Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

History of La'reena

Started by Zane, May 14, 2013, 06:45:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zane

So I just read the extincive history of the site. And it was awesome. But know I'm wondering as to the official ingame history. I've only been around for almost a year now but I don't know much of the past of the world I live and play in. Who was this precursor nation known today only due to the curse of fell and a few forgotten texts. How did the three nations officially form? Who led the discovery of Yorieq? Are there other colonized continents across the sea? Do wet have any foreign enemies that we should worry about as a whole? This is just something I've often wondered about but never asked.

Rhindeer

Other continents are unknown in-game at this point. :3 But there's a possibility they exist, and we do plan on one day expanding because we have lots of ideas for other nations that we've been throwing around! >8D As of yet, though, the focus is on Le'raana, but when another continent is eventually introduced it'll definitely be a big in-game event! 8D

Currently, the precursor nation is unknown, as much of that information was destroyed or left behind, deep within Fell. And of course it's super dangerous to look for that stuff!

The person/crew that discovered Yoreiq is also unknown! 8D But people are TOTALLY free to come up with something for that. Since Yoreiq was only discovered within the last ten years, it's EASILY possible those people are still alive. 8D So anyone who wants to do anything with that is totally free to jump on that plot bunny and run with it! Heck, there's even the possibility of playing out the discovery through flashback threads. ^^

As for how the nations formed, well, Connlaoth and Serendipity formed from the nation that became Fell. They were the same people, but ultimately split over a difference in belief systems. Connlaothians have the most in common with their ancestors in "Fell", while Serenians became more of a mixed people when they mingled with fae folk in the early years--in the first generations you would see half-fae being born and the like, but that doesn't happen anymore, and they eventually sort of melted together and became their own thing. Most Serenians have very little actual fae in them--just enough from their ancestors to give them an affinity for magic and weakness toward iron. People who are actually half-fae or a large portion fae are kinda stigmatized nowadays.

Adela came about when Serenians started branching out and mingled with the tribes living out there. Eventually, they also broke away and became their own thing. :3
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Zane

Awesome! Thanks for the swift reply (got me before I fell asleep). Can't wait for the introduction of the other continent(s)

Rhindeer

You're welcome! 8D Hope that helps!
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa