Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Company of Strangers (Open, Bovil)

Started by Sunoko, April 13, 2015, 06:29:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunoko

"O-Oh, hello sir."

It wasn't uncommon of Aldis to find himself in the slightly uncomfortable situation of talking to La'marri guards in front of his home... or inn, or apothecary, whichever it was serving as at that particular moment. Why? Nothing too serious; The guards tended to call it 'preventative measures'. It was common knowledge to everyone and anyone who lived in the small town that the boy tended to get himself into more trouble than one would think humanly possible, and only half of it came from that cursed book he was always using. Checking in on him every so often just ensured things didn't go too far south-- at least, not over time.

"Keeping your nose clean, Aldis?" The guard asked. This was, in particular, a hard question for him to answer-- he had been doing groundswork before the guard approached him, and so his nose, amusingly, was slightly covered with dirt. Darned groundhogs. "I do try, sir." He responded in a somewhat sheepish voice, aware of his situation. The guard raised an amused eyebrow, but didn't bother the boy much more than that, nodding before carrying on. It was also common knowledge that Aldis wasn't much of a talker, and typically did mean well. As a result, most of the town gave him the benefit of the doubt.

...Most of them, anyway.

thehiddenbeast13

A man ,with a interested look on his face, saw a simple inn...err home.  The man approached what he assumed was the innkeeper and said,"Hello there, you wouldn't happen to be the owner of this small inn, would you?" The man had a humble look on his face with a full intention of becoming a simple customer.

Sunoko

Aldis was rather glad to see the guard leave; Even though he understood that they were simply doing their jobs to occasionally drop by, he always felt so nervous in their presence. Most were nice people; A few of them, however, had their own biases against some race or another, and that... well, ignorance, spread into the way they did their jobs. So far, they hadn't found any particular prejudice against him, but it was clear that a couple of them weren't very fond of his potential for mischief.

Oh well. On to more important things; As Aldis finished up around the front of the inn's yard, he was approached by a... a... huh. That was odd. "O-oh, I... yes, I am the innkeeper; My name is Aldis Terrynwood; It's a pleasure. Were you... interested in staying the night, by chance?" He asked quietly, with a slightly quizzical look on his face that he couldn't hide, no matter how much he tried. Aldis was quite learned in the different schools of magic; Enchantments and glamour spells were no problem for him to detect. Here was a... well, 'man', by all appearances, but through the eyes of a mage, he seemed to be under a magical glamour. The boy couldn't help but wonder why; Here, most people of all races and backgrounds were accepted, even if the guards were fairly divided. For now, he decided not to question it; At least until they were away from prying eyes and ears.

thehiddenbeast13

Bovil smiled and said,"Why yes I am, I'm a traveler, but I need to rest for a while." He then noticed the odd look on Aldis' face and asked,"Er, is everything alright...Aldis was it?"

Sunoko

"I...Yes-- I mean, no-- err, everything's fine, I think. Possibly. No... yes, everything is quite fine. Please, feel free to come inside; I'll need to write you into my books..." Aldis, ever the nervous wreck around newcomers, nodded quietly to himself, as if going over what he'd just said in his mind, before picking up his potting shovel and heading into the large, old-styled home, beckoning for Bovil to follow.

Mentally, he had been considering whether or not to address the issue of the magical glamour; It may have been a touchy subject, or possibly something dangerous to bring up... Or more likely was the case, this man was a giant dragon and he was planning to eat Aldis in one bite before destroying the rest of La'marri in turn.

...At least, in Aldis's imagination, that was a clear possibility.

The interior 'front room' was simplistic in it's design, but filled with curious nicknacks. Shelves, cabinets, armories, and tables lined the walls, covered and filled with strange, magical devices, old tomes, and rare plants. Some things moved; Some things glowed. A strangely befitting, sweet scent permeated the room, but only lightly. Aldis himself quietly navigated his way forward and stepped behind a counter, where an extremely suspiciously normal sunflower sat, as well as a small book, which he began to scroll through, inked feather in hand.

"...Ah... okay. And so you'll be staying under... what name?"

thehiddenbeast13

Bovil watched as the man stuttered, but lead him into a room with numerous items hanging around. He smiled as he stared at all of the items, he almost ignored the person talking to him until he heard the keeper ask for his name. He looked over and said,"Ah, put it under Bovil Shearrion." He then turned his attention back to all items and could only recognize a few of them.