Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

When an Owl Gets Caught in Your Mustache [Rhi-Rhi]

Started by Jounin64, August 27, 2015, 10:37:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jounin64

Rhys strolls though the streets of Arca with a spring in his step. It wasn't everyday that he got to leave Coastal Serendipity for a job, but it always amuses him when he does, especially when he goes to Arca where there are many poor people to laugh at.

His target today was a traveling dwarven merchant by the name of Yaric Stoneborne who is residing in Arca for awhile. Rhys was hired to eliminate him by a rival merchant and was tipped off that he could be found in some local taverns. "This shouldn't be so hard. I mean he is a dwarf after all." Rhys cheerfully thinks.

Five taverns and twenty drinks later Rhys storms into his sixth tavern grumbling. "How can it be that hard to find a dwarf among a bunch of humans?! And worst of all I did not even get drunk off this piss poor ale! By the gods this next tavern better have him or have some Summervale imported drinks."

He glances over the crowd and find a short stout man at a table jugging a mug of mead. "At last!" Rhys thinks while heading over to him. "Yaric?" he questions.

The dwarf looked his way revealing a messy assortment of facial hair. "Whatdya want from me?"

"Oh nothing I just thought you could use some potions in your stock...it makes you very attractive to the ladies." Rhys gives him a wink "Why don't you come to the alley near by and you can try it out yourself."

Yaric shrugs and gets up. "Nothing else better to do in this shithole." They both enter the alley way and Rhys hands him a potion. Yaric drinks it and within seconds he collapses dead.

"Finally that's done with." Rhys looks the corpse over. "I can't leave him like this." Rhys takes his dagger out and trims his facial hair so he looks more dignified. He puts his dagger away and walks out smiling. "And they say I'm heartless."

Rhindeer

[SORRY THIS TOOK SO LONG! Life is finally back under control! xD]

There were a couple things all the murders had in common: one, if they grew facial hair, it was always freshly trimmed, complete with fresh clippings by the bodies; two, they all died of poison. A very fancy poison, too, from what she had heard. A poison only the very wealthy could get a hold of.

That is what she heard, at least, and what she sought to investigate that day as part of her own personal training, for today she was being extra gutsy: she had slipped out during the day when she normally only went out at night, and she didn't don her mask--for she would look pretty ridiculous in the full Owl getup in broad daylight! Instead, she used it as an exercise in practicing her magic, and using her gift of illusions, she turned her hair and eyes from pink to brown, vanished her beauty mark, and even gave herself some scruffy facial hair. She had been doing a lot of practicing in front of a mirror, and had even asked Rufus for makeup tips in case of magical failures. But her magic had grown stronger, and she had grown more confident in it, and by the time she snuck out of the house that day...

She looked like a damned handsome young man, if she did say so herself.

She bound her breasts, donned masculine clothes, tied her hair back in a loose tail, and was conscious of the way she walked and moved as Rufus had taught her. No, today she was definitely not Einin; instead, she was Tanin.

Gods. Her alter identities just kept growing.

As she walked through town, confidence in her stride even though her heart hammered in her chest at the craziness of what she was doing, she went over a game plan in her head. There was no rush to get home; her parents were out of town for a couple days, and she had told her maids to let her be for the day. She was good on that front. How to find a mysterious killer, though? She supposed her first step was to ask around.

And it was while she was heading to a tavern that she decided to cut through an alley as a shortcut--

Right as a well-dressed nobleman with a fabulous mustache was walking out.

"Wah!" she yelped, but reacted too late and ran face first into him instead.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Jounin64

Rhys' smug look twists into one of shock as he collides head on into someone. Stumbling back, his first instinctive action is to check up on his mustache. Luckily the mystery citizen is shorter than him, leaving his mustache unscathed.

Now that his nerves are calmed, Rhys sizes up the person in front of him. They seemed fairly young, the clothes signified that they are not just at commoner, and they bore some facial hair. "Oh thank the god! I thought I ran into some ruffian....or even worse a beggar!" The mustachioed lord announces.

Rhys makes direct eye contact with the young man. "Now I must know your name, you seem like a fine gentleman who has taken an early interest in the art of facial hair. Though, you're a bit scruffy, let me give you some pointers." Rhys puts his arm around his shoulders and leads him back out, this way the body won't be discovered with him as suspect.