Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Girl Behind Glass [M]

Started by visualspice, February 25, 2017, 08:38:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

She flinched at his touch, avoiding his gaze and trembling. Her eyes had teared up, and were already spilling down her cheeks.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Draconian

"I'm sorry, I forgot," he whispered. The horse had calmed some and Kairius looked to the beast for a moment. His thumb brushed a tear away. "Lady Kella, please ...  Are you hurt?" He looked at her, reaching for her arm to bring her up.

visualspice

But instincts had her flinching away, at any attentions- at all of them. And she never once looked at him. Though it didn't matter, her vision was too clouded in hot, fresh bubbling tears.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Draconian

"Please stop crying," he asked softly, "I dont know how to fix this if you dont tell me how I can help." Kairius kept his hands from her face, instead crouching down beside her and moving to fix the blanket

visualspice

She couldn't stop crying, but when she was able to calm down some, able to breath...
she shook her head and trembled.
"You.... It... Nothing can be fixed."

Draconian

Confused, Kairius shook his head and forcibly bundled her up back in the blanket. His hand smoothed up and down his back and he tried not to show the annoyance on his face at her blubbering. It was okay for her to be scared.

"Then we'll patch it up or reinforce it. We have to go, are you able to stand?"

visualspice

She frowned at his words, foolishly brushing away at tears before nodding, and stood numbly beside him.

Draconian

Kairius nodded at her.

"Good," He tucked the blanket around her more securely, and again, he was on his horse and she was pulled against his lap, making sure to adjust the blanket before he tucked her under his chin again. No skin to skin. For good measure, he fixed his collars to add more fabric between them. His skin still tingled and he'd ache from the fall tomorrow but... It was no use worrying about it now. "You can rest again, I'll wake you up when we make camp so you can have something warm to eat. I'll do my best not to touch your skin again."

visualspice

She grew quiet, and remained agreeable, even if numbly so. She was as much a prisoner here as anywhere else, but she could at least make the best of it. At least she wasn't in that traveling coffin, or on her death bed where he had found her.

As they traveled, her mind returned to their meeting and she realized, for the life of her (most likely due to stress) she could not recall his name.

"Your... family name.. and where we are going... Where did you say it was again?"
there was an itch of a memory- something that felt a little off as she was asking about it, but let it simply simmer beneath her skin.

Draconian

Kairius sighed and looked ahead.

"My name is Kairius," He said simply, not offering his last name and instead gave her arm a rub, "We are going to Folkvar." He sighed and the horse began to go again and he ignored the ache of his back, "Do you know where Folkvar is...?"

visualspice

She made a face, trying to put two and two together.
"Are you... The duke's son?" But wouldn't she have remembered that? She thought Folkvar had no direct male heirs.

Draconian

Kairius sighed and looked up at the sky before turning away.

At least with her fever the woman was a living heater, so there was that, which was nice.

"I'm his nephew by his sister," He supplied quietly, voice low. It wasn't that the people around him didn't know, they did obviously, but... It was always uncomfortable to talk about his mother, even in a very indirect way.

visualspice

So he was the Duke's nephew .,things were making sense now as she grew quiet.

Draconian

Kairius sighed.

"Lady Kella," His voice was soft and he smoothed a hand up and down her arm, "I'm not going to hurt you and you aren't going to be tried. My uncle has established immunities for you," He didn't know why but... His uncle had gone a long way and spent a lot of coin for this woman.

Why?

He sighed and shifted slightly so she was more comfortable against his chest. "Just rest, we'll be at camp in no time." The ride was simple, easy. Kairius's ass hurt from being thrown from the horse and there was a bit of a headache but nothing permanent and he was careful to not touch the girls skin again. It seemed to have hurt her too, for some reason so... That was odd.

Finally, the sun began to go down and they had finally reached the camp. A chorus of greetings from the soldiers left behind. A fire was popping joyfully in the middle of the camp and the smell of a stew that hopefully didn't taste like leather shoes permeated the air. Kairius gave Kella's arm a pat, frowning. "Lady Kella? Are you awake? We've come to the rest point," It was the first stop in a long journey but... A stop and some food.

He had brought nothing with him earlier except for a waterskin he hadn't even thought to offer her. "Are you thirsty? Hungry?"

visualspice

She awoke quietly, groggily and accepted the water when offered. As she looked around the army base, or so it appeared that's where they were, she found herself frowning and her stomach rumbling for food.

"I could do with something to eat," she admitted softly, eyes low to the ground.

Draconian

"Just a platoon," He said softly.

"You're an important woman and we had to be prepared for anything," Kairius hadn't seen her look but he could feel the hesitation in her body when she took a drink and he couldn't help the little smile on his face when her stomach grumbled. Of course he also felt bad.

Easily he slid off the horse before he reached up, took her blanketed waist in his hands and helped her down. Slowly, carefully, he rearranged the blanket so it was over her shoulders and acted as a hood of shorts before he put an arm around her shoulders and guided her to the fire. The soliders gave her a wide berth and once the fire was close enough to feel the warmth of, two bowls were pushed into his hands and he handed one to Kella. "There's plenty, so..." He shrugged, "Eat your fill?"

He really didn't need her to die on the way there. So. Be nice, be a gentleman. Be the courier of the Not Dead Kella Harmond.

visualspice

She ate and ate in silence. And though ravenous, she still clung to her pride and ate with dignity. All in all, she ate quite a lot for her and didn't hesitate when seconds were offered and finished that before growing quiet again and just waited to see what fate had in store for her now.

She took this time to study Kairius. He must be younger than her, or she should have known him. If they were similar in age, he would have been a possible match in her youth for a future husband. The hair gave away what side of Connlaoth he was from, but it still didn't answer much of what bothered her.

"So I'm to be used against my brother?" she found herself asking, after finding herself mostly alone with her captor.

Draconian

Kairius finished his meal, watching the girl eat her fill and then some. Whiskey for after dinner. God know he needed it. Well, he didn't, but he wanted it. After he noticed the girl was done her meal, he brought his canteen over and sat beside her. The rest of the soldiers moved along after the silent motion to give himself and his captive some space.

"I don't know," He said honestly, taking a sip and offering it to her, "Whiskey," he said simply before he pushed a hand through his hair. "All I've been told is to bring you home - my home - and then they'll figure out what to do with you. Either way, it's a warm bed and a warm meal. Better than being out in the wilderness or in a camp." At least, it seemed that easy to him.

visualspice

She didn't look at him. She didn't want to.
"I chose to be out here. I chose to leave my home." Her eyes were fierce, like two blue spheres of fire, staring holes into the wall across from whcih she stared.

Draconian

Kairius cleared his throat and took the canteen back.

Tucking that away, he looked off to the side and frowned slightly.

"Well, hasn't worked out so far, has it?" He added simply, looking around, "Kinda... Almost starved to death. And you're sick..." He shrugged, "This is the best chance you got," He went on to pout slightly, "I'm not that bad."