Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Question about Djinn

Started by TheAmir, October 10, 2013, 07:28:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheAmir

I saw that they were listed as a species in Southern Le'raana, but I couldn't find specific information about the Lore used for this setting in regards to them. I have a character that I'd like to play here (I've RP'ed him in various/similar settings for about 9 years now) who is a half-Djinni/human. I wanted to check in and make sure this was OK before plopping a character profile down for him, and wondered what the guidelines might be for that particular race.

Thanks in advance ~

Lion

You're free to make your own details regarding a race - perhaps a specific race of Djinn - and it is not required to post it as an official race.  As far as I know, that kind of character is perfectly okay!  I think Kleine has a few djinn related characters, so it's not unheard of!  I believe the only guidelines would be the ones you make for yourself, and any character is okay as long as it does not break the world's canon.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

kleineklementine

I do indeed! And I didn't submit any ideas for what kind of djinn or what I meant by djinn or anything like that... So I would say that you can probably just go ahead and make whatever character you want and don't worry about it! XD If it turns out that your idea of a djinn is different than someone else's then, well, like Lion said, they can just be different races. But in general SOTE is pretty easy-peasy about stuff like that!

TheAmir

Yay! That works for me  8) thanks all! I'll try to get up a profile later this evening after the kiddo is in bed for the night.