin to climb for a moment.

"You know, I can get us up there much faster. You'll have to trust me though."

Rhindeer

Sadb paused, turning to give him an incredulous look that he couldn't see. Trust was something she was in very, very short supply of. This right here was her trusting someone while feeling dread bubbling in her stomach with every step, just waiting for the other shoe to drop and squish her like a bug.

Her fingers twitched where they grasped a clump of grass for purchase. "...Explain what you have in mind, and I'll tell you if I trust you."

Wicked Basket

Gen took off his pack and laid it on the ground against the cliff.

"You climb on my back and I carry you up," he told her. "It will be much faster."

A cheeky grin appeared once he finished speaking, but it wasn't a devious cheeky grin. It was more of an 'impending joke' kind of grin.

Rhindeer

Sadb's eyebrows knit together at that look, and she felt rather like she was the the outsider bearing witness to some inside joke. Was there something she was missing here?

"I'm heavier than I look," she said, shuffling her feet awkwardly.

Wicked Basket

"Do I look weak to you," Gen asked. "I'd like to think I'm in pretty good shape for a blind man my age."

Rhindeer

"Ah, no. You don't look weak, I just..." Sadb had run out of excuses. But really, what was there to be afraid of at this point? If he wanted to hurt her, he could have done so already. He'd had numerous opportunities.

And Sadb realized a heartbeat later that she wasn't really afraid of him hurting her; she was just afraid of his kindness, when she didn't feel deserving of it. Especially not now, with the grisly task the fae had given her.

God, she really was a monster.

She drew in a breath and let it out slowly, her shoulders sagging as she did. "...Alright. Carry me."

Wicked Basket

"Great. Hop on."

Gen had Sadb climb onto his back and told her to hold on. Then, using his elemental abilities, he jumped a quarter of the way up the cliff in one leap and grabbed hold of a ledge. And then did it three more times, covering the same amount of ground each time, until they were at the top where he let Sadb down.

"See. That was much faster."