Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Sleeping Beauty's Rude Awakening

Started by DragonSong, June 16, 2016, 12:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

"Yeah.. well, either way it's stupid," he muttered.  "How much longer before we can get out of this place?"
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

"I d-don't know." Ilona was struggling to put one foot in front of the other by now. She was cold, so tired... Thankfully her infected magic hadn't lashed out again yet, but she knew that was only a matter of time too.

"I don't...know..." she repeated blearily. Her vision was starting to shift, blurring at the edges. Was that...light ahead? A house maybe? A village?

Or was she imagining it?

visualspice

Ehvren blinked and happened to catch what she saw.  His lips parted and.. did he smile?

"Yeah! A town! It must be a town!"

A town was good.. right?
However, turning to face his companion...
He frowned. 
"Hey, princess... you..don't look so good.  Your lips are kinda sky colored."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

"I'm...c-cold," Ilona tried to explain, though she was now shivering so badly that just speaking put her at risk of severely biting her own tongue. "M-m-most people...d-don't handle c-c-c-cold well...for very l-long..."

She nodded shakily toward the lights in the distance and managed to force out, "T-town...should have...sh-sh-shelter..."

visualspice

Ehvren made a face.
"Why any people would choose to be here.." he grumbled as they moved towards the little town. The snow was so thick and heavy the nearer they got, some drifts were up to his chest! But he continued to push through, taking on the lead, for he didn't have patience to allow the princess to help.

DragonSong

They had nearly made it. Ilona's vision was going hazy, but she could start to make out the shapes of houses through the snow and the gloom.

And then it all caught up to her. The cold, the exhaustion, the grief. Her knees buckled and she went down in the snow, lashes fluttering against her cheeks as she desperately struggled to keep her eyes open.

visualspice

Had he not turned around to complain more to her he might not have realized she had fallen. Her form almost blended in, the snow was so thick and deep.

He grit his teeth and swore.
"Shit."

Trampling back through the thickening snow, he dropped down beside her form to give her a shake.

"Hey! Hey! Don't sleep on me now!"
But despite him wanting to believe she collapsed helplessly out of simple sleepiness,  a fear it was truthfully something much worse bubbled up through his belly and veins. He grimaced, his fear prickling and shooting him through of adrenaline.

"Come on.. you can't be..."

But what did he know of this world? Maybe this damn snow was harmful to her. He grit his teeth, and scooped her up suddenly into his arms, groaning and grunting as he plowed through the last trek of the tremendous snow banks and began to race towards the nearest building with light.

He flung the door open, eyes immediately going to the source of heat,  and dropped both himself and Ilona beside  low, crackling fire. He shivered and got as close to the flames until it hurt, then began to sit there,  thawing out.

But after a few moments, he frowned and noticed Ilona hadn't moved.

"Hey, come on," he pressed,  giving her a shake. 'We're by warmth! A fire!" But he frowned as she didn't move.. and was so very very cold.

He tried again to awaken her..

But nothing.

He began to panic, scooping her up and all but tossing her into the flames as he held her before the hearth..

"Come on.." he nearly whimpered now. 'Wake up. "

DragonSong

Cold. So cold. Darkness crashing over her. Staring out at the abyss as her kingdom fell away before her, endless nothing nothing nothing...

Slowly, the heat of the fire began to thaw Ilona's frozen extremities. She groaned weakly as the prickling sensation spread through her body.

Her brow furrowed, breath shallow and quick as she lay limp in his arms.

"Please..." She begged the nightmare that had claimed her, her voice the barest rasp of a whisper. "Please...no more..."

visualspice

It took some time for his own shivering to subside, and as they sat there,  warming by the fire,  the fire itself began to dwindle further, causing the prince to curse; panicked. Especially as Ilona began to stir.

He knew enough that fire needed fuel, typically wood,  timber and the likes. The first wooden thing he spotted was a nearby table, of which he promptly tore off one of the legs and tossed unceremoniously into the fire.

When the fire crackled with more heat and light,  he felt relieved. He moved to kneel beside Ilona's form, frowning as she trembled and murmured in her sleep. She looked.. awful....
Like death. He shivered involuntarily, eyes locked on her form as worry for her, and their fate, plagued him.

At some point he had drawn closer to her, resting her head upon his lap and beginning to doze off when a gruff voice exclaimed behind them.

"The fuck is this?"

Ehvren woke abruptly,  spotting a large, burly man towering nearby the door way, half covered in snow. He moved to stand.. which was his first mistake.  Ehvren's form was large and imposing in its own right, seemingly taller, or atleast equal, to the stranger who had just arrived, carrying in snow covered skins and wood.

The bearded man reached for his hunting bow, growling out as he aimed the thing at Ehvren. The prince either hadn't noticed or realized the danger fast enough, had continued moving towards the stranger when a sharp pain suddenly erruoted into his shoulder. Ehvren howled in pain and turned towards the protruding arrow, the pain such a surprise he didn't think twice before yanking the damn thing out as he exclaimed,  "You shot me!"

The man, clearly a veteran of the art, already had a fresh arrow loaded.
"Next one's in you'd head. Now stay the fuck right where you are."

Ehvren growled and gave a challenging step forward,  hand over his wound as he growled,  "Who the hell are you?"

"The owner of this fucking house. And you're trespassing. "

DragonSong

It was the cry of pain that truly roused her. Ilona had be creeping ever closer to consciousness the longer they sat by the fire, to the point where she was even blearily aware of Ehvren moving her head into his lap.

Then when he stood she found herself stirring, trying to force herself awake enough to ask what was wrong.

Then he cried out and she say up as fast as she could—clumsily—and desperately tried to focus the world around her into something that made sense.

Where...? They were in a house, by a hearth. When—how—?

No time. Ehvren was facing off against a stranger, who was armed. Ilona scrambled frantically to her feet, but she was still so weak that her knees buckled almost immediately. She grabbed desperately for Ehvren's good arm, throwing out her other hand toward the stranger in supplication.

"Wait—wait, please...we...don't mean any harm..."

visualspice

"Like hell we don't!" Ehvren growled.

"I said next one's in your head!" The man warned, the bow becoming more taught.

"You can't command me!"

"Then you'll forfeit her life!" The man barked, snapping the arrow at Ilona's head.

If Ehvren was pissed, now he was seeing red. His voice took on a monstrous growl, eyes flashing to red, as a presence seemed to ghost around his form.

"You will not harm her!" He roared, tearing across the room like a raging bull, just as the arrow loosed and
Snatch.
Ehvren had whirled about in mid stride and caught the arrow with his bare hands. For a moment, both men were stunned before Ehvren howled and tore after him, smashing into the off kilter table and throwing it clear at the other man's head.

DragonSong

"Wait, wait, stop, please--!"

Ilona's desperate plea cut off in a startled shriek as the arrow loosed and Ehvren suddenly...changed.

What...in...?

She didn't have time to process what she'd just seen before Ehvren was launching himself at the man again--and though a part of her vaguely recognized that it seemed to be some sort of protective impulse that had triggered when she'd been threatened, she certainly didn't want to see a man dead over it.

A man whose house they had apparently broken into.

"Ehvren, stop!"

Without thinking, she flung herself at his back, wrapping her arms around his middle and holding tight. She had to hope she was right, that this...whatever it was, had triggered when she was threatened. That it would mean he didn't want to harm her. "I'm alright," she whispered against his back. "It's alright. Please, calm down a moment..."

visualspice

The man went down beneath the force of the sudden table thrust upon him and crashed into the stack of belongings beside the door. He lost his bow in the chaos, groaning as he tried to figure out what just happened.  

Ehvren was livid. He was all ready to tear the man to pieces when Ilona's arms caught around him, catching him off guard as he stumbled to a scowling hault.

"He was about to kill you! I will not stop until he's torn to pieces,:" he roared, trying to pry her loose from his berserking form.

DragonSong

"Ehvren."

She ducked around in front of him, reaching up to take his face in her hands and force his eyes to meet hers.

"I'm alright," she repeated softly. "Look at me. See? I'm alright..."

Her eyes fluttered. The burst of adrenaline that had allowed her to get to her feet was rapidly fading, and her exhausted body was protesting. Loudly.

She slumped into Ehvren's chest, unable to keep herself upright any longer, slurring, "I'm...alright..."

visualspice

Her reaction to him, to calm him had him stunned, taken a back as he side eyed her but then was swearing as he was catching her deflating form.

"Like hell you're alright. " He bristled, trying to shuffle supporting her and focusing back on tearing towards the fallen man.

"I'm gonna make him pay!"

DragonSong

"Ehvren...please..."

She clung to him, both in an effort to support herself and to try to hold him back.

"It's...his house. He's just..." She tried to peer over at the man, though even that much movement made her eyes flutter treacherously. "Please, I'm sorry...we were out in the cold, we didn't know what else to do..."

visualspice

Ehvren was held back long enough the older man had scrambled free of the table.  He had gotten a hold of his hatchet and held it out threateningly. His forehead was bleeding and he bared his teeth.

"I don't care what your story is. This is my home!" He bellowed.

The man's anger sparked Ehvren's and he equally spat back in rage.
"Don't apologize! He's trying to hurt you!" Ehvren growled.  "But I don't need a weapon to rip your skin off you ape!"
  And Ilona would be able to feel the power radiating from his form, a near palpable fire.

DragonSong

"Stop...please...stop..."

It was happening again.

Maybe it was Ehvren's sudden surge power, triggering a response in her own magic. Or maybe she had just been lucky so far.

It didn't matter why. She could feel the curse welling in her, chaos threatening to erupt.

"We--I need to get out of here," she gasped, staggered back from Ehvren and toward the door. She had to get away, had to get far from other people...

visualspice

"What?" Ehvren barked. "Why would we leave now?"
It would show weakness. And weak he was not. 

DragonSong

"I can't...I can't...the curse..."

Unable to say anything else, Ilona staggered to the door, legs trembling as she tried to force herself back out again into the snow.