Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Don't Be A Stranger (Gligar)

Started by Saber-Five, January 15, 2016, 11:33:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saber-Five

Another day, another drink Meeta Nefertari thought gulping down the last of cheap wine in a small wooden cup. She sat by herself in a corner of a half filled tavern, wearing a dust covered cloak over her figure. For the time being she wanted to be herself and just relax. It wasn't something she didn't had often in her former life as a slave.

Now freed, Meeta intended to take of advantage of such benefits when it suited her. Thankfully she wasn't unemployed due to her profession as a freelance pit fighter. Plus being the lover and partner of a renown bounty hunter added more perks as well. She looked out across the bar, as the occupants went about their routines and such. Suddenly someone new entered through the front door.

With a discreet eye, she looked up to see who this stranger is.   

Gligar

Elena Stanfield flung back her hood. About damn time I got a break from all this wandering around. She shrugged and seated herself on the chair next to Meeta.

"Gin and tonic, please." she said, seemingly unmindful of the swordswoman next to her. She put down her staff - it was time for a well-deserved drink.

Saber-Five

Quite truthfully, Meeta didn't see too many pink skinned foreigners in these places, unless they were slaves. So the fact this outsider came with such confidence, was pretty revealing, this stranger was no slave nor a servant either.

The waiter nearby, just huff an acknowledgment at Elena, letting her know she will have her drink in a rude matter. Meeta looked sideways at this newcomer and spoke in the common tongue with an accent.

"Welcome to Essryn, stranger. What brings you here to our side of the world?"

Gligar

"Heh, just wandering around. Wanted to see what mischief I could wreak and which innocents I could corrupt." Elena twirled her hair, still waiting for her drink. She spoke in a slurred manner that was most commonly heard in pirate coves. "You know, witch stuff?"

Saber-Five

Raising an eyebrow at the answer, Meeta didn't know if she was serious or not. If so, this one acted like she didn't care if that opinion was universally shared here. Then the annoyed waiter brought Elena's drink and left in haste, obviously not interested in dealing with what he saw as a uppity barbarian anymore than he had to.

"That is pretty straightforward, assuming you're serious. I'm just contend with having a good time or a fight, or simply best of both worlds. My name is Meeta Nefertari."

Gligar

"Hey, Meeta. I'm Elena Stanfield, witch extraordinaire." Elena sipped from her cup.

The witch cracked her knuckles. "Heh. I'm a sucker for both of those things too, actually. When was the last time you had a really good fight?"

Saber-Five

Smirking with a coy cat, Meeta replied.

"Well it's been almost a week to be honest. If you really want to tussle, I know a private spot nearby where we can have it out."

Gligar

"Me? Fight you?" Elena laughed, drinking heavily from her glass. "You're on!"

I'd better not underestimate her... she thought to herself. She looks fairly tough.

Saber-Five

Meeta answered Elena's laugh with a slient yet defiant grin.

"Good, follow me then." She then said.

Been playing wanting to test my new strength some more. Meeta reminded herself. After they paid for their drinks, Meeta lead Elena out of the traven. Several minutes later they came to a deserted  building. Inside at the center was a fight pit covered by a huge red cotten mat, surrounded by a couple of stands slighty above it.

Once the two reach the pit, Meeta stripped out of her cloak, revealing that she wore white silk wrappings that covered her chest area and a matching short mini-skirt. Taking off her sandals as well, the Essnryi half-breed spoke.

"Here the rules, no magic, no weapons, just hand to hand combat. The winner is decided when one of us yields or is knocked out, unless it's a draw. Sounds reasonable?"

Gligar

Elena smiled. "I like the sound of that." she said. She was feeling a little light from the drink, but made sure to keep as focused as possible.

She gave Meeta a small smirk. "I'd like to add another rule, though..."

Saber-Five

Meeta paused with a curious expression before saying.

"Okay what's your rule? Also you may want to take your cloak off for this if you want it to stay intact. It's going to be rough."

Gligar

With one swift pull, Elena flung away her cloak and staff. She flexed her muscles and got into a fighting stance.

"No crying home to Mommy."

Saber-Five

Amusement filled Meeta's expression. The Essnryi half-breed commented further.

"Its a deal. I'll add something to your condition, the winner gets to punish the loser for a little bit afterward."

With that said, Meeta got into her own fight stance and began to circle around Elena.

Gligar

"Heh. Alright, then!"

Elena bounced in place, looking for an opening to strike. Finding one, she rushed at Meeta and jumped in for a knee to the side. Her form was poor, betraying that of someone who had no training whatsoever - but that mattered little when the blow was at a speed faster than most people could even see.

Saber-Five

If Meeta haven't gained those new abilities recently, she wouldn't been able to counter against Elena's attack effectively. Yet she did and Elena would find out to her shock when her host/opponent with one arm and threw a hook punch with the other, aiming for the foreigner's face.

Gligar

"I - what?" Elena said, her face a look of pure shock. She didn't have it long, as the blow knocked her back, her nose bleeding.

She stumbled back, her earlier cocky expression gone. "How did you - how did you do that? You weren't even supposed to see it!"

Saber-Five

"Let's say daring I picked up some enhanced strength and reflexes from a magical source. Something you would understand no doubt." Meeta answered, as she displayed a predatory gaze. It wasn't of the sinister sort, but enough to make Elena know she was in for a tougher fight than she imagined.

Suddenly the Essnryi half-breed attacked, jabbing with both fists, targeting for the witch's upper body area like chest and head.

Gligar

Elena barely blocked the attacks with her arms. She launched herself back a few feet and made a rush again, aiming a flurry of blows wildly at Meeta.

Saber-Five

The jabs had been used to test Elena's defenses and reaction. The results paid off, the witch came at Meeta recklessly. She took some hits in the face and stomach but Meeta countered, by grabbing ahold Elena by the waist and body slammed her to the ground.

Gligar

Elena tumbled to the ground, grunting as she hit the cold floor. Pinned, she aimed a volley of blind swings at Meeta's face from her position.