Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Mordecaism vs Nature Spirits

Started by Scythe-Nova, July 19, 2013, 06:02:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scythe-Nova

Yeah i have a question about Mordecaism versus the magic of Nature Spirits who are spiritual manifestations of all the Elements of the world

Are they cancled out or do they go under Immortal magics?

TheHighwayman

Well, I'm not exactly an authority on it, but it says that Mordecaism only affects mortal magics. The innate magic of demons, angels, fae, etc. is said not to be inhibited, and what you're describing sounds closer to that than to finger-waggling wizard spells, so... I'd say the magic... probably would work? Like I said, not an expert, but that's what it seems like.

Vincent

Here is an excerpt taken from the article on Mordecai from the SotE Wiki:

Mordecai will have no other magical or psionic abilities; it is a power that occurs alone. The Mordecai ability does not work on inanimate objects. Enchanted objects are unaffected, and while magic cannot be cast inside the range, magic cast outside it is not dispelled upon entry. Similarly, who it works on depends on the source of their magic. Creatures whose ability is racial and/or intrinsic to their very nature and existence are unaffected. However, creatures whose abilities are not simply a part of their very nature are affected. (Side note: it is, essentially, up to the individual player to decide if their character is affected.)