Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

To Catch a Unicorn [DragonSong]

Started by Juno, June 03, 2016, 08:24:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juno

Kynton was surprised when he felt human hands clutching at his shirt, casting a curious look to Bella over his shoulder. He took her frozen form as fear, worry creasing his brow as he briefly looked her over. Something still seemed so different about her.

"It's alright," he murmured to her, worried for the unicorn and settling a hand to her arm as he watched the vampire rise to his feet out of the corner of his eye.

"There's nothing to fear, my dear," he directed to Bella, eyes still dark with hunger as his attention shifted to her odd companion again. "I'll see that you're moved to better rooms today."

Kynton just nodded, clamping down on the argument on the tip of his tongue. He was scared and a coward and if he said a damn thing he was worried he wouldn't be able to back it up if their host challenged him. He didn't want Bella to see him like that, see that he was just as afraid as she seemed to outwardly show.

"May we leave?" he mumbled, mostly just thinking out loud but startled when Akakios nodded and gestured towards the door.

"That would probably be best for her at the moment. My apologies, Belladonna," the vampire offered, bending into a short bow before stepping away and exiting out a separate door.

Kynton took a steadying breath, finally releasing some of the tension he hadn't realized had been there for the other man's presence. "I'm sorry about that," he muttered, having no idea which example of his cowardice he felt the worst about but knowing he felt the need to apologize as he turned to put an arm around her shoulders.

DragonSong

Bella quickly took the refuge offered by her friend's embrace, burrowing into his side and wrapping her arms tight around his middle.

Perhaps a human body was good for something. Hugs were not exactly something she could partake in when in her true form.

"Why are you sorry?" she mumbled against his shirt, shaking her head before lifting her face to look up at him. Silver hair shimmered in a soft halo around her, though the glow that usually surrounded her was certainly dimmer than was typical. She shivered slightly, a belated reaction to losing the warmth of her natural coat when she'd shifted into this frail, naked human form.

She cuddled against Kynton again, relishing his body heat.