Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Recent posts

"Oh, you wound me, sir," Fletch said as they stepped out of the room. "'Course I can steal a fucking mug." He allowed Theo to lead the way and assumed his usual stiff posture, hands behind his back and expression stoic. He'd both wanted and not wanted the nobleman to join him. He couldn't get enough of the man's company, it was true. The only time he'd ever say no to it was if he'd been put so out of sorts by the day's events that he needed his space. But it was going to be a harder crawl back out of the depths he'd let himself succumb to, that was for damned sure. 

As they stepped into the kitchen, he circled back around towards the kettle and got it started. "Afternoon," he greeted Kenna with what he hoped was his winningest smile.
Coastal Serendipity / Re: Latent Dream (Summervale) ...
Last post by GoblinFae - Today at 09:58:16 PM
His eyes lit up at the mention of Aya but Theo wisely kept from commenting too much and risking upsetting Fletcher over his late husband's dog. "Come along then. I'll nick some sugar cubes for the horses too. I'm sure they're going just as stir crazy as we are without all the trips to town. If you're sky maybe you can abscond with one of Kenna's mugs and some coffee too keep warm outside too?"
Fletcher's eyebrows raised, his left peeking above the eyepatch. He shoved his hands in his pockets and graced Theo with a lengthy stare. "Yes you do, you little shit," he muttered at last. "You're welcome to join if you like. Could go see the dog, I suppose, or walk the perimeter. ...Anything but this," he added with a soft laugh.
Last post by GoblinFae - Today at 09:47:14 PM
"We already know how good you are at getting me flat on my back, yes. I still have much in the way of balance and footwork to go. I can only imagine my horror and your amusement should I ever end up on a ship at sea. You can just peel me off the floor when we make port."

He got to his feet and made to brush imaginary dust and wrinkles out of his clothes. "Would you like to walk alone or is the company welcome? I don't wish to...irritate, you further."
"Yeah, we'll see who's laughing about it later," Fletch shot back with an indignant jut of the chin. "But, no...cold's a good idea. And you know it's bad if I've said it. No bollocks left to use if they freeze off, right?" He sighed, shook his head, and rose gingerly to his feet. "This is madness," he muttered, more to himself than to Theo, though he did glance over at the man as he said it, expression a strange mingling of exasperation and lovesickness. "Absolute madness. You, er, want to come with? Or stay here?"
Last post by GoblinFae - Today at 08:23:33 PM
"Is it too cold for a walk? I'd suggest sparring but I think that would make things worse," he giggled. "But if you need to excuse yourself I understand. I can go back to reading until dinner."
"It's no bother. Might be fun. You're right, though. Maybe that's a thing for when we're bored. A safe thing for when we might be overheard."

His mouth opened slightly at Theo's question. He wrestled with the idea of answering it truthfully. How was he today? Theo was fully aware of how he was: one touch shy of snapping and pushing the man up against a wall. For once, he knew that Theo felt the same, and that somehow made it even worse. He exhaled slowly, wishing he wasn't such a weak man to this powerful force between them. "Wanting you. Badly," he signed. "Maybe we shouldn't be in here together."
Last post by GoblinFae - Today at 07:41:24 PM
"Embarrassed."

"You don't have to right now if you'd rather stay. I would like to learn one day though. Mane I should just read the book on my own time. Not bother you."

"How are you feeling today? Today is a good day?"
Fletch snorted. "I've just told you how bad it is sleeping in the hold. You know I don't give a damn about that. You really want to learn this? I can go grab that book from the piano room if you do. It's easier with a picture."
Last post by GoblinFae - Today at 06:46:37 PM
His eyes shifted back and forth as he signed. "There has been a lot of wind breaking I thought I was much safer in breaking."

Theo tilted his head and rubbed at his scalp in thought. "Nanny room I imagine. Know when the baby or child is crying or up to no good. More upset—" he stopped abruptly and waved his hand as if flicking the thought away.

"Teach me ship words then. Aft and starboard and port—I know them but not what they mean really. All the different parts or why you raise and lower sails."