Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Putty In My Hands (Solo)

Started by Eckhart_Von_Musel, December 22, 2017, 07:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Just when he thought his sister had changed, she did it again. Eckhart's heart sank like a stone, and he pulled away from Hildegarde angrily. "I can't." he said bitterly. "You know that."

The healer looked at his sister, his gaze cold. "Do you enjoy hurting me? Is that the real reason you brought me here?"

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Hildegarde's eyes widened. "No..." she said softly. "No, please..." The gang leader's breath grew shallow, and she buried her face into her hands. "Ecks please, I didn't- I didn't know..."

"I can't lose him! He's too important!"

She looked up at her brother, an apologetic grimace on her face. "I- I just thought it had been so long that- that you must have figured it out!" she said a bit too loudly. "I'm sorry! Just... just..." Hildegarde's eyes began to water. "Kaida told me-"

Eckhart_Von_Musel

"Kaida told you what?" Eckhart yelled. "That I'm not really a healer? That she wants me to surpass you? What the fuck did she say?"

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Hildegarde stood up, shocked by her brother's change in demeanor. "I... What? No!" she yelled back. "She told me you had were stronger than I thought you were! Never anything about surpassing me! Where are you getting this from?"

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Eckhart folded his arms, now feeling unsure of himself. "She visited me a few months ago. She said you two were working together, I just... Kinda figured you knew..."

The boy looked at his feet. "Sweet Ansgar, I'm really sorry I yelled..."

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Hildegarde sighed, letting her shoulders relax. 'Don't be. Honestly... I kinda deserved it." She shook her head, sitting back down next to Eckhart. She wrapped her arm around his shoulder, and gripped his hand in hers. "Did... She hurt you?"

"I told that scaly cunt to stay away from him! She is so getting chlorine'd next time I see her!"

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Eckhart held his sister's hand, glad for the comfort it brought. "No, she didn't hurt me."

"Except when I asked her to." the healer reminded himself. "She seemed to enjoy that..."

"She just wanted to... Train me? Or something?" Eckhart sighed. "I got her to leave eventually, I got upset and threw a pot at her..." The boy gripped his sisters hand tighter. "I've had nightmares where she comes back and kills me."

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Hildegarde stared at her brother, a grin spreading across her face. "Wait, you threw a pot at her? And then she ran away?" What had been silent laughter became giggling as the woman imagined the scene in her head. "Holy shit, that is too funny!"

Speaking through her nose, Hildegarde put on a passable impression of Kaida's voice. "Wait! Just let me corrupt you! Don't throw kitchenware at me, that's my only weakness!" She threw back her head in laughter. "Hahaha! Oh my god Ecks, that is the greatest thing I've heard all month!"

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Eckhart tried and failed to hold back his laughter. Doubling over, the boy snickered madly. "Ahahaha! Sweet Ansgar, you sound exactly like her!" he said, nearly running out of breath. "But- but you need to do the body language too!"

Eckhart forced himself to stop laughing, and gave his sister a crazed grin. He tilted his head to the side. "Now Hildegarde, I may be an all-powerful dragon, yes. However, spending time with healers and interrogating them on one-time patients is not beneath me in the slightest." the boy said in a high pitched, nasally voice. He tilted his head even farther. "You're misremembering things Cranberry, I never tried to kill you. Now, believe me when I tell you that you don't have healing magic."

Eckhart straightened his neck, grinning. "That's how you do Kaida."

Eckhart_Von_Musel

By the time Eckhart had finished, Hildegarde was in hysterics. She sunk into the couch, chest heaving. "Oh god Ecks, you gotta stop!" she said, wiping a tear from her eye. "I- I can't breath!" 

"Oh yeah... I don't actually need to breathe, do I?"

Still snickering, she punched her brother on the shoulder affectionately. "Eckhart, this is gonna sound stupid and shit but..." She looked the younger boy in the eyes. "I'm proud of you, man. Not everybody can say they've scared away a dragon."

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Eckhart pulled an ornate looking pouch out of his pocket, grinning. "I stole her wallet too."

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Hildegarde ran her hand through her hair, a stupefied grin on her face. "Wow. I'm... Wow." She blinked, looking at the coin purse. "Ecks, that is awesome. I haven't been this impressed since I found out Terry punched a-"

"Terry."

Hildegarde abruptly stood up. "Ohmygod!" she cried. "I'm supposed to be on a date with Terrence right now!"

"I can't let him think I forgot him! He'd never look at me the same way again!"

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Eckhart's eyes lit up as he quickly got out of his seat. "You have a boyfriend? Hilda, that's great!" He paused. "Um... You have some..." Eckhart motioned around his eyes. "Uh, your mascara..."

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Hildegarde gasped and quickly went to check in her mirror. "Fuck!" she yelled. "It took me an hour to get ready! I don't have time to re-apply it!"

The woman stormed into her bedroom, grabbing a damp cloth she had used while bathing that morning, and wiped off her face. Walking back into the living room, she looked into the mirror again. "I guess I'll just have to make do without it." She threw back her head. "Sweet Ansgar, this is awful!"

Eckhart_Von_Musel

"Nonono! Hilda, you look great!" Eckhart said hurriedly. "Now go! You're already late!"

"Oh Ansgar, this is so exciting! I wonder how long they've been going out for?"

The boy shooed his sister out the door. "Go!"

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Hildegarde turned to look at her brother before walking out the door. "Ecks, stay here. I'll have somebody here in a bit so you don't have to be by yourself, okay?" She gave the boy a hug, squeezing him tightly. "I promise we'll talk more when I get back, okay?"

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Eckhart returned the hug, grinning wildly. "It's really good to have you back, Hilda..." He broke the embrace, and shoved his sister out the door and into the hallway. "But you need to go or you'll be late!"

Eckhart_Von_Musel

"Alright, I'm going!" Hildegarde laughed. She shot her brother one last smile. "I'll talk to you later Ecks!"

With that, Hildegarde would run down the stairs. "Oh fuck, oh fuck! I can't believe I forgot Terry! I'm an awful person!"

The woman stopped in front of Room 215, poking her head through the door. "Yo Alderon!" she yelled. "Go hang out with my kid brother, he's in my room!" Not waiting for a response, Hildegarde would rush out of the building.

"I'm gonna do it today. After this fuck-up, I owe it to him."

~fin~

Tags: