Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Mordecai's death (OPEN)

Started by Korvix, January 11, 2017, 02:02:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wycliff

Aven followed Disgaua to the sound, spotting the carnage. Disgaua issued a threat, which prompted Aven give closer inspection to the scene: a beheading of a man with a sun mask, a laceration down on the  shoulder and up through the neck. Must have been a surprise attack. Judging by the mask, the beheaded one was on an unsightly errand; by Aven's guess, likely some sort of assassination. Furthermore, why would an attacker give quarter to one of their targets? Aven does a double take at the man with the sword. He couldn't be... Aven stretches out his hand, and the shadow of the wall blossomed outward to double it's normal size, enveloping all of them. "It looks to be self defense, Disgaua, but just in case..." The shadows contorted under them, then flowed insanely fast behind Nomax, erecting a pitch black wall fifteen feet above the ground, completely sealing off any escape Nomax could attempt in that direction. "I have a few questions for you now, Good sir."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kowareta

Chiuki watches as Avenue and Disgaua entered the building. She steps out of the hiding spot and silently steps beside Normax, giving him a friendly nod. "You may ask us questions but first what are your names?" She asks, deciding that it was not wise to fight the two, especially if they could provide to be allies in the future.

Korvix

Nomax was not able to keep as calm as Chiuki was. What was this magic that couldn't be stopped by a mordecai? Nomax felt that he could still not use magic, so the Captain was almost certainly a mordecai. The man beside him was the same man that appeared when he spoke to him earlier, but now they are working together? Maybe a mordecai could turn off their abillities? As he looked into the eyes of the mage, he got a very vague sense of familliarity, or even fear. It may not be very wise to upset him.

He decided not to speak for now.

Marakai Trin

Disgaua glanced at Aven with an odd look, a cross between disapproval and appreciation. He didn't know how to feel about what was going on.

This night was just so....off.

He stepped toward the man with the sun mask, put a hand to his shoulder, and jerked him away before shoving him toward a wall.

"And you. Sit. Got plenty of questions for you, too."

Wycliff

Aven notices Disgaua's look, and lets out a good natured laugh, despite himself and the situation. "I see you've found the crux of moral ambiguity, Disgaua. I'd like to assure you it gets easier with time, but lying is not a favorite pastime of mine." He points a finger at the masked man, and five shadows emerge from the darkness of the brick, looping around his neck and limbs and merging back into the wall,  binding him forcefully to the shadows in a comical position. Aven turns his attention to Chiuki and Nomax. "I apologize, it is quite rude of me to leave myself anonymous. You may call me Aven." He gives them a polite and formal bow, assuming them equals, then straightens. "Are you two are?"
[[OOC: The masked man will find it near impossible to break free of the shadows by physical force or blades.]]

Kowareta

Chiuki smiles and waves shyly, "names Chiuki or Chi and this is Nomax" she looks at Dusgaua with the same kind smile. "We will answer any questions that you would want to be answered" and with that Chiuki sits down and rests her chin her the palm of her hand.

Korvix

Nomax didn't have the same charisma or even willingness to cooperate as Chiuki, and instead spoke out with hostillity.

"What is this magic? What are you?"

[OOC: The masked man was the one who got beheaded]

Marakai Trin

The Mordecai captain found himself glancing back and forth between Nomax and Chiuki. He wondered the same thing the dark-garbed man was wondering:

What magic did Aven wield, that could ignore a Mordecai's aura?

He resigned himself to stand near the unnamed man whom Aven had bound, waiting to perhaps hear the mages explanation.

[OOC: Apologies, I thought both of them had the masks.]

Wycliff

Aven's brow furrowed, glancing from Nomax to Disgaua. I can't play my hand this early, but if I'm going to keep even a tentative trust from Disgaua, I can't lie. The Mage crossed his arms. "Quite presumptuous of you to ask I divulge my secrets, especially from the position you're in; however, out of respect for Disgaua, I will oblige." The black particles around him coalesced into an impossibly dark, shapeless mass. "This is a substance I discovered, which I have called 'dark matter', that exists all around us in trace amounts. Through experimentation with this dark matter, I found that it changed both normal matter and magic energy at a fundamental level when combined with them, a process learned to replicate by my own means."
The mass of dark matter flowed into the shadow below them, giving rise to several tendrils on shadow that waved in rhythm around Aven. Though to do so, I gave up my humanity... He expelled the thought back to his subconscious, there was no use is brooding over such things now. "The reason why the Mordecai field has no effect is simple: by a standard definition, what I am doing is not magic." Aven's silver eyes flashed, staring staring intently at Nomax, a deadly seriousness contained within the black speckled depths. "Now, I would ask the same of you: exactly what magic do you use, Nomax?"

Kowareta

Chiuki looks at Aven then Nomax, arching her eyes brow in questioning before moving closer to Nomax. "If you don't want to tell them we can just fight or run" she whispers in Nomax's ear and smiles reassuringly.

Korvix

Nomax was a bit worried that Aven would hear her, but her calm demeanor did calm him down a bit. Now about the question he just asked. Nomax knew that magic was illegal, but they didn't neccesarily know he was a mage.

"I don't use any magic, actually." He said while trying to look as non threatening and unimportant as possible. If magic users are executed he didn't even want to know what happened to fucking skeletons.

Marakai Trin

Disgaua raised a brow, trained ears catching the familiar ring of a lie in Nomax's words. His eyes narrowed.

"If you aren't in possession of some kind of power, and you've nothing to hide, then why do you hide your face? What do you have to hide from the rest of us?"

Wycliff

Aven sighed. "Listen: there is a man in front of you, obviously slain by your sword. You are being hunted for some reason Disgaua and I are unsure of, and it is undoubtedly in your best interest to give us the truth in this matter." He rested one hand of the wall beside him, leaning on it while raising his hand in a half shrug. "Regardless of your attire, you were far too shocked about my use of what you believed to be magic to be ignorant to the art of its practice. Were you a simple man with a sword, you would have simply assumed me a demon or something similar; yet you've somehow deducted that is not the case." Aven's hand dropped, the tendrils of shadow surrounding him settling down. "So, do tell."