Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

News of the Earth! [SotE / RotE "newspaper" project!]

Started by Nascent, February 02, 2014, 11:32:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What would you like to see in Issue #2 of News of the Earth?

More interviews!
2 (18.2%)
More in-character / in-world news!
8 (72.7%)
More features and exposés!
1 (9.1%)
Try something different! (Please make suggestions)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: April 24, 2014, 08:15:36 AM

Nascent

Right, so things are starting to come together for the first issue. There still isn't very much submitted content as yet, but I trust that you guys've got awesome stuff in the works for that.

For the moment, though, I wanted to step aside from that and ask if anyone was interested in having their character be the first interviewee on 'Drinking with Mephy'. All you need is a Skype account, some free time, and the ability to write in-character (which, given this is an RP forum, I'm assuming you all have). So, anyone interested?

Anadwen

I'm super-excited and would completely love to do that, but unfortunately I don't have a skype account and I never had one. is it possible to arrange it without it?

Nascent

I'll see what I can do, yeah. What kind of IM do you typically use?

Anadwen

I don't really use IMs except for those on social networking sites and emails, and those are unfortunately personal :/

Zane

Sure. I can do the interview. I actually have a newbie being plotted for my new guild that I just posted. It would be a great way for mr to work out any kinks in his character. My skype name is Kurokuma0611. Just send me a pm on here if and when you want to do it.

Codestar7

Nascent

Quote from: SanguineBlade on February 23, 2014, 12:04:11 PM
How many words do you want?

There's no specific word count or anything -- I don't plan to limit it if it can be avoided or force people to write more than they want. Just write what you feel is good; I'll be eager to see what you come up with for the vocab section. ;D

Nascent

Got a treat for everyone! Just finished putting together the NotE newspaper banner; tell me what ya think!

(Images used credited to Aquamary and Rtil)

Also, found some nifty tutorials & such for how to do newspaper PDFs in OpenOffice, so not only will the news be newsy it'll also have nice graphical touches and formatting to boot. ^_^

Anadwen

zozee9

Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

Art Thread: Here! | deviantArt Profile: Here <3

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

Nascent

Heya SotE! Just a quick update to let everyone know where the project stands:

That lil' beauty there is a WIP preview of page one of issue one -- page one, so far, of five, just so ya don't think old Nas has been asleep at the wheel. So far we have the Introduction, an interview with the awesome GoblinFae, a 'Wordplay' section featuring vocabulary selections made by our very own SanguineBlade, two mini-sections linking to recently created characters, and all of it ornamented with artworks by the talented Painterlee and Visualspice. A few things related to the Civil War are underway as well by the amazing Visualspice, though the details are still a bit secret. ^_^There is, of course, still a fair bit to add, some of which I'll be putting together over the next two days but some that, due to IRL constraints, will take a bit longer. That means I'm pushing back the release date for this issue to March 17th.

I'm still waiting on the following bits and pieces:
- Drinking with Mephy interview (my bad here Zozee; I'll see if I can catch you on Skype soon so we can do this)
- Guild promotion(s)
- IC News (C'mon people, surely you've got some adventures you think would make good stories, even if they were just published as 'local rumors'... in fact, that's not a bad idea, come to think of it!)
- Want ads (Think of this as an RP request made IC)
- Any additional content, including artwork (We've had a lot of ideas and suggestions so far, so I'm looking more towards full publication-ready writing pieces at this stage.)

There's more going on behind the scenes too, including a few stories I haven't mentioned yet, but as there's no sense spoiling the whole first issue you'll all just have to wait.  :P

In any case, keep the contributions flowing and the first issue will be a thing of beauty! ;D

Brisinger987

visualspice

Looks good so far, Nascent! I might have some Rumors for the Gossip section XD (aka- IC news)
but we'll see~
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Nascent

Thanks Spice! And yeah, just PM any material to me and it'll be considered for publication Gaunt.

Anadwen

if it's coming out any soon, I may have an image of one my character to PM (a chibi, at that, and a cute one!)...

Nascent

Awesome, send it my way Anadwen! And yes, expecting to publish on the 17th, so now's a good time certainly.

Anadwen

should be sent your way soon... a chibi Artemis!

visualspice

I'm busy today but I'll try to finish up my two articles tomorrow so I can send them to you for review D8
I also wanted to make a small comic but we'll see if I can get that done in time ^_^
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Nascent

I am HUGELY grateful for whatever you can contribute, Spice. Thanks in advance! ;D