Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Wolf Amongst Sheep [OPEN]

Started by AevumEternity, March 12, 2017, 09:59:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AevumEternity

Hakon Kilandre breathes deeply, pulling slightly at the high collar closed about her throat- well, she had to try and look the part of a Serendipity visitor. Nonetheless, her body felt too exposed in this flowing garment, it was all too much like wearing loose fabric that was only clasped to her body with the occasional band about her wrist, waist, hips, shoulders and bust- wait... Thats exactly what it was. She sighed vaguely as she brushes her platinum locks behind her head- what Serendipity would want an Adhara at their celebrations? Apparently this one- besides, it might look good on Connlaoth if one of their representatives accepted their culture and so graciously attended.

She moves her arms once experimentally, the iridescent white fabric moving like fish scales beneath water... It was quite lovely, not that she would openly admit that to anyone- nonetheless, she readied herself and headed out.

Less then an hour later, she found herself in the midst of a massive hall- the architecture reminding her of a much older, much grander Connlaoth. The outfits, needless to say, made her want to squint her eyes, cringe and retreat into a corner to retch. So over the top were they, she felt like a servant amongst gods. This, alas, did not keep the Adhara free from a bombardment of attention and questions, after all- many of these nobles had never seen a Mordecai let alone an Adhara- she doubted many even knew how to hold a blade properly, so reliant were they upon their power.

God- Ansgar- she prayed to him for strength and smiled as pleasantly as she could, struggling to keep her patience... This was getting old rather quickly... So much for a relaxing evening at a foreign party.

At some point, she manages to escape the verbal assault and escape into a side hallway- retreating far from the golden-white light of the lavish feast hall, into a dark side hallway. It was empty, no torches were here but tiny glowing orbs of silvery light that bobbed patiently up and down the dark hall. It was only a matter of time until someone noticed the wisps going out as she passed them- the enchantments shuddering and dying, only to spark back to life as she passes... She wasn't meant for this high society crap- why couldn't they have simply sent her to the front again?

MonochroMayhem

Torien had spent most of his time in this place hiding himself from the rest of the crowd. While he enjoyed parties very much- they were an opportune time to pickpocket, after all- he also liked the chaos of it. Like all gatherings he attended, he basked in the adrenaline rush of staying hidden while the possibility of getting caught was high.

His outfit wasn't too lavish. While he didn't do too much in the department of trade, he certainly had a house nearby, and had done a good number of wood-carved pieces for the owners of the establishment. While they were keen on duping out as much money from his payment as humanly possible, he barely paid it any mind since he got the chance to enjoy these parties.

He decided to take a break from the hustle and bustle of the night and entered one of the nearby hallways. He had planned to go and see what sort of damage had been done to the bedposts in one of the rooms; he'd heard these people had a dog.

He noticed that a ways down the hall stood a woman in a silky sort of outfit, something that certainly didn't seem right on her. He grinned.

"Hey, are you hiding from the guests too?" he asked, trying to lighten the mood. The way her shoulders tended made her look stressed, even when she wasn't turned to face him. She was far away, at least eight or nine yards, and yet there was something very... off about her.

He brushed back his blonde hair. "You don't have to worry about me being too frustrating, I assure you. If I'm not mistaken, we are both fish out of water here."

From his glamoured appearance, he looked like any standard man from Serendipity. Nobody would have known that he was a fae unless they managed to catch him, which was a very rare occurrence.

He took some steps forward, feeling the eerie feeling intensify. Eventually, it got to the point where it was getting unbearable. But even so, he stood there, just wanting her to turn around.

The night was young, and she was the first interesting  person he'd come across.

((OOC: He's right outside your radius.))

AevumEternity

Shifting faintly, she pauses beneath a massive, arching window- the harsh moonlight from outside the estate casting a bright silver spotlight upon her. She took a moment to appreciate the lunar light before tilting her head toward the man who paused a ways away from her," Ah?" she smiles faintly at his comment, rucking a straight lock behind her ear instinctively," I admit- I have been somewhat overwhelmed by the attention..."

She pauses, he seemed human- or... Mostly so, she could never tell with Serendipity's populace, one could be either very tall or be part giraffe, one could be very smart or their mind could be tied to a library- one simply never knew," How are you-" she pauses as she considers her words," Uncomfortable here, if I may?"

MonochroMayhem

The young Fae stood there, sensing the eerie presence of her figure. She wasn't harmful, or at least not blatantly so, but there was something really not right with the air around the two of them.

He carefully removed the green cap that was affixed to his head. "Well, ma'am, I hate to be frank, but I'm simply not from around here. I don't belong with the gentry, and I can't work with the layman in his forge. Yes, I belong to noble kind but... nobody really knows folk like me exist."

He sighed. "It's not really a big concern. After all, a party is a party, and as an enthusiast of you folk I should be happy."

He tapped his fingers against the wood of a nearby hallway table. "See this? Carved it myself. I make decent money from these folk even if they back down on their offers, enough to keep my kind- my family- safe and happy. I live a ways out of town, a bit off the beaten path. Still, I'm not one to like neither froufrou nor simple garb."

He moved a few inches closer, and his face was hit with a searing pain. "Agh!" he yelled. "You... you have an anti-m-m-mag---"

His body burst into a cloud of gold glittery dust and his clothes fell to the floor. His glamour was released.

Torien's head peaked out from under the clothes. There was a dull ringing in his ears and a dizziness that came from the transformation. He looked up to the woman and ducked beneath the clothing, hoping she hadn't spotted him yet.

AevumEternity

Needless to say she was shocked at the sudden puff of glittering dust and the tiny creature that remained in the man's place. She stared at him in confusion for a few seconds before chuckling faintly,"... Would you like me to back away or..?" It had definitely not been the first time that night something like that had happened- but he was definitely... Small.

She stands awkwardly in place, watching the tiny lump in his shirt where evidently the sprite was crouched,"... Is this why you feel out of place?"

MonochroMayhem

Drat. The jig was up.

Torien carefully peeked out and stared at her. "You could say so. Though, I highly doubt the nobles here would know anything about this. They just see me as the guy who does woodwork."

He carefully gripped the shirt as he stepped back towards the boot. He fortunately had a change of clothes on him at all times in case of some emergency.

He paused for a moment outside the edge of the boot and turned around. "Surprising, I thought you'd be a little more shocked," he said, flicking his amber wings.

AevumEternity

" I would be if you weren't so adorable," she stated rather bluntly and candidly, she did not gloss over her thoughts when asked for them. Thus she hesitantly approached, kneeling by the heap of normal sized clothing as she looks down at him curiously," Are fae not welcome in Serendipity?"

Her voice was soft, as if afraid if she spoke louder he may shatter like a glass vase. Truly he was probably the cutest thing she ha ever seen. And mond you this woman was a battle-hardened, die-hard warrior of fearsome proportions and reputation... Alas. Here she was, crooning over a pixie.

MonochroMayhem

Torien ducked into the boot to get clothes, and as he came back, he blushed even more. He started to glow a gentle pink around the edges of his body, and in embarrassment tried to pretend he wasn't flustered to make it stop.

"A-adorable?" he asked. "I--" He paused as she moved closer, and began moving back slightly. Being spotted was one thing, but being picked up?

He shuddered and tried to regain his composure. "No, that's not quite it. I... well, my city-state is really small and enclosed in a thicket, so nobody really knows that we are there. Well, besides trappers, but that's why I'm a woodworker to begin with."

He sighed, pulling a small coat over his shoulders. "You can cancel my magic."

AevumEternity

Kneeling down, sitting upon er knees as she tucked the white skirt beneath her, she tilts her head with a small smile," I am an Adhara- Connlaothan, more specifically. My aura can negate all magic but of those of divine beings, so do not feel too bad." She smiles faintly as she places her hands her lap, tilting her head thoughtfully.

" Why would anyone hunt you, you are sentient, are you not?"

MonochroMayhem

Torien scratched at his head. "Sentient or not, the dust on me is a healing substance. And since the discovery of our adaptation to survive birds, well... my kind have literally been on the wrong end of the fork."

He carefully hovered at an appropriate eye level. "Luckily, my flight isn't based on magic, so I can still move about. But... hang on."

He flew twenty feet away and concentrated on the ground.

Nothing happened.

The glow around his body turned white, and he slowly glided back to the Connlaothian. His blood felt like icy water.

"Miss, I don't think you just negated it... I think my magic might be disabled..."

AevumEternity

She furrows her brow worriedly," Disabled it?" she echoes worriedly," No, my field should only negate your power when you are in range of me," she pushes herself to her feet again- standing somewhat awkwardly in place as if unsure whether to move to the pixie's aid or stay away to see if his power would manifest itself again.

MonochroMayhem

Torien flew up so that he was able to speak appropriately with her. "My magic is pretty weak. Perhaps I'm simply burned out?"

He fiddled with the belt around his tunic. Strung into the belt was a metal ring with a garnet fastened to the top. For him, it was a gift from another person, someone near and dear.

"I don't think I could go back out there, Miss. I haven't the foggiest of how they will react if they see me."

He only hoped he wasn't stuck this way for the rest of the night. Danger may have been his mistress, but getting captured was another beast altogether.