Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Watching and waiting (goldie)

Started by Nahashsan, January 02, 2024, 04:33:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nahashsan

Nykole roared "you bet your ass I'll pull the damn sled by myself." Her voice quivered with anger but she managed to bring her voice down "Now you can leave if you want but I doubt you would make it far." With that she turned and started digging some more.

Goldie

Kat didn't move. She didn't even respond to Nykole after her outburst. She was seething and she was exhausted and she was cold, but she also knew that whatever the elf claimed, she wouldn't get far while trying to pull a fully laden sled. The elf was being ridiculous.

But transforming was out of the question right now. Kat, literally, couldn't do anything to help and only Lucius had been kind to her so far. From her side, the elf was just an ungrateful mooch who couldn't even conjure up a thank you for all of the work that Kat had done for her.

Gods, Kat was too tired to argue back. That was new.

So, instead, she huddled deeper into her too-big-furs and, much to her complete mortification, she cried silently to herself.
A duck walked up to a lemonade stand.....

Nahashsan

Nykole was so angry she could barely see straight. She focused all that energy into digging out the sled. The continents of the sled was haphazardly throw on either side of the pit.

Having dug down to the sled she then dug a ramp to pull it up and out of the hole.  Exhausted she collapsed on her back. Her anger Having burnt itself out.

Lucius came and sat next to her.  "You ok" he ask. He wasn't used to seeing her get so upset.

"I'm just peachy" Nykole mumbled as she drifted off to sleep.

Goldie

Kat was cold. Colder than she had ever been in her entire life. Any other time she would have transformed into something that would have kept her warm, but now? Now she was afraid to do anything. If she transformed and couldn't turn back she would be stuck in that form forever past the 48 hour mark. Her companions didn't understand that and she wasn't feeling particularly keen on sharing that bit of information. In the wrong hands, that could mean the end of her.

She also didn't understand why Nykole was angry with her. She had literally done all of the heavy lifting during the storm. Aikaterini had kept them both from being buried and was now asking for some grace and was being yelled at for it? Ridiculous! Why had she even saved them in the first place? She didn't owe them anything. Gods she was stupid. All it would have taken was for her to run off as a polar bear and she would have been fine – living off the land was what she knew! It was how she had survived this long in the first place! She was more bear than human.

Soon her thoughts became stupid and slow as the cold crept up her legs and rooted her to the ground. The arctic wasn't just cold, it was death incarnate. How long had it been since she had last felt her fingertips? Or her knees even? Was it just her, or was it getting warmer?

Just a quick nap. That's all she needed and then she would be better; then she'd be able to transform.

Just a quick nap....

Her eyes closed and she drifted into a hypothermia induced sleep with tears frozen on her cheeks.
A duck walked up to a lemonade stand.....