Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Skeptical, They Sang [Castle!]

Started by Zane, June 15, 2013, 09:38:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zane

Miem enjoyed the crowds, he loved the way he could sway them at a moments notice, from thunderous applause to boisterous laughter in little to no time at all. He had been performing in the square for most the afternoon. For a while he were playing little melodies to draw a crowd, then he would get bold, using his Denzien ability in coalition with some fancy, albeit faux, handwork to make it seem like he were playing many guitars at once.

It was nearing the hottest part of the day and so Miem decided it was time to disperse the crowd, but not before one last trick. Pointing to a little girl near the edge of the crowd. "What is your name sweetheart?"

"Elisha." Came the girl's soft reply.

"Do you like to sing Elisha?" Miem led on.

"Oh, very much Sir!"

"So sing something, something short, and I will make something amazing from it." And young Elisha did, She sung an old haiku in native serenian. Miem listened before looking to a woman that stood just behind the girl. "Can you mirror what she just sang?" The nodded and sand true the same lyrics. "Now the men in the audience! Sing the same verse." Then men were a bit skeptical, but they sang.

Putting together the varying tones and writing the music in his head very quickly. be pulled a director's baton from his pocket, setting the guitar aside. "I present to you, yourselves." Miem wound the music around himself using the baton is if he were directing a vast choir and orchestra. Everyone was taken aback, some even stepped back, wondering if they should be afraid of this strange magic. The song built in power with the use of instruments, a drumline in the back laying the beat. As the song came to a close, the crowd, which had suddenly grown quite larger, erupted into cheering. "Thank you all! You've all been wonderful!" Gently pushing past the crowds he made his way to the nearest tavern, The Denzien ability really makes a man thirsty.

CastlesInTheSky

Adriana had been walking through the street to go to the market when she heard a song drift through the air. She recognized the song, she'd heard it before. Curious, she had gone to see what it was and who; it sounded like many musicians were playing together.  There was a large crowd in the way, though; she couldn't see around them very well. She tried to peer around the people and began to make her way further in for a better view. It was nearing its finale, the notes powerful and striking each tone with precision. At the last flourish of notes she could finally see; it was only one man! She joined in the applause, though distracted now. She couldn't help but be curious as for how he'd done it. It have been magic, no doubt.

As the crowd began to scatter, she began to follow him. She lost him for a bit in the crowd but soon found him again, heading into a tavern. She entered, squinting in the dim light in order to find him properly. It only took a moment, she caught sight of him ordering a drink a bit aways. Walking timidly up to him and unsure of how to start the conversation, she said, "Hello...are you the one that was playing that song outside?" She was making an effort to seem a bit less timid than the was.

Zane

Inside the Tavern, everyone were in a buzz with the "Ghost Orchestra", once again it seemed that word of mouth spread faster then the word of god. Miem smiled as he walked up to the bar. "Hyoiti Sunrise please?" The Tavern keeper looked at him funny.

"We don't get many people asking for those around here. Coming up!" Drink in hand, Miem sat back to relax before being approached by someone, A girl in her late teens. Though due to her small frame she looked a bit younger. Miem decided to have a little fun. Mimicking the woman's voice to a tee, he said. "Indeed I am, The name is Miem Ick by the by. Pleasure to meet you."

CastlesInTheSky

She was surprised to hear her own voice being echoed back at her. She gave him a small smile, intrigued by the strange things that he could do. So he could make orchestras out of air and imitate a voice as dainty as hers; next thing she knew she'd learn he could fly.

"A pleasure to meet you as well, sir. I am Adriana." Her confidence was fading a little as she tried to do away with her shy nature and her voice quieted.

"Where did you learn to do that? With your voice?"

Zane

Miem looked at the young woman the a foux puzzled expression keeping his voice to match hers he let the joke play out a little while longer. "Whatever do you mean? do what with my voice? This is my voice! I got quite a bit of hell for it whilst I were younger, but I were scrawny back then. So I went to work in a mine, two summers later and now I'm quite the conundrum." He laughed heartily before letting his voic e take back is low and deep natural undertones.

"It's a Denzien ability, manipulation of sound, my grandmother was a Siren, I inherited her gift."

CastlesInTheSky

She laughed softly along with him, amusement in her eyes. What an entertaining man; he could do so many things and he had a sense of humour too. So he was related to a siren; that explained his manipulation of sound. She'd half expected him to tell her that an entertainer never reveals his secrets.

"I've never heard anything like it. It is very wonderful..." She trailed off, trying to find the right words. She knew she wasn't very good at conversation.

"So you've been able to do it since you were born? How lucky."

Zane

"Not really, Denzien abilities are immensely complex. I needed to get trained, when I first discovered my ability it were quite hilarious. At the time I was watching the local guard do some combat training by using drums to issue out commands. I was just drumming at the air with my fingers when all of a sudden it happened, it sounded like I were drumming on an actual drum. After that I went to live with my grandmother, she trained me whilst only trying to eat me three times." He said that last bit completely serious, a nostalgic chuckle in his eyes. he took a long swig from the brew. Strong liquor and orange juice filled his mouth, a wonderful burn the quickly found it's way downward.

"After a while I got to where I could control the ability quite well, I can mimic almost any sound I hear and can synthesis my own sound. But I went to work in a mine. and the rest is history."

CastlesInTheSky

She smiled at his story. Though, the fact that he almost was eaten by his grandmother was a bit...disconcerting. In another circumstance she wouldn't have believed him. But his grandmother was a siren, so it was understandable.

"A mine?" A little frown appeared on her lips. "It sounds like harsh work, sir." The formality slipped out of her mouth but she did not notice. Years of ma'ams and sir's to everyone she met were drilled into her.