Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

[MOVED THREAD!]

YBNRML778
Someone new!
(12/15/04 5:09 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del All
   Counting The Profits (Open)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Alex walked into the Thief's Guild, his pocket filled with coins that he'd stolen off somebody on their way into town. He had a satisfied smirk on his face, which was better than his usual scowl.

He closed the door behind him and started emptying his pockets on the table to count up the day's profits. He'd been by to check on his sister as well, only to find that she'd left home to go travel.

He chuckled. That was just like her.

Shaking his head to clear it of memories, he continued counting until he heard the door open and looked behind him to see...

Small Wonder  
Gackt is God. XD
(12/15/04 6:06 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
   Heylo!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 ...A young girl, maybe fifteen, with dirty blonde hair done up in a myriad of beaded braids and pale green eyes. Her clothes were simpleâ€"a lace-up shirt and breeches that reached only to her knees, and a small coin purse attached at her belt. It was Makoto, the infamous, notorious, professional thief of Adelaâ€"in her own mind, at least. Hey, a girl could dream, and Makoto did lots of that. The truth was that Makoto was simply a pick-pocket and petty thief at the most, and had more close calls and nasty run-ins under her belt than she'd like to be reminded of. Luckily, though, what she lacked in graceâ€"it always seemed to be her clumsyness that got her into a fixâ€"she made up for in agility, and it had been her ability to twist and slip through small spaces that had saved her from a trip to prison or worse time and time again.

Walking into the guild, a place she had made her home base since learning of its existence almost a year ago, she stopped short and blinked large eyes as her gaze fell onto Alexâ€"a man she'd never seen before.

Mostly, it was out of surprise. New people were always coming and going; the network of thieves that used this location as a safe haven was enormous! But walking in and finding new people when from the outside the modest building had looked empty and quiet was always a surprise, especially since Makoto was still relatively new to the place. And to the society of thieves in general.

"Whoa...heya! Haven't seen ya around before," she greeted, her usual cheery, self-confident self as she made her way further into the room to unceremoniously straddle a wooden chair, facing the backing which her arms rested on as she peered over at him curiously. "Name's Makoto, by the way. Who're you? Ya new here?" she asked, braids swaying slightly as she cocked her head at a slight angle.

YBNRML778
SotE RPGer ^_^
(12/15/04 6:38 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
   Re: Heylo!
 Alex looked the girl over, looking slightly uncomfortable. She was a safe enough distance away, he supposed, but still, girls in general made him uncomfortable, if he didn't know them. Because usually they weren't careful and they usually found some way to crash into him.

"Hi... Makoto." Alex said, going back to counting his money. "I'm Alex. I've been around for a bit. I just don't stay here too often. I'm usually out somewhere."

Which was true. He could usually be found in a tree or stealing. He was more comfortable sleeping in trees than in the Theif's Guild, but that was only a preference of his.

"Are you new?" He asked her, raising an interested eyebrow.

Small Wonder  
Gackt is God. XD
(12/15/04 6:59 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
   Gotcha!
 "Yeah, same here...I hang out around the villages most of the time," Makoto said, looking him over, as well. Huh. If she didn't know any better, she would say he looked a little uneasy. Weird. She didn't think she was intimidating or anything, but then again, some thieves were just that wayâ€"always anxious for some reason or another. She guessed there was always the risk of spies or authority figures of some sort ferreting them out, and some were more suspicious than others.

Which kinda made sense...wasn't the old saying, "no honor among thieves" or something along those lines?

"Kinda new! I found this place almost a year ago. But I'm only new to here...I've been thieving my whole life! I was raised by thieves...it's in the family, you could say," she told him with a wry grin, leaning forward a little further to rest her chin on her arms.

"Heh...looks like ya turned up a good profit," she commented conversationally as she watched him count. "Better than I did today. Oh, hey, you can tell me to shut up anytime if I'm bothering you, by the way..." she said suddenly, as if it just occurred to her that she might be bothering him. After all, she didn't know him...she didn't want to annoy him. And she could be a chatterbox if left unchecked. She knew that herself; she'd been told it plenty of times.

YBNRML778
SotE RPGer ^_^
(12/15/04 7:07 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
   Re: Gotcha!
 "I hang out in the trees. I only go to the villages when I want something." Alex said with a smirk, finishing his counting and putting the coins back in the pouch. He leaned back in his seat, slipping the pouch in his pocket.

He looked over at her. "Heh, I was in the Orphanage for most of my life, not by choice. Spent most of my time in that place trying to get out." He smirked again, remembering those days and then shaking his head slightly.

"Er, you're not bothering me..." Alex said. He didn't want to make her leave, but he didn't want tot ell her the real reason why he was so uncomfortable either. It was embarassing. He shrugged his shoulders. "It's always good to have some company, I guess."

He was in a good mood. He usually was whenever he stayed in the Guild for longer than he had to. When he was in a bad mood, he could usually be found wandering the forest or hanging out in high places, or in warm places.

He looked back over at her. "Where're you coming from? Did you just steal something?" He asked curiously.

Small Wonder  
Gackt is God. XD
(12/16/04 1:11 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
   Iiiinteresting.
 He...hung out in trees in his spare time? That statement caused Makoto to blink blankly for a moment. That was certainly an...interesting hobby, though she couldn't exactly see how you could spend a lot of time in trees. Wouldn't it get kinda boring after a while? She couldn't imagine there would be much to keep you company up there or anything...

Oh well. Different strokes for different folks, she supposed!

"Orphanage, eh? Heh, yeah, I almost got sent there. My folks died when I was ten, see, but there was no way I was goin' there," she stated. "Almost got put there a few times, but I was always too fast for those bastards." She gave a little smirk, obviously quite proud of her achievement, though her gaze had turned a bit thoughtful. If she had been put in the orphanage...maybe she would have been adopted, though she was pretty sure she would have put up a fuss to make sure that didn't happen. She never wanted new parents. The ones she'd had had been good enough, and she never wanted to replace them...nor did she want to be adopted by some squeaky clean family that wanted to turn her into a little lady. That just wasn't who she was.

Sure, making a living off thieving made for dangerous situations and a small stomach, but it was freedom, in a way. And it was the only lifestyle she knew, anyway.

"Hm? Oh! I just came from Adela. That's where I hang out, mostly, I grew up there, y'know. Pickings have been pretty slim lately, though...more guards, lately..." She frowned pointedly.

YBNRML778
SotE RPGer ^_^
(12/16/04 7:59 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
   Re: Iiiinteresting.
 Alex laughed. "My parents died, too. My sister and I lived with our grandfather together up until I took off. She lived him for a while longer, but she's recently left home too. I have no idea where she is."

He made a mental note to scour the area for her later. Just because he'd left home didn't mean he had to abandon his duties as her older brother. Who knew what a girl as headstrong as Alba could get into if left unsupervised?

He ran his fingers through his hair and sighed at the very thought. Beign stubborn was a trait that ran in the family, he supposed.

He frowned as well. "Yeah, I noticed. They're probably hiding something big over there or something. Something important." He smirked. "Or maybe they're just sick of us."

Small Wonder  
Gackt is God. XD
(12/17/04 3:50 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
   Heh heh...
 "I think they're just sick of us..." Makoto noted with a grin. "Though...well, I'm not real big on gossip or news, really, but I heard stuff about there bein' a new queen or something. That might be it. Don't wanna make the new matriarch's job too hard in the beginning, yanno!" She smirked, emphasizing the sarcasm.

Truth be told, aside from the obvious fact that thieves were not liked by the government, which in turn meant most thieves didn't like the government, either, that wasn't the only reason she held a lot of disdain for the system. There were other reasons, deeper reasons, and it might seem odd that she continued on living a lifestyle that had gotten her parents killed. But...such was life. She wasn't going to stop living the way she was taught to just because of fear. Oh yes, she was the defiant type. It didn't come out often, but when it did, she had quite the defiant streak in her.

Raising her hands over her head, she stretched a little. "Hmm...so, got any plans for today?" she asked at random, changing the subject. She didn't know him very well, but...meh. She was bored, and she had no plans! Of course, she got bored easily, and she tended to warm up to people quick. She was quite the socialite, and often forgot that other thieves weren't always so sociable.

YBNRML778
SotE RPGer ^_^
(12/17/04 6:04 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
   Re: Heh heh...
 "Plans?" Alex asked, looking at her in surprise. It wasn't often anybody wanted to talk to him for anything more than a quick exchange of hellos. It was nice to have company for a change though so he shrugged.

"Well, I need to find my sister." He mused, more to himself than to her. "I've been keeping tabs on her, but now she's left home and I don't know where she is. Leaving her unsurpervised for long is dangerous."

He leaned back in his chair, listening tot he gold rattling around in his pockets. "I guess we could go se if there's any excitement in the surrounding area, too. I doubt it though."

Small Wonder  
Gackt is God. XD
(12/17/04 6:15 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
   Heh!
 Makoto grinned slightly, amused. She didn't have any siblings, she'd always been an only child, so she couldn't really relate to this whole supervision thing, but she found it amusing nonetheless. Apparently, his sister was accident prone. At least, that's what she gathered from his statement of it being dangerous to leave her alone...

"Why doesn't she come with ya, then?" she asked, standing up slowly and stretching again. "Well, nevermind. I'm guessin' she's not a thief? It's not for everyone, that's for sure..." Besides...she didn't want to pry. She had a tendency to do that, at times, so this time she made sure to catch herself before she did so. Sort of.

Luckily, he didn't seem to be annoyed with her at all. That was a good sign! It'd been a long time since she'd hung out with a like-minded individual.

Brushing of her short breeches and making sure the coin purse was secured firmly to her belt, she gave a little shrug. "Hey, I'm sure we could fine something to do. This place isn't very lively, anyway. Who knows, we might get lucky," she added with a mischievous wink. "We'll figure somethin' out. So, what place ya thinkin' about?"

YBNRML778
SotE RPGer ^_^
(12/19/04 7:43 am)
Reply | Edit | Del
   Re: Heh!
 "Heh, well mainly she didn't come with me because I took off from home." Alex said sheepishly. "But that's fine. She doesn't know that I'm a theif. I suppose I should let her know one of these days."

Alex got up, listening to the coins jangle around in his coin pouch and then smirking at her. "Sounds cool. Let's wander around Adela for a bit until we can decide on where else we want to go."

He shook a lock of his firey red hair out of his face and started heading out the door, looking back to make sure she was following him. "Maybe if we're lucky some kind of secret underground organization will be trying to pull something in town and we can watch, if not help out." He said with a laugh.  

[Transfer: COMPLETE! Resume posting!]
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Rhindeer

"Yeah, probably. Think she'd mind when she found out?" She perked an eyebrow slightly. She herself had no experience with that. all her friends had been thieves, and her whole family had been thieves, too. She'd never really hung around someone who wasn't a thief, and for good reason! You never knew who you could trust...and there was always the risk of being turned in.

Oh, geez, she was starting to sound like one of those overly suspicious can't-trust-no one thieves. Oi.

"Sounds like a plan!" she agreed, following after him, boots thudding lightly upon the ground. "And I say the heck with luck! Let's go sniff out that secret organization of your's on our own."

[oooh...sucky post... >_< this post transferring thing is eating my brain...]
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa