Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Distance makes the heart grow fonder. [Rhi!]

Started by Draconian, April 22, 2015, 11:55:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draconian

Yuuki scoffed loudly and rolled his eyes. Was he getting the talk? He was getting the talk. It was tempting to just cover Niaakis mouth because the kid just would not stop talking and he could feel himself blushing.

"I'm not going to go out of my way to ... Pursue someone." He muttered, glaring off to the side. It was too late to faint and claim head injury now. Damn. He sighed and simply decided to look grumpy, "I appreciate the offer to kick his ass if he makes me cry." He couldn't believe this was happening. Yuuki paused for a moment, "so. Say I did try to flirt with him - which I'm not going to! How do your even flirt with guys?"  The words were out of his mouth before he'd thought of them.

Rhindeer

Niaaki leaned back on his hands and tried not to grin too broadly. Of course he wasn't going to try pursuing the guy. Mhmm.

"Right, right, you're just curious," Niaaki said--and kind of failed at the whole "not grinning like a Cheshire cat" bit. "Well, it depends! I imagine it is a lot like flirting with anyone else. You know, 'accidental' touches that linger a bit too long, playful innuendo, genuine compliments, getting just a little bit in his space. You could offer to buy him a drink--that's always a good ice breaker. I use 'you' in the general sense here, mind you, not you you."

Oh gods, this was too much. Yuuki was actually asking him for dating advice!

"Meaningful looks go a long way," he continued with a nod. "A glance from his eyes to his lips sends a pretty strong message, for example."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Draconian

It did?

Yuuki stared at Niaaki's eyes for a moment and then looked down at his lips, simply because Niaaki had mentioned it. Quickly Yuuki lifted his hand to cover Niaaki's mouth, shaking his head quickly for a few seconds before opening his mouth. "Nope. No. I can't do it." He moved his hand away from Niaaki's mouth and then simply lifted his hands, still shaking his head.

"I'll just try to bag us an old lady so we can live in her mansion. Get old together. Adopt a kid, we can tell them our brother is their dad and we're Uncle Yuuki and Uncle Niaaki. it'll be great. Can you imagine? A little me-you." Yuuki quickly frowned, "That's a terrible idea, Niaaki why do you let me come up with ideas." Pressing his hands to his face he frowned for a moment before rolling his shoulders and putting his hands on Niaaki's shoulders and his word vomit just didn't end.

"You shut up. You shut up right now. No more talking. It's late. You need your beauty sleep. I need my beauty sleep because the Gods know this mug isn't the money maker." Yuuki stood up and because he knew that Niaaki would probably get all stubborn and giggly and grinny, Yuuki picked him up bridal style and made his way to Niaaki's room and got ready to toss the smarmy little bastard on his bed.

Niaaki was having way too much fun with this. Yuuki should have kept his mouth shut. Then again, if Yuuki kept his mouth shut then the pair would never have any fun.

Rhindeer

Niaaki broke completely, bursting into hysterical laughter as Yuuki had his little panic attack. Fortunately for Yuuki, that meant he did shut up--but only because his sides started to ache and he started to wheeze from cackling so much.

"Oh gods! I knew I missed you, but I hadn't realized just how much!" he said between fits of giggles--yes, giggles, and dammit he wasn't even ashamed! Yuuki's word vomit was the best, an interesting bit of insight into the inner workings of his mind. It was so strange how all of those flaily, seemingly unrelated rambles were connected and somehow segued seamlessly into one another, and Niaaki reminded himself that he needed to play some sort of word association game with Yuuki sometime, because that would probably be a hoot.

He was still trying to catch his breath when Yuuki scooped him up, and he threw his arms around the bigger man's neck. "No, see, I'm the beauty of this operation. You're the brains," he finally managed to say, a shit-eating grin spreading across his face.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Draconian

In an effort to look intimidating, Yuuki simply glowered at Niaaki. With the smaller man in his arms there was less room to press their foreheads together to get some intense eyecontact going. So Yuuki did that, glaring the whole while.

Then reeled back and gave Niaaki a disgusted look. "I'm the brains? Oh, you poor soul." He nudged Niaaki's door open, giving it a sweeping look for any danger - more out of habit than anything - and finally tossed Niaaki onto his bed. Standing at the door way, he had a hand on his hip and was shaking his head sympathetically at his friend. "No wonder we settled in Adela." He scoffed, shaking his head slightly. "Remember, you ever wanna pack up and go, say the word." He gave Niaaki a thumbs up before he went into the bedroom instead of just throwing distance.

He kneed next to the bed, shuffled Niaaki in (even tucked him in) and gave him a kiss on the top of the head. "I missed you. I'll try to get jobs that are closer to home, or ones that don't have me leave for a long time, yeah?"

Rhindeer

It was like old times, like no time had passed at all, as Niaaki was flung into bed and even tucked in. And he'd missed that. A lot. Sure, he'd tried to fill in some of the loneliness, and make up for lost time and go through his rebellious teen stage several years after the fact, and had thus shared beds and been pressed against other warm bodies, but...nothing really compared to this, in all its warmth and simplicity. Flings were fun, but family was forever, and he suddenly felt thirteen again with Yuuki all taking care of him.

"Local jobs sounds brilliant," he said with a smile up at Yuuki. "It was...really lonely with you gone. I think I'm okay with staying in Adela for a while, too," he added. "At least for now. Maybe in a few months the old wanderlust will strike, but it's kind of nice to have a place that is ours. Roots, I guess. Besides..."

His smile turned teasingly sly and he bat his eyelashes at Yuuki exaggeratedly. "You say you met your horse man before you left. Does that mean he's here? In Adela? Surely you want to stay for Horse Man!"

Draconian

Still kneeling beside Niaaki's bed and eventually folding his arms on top of it and rested his head, looking at his surrogate brother. No, they were brothers. None of that foster stuff. Blood was thicker than water? Pah. It was just more slippery. Who needed blood when you had some weird metaphor for family? Yuuki smirked at the idea of old wanderlust. "Well, at least we're not in Connlaoth." Yuuki eyed butch for a moment, giving the doll a pat on the head - but very gently. "Or the desert. You'd melt there."

The sly teasing look got a cold hard glare from Yuuki. It quickly turned from that cold hard glare into a shy smile-not-smile and he stuck his tongue out. "I'll stay for you. Just... Forget about the Horse Man. Maybe I'll say Hi if I see him again." He gave a cool look towards Niaaki before Yuuki ruffled his silvery hair and stood up. "Go to sleep. I'll see you in the morning."

Yuuki walked towards the door, stopped at the door way, "I'm glad I'm home. Love you, Ni." And then he shut the door gently before going towards his own room. It smelled unused - which was okay with him - and he got ready for bed and eventually fell asleep, feeling more content with his life than he could ever remember being. He really hoped Niaaki forgot about the Horse Guy in the morning.

(And thus ends my welcome home thread. <3 Yaaaaay.)