Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Another One? {Eckhart}

Started by Celegwen, December 27, 2017, 07:03:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celegwen

Alderon smirked at Randal. "Don't worry, I'll be back. Practice checkers, yes? Perhaps, you'll be able to beat me, once I return."

He ignored the bitchy cat, not in the mood to get into yet another altercation with a feline. Meri looked at Eckhart's defeat, but decided to keep her mouth shut at the moment. She felt it was better to let things play out how they would when it came to his adjusting to Zantaric.

"I'm afraid not," Alderon said to Hildegarde. "I admit the timing isn't ideal, but it's something I can't afford to neglect. I know I've said it before, but with any luck, I'll be able to explain when I return."

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Hildegarde sighed, an understanding smile on her face. "Fair 'nuff, I suppose." she said almost wistfully. "We all have our secrets. You really do need to make your trip a fast one, though. Maybe Porcelina or Addie could get you there quicker?"

"Was Eckhart your secret, Lady Hildegarde?" Randal asked innocently. "Cause I didn't know about him 'till the dragon bullied him." 

Belladonna cackled, and Eckhart's eyes narrowed. "Wait... You never told anybody I existed?"

Hildegarde went red in the face. "It- it was to protect you!" she said quickly, eyes pleading with her brother's. "If my enemies had known, they'd have targeted you like Wasp did!"

Celegwen

"Thank you, Hildegarde," Alderon started, "but I can get there myself. I would rather no one knows where I am."

Meri shot the elf a sharp glare. "We're past you, okay?"

Alderon gave Meri a snarky look, then rolled his eyes. "Eckhart, your sister was right to do what she did," he said, thinking about his own secret. "In our line of work, you tend to make a lot of enemies. If anyone had known of your existence, trust me, you would've been dead long ago."

"You really have no filter, do you?" Meri said plainly. Alderon raised his brow with a lazy shrug.

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Hildegarde sighed. "Alderon, please don't scare him. He's had a long morning." She gave her brother an apologetic smile. "Don't take it personally. It's just... Standard practice."

Eckhart nodded, frowning. "R-right. I, uh, guess that makes sense..." The mangy cat meowed something Hildegarde couldn't understand, and Eckhart's face flushed. "Sh-shut up!" he whined. "Why do you always gotta tease me about that?"

Hildegarde's eyes lit up. "Wait, what did she say?" Upon seeing the panicked look on her brother's face, she grinned. "Oh... Is this about a girl?"

Eckhart's face couldn't be redder. "Oh come on! Not you too!" The cat purred, and the healer crossed his arms. "Oh, so now you want to talk to her?"

As Hildegarde laughed, Randal tugged at Alderon's shirt. "Hey, if I ask Taza, can I come with you? I promise I won't slow you down!"

Celegwen

Alderon's brow lifted again, that time in confusion. "Scare him?" He started. "I was being truthful!"

"Hey, blabby!" Meri snapped. "My roof, my rules, so shut it." Of course she knew that Hildegarde owned the building, but it was the point. Alderon could do and say whatever he wanted in his own apartment.

The elf huffed, looking at Randal who was pulling at his shirt. "Apologies, Randal," he said. "I'm afraid you can't come along. You know that this is a trip I make alone, so I can't bring you. Besides, you're a bright boy. Do you truly believe Taza would allow that?"

Meri watched the several interactions, resting on the healer's intense blush at his sister and cat's agreement on whatever was embarrassing Eckhart. What the hell is happening?

Eckhart_Von_Musel

"Come onnnn!" Hildegarde whined playfully, gently punching Eckhart's shoulder. "Let me talk to her! You're gonna have to let me sooner or later anyways!"

"Eckhart, I want to talk to her." Belladonna purred in agreement. "We have dragons and politicians and talking mirrors to discuss."

Eckhart buried his face in his hands. "Guys, come on!" he whined, his face beet red. "Cut it ouuuut!"

Randal giggled at the scenario unfolding before him before turning back to Alderon. "Yeah... I guess your right..." he said, the ghost of a smile on his face. "Just come back safe, okay? You're my favorite..."

Celegwen

"I always come back," he said, giving Randal a short grin.

He started out until a few key words caught his attention. The elf froze briefly, looking intensely at Eckhart, Bella, and Hildegarde. He let it a small huff. "Hildegarde, I'm going to retire for the day, and I'll see you when I return." His voice lowered slightly, so that Hildegarde would still be able to hear. "Dragons and politicians and...talking mirrors..." Alderon narrowed his eyes at the pink-clad woman. "Should be an interesting tale to hear upon my return."

Alderon quickly turned on his heel and walked out the door, closing it behind him. Meri furrowed her brows. She smiled at the others, though. A little more relaxed that the elf was out of her apartment.

Alderon practically sprinted back to his apartment, unlocking the door and closing it behind him. He walked into his bedroom, jumping slightly when he saw his sister still there. "You said you were leaving," he said.

"I changed my mind. Why do you look like you saw a ghost?"

He smirked. "Not important, Sel. If you'll excuse me, I have to finish packing. I'm leaving to see my wife and daughter tomorrow."

~ fin ~

Tags: