Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

What would you like to see in SotE?

Started by Rhindeer, May 03, 2007, 12:52:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

QuoteAlso, I'd like to see a certain Desert city get created. Something that starts with an S and ends with another S. Might have a oli in the middle, can't remember how to spell it. >_>

-leaps on and completely huggles the life from ShizukuTonderui if she's thinking of mona's race-

You mean the Solisona? Kei would like some luffin, that's for sure. XDD

But the newspaper...

Could it be like a huge, IC and OC thing? like, we can have an OC part where we have OC stuff told, and like have'd like, contests and just general news on everything from RL to who's grounded? and IC like, a part for the big plot, and then each area gets their own page sort of thing?

-dies- that's all the idea's i have for right now, lemme go away now. xDD

Anonymous

*Is huggled to death?! Oh no! Good thing he has no life...just...unlife.*

Well, I was actually thinking of Solis, the homeland of the Lumenari. That's Tal's place. I didn't think the Solisona had a place where the lived and based out of, or at least, a place that wasn't created yet. *Cough*

Sorry Mona, but still, I do want to do something with the Lumenari and the Solisona. I have plans.

Oh yes.

Plans.

Anonymous

XDDD i don't care much, it was a guess. XDD should've looked. ^^

but anywayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, yeah, that's a good idea, put the different towns up in teh desert.
XDD

plans??? -trembles- they better be good plans! XDD

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mona/molty"plans??? -trembles- they better be good plans! XDD

You don't know me very well, so I'll let that slide. If you doubt me, just look at the title above my avatar.

Rhindeer

Twitchy: Okies! 8D Whenever you get the info ready, just send it my way and I'll stick it up an create the library board! 8D

Hmm...a school of magic in Connlaoth. That could be wicked. It'd probably have to be somewhere remote, and Nightcandle would have to give her opinion. On the other side, it might be too difficult to really pull off in a way that'd make sense for Connlaoth...and it might make the location a bit too magic-based, since Connlaoth is supposed to be that one kingdom where magic is underground and rare. Even if the school was hidden...there are already so many characters in Connlaoth that are magical, or support magic, when personally I'd really love seeing more Connlaothian characters who genuinely don't like magic and uphold that viewpoint. xD

o.o Now that I think of it more...maybe a school of magic somewhere else would be better. ^^;;

Ah! Maybe Serendipity? Or...heck, it could be an independent location that people from all over travel to or...somethin'. Hm...

Newspaper! Well...yeah! I like the idea of one big newspaper that has sections for the big plot and then mini sections for the major areas. :3 And I think it'd be fun to let players submit articles for it. And an OOC section would be fun too, even; I don;t think including who's absent in the paper is really necessary since we now have an absenses board, but players could submit stuff relating to roleplaying and any contests and whatnot. 8D

Speaking of contests...

Anyone interested in those? And if so, what kind? :3
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

... Stupid mona! XDDD we shall have to play together sometime, before you wreck poor Kei's life. XDD

aaaaaannnnyyyyy

Newspaper: i didn't mean absences like that, it was just an example. but contest's, like art contests or writing contest's, and maybe find stuff contest's, or something!!!! but a newspaper would be effing sweet!

Tally

I've seen a lot of rpg sites try the newspaper idea and it always seems to fall through because no one ever submits stuff. o.O

I was thinking the other day of a board for Adela called Sanctuary, based on the medieval law that provided sanctuary in churches even for criminals. It would be a healer's college, with the possibility of expanding its curriculum to include other magics. It would be autonomous within Adela, meaning the Adelan government would have no authority on its grounds, etc.

T_T I don't know where to start with Solis. It's a lot of information to organize.

Rhindeer

This is also true...hrm. ^^;; And I really don't even have any idea how to even approach starting a newspaper thing. xD

Oh! I like the idea of the Sanctuary! *_* That would be really awesome...so yeah, once you whip up some info about it, what you want to be the board description and anything else relevent, I'd be more than happy to set the board up. :3 Along with any other stuff you've come up with for Adela. ^_^

And yeah...o.o  I could see how that'd be overwhelming. Hm...I guess you could try organizing it into chunks like howthe ither kingdoms are. Military info, cultural tidbits, government, major areas, religion, that sorta thing! :3 If you need help or anything (if you're still doing it at least) I'd be more than willing to help. <3
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Tally

I've always wanted to see the IC News board used more, not necessarily just to announce big events, but as a "current events" board. A way to let everyone know what's going on in places they aren't following and a way to put things in a larger context.

If people start using it, it could serve kind of as a newspaper. o.O I guess no one wants to be the person to start posting there when hardly no one else is. Maybe I'll start using it myself. n___n

Anonymous

Well, about the newspaper thing... I know a lot of boards that do that try to start really really big. If we start smaller, like a few articles and one contest.. thing, then see the popularity level of it and keep deadlines strict and stuff, then maybe you could enlarge it. ^^

But that's just me being weird. i like one of the original ideas about having the contries views being more clear, like the views about woman working, and sexual views, and religion and such.

Anonymous

While the idea of a magic school in Connlaoth does tickle me on one level; I'll have to vote nay on that one.  It's far too doomed an endevour to have its own board.  Plus, it would make Connlaoth the butt of a joke - the big, bumbling bad guy (not that Connlaoth is a 'good' country, per se, it's more darkish grey) that can't knock off a little group of people.  If the magic school has to be in a dangerous environment, it can be in a volcano, straddling a fault line or on a floating island.  Someplace where it's in danger based on forces of nature.

Actually, a floating island magic school would be pretty sweet.  Y'know, as long as it floated around randomly so people wouldn't take control of it and use it to try and conquer the world.  I have to admit that as soon as I read school of magic I was thinking about Vane, the floating magic city/school in Lunar Silver Star Story *coughs*

Hmmm.... it'd be a little difficult to play a reporter, methinks.  You'd have to have that character butt into all sorts of threads trying to catch a scoop.  What if the reporters were pseudonyms?  Players could write their take on their own and other people's threads as a person in game.  It could work something like the Letters forum, where the person would explain which paper it was taken from.

Actually, that would be an interesting question to pose for the nations of SotE.  Do they HAVE newspapers?  I can imagine Necromantia having the technology to print all sorts of stuff, but couldn't imagine remote places like Hyoite and Essryn devoting the sort of time to making paper, getting material etc. etc. etc.  In that case, the 'news' could be hear-say people pick up in the market and taverns and what not.

Anonymous

I think you guys should like make T-shirts or something. ( OKAY Now DON"T FLAME ME!)

Anonymous

I agrees! I know if this is goings on in Adela, Talona will have to be involved, for that is her homeland and she is a red knight of Adela, a patriot so to speak... But I think she'd see some kind of corruption or something, and investigate it, which would draw her into social circles at these things, and off we go another adventure! ^^;

Sorry, just rambling... I'm getting bored of rolling around heaven all day, you know? Let's get some direction going here... My Zombies thread is almost ready to go, I'm just finishing out the details of it, but yyyyes! Structure is a good thing sometimes!

Anonymous

Hehe I'd like to see Rhi finally make her post so we can get that rp we talked about started  :lol:  also the gangs idea sounds cool...that could provide alot more possible jobs for bounty hunters like my character ^^. Oh also it would be cool to have a character wether it be an NPC or some one's character stumble across the rotting and moss covered ruins of a major city , like New York or something for example. That could be cool.

Anonymous

I think the organized crime idea sounds great, and I'd be willing to be a part of it. My character in Arca is somewhat of an organizer at heart, but also roguish, so she might find someone else and put a group together.

Let's see... black market arms from Connolath might be an interesting hook. They seem to have the most advanced technology given the suppression of magic, and a smuggling route could be set up between it and Serendipity.

*Mokina explodes in a cloud of ideas*

Send me a PM or jump into the open RP if you're interested.

Anonymous

ive been wondering if we could start up a wolf pack on sote exspeaily in connlaoth since the animals their seem to have a uncanny nack for developing human chartersitics. it would be interesting to have clan wars over territory,feeding rights, or even the right to help the people of connloath; are all the animals in surport of helping them, are their some that would rather get rid of us  ushering in a new  reign of magic and once again become some mages familar! it would at least make a interesting subplot ^-^

Anonymous

I'm willing to set up a really fanatic religious group that's just amazingly and exceedingly humanitarian under a Goddess that no one really knows about because the fanatics aren't trying to convert people, just help them, which gets them into all sorts of bad positions, but they don't mind because it's the will of their goddess.... They might even find moral reasons to help magic users in connloath and get into trouble. They would die pretty easily, but possibly be reborn by their goddess with some of their memories, but usually not all of them, because memories are hard to transport....

Also, it might be neat to take a few story lines that have been set up and have those involved edit it into more of a story? Like tales that people pass from one village to another, ones that become part of the culture? And then post them on the site somewhere.

Anonymous

I have a suggestion for something I'd like to see.    Not sure if it'll be a popular idea or not though.

I like to see a huge excavation site formed.
South of La'marri and northwest of Mokari Desert, deep in the jungle, a strange underground object or building is found on accident, and its huge.   It would be great for bringing together all the treasure hunter, researcher and just curious wander types characters.  The place could be figured out a bit at a time, and be something from a past earth cycle.

This is just a quick simple suggestion, but I could write it out better if the idea is approved or whatever.

Anonymous

I want an SotE tee-shirt or tote bag or something. ^^

Anonymous

Ooo SotE merchandise hehehe!
That would be interesting o.o