Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Carpathian Forest...

Started by Rhindeer, December 28, 2004, 12:05:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

[MOVED THREAD! Authors, in order of posts: God of Darkness (Atryxion), Blue the Traumatized, Small Wonder]

Atryxion
Cum Tenebris
Lux Veritatis
(10/27/04 6:51 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del All   Carpathian Forest
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Upon leaving the Serendipity Village area, Kabak found himself drawn to the Jungle for strange reasons. He looked around as he walked into the woods. Before he could venture any deeper, a tingle came to his nose to cause him to sniff.

"Hey, what's that smell?" Kabak continued to sniff as he walked forward, trying to follow it. "Do you smell that, smells very heavily of burnt wood, as if a fire is going on or was just in this regional area."

Kabak, now running through the Jungle following the smell of dead earth. "It's got to be near here, nothing this heavy can be farther than a mile or two. He continued to run for about three miles before seeing a burnt plant which took part in the outer ring of a massive area of crisped oak, pine, and spruce.

"Wow, would you look at that Aya......it's so......BIG!" Kabak announced as his eyes focused on the great size of the circle. "I think we should sit down for a minute to think about a few things because the way to the Church requires us to cross through this "Circle of Death."

Blue the Traumatized
Spork Master!!
(10/30/04 8:50 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del   +Watch the Shadows Move...+
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Aya had followed Kabak silently the entire way, head dipped, hat shielding her face from view. All of her acute senses were on high alert, her wary nature readily apparent.
She did not like to be taken by surprise.

The smell of burnt earth reached her nose before it did Kabak's, so she did not answer when he spoke. She simply followed after him, small nose wrinkling lightly as the smell grew stronger.
And then, the huge circle of burnt earth appeared before them.

Circle of Death? Well, the area was a bit unnerving. Her green eye flashed momentarily, scanning the area.
"We should go around it."
It was the first substantial thing she had said during the entire trip, her voice just as quiet as ever.

Atryxion
Cum Tenebris
Lux Veritatis
(10/31/04 9:02 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del   Re: +Watch the Shadows Move...+

You'd better run!
Run run run run run run run run
Run, Like Hell!

Kabak kept his focus dead on the massive circle of charred and ashed land. "Hold on." He began as he stuck a foot into it slowly putting it down. "Hmmm....". As he was about to put down his foot completely a small Imp popped up from the ash and began crawling quickly up his leg attempting to get to his head.

Evil seed, injected
Daemon freed, the calling
Demon Lord, master
Satan spawn, the Caco-Daemon

Kabak got the Imp off of him and wasted little time as to get running. He, however, stepped in the circle of ash and death which caused more and more Imps to chase after them. Soon hundreds upon hundreds of Imps were behind them all starving for blood.

Looking back, he noticed the Imps had caught up to him and he continued to run quickly.....

,,,,,,,,,,,,,Silence. Complete, absolute silence came upon the area. No rustling of the leaves, nothing. It was as if the sense of sound had completely left the world.

A few seconds later, it was as if a Lunar Eclipse began taking place. the light from the sun began to fade and in its place, shinning light that looked as if it came from the stars in space.

Kabak appereared with an uncountable number of Imps gathering all around him, ready to rip him to shreads but, it was if they had frozen where they stand. Inhaling fully, Kabak began picturing the Lunar Light gathering around his head. He exhaled slowly with an ieeeee sound attatched. Inhaling fully again, Kabak began picturing the light now gathering around his neck and upper chest. Exhaling slowly Kabak sounded out with an eeeeh sound attatched.

Kabak inhaled yet again and exhaled slowly while announcing an aaaaaaaah sound as he visualized the Light going into his heart and lungs and spreading through out his muscles and limbs, He then inhaled and exhaled slowly with an ooooooh sound attached as he imagined the light consuming his belly/stomach area. And finally he inhaled and exhaled slowly with an uuuuuuur sound attatched imagining the light consuming the genitelia/anal area.

He then did the same steps only going back up to the top of the head consuming his entire self in the Lunar Light that shined down from above...

Looking up Kabak saw that the light had taken the shape of a pentagram. Keeping his eyes on the sky, he walked in direct lines to the points of the pentagrams just as he saw them. At each of the points, Kabak stopped on each point then traced the pentagram with his eyes saying each of the Names: Samael, Lucifer, Satan, Azazel, and Leviathan.

Walking into the center of the pentagram, Kabak faced the two top points and spoke aloud but the words nor the sounds he made while enveloping himself in the light could be heard by Aya.

"Before me to my right, SAMAEL

Before me to my left, AZAZEL

Beside me on my left, LUCIFER

Beside me on my right, SATAN

Behind me, LEVIATHAN"

"About me flames the star of the BAPHOMET the ALL-Mother/Father!

Within me burns the Black Flame of vital fire" Kabak then put his together as if praying which caused the pentagram to grow brighter and brighter. "EXPEL!!!!!!!!!!" He yelled as loud as he could causing the pentagram to explode releasing all of it's built up energy. The entire circle became on massive 'mushroom' head of black flames causing a massive rupture with sound that returned the sounds of every action that took and will take place here. The flames devoured everything within the circle including Kabak. Having to concentrate entirely on the flames that consumed him and everything around him he dropped down to his knees from the amount of energy that had been expelled. "Lord Belial, beautifier, creator, and Master of the Earth, return this area back to it's original state of life before Death took it into it's fold...." He called out as he placed his head on the ground.

The flames reached high enough to the point that they crossed into space. After a few moments of immense pressure from the energy around him, the flames faded out as they began going into space to release the rest of the energy and the remains.

After the flames vanished the Lunar Eclipse hybrid started ending and allowing sunlight back in to feed the newly growing grass and small baby trees. "Thank you...........thank you....thank you....." Kabak whispered as he laid in the new life area.

He slowly got to his feet and walked over to where Aya stood. "To master darkness, you must train with the light as well......" He spoke those words softly as he came close to her. "How I wish I could change that......"

Edited by: Atryxion at: 11/1/04 6:18 pm

Blue the Traumatized
Spork Master!!
(11/2/04 7:21 pm)
 Run? As if.
Aya was surprised by the appearance of a hoard of imps, but was no coward. Nor did she doubt her own abilities. Chains shot from beneath her cloak, crushing the imps where they ran. Though there were hundreds upon hundreds of the little creatures, Aya had plenty of chains, and those chains could hit multiple targets with little effort.

Sharp teeth clenched, a wave of chains washed from her, smashing the horrid little creatures that came near to her, as well as trying to get a majority of those chasing Kabak.

What happened next was beyond her, and she could only watch on in wonder at the strange...well...whatever it was.

After it was all said and done, Aya watched Kabak approach. She took a few steps away from him as he came too close, her body language easily showing she did not want him near to her.
His comment did not go unnoticed either.
"Without light, there is no shadow." She stated softly, sick of his unfounded hatred for the 'light' side of things.
The sooner this was over, the better. Kabak unnerved her, and so did his powers.  

Atryxion
Cum Tenebris
Lux Veritatis
(11/3/04 8:00 pm)

The apparition of two faces in disgust
Invisible but yet so clear

Continuing on through the jungle, Kabak chose not to speak to Aya about the ritual that he had just performed, for he knew her thoughts on the darkness and figured that would just cause more problems than it would anything else.

"We are almost out of this forest so, do be ready face some very cold weather." Kabak said before taking a swig of water. "I do not know exactly where this church is, so, if we do get lost, please do not blame it entirely on me."

Kabak loved walking through the woods, it made him feel at home so to say. And now was no different. He felt as if he knew exactly where this church was and stayed on a straight path, moving around trees and other obstacles when necessary. "Aya, I know we are not on the best of terms right now but, do you think that maybe there is the possibly of us being.....neutral towards each other? Atleast for the time being?" He asked stepping over a fallen tree. "And if not, why?"

Blue the Traumatized
Spork Master!!
(11/4/04 7:39 pm)
 Aya was just as capable of keeping the silence as Kabak was. She obviously wasn't much of a talker. At least, not yet. She was still too wary to open up much to anyone, unless she was pissed at them.
As Kabak well knew.

At Kabak's first comment, Aya only nodded lightly, though he could not see it. She was still walking behind him. Though she soon moved to above him, winding her way through the branches of the trees. If Kabak felt at home, Aya was in paradise. In the trees or on the ground, the jungle was one place a kitsune had no trouble fitting in.

Small feet carried her quite gracefully over the slender branches, and she made sure to keep an eye on Kabak below as she followed.
Kabak's next comment was a bit more unexpected.

"I was not aware we weren't...neutral already." Was he calm response, no real emotion reflected in her soft voice.

Atryxion
Cum Tenebris
Lux Veritatis
(11/4/04 8:23 pm)

And out of the darkness the Zombie did, true pain and suffering he brought to them all. Away ran the children to hide in their beds, for fear the devil would chop off their heads

As nightfall came near Kabak picked up his speed and began running to get as far as he could before they would have to stop for the night. "I thought from the events that took place in my house, we were on negative type grounds." He spoke as he now ran full speed. "There's a clearing up ahead, we should stop there for the night. It would would also give us time to get some food into us."

Coming to a walk Kabak looked around as he entered the clearing. He wanted to make sure nothing would come to interupt their sleep this night. "Perfect." He exclaimed coming to a halt. "This should be quite nice for a camping spot. Nothing to interupt us tonight." Kabak knelt down and touched the dirt with his hands. Seeing that it wasn't wet or damp he stood back up and began looking around to see what kind of tools they could use.

"Aaaaaahhhhhh" Kabak let out a moan as he began stretching. "Oooooooh yeah." Kabak bent backwards stretching out his back. "So much better." Finally coming back up Kabak took a seat on the ground and waisted very little time laying back to relax.

Blue the Traumatized
Spork Master!!
(11/5/04 8:58 pm)
 Aya easily kept the pace, jumping from the tangled branches of one gnarly tree to the next. That was the wonderful thing about jungles, the treetops were always very close together, if not extremely high off the ground.
But Aya did not fear falling. Her chains would easily catch her before she hit the ground.

"No, I just don't think I like you much. That doesn't mean I won't be neutral." She responded bluntly, though just as calmly as ever.
Well, she wasn't exactly being hostile.

Easily leaping from the trees at the clearing, Aya landed softly and gracefully upon booted feet. She glanced around the clearing as well with acute senses, but could find no immediate danger. That did not mean some would not find them in the night.
As light failed, Aya's eyes adjusted easily, allowing her the simple vision of night creatures. At least now she would not be blind in the dark.

Aya blinked slowly at Kabak's noisy stretching, before moving off to find her own place to sleep. It would not be in this vulnerable clearing, that was for sure.
So, she found a sturdy tree, and let her chains do the rest. Within moments she was again encased in a cocoon of chains, suspended in the center of the tree's branches.

Small Wonder  
Gackt is God. XD
(11/6/04 12:59 am)
Reply | Edit | Del
   Meep?
 Ears pricking in surprise at the sudden sounds that seemed so loud in the quiet jungle, Imberjh's chocolate brown eyes snapped open next. Or...at least, his left eye did. His right eye, on the other hand, was shielded by a crude black eyepatch, so what went on under there, or whether or not an eye even existed any longer, was known only to him. Blinking groggily, he was otherwise still as his ears strained and rotated, listening intently. He heard voices...or, well, a voice. But if he was hearing correctly, it sounded like there were more than one creature.

One in particular sounded really noisy.

Moving slowly, quietly, he unfolded his arms and rose from his knees, his back legs straightening first before he rose off his front knees.

Yes, back legs. Whoever said he was human?

On the contrary, Imberjh only half resembled a human, from his head down to his waist, and where his waist ended, a sturdy brown ram's body began. But, sturdy or not, he wasn't quite an adult, and it couldn't really be said that he looked "powerful", not yet, not by his kind's standards, though by the standards of other creatures...that was another story. Overall, though, he looked around the area of maybe sixteen or seventeen; he still had a lot of growing to do.

He was the very picture of a centaur...save the obvious differences in body type. Adding to his overall look, two ram's horns grew from his head, the left horn spiraling majestically along the side of his head. The right one, on the other hand, was missing, only a stump remaining, poking out just a little from his mass of shoulder-length brown hair. And, rather than human ears, he possessed the pointed ears of his animal counterpart.

Short tail flicking with slight nervousness, he looked toward the sound curiously and slowly, silently, crept toward it, just to see what it was, even though he knew he probably shouldn't, and his cloven hooves were amazingly quiet as he picked his way over leaf and twig. Yeah...he probably should just up and leave. After all, who knew what it was? But youth gave him confidence, and he was confident of his skills when it came to treading lightly. And fleeing quickly.

He only stopped when, peering cautiously between the trees, his one eye caught sight of a man laying back in a small clearing. One man. But...he could have sworn he'd heard more. Blinking, he immediately took to gazing more thoroughly about him, turning his head to peer about. After all, he only had the use of one eye; that left him with a pretty big blind spot on his right side. Which could in times be pretty unnerving.

Still, it was odd. What would a human be doing here, out in the middle of nowhere? Didn't they stick to their villages? Well, odd or not, Imberjh couldn't help but feel curious...if it was that strange sense of curiosity mixed with tension. Humans could be horrid...he knew that. But...he'd also never seen one this close before. All he knew was what he'd heard, which wasn't much, and was so varied it was hard to really understand.

Atryxion
Cum Tenebris
Lux Veritatis
(11/7/04 5:38 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del   Youre so far away.....I need you to say...I love you
 After Aya got situated in her chains Kabak decided that he wanted a fire to keep him warm through the night. He walked slowly over to where the ram-boy approached. Not knowing this Kabak began taking down limbs and vines to supply as firewood. "Such a good bit of wood here, although I must be careful not to burn the jungle itself." He said to himself as he continued to gather.

Walking back to his spot with a massive handful of limbs Kabak set them down and begun digging out a small hole to put them in so the fire would not spread about. Lowering them down into the hole which came to five inches deep, Kabak took out a small bag of gun powder and sprinkled it on the pile. Taking out two knives, he struck them together to create sparks which lit the gun powder, which in turned lit the branches producing fire.

A smile came to his face as the fire began growing to a reasonable size for the hole. "So warm and nice." He spoke to himself as he put his hands over it to feel the heat more.

Blue the Traumatized
Spork Master!!
(11/7/04 5:51 pm)
 Aya groaned within her ball of chains, still able to hear every noise Kabak made. Why was he so noisy?? The fact her ears were many times more sensitive than his did not help the matter any.
She shifted within her bed of chains, jerking the hat down lower over her head as if to block out the noise of Kabak pulling away branches, and then making a fire.
Couldn't he just go to sleep?

However...the winds shifted suddenly. Though very light, a new scent easily filtered through the chains and straight to Aya.
Both eyes snapped open, and she sniffed carefully. That was a new smell...one she had never come across before.
Now on alert, the chains retreated silently, though how that was possible could only be explained by the unnatural.

Aya was soon darting through the tree tops towards the smell, petite body hard to spot in the darkness. As long as the moonlight and firelight did not illuminate her off-white cloak, she would be fine.
And then she saw it. Er...him. A....well....she wasn't sure what he was exactly. Some sort of taur it seemed...

Again her chains appeared, just as silent as before, and caught the branches around her. She was just above and off to the side of him, but much higher up and hidden.
But not for long.
Calmly, Aya lept from the tree and fell the heafty height, being as silent as possible. And that was very silent. Her chains caught her, and she was suddenly right next to the ram boy.
"What do you want here?" Aya hissed softly, feet touching the ground gently as the chains above controled her landing. They did not release the branches however, just incase she had to get out of there, fast.

Small Wonder  
Gackt is God. XD
(11/7/04 7:25 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
   GYAH!
 Imberjh watched the human go about his business, blinking. He was so loud...were all humans that noisy and strange, talking to themselves like that? Weird...

And then, quite to his horror and surprise, the human made his way straight toward him, and Imberjh stiffened and froze instantly. Kabak came too quickly toward him for him to flee without being noticed, so he'd just have to trust in that age-old trick.

Fortunately, it seemed to work. The human gave no sign that he'd seen him as he tore down limbs and vines...even though Imberjh gave a slight twitch at something the man said. Burn down the jungle? Er...that was...comforting to know.

Relief washed over him as, finally, the man made his way back to where he'd come and began doing something that involved pouring some strange sand onto the pile of debris. Hmm...that was a strange way of making a fire. He couldn't see why the sand was needed, but...there must be some reason behind it.

Before long, Imberjh began to lose interest with the creature, and might have otherwise moved onâ€"he had no desire to linger around a creature that, from the sounds of it, was accident prone...he didn't want to get burned any day soonâ€"but something else found him first.

Something dropped down from the trees right next to him.

With an uncontrolled gasp of surprise, Imberjh, quite instinctively, reared with a start and leaped to the side, and a powerful leap it was, easily taking him a good ten feet or so away from the creature. Wheeling around and stomping one front hoof nervously, every nerve on edge, he was still poised and ready to flee on a moment's notice. In fact, the only reason he didn't flee was because the creature spoke to him...as though he were the tresspasser!

"I...I...live here..." he answered quietly, ears back as he warily eyed all the chains with wide eyes, and even went so far as to take a few steps backward.

Atryxion
Cum Tenebris
Lux Veritatis
(11/7/04 7:47 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del   Re: GYAH!
 Giving all his attention to the fire and it's beauty and splender Kabak didn't even notice Aya had moved until he heard the ram-boy jump.

Looking over into his direction, he caught a glimpse of the ram-boy and got him confused with the Dark Prince Satan.

"Satan?" He spoke out getting up to walk over to the taur. "Is that really you?"

Getting a better look at him, Kabak noticed that the ram was young, possibly a shell. Looking over him more he noticed that he did not look rather different than from what he had read in books. "Oh my Dark Lord, I have awaited thy arrival!" Kabak announced as he got down on both knees and bowed for the ram.

Blue the Traumatized
Spork Master!!
(11/7/04 8:01 pm)
 Aya crouched lightly as the Ramtaur reared, but was lucky as he bounded away and not toward her. She was still wary, but it seemed he was more afraid of her than she was of him. She eased up a bit at his response. Ah, that was understandable.
Her chains released their hold and fell heavily to the earth with a clatter, and she appeared ready to speak when...

Satan? Oh for the love of...
Aya frowned and sighed. So rediculous...
"Kabak. He is not Satan, he is some sort of Taur. So get off your knees." Chains whipped across the ground, wrapped around his midsection gently, and pulled him up before setting him on his feet yet again.

Aya then slowly approached the Taur, removing her hat to allow her Kitsune ears to show. She was just as much a creature of the earth as this taur was, and she wanted to make sure he knew it and did not mistake her for human.
"I am sorry then, for intruding. We will be gone in the morning, if our presence is not minded until then." She spoke softly, as she usually did. Her somewhat timid nature always showed when she spoke, and so did her natural gentleness. She didn't like to attack people if it could be helped.

Small Wonder  
Gackt is God. XD
(11/9/04 2:33 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
   Dark Prince he is not.
 Imberjh, focused on Aya as he was, didn't notice the approach of the human he had been watching until he was right in front of him. "W-what?" he exclaimed as the man spoke, and then dropped to his knees to bow in front of him! Blinking rapidly in confusion, his mouth slightly agape, Imberjh took a few more steps backward and folded his arms across his chest in a clearly uncomfortable manner, body turned slightly sideways. What was he talking about? Clearly, the man had him confused with someone else...

Imberjh gave a sudden start as that confused, startled thought made way for another. Wait, if this human was mistaking him for someone else...that could only mean he'd seen another ramtaur! He couldn't think of any other race that could possibly resemble his own rare one!

Opening his mouth to speak as curiosity and hope momentarilly overwhelmed his natural shyness, he closed it quickly as Aya again spoke. She was the only one he was really worried about, now; she was the one who had spooked him and had all those chains, whereas the male had practically grovelled to him. But, worry or not, he no longer was afraid of her; after all, she was the male's companion from the looks of it, and clearly the male possessed a great respect for his kind.

However, soon enough, even that worry was eased as Aya approached him, removing her hat and apologizing. And he could easily see the fox ears adorining her head. So, she wasn't a human, then...

"That is fine..." he said slowly, her own timid nature surprising him. That certainly wasn't the first impression he had gotten! "Your presence is not minded...you only startled me."

Atryxion
Cum Tenebris
Lux Veritatis
(11/10/04 7:16 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del   Re: Dark Prince he is not.
 "But, if he is not Satan, then why do I hear a dark voice coming from him?" Kabak questioned as he was raised to his feet. "And that was fun, could you do it again?"

Looking over to the ramtaur now, he smiled quickly and gave a nod. "Perhaps you can accompany us as we head towards the Church of Aiwass in the Artic?" Kabak proposed as he looked back at his fire. "I'm sure the company would be nice for all of us."

Walking back to his fire, Kabak found a lying branch and poked it a few times to keep it going. Not wanting to add too much more wood to the pile, he carefully picked out a few small branches that would last through the rest of the night and placed them on.

Blue the Traumatized
Spork Master!!
(11/12/04 6:07 pm)
 Aya sighed and gave Kabak a bland look. "Because you're delusional. And...maybe some other time..."
He was so odd...he liked getting picked up and moved around by chains? Was it really so fun?
What a strange human...

Aya's attention was gladly averted back to the Ramtaur. She smiled very faintly and bowed. "My most sincere apologies. I've been a bit...jumpy lately."
That was an understatement...it was more like paranoid.
Straightening, Aya carefully replaced her hat, the fabric yet again covering her dainty fox ears.
"By the way, I am Aya Nightlark, and that strange human is Kabak."

Aya blinked rapidly and turned to face Kabak, even as he was walking away. One chain whipped out, grabbed him, and pulled him back by the midsection. "Kabak! What are you even thinking inviting him to go to some unknown church in the arctic??? Not everyone wants to get mixed up in spirits and magick!"
What on EARTH compelled him to even say that? Ugh...she would never understand that human...

Small Wonder  
Gackt is God. XD
(11/12/04 10:52 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
   Um...but...
 Imberjh tilted his head slightly. Dark voice? He realized his voice was low and quiet, but...what did dark mean in relation to voices?

Shrugging it off as some human thing, Imberjh looked back to Aya. "I am Imberjh," he introduced softly before looking back toward Kabak and opening his mouth yet again to speak, to ask if this...church?...was where he had seen this other ramtaur. But then the man started away before he could form the words.

And Aya promptly dragged him back with her chains to begin scolding him. And he couldn't say he understood what the human was being scolded for. But, then again, he wasn't entirely paying attention. Shifting uncomfortably, he averted his eyes until the one-sided argument had passed. He'd never been one to be comfortable in comfrontational environments...

As the scolding came to a close, he looked back to the two, the swallowed and shifted again. "The both of you...you speak of this 'Satan' who looks like me?" he began uncertainly, looking down toward the ground where one cloven hoof pawed the soft earth absently. "Please...if you...if you have seen another like me, and are seeking him...I would like very much to know. And to go where he is."

He glanced back up, that one dark eye looking to both in turn. Clearly, he was apprehensive, and it showed through every tense hair on his body. After all, he didn't know these two! And this jungle was safe and secure, and all he'd known for ages. He wasn't so keen on leaving it. Nor was he too keen on the fact that, from what Aya had mentioned, their journey sounded as though it would be dangerous. And cold.

But...he wanted so much to find his lost brethren...

Atryxion
Cum Tenebris
Lux Veritatis
(11/15/04 6:08 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del   Nitro Burning funny bong
 "Yes, there is another, that is who Satan is. He is any many myths and even a religious belief system is based off of his physical body." Kabak began to explain. "He is a very.....mysterious little devil. The church we are headed to has connections with him, in many ways."

"Weeeeeeee!" Kabak let out as Aya pulled him back with the chains. "That was fun, can we do it again?" Turning back quickly, Kabak kept a close eye on the fire he has going, making sure it does not get out of hand. "Hmm, perhaps we should keep moving on tonight, you could be our guide perhaps?" Seeing that the flames were dying down, Kabak thought it would be best to keep moving since they got pretty far during the day. "What do you think Aya?"

Blue the Traumatized
Spork Master!!
(11/28/04 6:43 pm)
 Aya got the worst feeling that what Kabak was describing, and what Imberjh thought he was talking about, were two entirely different things. But she didn’t want to point it out, already feeling like too much the angry vix. She didn’t want their new acquaintance to think that was how she always acted, for it wasn’t. Kabak just seemed to bring it out in her.
“Pleasure to meet you, Imberjh.�

The kitsune blinked a few times at Kabak’s apparent glee at being pulled around by her chains. He truly was odd... “Uh...perhaps some other time, Kabak...� She answered softly, again reminded how strange and unpredictable the human was. She sighed, realizing now the Ramtaur would risk following no matter what Aya might say, and Kabak seemed pretty set on it as well.
She hadn’t gotten nearly as much sleep as she might have liked, but it seemed everyone else was ready to get moving.
“Alright...� She murmured, if not a bit reluctantly. She was glad Kabak had asked her opinion on it at least. “I’ll keep an eye out for you both from the tree tops.�

With that, the chains appeared from within her cloak and shot up into the distance treetops cloaked in darkness. Within moments she too was making her way up, pulled by her unnatural chains and soon disappearing into the shadows above. She would make sure the two were not snuck up on, or heading for some unseen danger, if she could.

Small Wonder  
Gackt is God. XD
(11/28/04 7:27 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
   Weeee're off to see the wizard!
 "You as well, Aya," Imberjh replied politely...before he was drawn to Kabak's description. And he couldn't help but arch his eyebrows at what Kabak described.

"...A...religious belief system? Myths?" he repeated, blinking large eyes slowly. Was this human serious? Imberjh himself paid no mind, really, to religion; it just wasn't of high importance to him, nor to any others of his kind. They were spiritual, rather, in their beliefs, an eclectic bunch with no unified belief system. To hear that one of their kind had become the basis for an organized set of beliefs was rather...surprising.

Nevermind belief system stuff! Hearing one of his kind had become the basis for a group of followers, whatever their title, was outright...well...just really, really weird.

"That is...interesting..." Imberjh answered slowly, feeling a bit uncomfortable. No wonder the human had grovelled to him! The idea of more humans, or any creature, actually, doing the same was an awkward, strange idea, to say the least. He hoped that didn't happen wherever they were going.

Add this new knowledge to the way the Kabak behaved when pulled around by Aya's deadly chains and, yes, Imberjh believed he had a reason to think him strange. He just couldn't understand it...

Then again, Imberjh wasn't really used to being around other people, either.

But, all that aside...it didn't matter. For all his apprehension, he wanted to go. And he was glad when he was invited.

"Thank you," he answered as he began to follow after the group. Or, rather, after Kabak, since Aya had vanished into the trees above. And the way she had done so had been...odd, as well. Her chains seemed to move of their own will! But Imberjh didn't want to inquire about it; he wasn't used to other people enough to speak unless he was spoken to, first, and besides...he didn't know them well enough, anyway. It might be rude. "I can guide you through this jungle, but after that...I cannot say I am very familiar with other areas..."

Atryxion
Dominus Diabolus
Sabaoth
(11/30/04 6:42 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
   The wonderful wizard of Oz....or Norway and Finland ^_^
 Watching Aya take to the trees Kabak walked slowly in front of Imberjh and looked up every so often to keep an eye on Aya.

"This is actually the first time I have ever seen one of your kind with my own eyes, it's quite a treat." Kabak spoke as he tried to keep his eyes forward as to not walk into anything that can cause bodily harm. "The Satan I spoke of earlier, I've only seen him in paintings and art pieces. Yet, it is quite possible for him to exist, after all, you did first remind me of him when I saw you."

Reaching an area he did not know, Kabak turned and smiled at Imberjh. "Remember how you said you could be our guide?" He chuckled a bit and looked back at the area. "Think you could lead us now?"  

[Transfer: COMPLETE! Resume posting!]
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

(*Bounces*)

Aya continued her silent travel among the tangle of branches and vines that made up the top layer of the forest. The shadows engulfed her, despite the off-white color of her cloak. She was only a barely visable speck of light in a sea of dark.
Any dangers up ahead would most likely count two travelers, not three.

Left to her own thoughts, Aya began to pondering over the events of the past few days. Kabak had rightly turned her entire existance upside-down, thought it wasn't really his fault. It was because of those spirits...
But then again, she still had her reasons for disliking him. He was too stubborn about beliefs that, personally, she found totally pointless. He also seemed to think he could take care of everything on his own, which was completely false.
Sometimes simply thinking about him made Aya angry.

Keeping alert through all of these personal thoughts, Aya waited for the new ramtaur to prove he could indeed guide them through this forest. She felt that leaving all navigations up to Kabak could prove...idiotic.

Rhindeer

Imberjh gave a small start, momentarilly forgetting the other things Kabak had mentioned. It was just...too strange. Art pieces? Imberjh had no concept of art, but...ah, he supposed he'd fine out later. Right now, the most immediate action was to lead the way through as much of the jungle as he was familiar with, just as he'd agreed to do; he could ask questions laterâ€"once he had warmed up to them more and conquered some of his natural meekness.

"Sorry," he murmured, and picked up his pace a little to trot a little ahead of Kabak, though his long, perked ears picked up on the sound of Aya moving through the trees ahead. There weren't many dangers that he was aware of in these partsâ€"if there were, he wouldn't have decided to stay hereâ€"but it made his job a little easier. He could focus on the ground as the female, assumably, watched from above. And the thick jungle foliage was home to enough dangers as it were.

Still, he took it upon himself to glance up in her general direction every now and then, even if he couldn't always see her. He could still hear her, though, and he wanted to make sure she didn't get too far ahead.

[Bad post! Gragh!]
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

Following close behind Imberjh, Kabak looked around the forest and began to notice familiar plants that he studied about. Some poisonous, some not, and some very odd ones. Yet, he still kept most his focus on the path before him.

After a few moments of silence, vision began coming into Kabak's mind, causing him to stop...these were harsh...

Pictures of graveyards and the dead rising up from them filled his head...Among the dead that rose, one body in particular was that of a former God he had once read about through scrolls in a small temple. A smile graced the face of the Dead God as he continued for marching with his new group.

"Martwy Bóg...." Kabak whispered which snapped him back into reality.

Quickly begining to walk again, Kabak hoped that the two of them would not ask about what just happened. Still the thought of Martwy Bóg stayed in his head and made him worry about going to the Artic to find this church.

"So Imberjh, how's Aya doing in the trees, I can't really see her from back here." He spoke as he pushed down the trail.

(argh, bad post as well)

Anonymous

Aya was making her way rather easily through the treetops, but something shifted. She felt it down below her, where the males where, just a distant tingling. Then suddenly a wave of...of...something hit her.
Head thrown back, Aya's mouth opened in a silent cry as her green eye flashed brilliantly for a split second as thoughts and scenes played out faster and faster in her mind's eye.
A vision that was not her own...

Once the vision had completed itself, Aya's dual colored eyes rolled back, and she plummeted from the forest top. Her chains flopped about her form uselessly, never once showing their magick and catching her.

Dead weight, she fell...

Rhindeer

It took a few moments for Imberjh to realize that Kabak had paused. Of course, his keen ears had picked up the soundsâ€"or, lack of sound, actuallyâ€"and when he realized that the man had stopped rather than simply paused, he stopped himself to glance back and wait patiently for him tp pick up the pace again. His expression was...odd...and after a few moments, he whispered something odd, as well. But soon enough he seemed to come back to himself, and, giving no hint that anything was out of the ordinary, Imberjh turned and started on his way again.

Kabak had no need to fear Imberjh questioning his little...episode. Imberjh was not the type to pry into people's business, and besides, though he tried not to show it, he was a little unnerved. The man had seemed like he was in a trance, and for no reason whatsoever.

But, a lot of things spooked Imberjh. So, him being unnerved about something wasn't really saying much.

"Aya? I cannot see her..." Imberjh called behind him without turning back, pale brown eyes gazing toward the treetops, searching. He had lost sight of her when he'd glanced back toward Kabak...

Kabak's question and his own was answered soon enough.

There was a sudden crashing sound from above as something heavy plummeted from above, branches and leaves rustling loudly as whatever it was made its descent. Imberjh jumped, ears perked and short tail raised as his body tensed, preparing to dash out of the way as his eyes searched for the sound's source. It wasn't unusual for branches or large fruits to snap and fall...and it was obviously best to get out of the way. All the same, he knew Aya was still up there, though he didn't know quite how high. Hopefully, whatever it was that had snapped hadn't struck herâ€"or snapped under her weight.

That would be a long ways to fall. He hoped it was a branch.

It wasn't.

How was she? Well, there was the answer.

Imberjh started, but this time, he did not leap away. This time, he lunched forward, dashing forward a few paces before using the powerful legs of his kind to spring forward in a leap that he hardly seemed capable of. After all, rams were built very solid, and muscle was heavy, yet his leap was effortless.

He braced himself as he landed, just in time to reach out and catch herâ€"

And the momentum of her fall, combined with the chains, hit him hard, bringing them both to the ground, Imberjh gasping out loud in pain as one flailing chain cracked him hard on the side of the head.

It wouldn't have been too bad if it weren't for the chains...

But...he'd caught her. If she had hit the ground, the impact would have killed her, as Imberjh knew all too well; he had seen animals fall before. No...Imberjh was flighty by instinct, but he could face anything when his own life or the life of another was at risk.

Anonymous

The snap of the branch brought Kabak back to reality, and quickly. Remembering that Aya took to the trees didn't sit well with his stomach as he crouched over a bit clutching at it.
Shit..The word echoed through his mind for a short period of time as he got the courage to quickly run after Imberjh.

"Oh god, are you two okay?" He yelled as he slid to a stop behind the fallen Imberjh. Damn it...I just know it has to do with me He spoke to himself as he got on the side of Imberjh and knelt done to see if they were okay.

Anonymous

Aya's breathing was reagular, if not a bit shallow. She looked to be in a very deep sleep, almost coma-like. But then, people didn't just go into comas without warning. Not when they were perfectly healthy at least.
Which Aya was.

The number of chains spread out from beneath her cloak were mind boggling. There were dozens upon dozens upon dozens of them. Her own body was lost in a sea of them, and they were all her rescuer, Imberjh, could feel. How she carried them all...and how she concealed them...were totally unknown as of yet.

Her hat fluttered to the earth a few feet away, her ears and long cinnamon hair no longer covered.
And still she did not stir, or show any signs of awakening.
She simply lay there, limp.

Rhindeer

Imberjh was...dazed, to say the least. He hadn't been whacked hard enough to lose consciousness, but he had definitely been whacked hard enough to draw blood, which ran in the thin trickle down the size of his face from his hair. And he had certainly been hit hard enough to have no recollection of what, exactly, had just happened. All he knew was that he now had a headache that could kill, he was bleeding, his vision was blurred with dizziness, and he was kneeling on the ground with Aya in his arms. At least...he was holding what was assumed to be Aya. There were so many chains, and the world was swimming too badly for him to be able to tell...but he had learned to connect chains with her.

More than likely, he had a concussion.

A voice behind him filtered through his fogged brain, and he answered automatically. "I...what happened...?" he asked groggily, slowly setting Aya down so he could rub his throbbing head, not too concerned about the blood that greeted his fingers. He was just...confused. But, heck, who wouldn't be?

Well...that could have gone a lot better...

(Gyah! bad post!)

Anonymous

Kabak's black hair fell on his shoulders, dangling all the way down to his lower chest/upper stomach and mid back. His dark green eyes studied the two carefully as his pale light skin lit up with a glow from the moon and his hand made it's way to Imberjh's back.

"Imberjh....take a rest...and gather your thoughts for a moment..." He whispered softly hoping he wouldn't worsen the already bad headache Imberjh must be feeling.

Moving his hair back over his shoulders, the moonlight hit his face and showed off the fairly slim looking shape. If compared to any modern day man, he would resemble that of a young Count Grisnackt. He knelt down and ran his hand over the soft cinnamon colored hair of Aya and sighed saddly.

If only I could have stopped that vision from happening, then maybe you would still be up in that tree and we be on our way He thought to himself as he slowly shook his head. Now, if only I can get her to snap out of whatever it is she's in

Kabak kept his head hung as thoughts entered and left his mind, all being a rejection or a possible failure and making the situation worse...He wanted to do something good for her but, he had no idea where to start.

Anonymous

Aside from the gentle twitch of one fox ear, Aya did not react to Kabak's soft petting. She was completely out of it, on some other brain wave. She obviously was not dead or dying, her vitals still very steady. However, one could only speculate on how long she would be out.

It could take awhile.

(Hint: she won't be waking up for a bit, so you might as well either make camp or continue with someone carrying her *nods*)

Rhindeer

Imberjh wasn't about to argue against the suggestion. After that, he was completely wiped out, and really just wanted to close his eyes until everything stopped moving so nauseatingly. And until this migraine went away.

It wouldn't have been bad at all if he'd been hit on his left side, where a sturdy, curled ram's horn grew, curving along the side of his face and protecting a good portion of his head. If he'd been struck there, he probably wouldn't have even felt it. But the chain had struck on his right, where only a pitiful stub of a horn remained, and where he was quite understandably vulnerable.

As soon as Kabak spoke, he shifted to stretch out onto his side and closed his eyes tightly against the faint, but right now glaring, light. The bleeding had stopped, and was actually starting to dry by now. Cuts on the head always tended to look worse than they reaally were.

Anonymous

Sighing and standing back up, Kabak thought it would be fairly wise to build up a small fire to keep them nice and cozy for the night. The last thing he wanted was a shaking party.

Straightening out his black flowy shirt and pulling his black pants and shoving them down into the sides of his boots, Kabak gathered the few broken limbs and broke off the ones he could. He cleared the leaves and dug up what he could from the ground and placed the wood inside the shallow hole. Using his magick again, Kabak got the fire lit and sat down, thinking about what had happened and what that vision was trully for.

Kabak began to zone out as he focused solely on the fire, not knowing he was begining to fall backwards. His body fell back but, Kabak's vision did not change, he still saw the fire before him and he still had his mind keened and focused.

You're almost there....not too far now.... A voice from the darkness whispered out.

The voice caused Kabak to lose concentration and snap back into his physical body. He quickly sat up looking around, seeing if he could see anything...but nothing was before him, except Aya, Imberjh, and an eerie darkness beyond the light of the fire...

Anonymous

With both males doing their own thing (one laying sprawled due to pain, and the other zoning out), Aya's limp form was left to lay discarded on the ground. She still had not moved, and showed no signs of waking any time soon. The cause of her comatose state was yet unknown, though Kabak probably had a good idea.

And then...Kabak went into his trance, soul departed from the body. Aya twitched faintly, a tremor running through her detatched body.
And then...the voice...
One of her eyes snapped open. The green one, no less. Spirits shot from the earth around her, and the trees above them, screaming their wordless cries and moving in undeterminable ways. Imberjh would most likely be unable to see them. But Kabak wouldn't miss them. Not for an instant, as they whistled about his head and converged upon Aya's body.

The green eye was glowing fiercely, though her other more natural one remained closed. The pupil was tiny, color drowning out the white.
And then it all came down in a rush.
The spirits slammed into Aya's open capsule of a body, lifting her clear off the ground and holding her there as they passed in and out in a violent display of numbers.
All the heavy chains were the only things weighing her down right then, while her vulnerable body, that of a Medium whether she wanted to be or not, was ravished by spirits hungry for a conduit into the real world.

Rhindeer

Imberjh was completely out of it, though he was far from sleep. He had a migraine that could kill, and he felt dazed, even though the confusion had faded. Still, he couldn't quite remember what had happened to get him into this current state, nor why Aya was down and also dispondent. He could remember everything that happened before that, leading Kabak and following Aya, but...ugh.

That chain had knocked everything between then and now from his memory.

In any case, he was relieved that it didn't seem as though they were going to be moving for a while. All felt still and quiet. Kabak was zoned out, Aya was...asleep, Imberjh could only assume...and he was obviously exhausted and dazed. Closing his eyes against the headache, he made an effort to try and drift off to sleep, hoping to sleep it off. That was the only thing he knew to do, though he wasn't having too much luck with it.

That was when the rustle of chains disturbed the quiet, the sound painful to his throbbing head, and he cracked one eye open. It was a sound he had come to associate with Aya; after all, she was the only one he knew that used, much less lugged around, chains, and until he'd met her he'd never seen a chain to begin with. But then, big, heavy objects, such as the chains Aya carried, simply weren't practical for a race like Imberjh's that was always on the move, and on the move in silence and subtlety, at that.

And, in addition to having never seen a chain before meeting Aya, he'd also never witnessed a possession. Or even known about them to begin with.

Aya was floating above the ground, the only thing rooting her to the spot being her heavy chains, and one eye was wide open, glowing a fierce green. Imberjh gasped, his own eyes opening in surprise and alarm, and scrambled awkwardly and dizzily to sit up despite the way his head protested and swam, and the way his stomach suddenly clenched in a bout of nausea. What...what was...that...that wasn't right. He didn't know what was happeningâ€"and he had not the sight to be able to witness the spirits ravaging her bodyâ€"but...her eye...it didn't even look like she was even there anymore...and she was in the air...

The hair on the back of his neck was on end, and he was pretty sure the fur on his ram's body was equally bristling. It just wasn't natural. It wasn't right.

"K...Kabak...?" Imberjh whispered, frozen to the spot by a dazed combination of shock and dizziness.

Anonymous

Shooting up, Kabak saw the green light and immediately hung his head again. "I'm here...and I see it....although, I do not wish for it to be....." He said to Imberjh as many many thoughts passed through his head.

God damn it...... He spoke to himself as he was about to explode with anger against himself. Why does this always have to happen when I go into a deep trance and call upon my spirits...why?....why can't I just do it in normality....

Jumping over the fire, Kabak quickly wrapped his arms around the chained mass that was Aya and whispered..."Leave this girl be....she wishes not to be a Medium....leave her alone and come to me in return.....I, unlike her, do wish to be a medium.....Come to me.....come to me...."

Holding the mass a bit closer to him now, a tear fell down his cheek...You should have left......you should have left....

Anonymous

Aya's body was surprisingly limp as Kabak grabbed ahold of it. Her flesh was perfectly suited to that life that a Medium must take, and there was no resisitance, no tension. Her green eye blared with unearthly light, calling the spiritual powers to her, and the spirits with it. The chains remained unenchanted, and hung limp and heavy from somewhere within her cloak.

But his words...it was his words that woke the real Aya within the Medium shell.
come to me in return.....I, unlike her, do wish to be a medium.....Come to me.....come to me...."
The spirits fought within themselves, between two perfectly good shells. Spirits began to slam into Kabak as well, and it was like liquid ice, freezing so much that it burned more intensly than any fire known to man or beast. It was a horrid feeling, the feeling of flesh being ripped by soul.

And Aya's golden eye snapped open. The pupil was small as well, the gold drowning out all else. Fire lept up around her and Kabak, an unnatural flame that did not burn them, but banished the spirits. The souls fled, screaming in torment, from her flames.
And then the fire died, and all was silent for a moment.

Slowly, Aya blinked, her eyes returning to normal. She simply stared blankly at Kabak for a moment, the chains retreating into her cloak in a very snake-like way. They no longer seemed to add to her weight, and she was very light in his arms.
"You are stupid. I hope you realize that."
Were her first blunt words to him. Calling all those spirits to him...
He had to be totally insane.
But there was that one moment, that one instant, where she was actually worried about him. About him falling to the same fate as her grandmother.
She wouldn't allow that to happen, no matter how dense Kabak was being.

A violent fit of coughs suddenly shook her slender frame, sending her into convulsions within Kabak's grasp. Her face scrunched in the wince that only a bad cough can make, one hand clasped over her mouth as her lungs spasmed.
Dammit...
Blood, a dark crimson in the night, trickled from between her gloved fingers.

Rhindeer

To Imberjh, who had not the sight that both Aya and Kabak had, the whole scene before him came across as both eerie and, well, odd. Unable to see the spirits that slammed into Aya, he could only watch in a mixture of confusion and horror. Kabak obviously knew what was going on, but Imberjh had not a clue...though Kabak's final words as he held Aya sent a chill up his spine. Not because he really understood what the heck his words actually meantâ€"he had no idea what a Medium wasâ€"but that his words implied that there was something that was attacking Aya.

Something which Imberjh couldn't see, and which Kabak was trying to draw to him. Something Aya didn't want, but that he did. Why on Earth would Kabak want to be a Medium when Aya apparently was one, and when being a Medium meant getting attacked by something you couldn't see, getting rendered lifeless and helpless!?

It made no sense! But then, there was a lot going on that made no sense...

And then Aya's other eye snapped open, and something happened that Imberjh could see. Fire leapt around the two, and Imberjh jolted with a gasp, his first initial thought being that the flame was the invisible attacker's doing. And there was nothing he could do...

Except, it soon died away, revealing an unscathed Kabak and now-conscious Aya, who promptly called Kabak out on his stunt. Whatever it was that he had done. But, it hadn't exactly soundedâ€"or lookedâ€"too smart to Imberjh though...it had snapped Aya out of whatever state she had gone into, right? Whatever state that had been to begin with...if it even was a state, given it seemed like she was being attacked.

And all this confused thinking, Imberjh found, was really starting to add to the pain already throbbing throughout his skull.

Soon enough, though, his muddled thoughts were interrupted by Aya's violent bout of coughs, and as he watched in alarm, he saw a dark liquid running out from between her gloved fingers. Blood. Even if his vision was still blurred, his sense of smell was still keen, and he could differentiate between the old scent of the dried blood crusted in his hair and the new, fresher scent of blood just spilled.

"Aya...Kabak...what...what happened?" he asked quietly, light eyes fastened on Aya as he slowly commanded his limbs to carry him closer, despite the wooziness that still plagued him. He wasn't really one to speak without being spoken to first, nor to pry, but...this situation was different...

Anonymous

"Well, good to see you're back to normal." Kabak spoke rather harshly as he simply dropped Aya. "And that fire...that was toasty warm, and how is it that I am not burned?"

Kabak went back to his normal spot and sat infront of his fire again. "Yes, Aya, why don't you tell us what happened. Only part coming from me is how I had a simple vision about the "Dead God" and all the sudden you're falling out of a tree with your chains coming out in every direction and in a coma like state!" Kabak ran his hands through his hair and looked up at the sky for a moment.

Letting out a small sigh, he takes one of his branches and puts it into the fire to heat it up some more. "Why don't you just accept the fact that you are indeed a medium?"

Anonymous

Aya let out a soft cry as she was dropped, all her muscles still lax from her unwanted medium session. "Dammit Kabak!" She shouted with more emotion than just being dropped warrented.
And then she began coughing again, Kabak now turned away and back a the fire.

She was forced to roll over onto her side as blood spilled out of her mouth in a sudden rush. She gagged on the sharp, metallic taste, tears gathering at the sides of her eyes. Once the little bought was over, she coughed harshly yet again, coating her glove in red liquid.
Taking a wheezing breath, she answered Kabak's last question.
"Because...it will kill me..." She whispered, voice hoarse.

She couldn't lift her head, or any part of her body for that matter, at the moment. Everything felt so weak, lethargic, and throbbed dully. Bleary eyes stared up at Imberjh, streaked with the pain she was so used to.
"What...happened to...your head?" She whispered again, unable to bring her voice any higher. The violent coughing had stripped her throat, and she could still feel the thick blood in her lungs.

It would kill her one of these days...