Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Out of the Old, Into the Same(DragonSong!)

Started by JackieCat, February 12, 2016, 09:49:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackieCat

OOC: Sorry for the late reply! :P

IC: Throughout the rest of the day, Ishka got more accustomed to the running of the place, though she still felt out of sorts.

Dinner had come and gone, and though Ishka had brought out one plate, she had spent most of the time in the kitchen, for which she was grateful, she still felt quite nervous around Lord Mikhail.

It was now dark outside, and getting late, as Ishka was finishing up with her last chores.  She was walking down the hallway adjacent to Mikhail room, when she heard a noise. . .
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

DragonSong

"Gods all damnit," Mikhail grumbled, rubbing his bruised shin. Nose still buried in his book, he'd managed to walk himself into the edge of his bed with a rather loud thud.

JackieCat

Ishka wasn't really sure what to do right away.  If the thump had been a simple fallen book, there wasn't a problem, but it also could have been somebody falling on their head.  Ishka froze for a moment before realizing the obvious answer.

She went over and knocked on the door.  "Sir, are you alright?" she called out quietly, so not to wake the others in the house.

If she now got an answer, she would be able to go on her way, but if there was silence, she'd have to go in to see if he was okay, and not lying unconscious on the floor.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

DragonSong

Mikhail started at the knock and glanced at the door. The new girl. Great. He'd really rather not admit his own clumsiness. "I'm fine, I'm fine," he grumbled through gritted teeth.

JackieCat

Ishka heard his reply, but bit her lip, he sounded as if he was in pain.  He said he was okay. . . so she should leave, but what if he wasn't?

Ishks steeled herself and leaned forward towards the door.  "Are you sure, sir?"  she asked, wincing as her voice echoed slightly, she hoped he wouldn't get mad that she didn't leave right away, if he was alright, that is.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

DragonSong

He let out a sharp sigh. "Ah...actually- Ishka? Would you be so kind as to fetch me some ice from the kitchens?" he mumbled after a moment, hoping she wouldn't ask why he needed it.

JackieCat

Ishka bit her lip as he asked for the ice.  "I'll get it, sir," she said, and after hesitating for a moment, turned around and went downstairs to get the required items. 

She hoped he wasn't under-exaggerating and was really hurt.  If he ended up being really injured, and Ishka had only gotten him ice, she didn't think that that would be a good first impression for her first day on the job.

She got the ice and then started back upstairs, hurrying now.  When she got back to his room she knocked on the door. "I have the ice, sir," she said, then waiting for a reply.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

DragonSong

"Oh, thank you." He started to get up, winced, decided the image of him limping to the door was entirely too undignified, and called, "Would you mind bringing it in here then?"

JackieCat

This didn't sound good, if he couldn't even come to the door, it must be bad, right?  Ishka slowly opened the door and stepped into the room.  Lord Mikhail was standing by his bed, and seemed to be favoring his leg, well, at least it wasn't his head!

Ishka went over to him and handed him the ice.  Still uncomfortable, Ishka would have liked to leave, but maybe Mikhail was injured more than he was letting on.

"Can I help you any more, sir?" she asked.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

DragonSong

Mikhail gave a quiet sigh of relief as she handed him the ice and sat on the edge of the bed, pressing it to his shin.

"Thanks," he said with a quick grin. "You're free to go if you like, I'm fine."

JackieCat

Ishka turned to leave, and as she walked to the door she pondered if she should say what she wanted too, but would it bee to bold? 

When she got to the door she stopped and looked over her shoulder at Mikhail.  "If you need anything else, sir," she said, "I'll be in the kitchens."

With that she left the room, slowly closing the door behind her until it latched quietly.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

DragonSong

"Of course, thank you again," Mikhail called after her as she left, head tilting slightly to the side.

Odd little thing.