Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

COWABUNGA, DUDE! [open!]

Started by Rhindeer, October 01, 2017, 12:05:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

Yawning, Koi stretched out on her board and let her arms dangle over the sides and into the clear water.

It was a rather disappointing day, the sea calm though she'd managed to catch a few good waves--but now she was once again at that boring place in between decent waves, waiting for a good one to come in. But that was okay. The sun felt good on her tattooed back and the rocking of the waves was soothing. It would have been easy to doze off here and now, but she didn't want to wind up miles off shore--or mistaken for a seal by some hungry shark. It didn't happen often enough that she was worried about it, but it could happen!

Paddling lazily with her arms, she glanced up toward the sun, which was high in the sky. She should probably also head home to help with chores, but--oh!

Movement caught her eye and she saw it coming. It wasn't the perfect wave, but it was a decent swell, and with a grin, Koi paddled toward it. About time! With a quick thanks to the ocean spirit, Koi hopped up into a crouch, balancing on the carved wooden board and feeling the water beneath her, and it wasn't long before she was riding the wave.

Unfortunately, it just didn't last long.

Maneuvering skillfully, she attempted one of the new moves she'd been working on, ducking and attempting to go under the crest--and promptly ate it. Her timing was off, she was too close to the shore, and the wave crashed down onto her, knocking her off her board and sucking her under, throwing her into a barrel roll beneath the wave.

It always felt like forever, somersaulting through the water, and for a moment she didn't know up from down. But as soon as the pressure let up, her feet found the ground and she pushed to the surface and came up sputtering and spitting out salt water. Blech! So nasty--ack!

She managed to duck back under the water just in time to avoid getting smacked into my her board, which was a couple seconds behind her. Resurfacing, she made a grab for it, then sighed and waded for the shore.

Hopefully she hadn't had an audience. That had looked so much cooler in her head.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Terra

Terra sat there on the beach,laid down,sprawled out over the sand. She really couldn't take a break today. First,she got stuck in the middle of nowhere because a guy kicked her off a stagecoach,then she gets attacked by a random guy who wanted her gold,or the little she had on her,and finally,she almost got assaulted by some creepy pervert that wanted to help her some "relax." His intentions were supported with an obvious needle coated in a sickly green substance. He was murdered almost seconds later.

It was obvious that Terra was still angry,with a bunch of weapons in the ground,a little sand was on fire,and most of the sand around her was turned into glass. She was about to get up and leave when she saw another wave crash on the shore. Terra decided to head over to the water and probably swim for a little bit. It didn't matter if someone was there or if there was something wrong with the water. It did change however when she saw a woman spitting and sputtering water. "Are you okay there?" Terra said to the woman. Terra looked back at the water. She must have surfing on that wave. "Were you surfing on that wave. I never knew how to surf,but I need to know. Why were you surfing and how did you crash down on the shore?"

MapleSyrup

Euruda trudged through the sand, grumpy and distraught that she had found so little to eat. She glanced over at the surfer, as she set up for her trick. She watched as the surfer disappeared under the wave, and clenched her teeth waiting for her to come out the other side. As the wave toppled over her, Euruda's eyes widened- but before long the surfer resurfaced, and Euruda let out a pent up puff of air. She opened her mouth to call out to the surfer, but someone else had already, so she continued to trudge through the sand, going on her way.

Rhindeer

[ooc: Hey Terra! Be sure to read the information on Yoreiq. A stagecoach is highly unlikely. ;D]

With salt water stinging her watering eyes, and water clogging her ears, it was difficult for Koi to see much beyond the blurry sand at her feet, or hear anything beyond the waves. But she did hear the woman's voice, speaking in a foreign tongue, as she approached her, and she jolted in surprise and whipped around to look.

And then went pale. Even with her vision distorted, she could make out the red scales and twisted horns, and she let out a gasp and nearly dropped her board. Monster! was the first word that sprang to mind, and she was more than ready to lose the board and flee back to the village--but then, belatedly, she realized that she recognized the words spoken, and that it was what the Biglanders called Common.

She paused, frozen in place, and reminded herself to breathe and think. She was hardly fluent in Common, but she had been to the port a few times and picked up a thing or two. It sounded like the woman had seen her eat it and was asking after her safety, and...

Koi squinted. Was she...asking why she was surfing...? And how she had crashed?

Uhhh...

Did she not know how waves and accidents worked?

Koi dashed some water from her eyes and gave the scaly woman a strange look. "Er...accident?" she answered in heavily accented Common.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Terra

"I was asking why you were on the ground in the sand. I saw you surfing,but I don't really know how surfing works. I never come down to beach,except for today. Needed a place to let out my rage." Terra pointed towards the area where the beach was slightly,only slightly,on fire. "I had to walk all the way here since someone was being racist and knocked me off. I was on my way to Ketra in Adela when I was kicked off. Stopped here to try to get another stagecoach,but I think they don't have any." Terra turned towards Koi. "Do you mind helping me?"

Tags: