Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Salome's House of Healing (Open RP)

Started by magnaroman2013, February 05, 2014, 11:35:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magnaroman2013

The shop is very well crafted, several hookah and shesha pipes are set around with pillows. Poppy pods are in jars along the wall. There are various potions on a shelf that would signify various healing potions, jars of spices and components.

There was some nice wooden stairs going up to a second story that had roughly a dozen sickbeds. There was a brass statue at the end of the room with some burning incense. Each bed had dividers around it giving those who would be sick some privacy.

Salome could usually be found in here when not traveling abroad.

DaGlobster

Au'Nvratyis walked through the port known as Jin'ta, although it was more of a controlled stumble. He was wearing a cloak that covered him the neck down, and was wearing a hood to cover his head. The stranded alien had been living on this world for about two years, but he seemed to be ill with something he could not identify. He couldn't comprehend this disease, seeing as how he didn't even hear of disease before he came to this world.

He coughed roughly, and he stopped to lean on a nearby building. He coughed some more, this time hacking up some mercurial blood. He looked up at the building, and sighed with relief. It was a healer's store. He pushed off of the wall with a gasp of agony escaping him, and pushed through the door. He didn't take a look around at the unoccupied storefront, but instead immediately lurched for a shelf with potions on it. He didn't make it that far, and he collapsed onto the ground, knocking over some things and making a hell of a racket. He passed out on the floor.

magnaroman2013

Salome walked over to the unconscious man.

He touched his wrist and felt for a pulse. He could feel the throb of life. He held a mirror to the man's face to see if the Gods granted him life. The cloud of life still was in him. He took out a bottle that contained some essence of poppy, Valerian root and willow bark.. He smeared it on the mans lips and under his nose. That would help with his breathing.

He used his dwarf strength to lift the man up and carry him upstairs and into a sickbed. He put him down in the nearest one. He then lit some incense and began to chant in a odd language. He was attempting to breathe life back into the body magically. To use the powers the Fates gave him to restore the body and cure the disease. He would chant louder and louder and the body was covered in a white healing energy.

It was now up to fate for this person to be healed. He had done the very best he could to breathe life back into the body. He staggered over to a stool to sit and watch, To see if the magic and his herbalism worked?

DaGlobster

Au'Nvratyis lay unoncsious for a few moments more than expected. It would seem his alien biologiy was keeping the medicines from having their full effect. In fact, it was unclear wether the treatment was helping him or killing him. Eventually, his  eyes shot open, reveal the all-black eyes held inside them. His face curled into a panicked expression, and he bared his sharp teeth, his whip-like tongue slashing around in his mouth. He sat up with a gasp, his hoofed feet twitching wildly. A set of white, muscular arms appeared from under his cloak, one hand clasping at his throat and the other pulling his hood back, revealing the three bony crests he had instead of hair.  Another set of arms came out, and they started reaching out. He didn't know what was happening, and was acting in what he believed was self-defense.

magnaroman2013

Salome sighed a little, From where he was said very calmly, "You sir have taken ill. You are not breathing well.."

He said as calmly as he could, "I am going to try to help you?"

He was preparing a simple disease removal spell that would go along with his masked regeneration spell. He rubbed his hands together. And began to whisper the incantation.

DaGlobster

(OOC: in regards to the PM you sent me, I was really just using ths whole sick thing so Ky and Salome would have a premise and an excuse to meet. Expect it to pass quickly)

Aun'Vratyis looked at the dwarf, and he seemed to calm down. "For...forgive me..." He weakly said, before hacking up some more mercury-looking blood. He layed back down, despite the pain he was in, and juzt let the dwarf work. "I do not know...what ails me. My people were never struck down like this. Is it some kind of curse?" He managed to say, before extending a hand towards Salome. "Excuse...my manners. I knew not...who you were..." He continued, letting the dwarf's healing magic do all the work. When he felt it was easier to speak, he spoke up. "Where I come from, there is no magic. I have been living on this world for two years, and I still cannot comprehend it..."

magnaroman2013

((OOC: I just figured it would be best to explain what I was doing and leave it up to you about the timetable of getting better :) ))

"Curse? Nay... this appears to be a failing of the body. Did you eat something recently?"

He quickly put together a potion for the man to drink. It would remove any disease should there be one.

"As for my name.. I am Salome. Here try to drink this... It contains soemthing that will help ease your pain and perhaps  relax you."

He offered the earthenware cup over.

"You are from another world?" He said inquistively.

DaGlobster

"A failing of the body? But...now that you mention it, I did partake in something the folk of this port call 'chocolate'. Perhaps it does not mix well with my blood..." He commented as he took the cup. All four arms were being used to hold the cup, just to make sure none of its contents spilled. He took a sip, smiling at the flavor, regardless of whether it was supposed to taste good or not. Whatever this pleasant mixture was, it was definitely better than chocolate.

When Salome asked him if he was from another world, he visibly stiffened. Did he let that out when he spoke? He looked to the dwarfish man, and seemed to consider his words. "A different world, but the same plane of existence. I came from the stars to flee the..." He seemed to trail off before resuming. "...The destruction of my people..."He finished, taking another sip from the potion. "That was well over two years on this planet ago." He added, and finished off the cup.

Tags: