Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Creating a New Species?

Started by Vivi, October 27, 2013, 04:06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vivi

I have a species of my own I wrote a while back - a hive of subterranean lizard-folk, starting to emerge to trade and interact with the world above - however, my background for the race is very detailed, including societal rules, physiology, reasons for interacting with other races etc. Got it all planned out.

See, what I'm wondering is whether this would push this species over into being a nation, which I read as being a bit more tricky in the rules. Personally, I really doubt it'd count as a country - more a hive of underground villages out in the desert - but they do have their own culture, beliefs, hierarchies and all that, and I'd hate to create a character only to find out I'm breaking the rules.

So what are my limits here? At what point does a species need to be discussed?

Lion

As far as I know, you only need to fill out a race/species sheet if you'd like it to be apart of the main setting and to allow it for other people to play as well.  You don't have to make a species sheet if you're going to use it as your own character though.  If I'm wrong I'm sure Rhi-Rhi will clear it up.  If you'd like it to be apart of the world-canon, then you'd make a new race on the Wiki, though you'd have to have Rhi make it for you, then you're good to go.

But yeah, as far as I know, you don't have to submit a race in order to use it.  I hope that helps! 

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Vivi

Ah, thanks for the tip. I'm assuming this isn't the same as the regular Joining form? If that's right, is there a link I can follow? I'd like to take a look before I figure out what to do.

EDIT: Never mind, I made the character anyway - absurdly detailed as it it. Let me know if this is a problem at all.

Vivi

That's... actually surprisingly accurate! Not as scaly though.

I need to catch up on the new seasons before the anniversary episode.

jparsonseagle

I made a spicies these creatures of cloth the sise of a doll can you help me create it?