Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Like Fire, Hellfire! [M] [Open]

Started by Hugomatio, February 09, 2017, 06:06:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hugomatio

Shadows flittered through the windows of the small house as the sun began to set. The sound of scuffling filled the little building as it's tenant made their way to bed. He was middle aged, several years of hard labor had made his muscles strong, but they ached as well. Slowly he moved the blankets and slid into the bed, laying his candle on the bedside table. Gently he blew out the light and then nestled down for sleep.

Suddenly, there was a creaking noise from downstairs. The man sat up and looked to the doorway, just as a tall shadowy figured appeared in the frame. "Who... Who are ye?" the man queried as he looked the figure over. "I am the fire that cleanses souls," the figure said in a deep voice as he stepped a little further into the room. The man managed to peer behind him to see a flicker of flames on the floor below. "What have you done?!," he exclaimed as he jumped out of bed. "I have brought your reckoning. Only through my fire can your soul be purged of the taint it bears. You filthy mage!" the figure declared as he swung his hand through the air.

From the end of his hand bright red flames issued forth swirling in the air and licking at the end of the bed. A spark caught, and then another before the bed began to crackle with fire. The man looked hurriedly o the window and made a run for it. Jumping through it and onto the slanted roof next door. The Deacon rushed to the window to look after him. "I hate it when they run," he said simply as he stepped back and took a running start at the window before jumping after the man.

The man ran quickly along the rooftops for several houses before he finally made his way into the streets. They were empty except for the stray bum or beggar huddling in a doorway as the light faded. The man in church robes caught up quickly and followed closely as his prey ran down a side street. With a motion of his hand, bright red flames erupted from the ground before the fleeing man. Turning quickly the chased man raced into an alleyway only to find that it had no exit. "There is no escape from my justice. Submit to the flames and you will be welcomed home," the Deacon said as he progressed on the man. "Surely as a man of the church you wouldn't kill me..." the man begged. "You have no life on this earth, you are tainted and must be cleansed!" the deacon shouted as he brought his hand down in a chop causing fire to erupt from it in a line headed straight towards the man. In an instant, the man was consumed by flames as his screams echoed around the walls. "There shall be no rest for the wicked," Ignatius said simply as he pulled the hood back over his head from where it had fallen in the chase.

Wycliff

The shadows in the alleyway slowly retook their domain from the light of Ignatius' flames. Suddenly, the shadows darkened unnaturally, and from further down the narrow space, a young man's voice echoed hauntingly. "No rest, indeed..." The sound ricocheted oddly around Ignatius, focusing in on him. "Quite ironic for a messenger of heaven to wield that which the gods deem unforgivable, is it not?" The shadows twisted and rose from the ground, giving form to the voice as it spoke: a young man with short, combed up silver hair, and matching eyes, donning a short robe as black as the darkness he rose from. "Perhaps your kind is better judged by the other side, hm?"

Hugomatio

"Our god from time to time bestows gifts on the worthy," the Deacon said as he slowly turned to face the shadowy creature, "Only through my cleansing flames can one be rid of the affliction that taints their soul." Slowly he walked forward a bit, his robes swaying slightly as he pulled the hood off of his head. Raising a hand closer to his face a small orb of fire appeared in his palm. Emerald eyes sparkled in the light of the dancing flame before he twisted his hand causing the orb to fly from his hand. In a flash, it traced a circle of fire around the shadow, leaving behind several orbs of flickering brilliance at about shoulder level two feet away from the figure. "Only I may judge the wicked."

Wycliff

"Sounds like petty justification to me, a poorly concocted escape from reality." The flickering light dances around Aven as he quickly descends into the ground, pooling into a shadow which zips up the wall, attempting to create distance between it and the flames. Meanwhile, two solid, pitch black tendrils emerge from the darkened shadow, moving with it along the wall toward Ignatius at high speed. "Only the sinless may judge the sinners, a status you will never hold."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheshia

Tulva was walking around the town recently. Looking for some food or something like a dog or even a piece of fruit to eat. It wasn't normal for her but she had no other options. It was when she was stalking a stray dog she sees the fire out of the corner of her eye. Rounding a corner she sees two people standing off. One with fire in front of him and the other seemingly of shadows. Her hackles raised and her fur fluffed out a bit. Staying low she crawls closer to see what was happening, This might be interesting. The young Pluizig thinks to herself.

Hugomatio

With a swift upward flourish of his hand, flames erupted from the ground creating a wall between the deacon and the tendrils as he rolled, slightly awkwardly, to the side. "Then I take it you are some sort of saint? Cursed with an even worse plight than mine?" Ignatius smirked as he rose to his feet and brought his fists up into a boxer's guard. Fire flickered around them as his hands danced like torches.

Wycliff

The tendrils struck out at Ignatius from the wall, attempting to ensnare him in their grasp, while Aven's shadow continued forward to circle around. "A saint? No," A chuckle echoed from the darkness around Ignatius. "But cursed; that may be a suitable word for my condition."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk