Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Here Comes the Bride

Started by visualspice, February 16, 2013, 04:33:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

OOC: Since this initial thread never took off, I rewrote it to fit as an intro for my latest character, Angel!
-------------

The bells were ringing across the town. Many were bustling around, many were so excited that two of the great Trading Lords were joining houses by the wedding of their two kids. House Lovett and house Dravish were to become fatefully unionized in a wedding (that had been a long time coming).  The skies were at their bluest, the flowers at their prettiest and Angel was in her most foulest as she hissed through gritted teeth as women fondled over her, fussing over her hair at great lengths (for great lengths her hair was not), and brushed it thoroughly, weaving flowers throughout her pink braids set amongst the cerulean blue that was her hair, and began powdering her nose and face and body with enormous puffs of powder and perfume that she began to cough and gag on it, desperate for air. 

She had had about enough of this wedding.  Once the dress was on, cinched and tied up in back, she was able to get the coddling old, hen-like women to leave her alone for a minute, and sighed with relief when she shut the door when the last old hen had left. Slumping against the closed door, she groaned.

"By the Gods.. look at me!" she exclaimed, catching sight of herself in the mirror. She approached it with caution. Her lips were painted a juicy pink, with finely trimmed eyebrows raising up into a sharp brow (she was so used to seeing them untweezed..), darkly painted lashes and blue eyeliner and shading, and her hair all shiny and tamed, her cheeks, pretty, rosy red, and her skin seemed a lot more paler and dull like from it's usual, golden tan.

"Ugh." she smacked her hand across the vanity, the brush and a few loose ribbons and flowers fell to the ground. "I look so stupid." And and as she moved to yank some flowers from her hair, she heard a knock on the door. Shit! She should have locked it.

"Angel, can I come in?" Angel froze. "It's your mother."

Shit! Turning around, she didn't have a chance to rush to the door and lock it before her mother came on in. She paused in mid-stride, and her lips fell open, looking exasperated as Angel watched her mother place a hand to her heart and a few tears come to her eyes.

"Oh, Angel.. you look beautiful."

Angel grit her teeth.
"Come on, mom," she said, smacking her mother's reaching hand away. "And if you touch my arm, all of these silly flowers will fall out." And it was partly true, she ahd flowers just about everywhere, and hoped to god none of them had somehow made it inside her dress, for they were down the dress, woven into the dress, inside her hair, around her arms, and even spun through her earrings and necklaces. Pretty pink and white petals everywhere. She sighed when her mother came to more tears. Angel idly ithced at her arm that had flowers wrapped all around it over an ivory arm band plate designed for just such a silly thing.

"Mom, please.."

"Oh.. it's just that.." and her mother moved to wipe at a tear. "You look so.. so beautiful I just.." and she tried to sniffle it back. Angel was getting annoyed, and as her mother moved to hodl her hand, she yanked it away.

"Mom!"

"Oh, let me just hug you Angel. I know you're so prickly, but give me this one moment." And before Angel could protest, her mother's arms were around her, holding her tight. Angel cringed, remaining stiff beneath the embrace as she released a hot breath. This was so awkward. not only was she out of her element, in a dress,a frilly wedding dress of all things, but now her mother was hugging her. Angel was never one for hugs. And then she felt the tears on her shoulder.

"Mom! You're crying all over me!"

Backing away, her mother brushed at her still falling tears.
"Oh, I'm sorry Angel. It's just you look so... so..."

"Ridiculous?"

Her mother laughed.

"Hardly." And she moved forward and took her by the hands and brushed a loose strand of Angel's blue hair from her eyes. "I was going to say beautiful."

Angel rolled her eyes.
"Mom.. really." she gave an impatient stomp of her foot.

"It's just, your father and I have been waiting for this day for a long time. We're just so happy for you. And proud."

Angel rose a sharp brow and reared back from her mother.
"What? Happy that you're marrying me off to be rid of me? I hardly think this is fair.. and if I had my choice.." and she reached to yank at some flowers in her dress, which caused her mother to gasp, appalled.

Snatching onto her daughter's wrist, she frowned and looked up at her.

"Now, stop that now. You're not to act this way. You're a lady," she scolded.

Angel looked back at her mother bitterly.

"But I'm not. I'm just.. me."

Her mother's face fell.

"Why can't I just not get married, or wait another ten or twenty years then commit? I'm not ready for this mom. I don't want to."

"Oh, Angel.. sweet Angel.' ANd Mrs. Lovett moved forward, wrapping her arms tightly around her wtih a sigh. "I love you sweety, but you have to grow up. This is how the world works. As the.."

"..daughter of a merchant, yeah, yeah, yeah, I got it." she rolled her eyes and pulled away from her mother's embrace. "You've both said it to me TOO many times." She sighed, tucking back some of her hair.

her mother just looked at her, uncertain what else was to be said.

"Mom.."

"Yes, Angel?"

"Can I have a few minutes.. to be alone?"

The sound of hte bells came again, echoing through their silence. But her mother eventually nodded.
"Oh, alright." And she brushed at another tear. "You always were so stubborn." Then she paused at the door, giving Angel a look. "And be kind ot your husband. I do want grand children some day."

Angel rolled her eyes."Mother, really, Mathew already gave you grand children! YOu've got three of them already! Besides," she made a face. "I'm never going to have kids."

Mrs. Lovett smiled. "Oh, Angel." She shook her head. "Jus tbe happy, ok?" And with that, she kissed a hand to her finger tips and waved them Angel's way, then left.

FINALLY. Ugh, could her mother make this day any more awkward?
Returning to her vanity, she stood before it, looking down at all of the goopy make up, and frilly strings and flowers and the golden comb she hadn't pushed to the floor. Her fingers tapped over a crystal perfume bottle before the open window caught her attention through the mirror when she lifted her blue eyes. A cold wind drifted in through it. Blinking, she turned around and slowly approached it.

She was high up, several stories.. at least three to be exact, as she watched the world bustling below. It was then the slopping shingles on the roof caught her attention.... an the way they sort of funnelled into one another, like rocks in a stream. And she got a horrible, HORRIBLE idea.

Several curses and a jump into a pile of hay moments later, Angel had managed to scale down the side of the church, her long white dress trailing behind her and gettig caught awkwardly on the last row of shingles from the roof top she had just jumped from. So when she rose up to make a mad dahs to run away, she let out a sharp cry, her dress nad veil becoming tangled, and it snapped her back lik ea rubber band, and a rip was heard. She winced an turned around, seeing the damn thing was stuck on the iron posts jutting off the edge fo the roof, to keep the snow back in winter.

Frowning, she grabbed onto the long train of her dress, and the length of her veil and gave a tug, and a tug and tug, and eventually, they both were tearing free.
Now she had a much shorter dress, (which made her sigh with relief, for it'd be easier to run) and as she was torn free, white clothe and lace, along with the scatterings of broken flower petals took off intot he air, while Angel went int he opposite direction, clinging onto her skirts and making a mad dash down an alley way and rounded a sharp bend.

She had to get the HELL out of here! and fast! There was no way in HELL she was to get married today! But before she knew it, she had crashed into something with a sharp cry,... or was it someone? Her limbs went pinwheeling forward, entangling into the other man's as they both went down onto the ground, flower petals and frilly dress layers settling all around them.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

CastlesInTheSky

The sound of church bells rung daintily in the air as Connor meandered through town, an expression of nothing but mild boredom on his face. It was an average day for him; at least, it was soon to be as soon as he stole something. However, there were simply too many people around him in all the most inconvenient places to do so. A better thief, or perhaps a more desperate one, would probably have taken an attempt anyway.

As he went a bit farther down the road, he found himself with an opportunity to swipe a roll or two. As the shopkeeper of the small food cart glanced away, he grabbed himself a roll and made off. It wasn't long before he turned into an alley, only to be confronted by a small child that stared at him contemptuously.

"I saw you do that."

Half of Connor's mouth raised into an amused smile. The little boy's dirt streaked face remained contorted into an angry pout. His skinny arms were folded across his chest.

"Whatcha gonna do about it?"

The kid pointed to the roll in Connor's hand. "You give me that and I don't scream for the guards."

"I'm sure they'd listen to you, street kid. But I'll tell you what..."

The boy remained silent, at first scowling but then deciding to listen.

He pointed discreetly to a man in richly coloured clothing,  then broke off half of the roll and handed it to the boy.

"If you have fast fingers, he seems pretty rich and oblivious."

With that comment he walked out the alley with the boy's eyes following him, but there was no shout to the guards. He carried on along the alley, slipping out onto a street and back off again, through alleys and sidestreets, until he reached a church on the outskirts of the city. He wondered absently who the bells tolled for while munching on the roll he took. Suddenly he saw something out of the corner of his  eye, moving fast toward him. A flash of blue, white...pink?

"Oof!"

They collided with a thud that was partially cushioned by the dress she wore. He was knocked flat onto the ground, his teeth clacking together painfully. More than anything confused, he looked up at who had knocked him over. A girl with what appeared to be a disheveled wedding dress. He smirked.

"Cold feet, princess?"

visualspice

Angel sat up with a gasp. But then at his comment, she sneered at him and gave him a dirty look.
"You could say that, but I'd like to think I have fast feet!" and before he'd have a chance to stop her, she scrambled off of him and took off down the alleyway, only to round the bend with another 'oof' as she smashed into the guards. This time she didn't fall over, as the men were a lot more sturdier in their armor.
And the guards looked at her peculiarly.

"Say, you must be the bride from the wedding!" one of them said with a large smile.
"Yeah, should be a pretty day for the event. THough say.. what are you doing out here in the streets? Shouldn't you be inside the church? Your wedding is about to start."

Angel set her jaw, grinding her teeth as she tried to mull over some sort of answer, but it seemed, while her feet were quick, her retorts were not.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

CastlesInTheSky

At her reply he chuckled, watching her run off. The moment he was about to go off on his own way, he saw she'd run into some guards...literally. Clearly this girl was either unlucky on the verge of being cursed or hopelessly uncoordinated. He wasn't sure if he wanted to cringe or laugh at that fact. Though, he did want to help her; before he could think better of it, he ran up to her and the guards, painting a concerned expression upon his face. Now he had to think fast.

"Oh, there you guards are! It's a relief to see you. Some man just walked right into the wedding, drunk, and started causing a big commotion. She asked him to leave, and see what he did? Ripped her dress like this and ran off!"  A bit of the concern was genuine on his face; he hoped they'd fall for it. He hoped that because he happened to look presentable today and less like the nomadic thief he was that they'd listen to him. Fortunately, he'd not been caught around here so they didn't already know who he was. He poked Angel discreetly, hoping she'd get the message and go along with it.

visualspice

Angel was making the most peculiar of faces, none of them making it seem too convincing she knew what the hell this man was talking about, though when he poked her, she only then realized this stranger was trying to help. Still, her face twisted in confusion, and composing herself, she turned back to the guards.
"Yeah, what he said." And she pointed back directly to the church. "He's being a menace to all of the guests! Please see he is taken care of!" And as the guards exchanged glances, she pressed. "Please hurry. I'll stay here, with my , er, cousin, until this is sorted out."
The guards then nodded.
"A good idea miss. And sorry to hear the news. A terrible thing ot have happen on your wedding day."
And as they walked away, Angel held her breath until they were gone around the bend.
"Gods, that was a close one." Then whirling around,s he almost walked straight into Connor.
"Er-" she blushed, realizing her body froze just an inches apart of his. Geeze, was she really about to plow into this guy again?

"Hey, er, thanks for the helpa nd all... But could you step aside? I've got a wedding to run away from."

CastlesInTheSky

The relief hanging in the air after the guards left was tangible. It would have been a tight situation to have them stick around and ask questions. He was about to say something as she turned around and almost crashed into him again. He smirked, amused. So she was trying to run away and couldn't go five feet without crashing into someone...somehow, it didn't seem likely that she'd succeed. That and as he got to look at her for a moment realized that she was actually rather pretty. Those two facts together gave him a little idea.

As she tried to get around him, he stood where he was and said, "So, you probably tried to escape not ten minutes ago and have already ripped your dress, crashed into three men, and almost gotten caught. I have an idea for you; how about I help you get away from these people and you pay me back later?" He was talking fast and low as to not attract attention and save time. He had no idea as for what the favor would be, that idea would probably form later. The look in his eyes was that of an invitation, as if he were extending his hand and offering to bring her along on a trip. He was bored, he wanted excitement, he had come across something interesting. Why not?

visualspice

Angel's face fell.
"Wait, what?" She took a step back, face twisting in disbelief.
"Why would you want to help me? Besides, I just need to find some cart to hide away in from a merchant and I'm out of here." And she gave a fluff of her veil and tried to walk away, though paused  mid stride to consider...
"Say..." She peered over at him from over her shoulder. "How well do you know these streets?"
Maybe an alliance with this strange boy wouldn't be a bad idea after all. "And what sort of payment are we talkin'? It's not like I have a dime to my name unless I get married, so I think my actions are of little consequence to you." But then her eyes widened and she reached down, hiking up her tattered skirts and then proceeded to yank off her shoes.

Tossing the glittering ivory heels at him.
"There, as early payment. I can't walk in them anyways and you should get a couple gold easy for them. After all... that's real Adelan crystal on there."

CastlesInTheSky

Connor offered her an amused smile. "I know them well enough."
So she was going to accept his offer after all. He'd figured her too proud for accepting help; good that that wasn't so. This was going to be an interesting endeavour. When he was tossed the pair of shoes, he inspected them and appeared pleased. Not bad.

"Thanks. Now, I think we'd better get the hell out of here before they figure out what's going on."

It was a lucky break that they were already near the edge of the city. It would clearly be conspicuous as hell to pass through the main gates with a bride in a torn wedding dress with some mysterious man. Of all places, it had to be the well-fortified capital of a war-loving country. He took it as a challenge.

He motioned for her to follow. He slunk through the alleys with her behind, avoiding all the major areas in an attempt to keep hidden. Quickly he hugged the wall, sliding along it to fit in a particularly narrow gap between buildings, and the moment he emerged and turned to talk to her he bumped lightly into something. Turning, he realized it was a coffin.  As he emerged a bit more and saw a couple lying about in various stages of being constructed, he had an idea; a rather 'interesting' one, but it would work. With a slowly spreading sly smile, he turned to her.
"I wonder if one of these is comfortable enough for a runaway bride to stow away in." He leaned on the finished one he had bumped into, a spark in his eye.

visualspice

Angel kept close to Connor, eyes sliding along the outside walls of buildings and towards the shadows, hoping that nobody saw them as they fled. But as the pair shimmied through a tight knit alley way, she halted just behind him with a blink. She caught a sign of the wooden coffin, and the other coffin and coffin pieces and gasped.

"What!? You expect me to hide away in one of those? What if I get buried accidentally?" she said, giving a hard punch to the side of his arm, aiming to give him a bruise. "What are you crazy?" Though she chastised him, she was huffing heavily through a low, heated breath. She didn't want anyone to hear them, after all as she glared dagger at him. But what was with that look in his eye!?

CastlesInTheSky

"Hey!", he interjected quietly as he was punched in the arm, with a hushed snicker. The entire situation to him was as amusing as it was insane; a runaway bride creeping with him through the alleys and now discussing the prospect of her stowing away in a coffin. He glanced about quickly to ensure that nobody could see them. Fortunately, the path nearby had very fer passers-by. He assumed it was due to the fact that Adelans are a superstitious bunch.

"First off, you don't have much grounds to call me crazy; I wasn't the one who jumped out of a window to run away from my wedding." Well, he assumed she did at least. When she'd run off he spied pieces of white cloth on the roof spikes.

"Secondly, I'll be the one to push you out of here on..." He looked around and spied the cart, pointing to it. "That cart. All you'd have to do is sit pretty in there and I'd move you out of the gates. When we're far enough away, I'll just take the lid off and you'll be fine. Alright?" He looked directly into her eyes, as if trying to shoo away her reluctance.

visualspice

Angel just stared at him. And stared. And stared some more, before punching his arm again.
"You ARE crazy!" but then a smile drew wickedly across her lips. "But it just might work." And then staring at him, she added, "But don't think for a second I won't knock your teeth out if you try something funny, kid. Tch," she gave him a once over. He might look cute, and was probably older than her by a few years, but that look in his eyes. Yeah.. she could call him a kid if she wanted!

Yanking her shoes back from him, she approached the coffin and placed one foot inside, before turning back to him, taking in a deep breath that jutted out her chest, which bulged in high cleavage from the tightness of the laces on her dress.
"And I'm taking these back until you get me safely out of town," and with a sniff, she stepped the rest of the way inside the box and looked around at it, taking in a deep breath before her blue eyes went back over to him. She forced a smile his way, one that was a bit stubborn and bitter before she proceeded to slip her shoes back on and eventually, began to lay herself down inside the coffin.

Staring up at the ceiling, she let out a giggle.
"YOu know what? This is crazy. To think... I'd be lying in my coffin wearing my wedding dress." Then she paused and corrected her statement, "Well, a coffin, not MY coffin." She smiled again,  her heart fluttering with excitement, eyes sparkling at the thought, then drew in a breath, adjusted her shoulders, which fit slimly between the wood walls. It was still a tight fit, and she was anxious how she'd feel with a lid closed over her. but hey, at least she was escaping her crummy fate to get married. And now, she could make the open road her home.

Tapping the side of the coffin, she sat up and looked over at Connor. "Ok, I'm ready. Get the lid." And she moved to lay back down, drawing in another breath and peering up at the ceiling. Part of her worried he might be sme crazed kidnapper, but... hey, even a kidnapping sounded good to her right about now!

CastlesInTheSky

His smile mirrored hers, wickedly mischievous. She was seeing his point, good. The point that he found most amusing was the fact that she called him 'kid'; he was quite a bit older than her, even if he didn't look it. Or act it, for that matter. But he didn't mind, he liked the humour in it. The glimmer never left his eye.

Before she entered the coffin, he loaded it onto the wagon and pushed it in a place that he was sure was not visible from the street. It was such a kind as for one person to push, conveniently for him. As she took the heels and took a step into the coffin, he had a bit of trouble looking at her face. Gods, she was...well endowed. The dress didn't help. Not that he minded.

"Whatever suits you, Princess."

As he moved his eyes upward to meet hers, he gave her a small lopsided smile in return. While she put her shoes on, he looked around for the lid. He needed to poke a hole in it to make sure she would be able to breathe alright. Catching sight of it, he grabbed it and put it on the worktable that was out there for building coffins. He grabbed one of the tools and made a hole in it; small enough as to not be completely obvious but enough for the air. It wasn't beautiful but it would work. He made sure there weren't any splinters on it that would jab her before he carried it over to her. He chuckled at her remark.

"Lid's going on. Hole's there so it won't be so stuffy." He didn't want to say 'so you can breathe'; he didn't her to freak out. Carefully he lay the lid on. It was a tight fit. He looked around for something to keep the lid steady, as he clearly didn't want to nail it on. Spying a shovel, he set it on top. Not only did it hold the lid on, but it also hid the hole.

"Alright, now be very quiet."

Just in case, he pulled his hood up to hide his unmistakable red hair. Then he took the wagon and began to wheel her off. It was heavier than he'd expected, but fortunately the cheap coffin wasn't too unmanageable. From there, he wheeled it onto the street and out of the city. At the gate he spied one guard that was sleeping and another that was staring into the distance with boredom in every crease of his face. He wanted to snicker at them but kept his face impassive.

In a short while they arrived at the graveyard, where he brought the cart to a stop and took the shovel off, sticking it into the dirt nearby. Nobody was present, and he doubted anyone would arrive. He lifted the lid off, tossing it onto the ground. "Rise and shine, princess. We're here."

visualspice

Angel sat up with a start, relieved to be finally out of there. Having to keep quiet forced her to assume she needed to take quiet, shallow breaths, especially during the first lurching trek across the cobblestone streets of the city. She had become  a bit more at ease when she felt the wagon wheels on the dirt ground, moving farther from the city and hearing more calls of wild life as they went. Though as she looked around, now free of her death bed, she blinked.

"You took me to the grave yard?" she asked, quirking a brow at him. But even she was having a hard time not smiling at the irony of it. She shook her head. "Here, help me out of this bloody coffin and I'll get these shoes off for you."

CastlesInTheSky

Connor chuckled in reply. Truth is, he didn't want to make himself look more suspicious than he already did. If they found a coffin cart in the middle of the forest, that was conspicuous; if they found it in the graveyard, even empty, it was at least a slightly less strange sight. Hell, he just didn't want to think of where else to put it. It just happened to be convenient and a bit ironic.

He walked up to her, helping her out and waiting for her to remove the shoes. While she did that he took inventory of their situation. Her parents were rich by the looks of it; after all, her shoes alone were likely worth a fortune. That meant guards would soon be looking for them, and very carefully at that. It was time to get out of here as quickly as possible. But how to go off on the open road without being incredibly conspicuous? The biggest problem was the fact that she clearly looked like a bride. He clearly couldn't go back in the city and steal something, as it would take too long. He didn't have any women's clothing. He only had his own clothing.

His own clothing. Well gods damn.

The entire time he had been thinking, his brow had been furrowed as he stared at nothing in particular, one corner of his mouth tugged into a small frown. It was clear by the way he was looking off that it wasn't due to something she did or said. As he had his revelation, his face changed into a smile that was a bit more forced than before. This was going to be difficult to explain.

"So." He turned to her.

"Obviously in that, you look clearly like a runaway bride. Now, here's the plan; I don't have any women's clothing. Because of this, you'll have to borrow mine. But, don't freak out yet!" He held a hand out to signal quiet.

"I'm a shapeshifter. I can turn into a wolf at will and back again. So no naked me, I promise and I just washed these clothes...you can freak out now."

He didn't find this as awkward as he should have; he was too busy trying to contain the fact that he found this hilarious. He would explain more later.

visualspice

Angel was about to make a comment, a quick cut about the idea of him losing his clothing, but she grit back her teeth, her face scrunching, keeping tight, but then that expression let loose when her mouth fell open at his last statement. She didn't know how to reply, or what to say, so she simply stared at him, gaping, before somethign else caught her eye upon the road. So she didn't have a chance to say yes or no to his plan because a group of very rugged look men were fast approaching.

"Oh.. my.... God," and she pressed herself closer to Connor, as if standing behind him would hide the fact her white dress was flashing out easily against the plain, muddy colors of the graveyard. "Don't look now, but I think we've got company, and I don't think your ability to change into a wolf, or your men's clothing will get us out of this.." She grit her teeth. "Shit." And clenched her hands into fists. What were they going to do? These men looked tough, and had a mean look upon them.

Backing up, her rear bumped into the cart, and it gave a soft groan as it shifted off of it's perch from a rock, and began to slip down the hill side slightly...

The hill side. Her eyes wnet to the cart, to the coffin, then back to Connor.
"Hey... call me crazy, but I dont' think we can out run those men. But this cart has wheels." She then nudged him, her blue eyes going towards the steep hill on the other side of the graveyard, the side they hadn't come from that opened up into a massive valley before meeting up with forests on the other side.

"How good are you at steering a wheeled wagon down a hill side? Cause I think that's our best bet, wolf boy. Come on," and she moved behind it and began to push. "On three..."

"YOU THERE!" one of the men called after them, his voice carrying roughly over hte gravesite. "How much gold coin you got on you, kids? Cause we're looking fo ra pretty penny, and I think we just found one." THe man gave a dark laugh, exposing his rows of rotted teeth as he and his band of ten men began to approach.

Angel turne dto loo kat them, they were just at the fence lining around the grave yard. She grit her teeth.

"Forget on three.. let's go now!" And with that, she pushed with all of her might and kept on running, hoping to Gods they could pull this off, and once the pair had it pushed to the crest of the hill, she leaped inside, long white skirts and veil fluttering behind her; and soon the wagon was rushing dwn the hillside, bumping and it's wheel's squealing over rocks and tree roots along the way...

And as the winds rushed wildly around them, she clung onto her veil and gave a bark of a laugh back at the men who all stumbled ot a halt just at the crest of the hill. All the bandits could do now was watch the pair fly down the hill side.

"Goodbye, boys!" she called aftre them with a laugh, only to turn around and gasp when she noticed they were headed straight for a grave stone.
"WOLF BOY! LOOK OUT!" and she clung to him, hoping he'd be able to steer the damn thing out of the way! "Steer us out of the way, fast!"

CastlesInTheSky

Connor was anticipating a snide remark when suddenly she hid behind him. He followed her advice as to not turn around quite yet. He was about to introduce a witty remark of his own when she swore and turned to look at the cart. His eyes flicked to hers at the same time, accompanied with a gut feeling that she had a crazy idea of her own. He was proved right in a moment. Following her gaze, he looked along the valley. It was definitely insane, but that didn't bother him a bit; after all, what part of this journey so far wasn't insane?

He furrowed his brow for a moment. 'Wolf boy'? Well, it was better than a few choice words he'd been called in the past. No matter. He helped her push the wagon, eyeing one of the thugs. He didn't think he knew any of them, and he was glad he didn't. He jumped as quickly as he could into the wagon when she said to, turning his head to smirk at the quickly disappearing men as they shot down the hill. Smart move by her to use the cart; not bad, not bad. At her shout he turned immediately to look at the path ahead of them, only to see a gravestone directly in the way. He acted wildly to change their direction, and just in time; the side of the cart scraped against the stone, and fortunately did not damage the wheels. He let out a long sign of relief. After that, he had a deathgrip on the cart from then on with an unflinching stare forward. If he hadn't been so intent on not crashing the cart, he'd probably be enjoying the fact that she was clinging to him.

The ride was bumpy to say the least as they flew down the hill, though he got better at steering. They shot into the valley, which thankfully had short enough grass as to not tangle in the wheels. Soon he turned to his companion to make a comment.

"So, how-"

Suddenly the cart's front wheels caught in a ditch nearly invisible in the grass, causing the back end to fly up and catapult them forward. Fortunately their full speed had been diminished by the lack of steep slope and the softer ground. Connor tumbled in the grass. When he finally stopped, he looked around for a moment, spying her nearby. He begun to laugh hard, crawling over to her spot and attempting to ask her a question through fits of laughter.

"I'm sorry...are...you okay?"

visualspice

Angel sat up suddenly, her a hair a complete mess, wiped across and completely covering her face, and the veil, set askew. But after she spat out the grass she had nearly eaten, she too, let a smirk tug at her lips as she began to laugh.

"Yea I guess so,"s he said, using the back of her hand to lift her hair away, then peered over towards the grave yard. "So.. how long do you think we've got until those men come after us? Cause I sure ain't waiting around to find out, come on." And she held onto her skirts and took a few careful bare foot steps away from the cart, making her way towards the forests, ditching the already torn veil behind as it caught to the wind and flew away towards the sky like a kite.

She didn't care her dress was now grass stained, or that her hands were scraped and her knees, bruised. There was a certain thrill to this, and the smile on her lips as she dashed across the grasses could not be erased.

They had just begun to make their way inside the forests when a small, bubbling stream caught her attention. Stepping her way around it, it was only a foot deep, so she dipped both of her feet in to cool them off from her run. Then, while standing in the shallow waters she peered over at Connor and began to work at fussing over her dress. "So what's your name anyways? Or should I just call you wolf-boy?" she asked with a smirk. She was already reaching back, working at the laces on the back of her dress and giving a few painful, grunted tugs, before she felt it come loose and she sighed easily, The dress now hung a bit lower down the front, but it still clung to her, but at least she could breath.

"I'm Angel, but the way,"s he said with a bit of a smug smirk. "Though if you keep wanting to call me a Princess, that would be fine, so long as you treat me that way." She teased. Now she moved to work at the flowers that were still left in her hair, unpinning them and letting them flutter down around her like snow as she moved to work on the next set. Gods.. there was a lot of them in her hair- she had to wonder HOW they had even managed to remain so intact.

CastlesInTheSky

Connor was a mess as well; his shaggy copper hair was wild, his face smeared with dirt. He used a hand to push the hair away from his eyes. In a moment he realized that he'd let go of the shoes. Fortunately they were only a little ways away, and he picked them up. Still in good condition but a tad dirty. Soon, they were dashing off. The grin that was spread across his face didn't leave as they dashed off through the valley. It had been a while since he had began an adventure quite as exciting. It was a very welcome break from the usual routine.

When they reached the stream he sat down on a flat rock to catch his breath. He noticed that she glanced at him and looked up to meet her gaze. Ah, they hadn't even been introduced. He smirked back with a playful air about him. "Connor, pleased to make your acquaintance. And you, m'lady?" He mock bowed.

It took a moment for him to reply as she unlaced herself a bit. He replied, "Will do. Now. Do you want my clothes now?" He glanced toward the valley. He couldn't see anyone chasing them, but they could have gone some other way.

visualspice

Angel blinked at him and at his question.
"So like... tell me about this dog-shifting thing," she began, not quite sure she understood what in entailed as she took a seat on another flat rock across from his on the other side of the small stream and looked him squarely in the eyes while leaning forward. "How do I know if you turn into some wild animal you won't just eat me or something?" ANd she raised a brow at him, letting him know he'd better have a good enough reason to have her trust him. Then again.. after all they had ALREADY been through, it was funny she was questioning their trust now.

CastlesInTheSky

Connor leaned forward on his rock, returning her look with a completely serious expression. "I love eating girls that have fallen down at least four times in the past hour. Really tenderizes the meat." He broke into a smirk, snickering. "No. I have the same mind as I do now, I just become a wolf. And why would I want to eat you? I've been spending my time saving you, after all."

He looked at her expectantly.

Tags: