Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Lioness and the Longknife

Started by Rhindeer, July 29, 2015, 09:11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

"Like some of your crazy elven warrior moves?" Yasmin asked with a grin, though some deep part of her was still cautious, still uncertain. There had to be a catch here.

And she had always found it difficult to lower her guard.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

DaGlobster

"Why not? You look flexible enough," Juras said, and he gave her another looking over.

"You up for some more falaffel? I think we left the basket in your cell."

Rhindeer

"Y'know, just figured elf types were all secretive and stuff," Yasmin said as she stretched. "That's how the stories paint your lot, at least. Anyway, sure! Falafel sounds good! I mean, this is me you're asking. I'd never say no to anything that isn't slop!
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

DaGlobster

"I've met some mainland elves that were pretty sheisty, so I don't blame you," Juras said.

He motioned for her to follow, and started to head back to her cell.

Rhindeer

"You're the first elf of any sort I've ever met," Yasmin said as she followed along. "All I know about elves is what I've heard from stories. I always pictured 'em to be more..."

She looked Juras up and down. "Fragile."

DaGlobster

"We are," Juras said.

"Purebreeds can't really bulk up like humans can. Elves like to get slim and speedy, not big and strong. I guess it's one of the perks of being a half-elf."

Rhindeer

"Best of both worlds, eh?" Yasmin quipped as they approached her cell. "Yeah, if you were full prissy elf, you couldn't touch me."

DaGlobster

"I wouldn't say that," Juras said, shrugging.

"I've seen many things in my time as a mercenary. I've seen a pureblood strike down three men before they could take a swing at him. If it's one thing they have going for them, is that whatever they dedicate themselves to, they're masters of it."

Rhindeer

"And I guess they'd definitely have time on their sides," Yasmin said as they approached her cell. She opened the door and stepped inside. "Lucky ageless bastards."

DaGlobster

"One of the perks," Juras said, and he smiled as he stepped inside behind her.

"Did we finish all of that falaffel?"

Rhindeer

Flopping down onto her cot, Yasmin snorted a laugh at that. "Does that surprise you? I told you I'd been craving it forever!"

DaGlobster

"And you didn't cramp up? Impressive," Juras teased, standing over her cot and putting a fist on his waist, looking down at her.

Rhindeer

Yasmin gave him a curious look, eyebrow raised as she watched him stand over her. "I didn't eat them alone. You pigged out, too."

DaGlobster

"I ate a normal amount, excuse you," Juras said, although by his tone and his grin it was plain to see that he was conceding the point to her.

Her curious look caught his own curiosity.

"Something on my face?" he asked innocuously.

Rhindeer

"Huh?" Yasmin jolted, eyebrows rising in surprise, and quickly looked away. "Uh, no. Just some sand. You know, you don't have to stand there. It's gonna hurt my neck, having to look up at you."

DaGlobster

Juras set himself down on her bed, stretching his arms a bit, after which he self-consciously brushed his face for sand, even if it was unlikely that he would actually have any.

"Well, it's better than sand on my ass," he retorted.

Rhindeer

"Better on than IN," Yasmin said with a snicker. "I don't wanna know how that'd even happen."

DaGlobster

"Well," Juras said, and he clasped his hands on the bac of his neck, giving a small stretch before he set his hands down, one on the bed next to him and one on Yasmin's knee.

"It's probably a combination of unfortunate positioning, poor armor choice, and wind."

He paused for a moment.

"Lots of wind."

Rhindeer

Yasmin raised an eyebrow at the hand on her knee, then lifted her eyes to Juras. She gave another little chortle. "That's an oddly specific answer. Personal experience, eh?"

DaGlobster

"Oh, no, just speculating," he said, and their eyes met. Almost unconsciously, his eyes flicked downwards to her lips for a moment before they returned to hers.