Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The House of Riverspeak

Started by visualspice, January 14, 2023, 12:43:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

He was struggling to stay lucid.

"What?" His voice came out as a croak. "My.. family? This.. is my Uncle's home.."

He didn't understand, but how could he? And the footfalls of his returning cousin could be heard down the hall.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

"Hush." Her eyes darted to the door, pointed ears actually twitching slightly as she picked up the sounds of footsteps. "I'm not here," she warned the man before practically leaping into the room's wardrobe.

Not exactly the most elegant hiding place, but she was rather limited on options.

visualspice

Quince wasn't sure what to make of it all. The woman bounded away- he wasn't even sure where in such a state. And then the door opened and his cousin returned.

"Ah, Quince, you should be laying back. But now that you're sitting up, you'll be able to drink the tea with less concern for spilling."

Quince accepted the tea, still feeling feint and his throat was scratchy and raw. The tea went down easily. 

Then he began to feel.. heavy. 

"Ah, that's a good cousin of mine. You drank.. much more than I expected," Terrence nearly purred. 

Quince placed a hand to his head, feeling the world pulling away from him.

"Don't worry dear cousin of mine.. let yourself sleep away.. your body needs it." He purred.

I need it- it seemed to imply.

And then Quince fell into darkness. 
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

Hiding in the wardrobe, Anoria could see very little through the crack in the door.

She saw enough. Enough to suspect that this Quince was just as much a prison in this house as her.

A drugged one, which would make him less useful in escaping. Oh joy.

She had to wait until the "cousin" left...

visualspice

It seemed this cousin was lingering, much as he had before. When she had peered through the key hole before entering the room...

And it looked as if he were drinking of the air over Quince's form.

DragonSong

This again.

Just what went on in this place?

Anoria kept herself bent to the keyhole, not even daring to breathe as she waited for this "cousin" to finish...whatever it was he was doing.

The man it had happened to before—he'd been alive. So it didn't kill them, whatever this was. But it clearly wasn't good, so...

Hoping against hope that she could pull this off, Anoria cracked the wardrobe door open just barely less than an inch, and flicked her fingers toward the bedroom door.

Silver sparks flew from her fingertips—just the barest trickle of magic, all that she could currently manage—and then there was a loud crashing sound down the hall, like one of the decorative suits of armor had toppled over.

visualspice

A woman's voice cried in alarm down the hall.  And this man was cursing.  He pulled away, crawling off of his cousin and wiping at his mouth with the back of his hand.

He rushed outside of the room, slamming the door closed and leaving Quince alone once more. 

DragonSong

She waited until she was sure he'd gone before slipping back out of her hiding place and darting over to the side of the bed.

"Psst. Hey. Mortal." She shook Quince's shoulder. "You alive?"

visualspice

The dark haired man didn't respond. His skin looked paler, almost more ashen then before.  And he was still sweat slicked from fever, the hairs on his chest plastered against his body and his mop of curly dark hair fell in untamed ringlets about his face. He needed a shave. He looked like a veritable wild man.

But atleast he was breathing.

DragonSong

"Wonderful," Anoria hissed, shaking him again. When that didn't get a response, she cursed and paced away from the bed.

Looking around as though her shadowy guide might suddenly reappear, she demanded in a harsh whisper, "Why did you bring me here? What am I meant to do with him? How is he useful?"

Surely she wasn't expected to just save the silly mortal...right?

visualspice

As it was before, the shadow did not reveal itself.  Atleast not obviously, but there was a strangeness in the shadows near the man...
Almost like .. were his fingers moving near the pillows or ..

Were the shadows moving by his head? From where ahead stood it wouldn't have been obvious but...were she to get close.. very close to where Quince lay...

She'd see the shadow moving within his hair- and it would seem almost like a comforting gesture as it moved like a breeze through his untamed locks of hair.

DragonSong

"...You have got to be kidding me."

Gritting her teeth, the fae woman drew closer until she could reach out and--keeping the man at arm's length--she cautiously patted the top of his head. "Err...there there?"

visualspice

And...

Nothing happened.

The shadow still mingled with his own before a noise down the hall had the shadow suddenly leaping out from the dark, Whirling up and around Anoria's arms to her shoulder where it zipped wildly about her face.

Someone was coming. 

DragonSong

"I--ack!"

She reeled backward, swatting at the air in front of her face, but that didn't seem to do anything. "What do you want me to do?!" she whisper-shouted at the shadow, though she knew by now she wasn't going to get a clear answer.

If she'd had her own magic, her proper magic, maybe she could have hidden them, somehow. As it was, she'd be lucky if she made it back to the wardrobe in time to avoid being spotted.