Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

I am the flea you cannot flick! [Aeyt!]

Started by Rhindeer, January 30, 2014, 12:47:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

...Oh. Owl had completely forgotten about her cape and clothes. Whoops.

Settling in on her horse, Owl took the reins and turned her filly around, showing that, indeed, she did know how to ride. She had been taught as soon as it was safe to put her in a saddle, for practical reasons. "I'm ready, but I still feel weird about this," she said as she trotted out of the stable and toward the road. "You're sure you'll get the horses back? That this is okay?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Aeytrious

"The horse trader that owns this stable is a Soot Wolf anyway," Rufus told Owl, "If anything happens to the horses, I'll pay for them, and he'll be satisfied." He heeled his colt into action, moving down the narrow side roads of the city. "Try to keep up Little Bird," and he was off. Galloping at speeds that a less skilled rider would find frightening, Rufus dodged through the streets with ease. He knew Arca as well as he knew his own face, and he lead his horse with complete confidence. He avoided the stone steps of many of the side streets, though in a few places he had to take them. He slowed only for the areas of the city where the cobbles needed to be replaced. He didn't want to throw a shoe, that would slow his horse down far too much. He enjoyed the wind blowing on his face, and he pulled down his eye patch to better view the road as he rode.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
ArjanDirkElijahGeldGulliusHiram
HerewardKheelanKurohanaLex
MalilaMelyndariaMowellesaQuinnlyn
SehrayanahTiberiusValencia
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

"He's a Soot Wolf? Why didn't you just say that?" Owl said with a relieved laugh, and when he took off, Owl heeled her filly and took off after him. That made it justifiable to her. If Rufus was the owner's boss, then surely they had an arrangement?

It was good enough for her.

Though Owl wasn't as skilled a rider as Rufus, she didn't fall too far behind. She didn't keep up with him, but she didn't let him get too far ahead, either, and that was fine by her; she wasn't about to race him through the streets and risk damaging the poor horse or breaking her neck. Wind whipping her hair around her face and fluttering the feathers of her mask, she couldn't help but smile, for it had been a while since she'd last rode, and gods, it was always such a freeing feeling.

She caught up to Rufus when he slowed, and she fell in close behind him. They were making good time, and it wasn't long before she could make out the finer buildings of the noble's district.

"I suppose I should start thinking up some good excuses, just in case they're there," she said, trotting her horse up beside Rufus. "Speaking of, ah...I, suppose now is as good a time as any to say..." She shrugged. "Thanks. For tonight, and everything."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Aeytrious

"No need to thank me," Rufus said with a grin, and a wink back in her direction. "It's all part of my master plan to show you, I'm just the kind of man you want to marry," he let a laugh bubble up from his chest. "I promise I'll be a good husband, Little Bird. I'll never leave you unsatisfied."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

Owl snorted and threw him a sidelong look. "That's not going to happen," she said with a laugh. "Engagement? Sure. Marriage? No. And certainly not consummation. Alas, there will always be one area in which you won't satisfy."

Aeytrious

Rufus only chuckled at Einin's response. He found her much more pliable than the front she put up. As far as he was concerned, it was only a matter of time. She was beautiful, and extremely stubborn, like Dylanna, but she was naive to the truths of romance. He rode on in silence, galloping over the fine paving stones of the rich part of Arca. As they crossed the main road he saw Einin's parents carriage, rolling on it's leasurely path home. He pointed at it to make sure she saw the cart, and took off at greater speed. His route would get them there faster, and the speed of the horses would only make it easier to beat the slow pace of the coach.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

Owl's heart leaped into her throat when she caught sight of her parents' carriage, and she spurred her filly on and picked up speed. Shit! Why couldn't her parents, at least once, be the sort of people that stayed out late and partied?

Keeping close to Rufus's horse, it wasn't long before they galloped up to the estate's gate. Quickly, Owl reined her horse in and swung down from the saddle. "That key of yours will be really convenient now!"

Aeytrious

"You mean the key I gave to you?" Rufus asked as he leaped from the back of his colt straight at the fence. His hands found the bars of the gate and he was up and over in a flash. Down he dropped from the top of the iron rods that separated Einin's gardened lawn and the narrow road that ran along the side of the estate. He was facing her now, waiting for her to enter, hoping she had the sense to keep the key and not leave it in her sparring garb.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

"Yeah...that key," Owl said slowly, shoulders slouching as realization sank in. "The key that's with my other clothes..."

She sank her face into her hand with a loud groan, marveling at her own idiocy. "I can't believe I--oh, never mind! Haha, forgot I crawled, anyway!"

Heading around the gate, she found the hidden space beneath the gate, obscured by plants, and belly crawled her way through. When she came back out on the other side, her front was covered in soil. The air was damp, and so it had gotten a little muddy between the afternoon and now. "But I really need that key. Er, hopefully it won't fall out...hey. Wait a minute."

Brushing the dirt from her front, it was then that it registered that Rufus was here, on the wrong side of the gate. Turning to glance behind her at the road, she turned back to Rufus and pushed him back toward the gate. "What are you doing? You need to go now!"

Aeytrious

Rufus couldn't help the blank stare that spread across his face. "Could you stop being absurd?" A Wolf leaped from the shadows and grabbed the reigns of the horses, leading them away. "There is an entrance to the tunnels under your house as there is under every noble residence in the city. Now hurry and move that perfect ass up your trellis before your parents arrive and see shadowy figures standing by the gate entrance." He turned from her then and ran toward the wall that her window looked out from. "Hurry Little Bird."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

"...Oh my gods. Are you serious?" And Rufus said it so casually, too! Just oh, by the way, every noble house has an entrance for Soot Wolves! Just so you know! "Every noble house? That's what's absurd. And not at all unsettling or anything..."

But even as she spoke, Owl jogged to the foot of her window, grabbed hold of the trellis, and climbed up to her window. With one hand, she pulled her window open and flopped inside, landing a little less gracefully than she could have and cursing when she got her floor dirty.

Aeytrious

Rufus enjoyed the view as Einin climbed the trellis. She likely did not expect him to follow after her but he wanted to chat a bit before he left. He heard her curse and popped his head in the room after her. "Silly Einin," he whispered. He rolled into her room, popping right to his feet and reached for the primper. A quick tap, and Einin was clean. He turned the small handle, in the opposite direction of how he did to make it a mirror, and the primper grew into a hairbrush. Rufus dragged it across the soiled areas on the floor, cleaning them up in an instant. After reducing it back down, he moved toward the door to Einin's room, and cracked it so he could see and hear out.

"Hurry and change girl. And don't forget to leave the illusions on your hickeys."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

Einin about jumped out of her skin when Rufus came in through the window after her.

"Ryk! Er, Rufus! You! What do you think you're doing?" she hissed, her heart beating fast in panic, because he was now in her room, and her parents would be home any moment, and this was insanity! Sure, it was nice that he took care of the dirt problem for her and all, but he really, really needed to not be here!

Still seated on the floor, she peeled off her boots. "You really need to leave!" she said, and tossed her boots at him without warning. "Put those by the wardrobe! And get out!" She pulled up a loose floorboard, stripped off her mask, and deposited it in the space below. "Like, now. Right now. If anyone catches you here--and not only that, but this is my room! You can't just be here, in my room!"

She scrambled to her feet and rushed to her mirror even as she berated him. A few quick adjustments, and her hair and eyes were their usual pink, the mark by her eye was restored, and her hickies were still--thankfully--concealed. She pulled her hair from its tail so it fell about her shoulders and spun around to face him again. "Why are you still here?! If you think I'm changing with you here, you're mad!"

Changing screen or not, she was not about to do that with a man present. Especially Rufus.

Aeytrious

"Young lady, you do not have time for this," Rufus said in a harsh whisper. He picked up the boots and hurried them off to the wardrobe. "Last summer, when your family went on holiday, before I knew you, obviously, I explored your house. There are a few secret chambers and passages, not many, but some. One in this very room, old, and unused for it seems a few generations. Now get behind that screen, and put on your night clothes. If I wanted to peak at you, you'd never know I was doing it." He returned to watch for her parents at her door. "If your mother or father arrive, I'd like to have time to hide, so we can continue our conversation before I depart." He looked over his shoulder at her for a moment before putting his eye back to the crack. "Where's Jarrett? I've been with you all night so I've not received a report on his movements."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

"That it not making me feel better about this!" Einin said, throwing up her hands. "That means you could peek now, and I wouldn't know! If that--and people exploring my home when I'm gone!--is supposed to make me feel better about this, I don't know what to tell you!"

Though she was interested in knowing about those passages...

She crossed her arms over her chest and set her jaw. "As for Jarrett, I haven't the slightest idea. Maybe here, maybe not. I've been gone all day, same as you. Now do you mind?"

Aeytrious

"I think you're failing to see that I am planning on exiting through your basement, where the sewage access is. Like in the manse that burned down," Rufus looked at Einin with a tired expression, "You have my word that I will not peek. And once I know your parents are safely off to bed, I will show you the secret room attached to yours." As he spoke to her, a servant came around the corner down the hall. He closed the door fast and quiet, and rushed for her wardrobe. "Someones coming damn it. I told you to hurry." He climbed quickly climbed inside, closing the doors as he slid behind her clothing. "I feel like a fool," he mumbled to himself. She'd likely agree had she been able to hear him.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

Biting back a curse, Einin flew for her bed as Rufus rushed to the wardrobe. Tearing back the covers, she dove between the sheets and pulled them to her chin right as a servant stepped inside the room, carrying a fresh water basin for the morning and towels to clean and dry her face. The servant moved quietly, obviously trying not to wake Einin, and then she was gone, the door shut behind her.

Einin laid there several seconds longer, just to be sure she was gone. Then, letting out a relieved breath, she slipped back out of bed and headed for the wardrobe.

Opening it up, she smirked when she found Rufus, looking utterly silly all squished up inside, with several dresses, shifts, and nightclothes hanging over his face. With a shake of her head, Einin covered her mouth so as not to laugh. "You look ridiculous," she said. "But it's clear now, I think...wait."

She froze, for she heard noises outside--the sounds of horses, and the crunch of stone and dirt beneath wheels. Her body tensed. "I think they're home," she whispered, and with a curse under her breath, she snatched her nightgown from where it had settled atop Rufus's head.

"Peek, and I'll give you a reason for that eye patch," she told him as she made for the screen and slipped behind it. She tossed her Owl clothes and her bindings over the screen, for they would be joining the mask, and moments later she emerged in her nightclothes, a long white nightgown trimmed with lace and tied at the front with a ribbon.

She rubbed her ribs, because she had gone a little longer bound than she should have, and she was feeling it now. Collecting the clothes, she shoved them under the floor board, and then climbed into her bed again, tugging the blankets up and listening hard.

Aeytrious

Rufus kept his word and did not peek out at Einin. From where he was, it was unlikely he would have been able to see her anyway, behind that screen. He sat, listening to her change, listening to her place her costume in it's hiding place. He heard the creak of her bed as she climbed in. There was silence for a while then, until he heard something from outside her window. Someone was climbing the trellis. Likely it was his Soot Wolf, bringing the feathered cape. Horrible timing. Hopefully they would wait, hanging outside. Likely they heard the Beirne's return home, and would make sure they were clear before bringing the cloak in. It would not be good if they were caught in the room when her parents arrived.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

It was several long minutes later before Einin heard the sound of her mother's laughter and her parents' combined footsteps as they walked down the hall toward their quarters. She could hear her father grumbling something, and it sounded like her mother was playfully chastising him. Their footsteps soon passed her room, but Einin still remained frozen, and hoped Rufus would stay put, too.

Because several minutes later, her mother came to her room and cracked the door open to check on her, and Einin "sleepily" cracked her eyes open and looked up at her with a smile. She yawned, stretched. "Have fun?"

Anya chuckled and shook her head. "I hope we didn't wake you. Your father...ah, you know how he gets around his friends. He drank a little much. Sorry we left so abruptly, love. It was rather spur of the moment, and I know you were busy."

That was putting it lightly. Einin yawned again and nuzzled into her pillow. "I had some reading to catch up on, anyway."

With a gentle smile, Anya kissed her forehead and retreated. "I'll let you go back to sleep, love," she said, and shut the door behind her.

When her steps had faded away down the hall, and several more minutes had passed, only then did Einin sit back up. "Clear," she said.

Aeytrious

At her signal Rufus gently pushed open the wardrobe as a Soot Wolf climbed in through the window. Rufus crossed to him and took the offered cloak, along with a rolled parchment. The Wolf quickly exited the way he came and Rufus tossed the cape to Einin as he pulled open the scroll and read it quickly. He pulled a tinder twig from some hidden place and lit the edge of the note on fire as he strode to Einin's chamber pot. He let the ash fall into the brass pot, and then dropped the remains in as well. Rufus then crossed back toward Einin and sat in what looked to be her reading chair.

"So, you have a good night?"
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey