Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

You don't know, Jack [M]

Started by visualspice, June 11, 2022, 07:11:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Ooc: tags @DragonSong

-----

They needed to run.. and fast. Leaving the big cities behind should have been a piece of cake.. except Jack sometimes didn't know when to shut up.. or quit. One thing lead to another and a guard (which he told Fiona many times) clearly deserved it... fell beneath the winter magics of Jack.

Now he wasn't a man to just toss around magical powers,  but the man was running his mouth and pissing him off and well...
One thing lead to another.. and another band of guards that recognized Jack from previous unhappy encounters now teamed together, vowing to bring Jack (and due to circumstances,  his companion) into the capital in chains for the harshest punishment.

Clearly that wasn't going to fly with Jack. He wasn't exactly a man you could simply chain up. He was antsy. He didn't listen well. And he was well.. Jack.

One thing lead to another but Jack wouldn't be going back to any major city anytime soon. He ended up tossing too much Magic around that a portion of the city looked like an ice rink.. In the middle of summer!

So the pair had to move fast, and with what leverage they could use, procured a boat (okay.. they stole the boat, despite Jack saying they could 'return' it later). And thankfully the rivers were moving fast, being swollen with heavy rains from the previous weeks. Infact, it was raining that very day, soaking both he and Fiona to the bone. And the river was rough, Jack needing to pull out some more icy powers to navigate them through the night, which was a near impossible task in its own right. The boat hit and scraped a lot of rocks during its journey that part of the hull even cracked a little. Jack made due by patching it up with drift wood and ice, grouchily claiming it was 'good enough'..

Eventually the storm calmed but the rains never ceased, their down pour felt unending as the pair continued to travel down the river and into the night.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

Rain.

Again.

"When we get back in dry land," Fiona muttered sullenly where she huddled into her makeshift blanket—an old piece of tarp that had been covering the boat— "I vote we find someplace with a real goddamn roof."

The river pitched beneath them and her stomach threatened to follow. She closed her eyes against the sensation and held her breath, praying the nausea would pass quickly. The last thing she needed just now was seasickness.

visualspice

Jack snorted.
"It might be a while, " he sighed, rolling his shoulders as they reached a slightly calmer portion of the river. "They know we're traveling by boat. We'll have to avoid any cities for a while. So we're better off just seeing how far the river takes us. But hold that thought, " and he passed her the paddle."I gotta piss."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

Fiona fumbled the paddle a moment, but managed to get a grip on it and shifted to begin slicing through the water.

"I hope you know that I have no idea what I'm doing here," she grumbled in Jack's general direction. "If we capsize, you have only yourself to blame."

visualspice

"The river's calmer here. You'll be fine. " And he belched as he walked past her to the end of the boat where he then unbuttoned his fly and relieved himself into the river with a sigh.

"Probably should consider getting supplies in a few days," he went on,  still pissing. "Get some jerky and dried fruits. Probably some hunting supplies would be wise.  Can't say I'm the best at it, but I'm not the worst. You know how to fish at all?" He asked.. . Still... pissing...

DragonSong

Fiona meant to cast him a wry glance, but doing so nearly made her lose her rhythm with the paddle and she quickly gave it up in favor of paying attention to where they were going. "What part of growing up in the back of a glass shop makes you think I know anything about survival skills?"

She sighed, then offered, a little doubtfully, "I could...burn things? I mean, I can cook, but...well, dragons are hunters, right? Maybe I have...some sort of instinct?"

visualspice

Jack snorted as he fixed his pants.
"Instrincts don't exactly work that way," he informed, taking a moment to stretch as he stood upon the boat. It rocked some with his weight, leaning to favor the side that held most of his weight. And then he went on to crack his neck and gave a few good solid rolls of his shoulders and something popped as he sighed, satisfied.

Then he dropped down unceremoniously onto the second seat of the boat, which rocked beneath the force as he stretched out.

"I'm dog tired. You mind paddling for a bit?" He asked, leaning back so he was propped up a little, arms resting behind his head as he closed his eyes

DragonSong

"What does it look like I'm doing?" she grumbled, trying to ignore the way her arms were already starting to burn. Blowing glass was not exactly the kind of work that prepared her for sustained physical labor.

"So...where do we go from here?" she asked after a moment. "I mean--if you still mean to help me reach the Thunderblacks...what's the quickest way from here?"

visualspice

"That depends. Could head to sea but I doubt it would be worth any time saved. Best way is probably direct, but we'll have the Kilanthro mountains to contend with before the Thunderblacks. Probably river travel where we can. I mean it's not like we've got horses "  he went on, staring thoughtfully towards the sky.

DragonSong

"True," Fiona was starting to pant as she rowed. She really wasn't built for this, but she didn't think she should be getting tired this quickly. "But maybe that's good? From what I know of dragons, a pair of travelers might get through their territory unnoticed, but horses would draw too much attention."

She paused, frowning. "Now I think of it...I'm not entirely sure how we're supposed to track my—my father. My mother never even saw his dragon form, all I have to go on is...well, what I look like."

visualspice

Jack was nice and relaxed when the last part hit him. He sat up, Suddenly .

"What..woah, woah, woah.. you mean to tell me we're searching for a guy you not only don't know but you have no idea what he looks like as well?"
Was she crazy?

DragonSong

"Well I know what his human form looks like!" she protested quickly. "As for the dragon, well—I mean, gold is a pretty safe bet, isn't it? How many bright gold dragons can there be in the Thunderblacks anyway?"

visualspice

Jack thought about it for a moment.
"I guess when we make it that far south, we can find an expert on dragons. Can't say I know of any. I've never really been outside of Connlaoth. "

DragonSong

"And I'd hardly been outside the shop until about a month ago," Fiona sighed, scrubbing one hand down her face. "I suppose...finding a dragon expert is the best we've got."

visualspice

Jack made a face but what else could he do?
"You really were a Sheltered dame weren't ya?" He shook his head. "Well, we've got nothing but the open road agead of us-" he began but stopped. Frowning, before adding. "Well, more like open river than road..but you get the idea."  Jack sighed and stood up, moving around to stretch out his anxious muscles.
"At least we have a goal and a plan. He'll I've winged worse things than this .. maybe not as big of a problem.. bur you get the idea "

DragonSong

She snorted. "I'm sure you have." Tiredness was already dragging at her, and she rubbed her eyes again, trying to fight it back. "Where—how, I suppose, does one go about finding a dragon expert, anyhow?"

visualspice

Jack settled in a little more comfortably before closing his eyes.
"How the hell should I know? Best plan is to just ask around. Seems to be a good start. Now.." he went on with a sigh. "If you'll allow me a few moments rest, I'll take those oars back off of you."

He was tired, weary and the last thing he wanted to do was try to plan anything when he was this exhausted. He'll, they were starting off on the wrong foot already and this was a planned 'vacation '.

DragonSong

Fiona sighed—not at him, just at the situation—but nodded. She knew there was nothing else they could really do. Not until they arrived at their destination, at any rate.

She did shoot him a dry look and shrugged theatrically as she rowed. "I mean, like I'm going to just stop rowing? That seems counterintuitive."

Although...well, they were going downstream. Maybe they could just let the water do the work for a while.

visualspice

And Jack muttered those words of truth out loud.
"If you're too tired just let the river do the work." He sighed and nestled into the most comfortable position he could,  with his head resting against the back of the boat. "Just don't hit too many rocks it breaks the boat,okay?" He gave a yawn and stretch before he closed his eyes.
"Such a green horn," he said, half through a snore.

DragonSong

Fiona crinkled her nose at him and gave him a little nudge with the toe of her shoe, but otherwise let him rest. She pulled the oars halfway back into the boat and let herself lean back a little, allowing the river to carry them with only minor adjustments made by dipping one oar or the other into the water to keep them on course.