Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

I am the flea you cannot flick! [Aeyt!]

Started by Rhindeer, January 30, 2014, 12:47:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

"Really..."

Einin glanced out the window, feeling suddenly uncomfortable. Because he was right; there was a trend of nobility not caring about the poor, and she didn't particularly like it, but she'd also never really had to think about it much. She wanted to become a knight so she could help and protect people, and because she felt more at home behind a sword than at a party, but...was she going after the wrong people?

This sounded downright charitable. Heroic, even.

But then she remembered those men that had been robbed and died, and her heart clenched. Nope. Criminals often wanted you to believe they were doing the right thing, right? That was what they did. Crime was still crime. Even if it was to fight crime? And...assist...the guard...?

She rubbed her temples, abruptly confused, but was saved from commenting further when they pulled up to the tavern and came to a halt. Straightening up a bit too eagerly, she jumped to her feet.

"Ah! We're here!" she said with a wide grin, and didn't wait for the doorman before she hopped out of the coach. "Hurry up! I need a strong drink after all that."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Aeytrious

Ryk stepped off the coach after Einin, and entered the Lifeless Lech on her heels. The bouncers were about to stop the young 'boy' when Ryk signaled that he was his companion. The Lifeless Lech was in a dangerous part of Arca, and it's exterior reflected that fact. It was just as run down looking and dirty as all the other buildings on the street. Inside however, the multifaceted business was brightly decorated and full of life. A full band of bards played on a raised stage on the eastern wall, in front of which, was a modest dance floor. A long bar ran along the northern wall, lined with high-backed stools, stocked with an impressive collection of alcohol, and decorated with an even more impressive mirror. The central area over to the western wall was filled with tables for diners and drinkers alike. Working girls milled about, finding johns, and coaxing reluctant patrons into buying more. The myriad smells of cooking food, booze, burning tobacco, and perfumed doxies, swirled in the air as the two newly arrived patrons made their way inside. The music was loud, and the tables were full - all but one. A coin and a nod to the host of the establishment had Ryk and Einin being led to that table, which was always reserved for him.

"My friend Tanin and I will each have a mug of the special brew," Ryk handed the host a few more coins as they sat, "we'll also have the venison, mutton, and coney with chips and boiled cabbage."

Ryk looked to Einin. "Hope you're hungry Tanin," he said with a wink.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
ArjanDirkElijahGeldGulliusHiram
HerewardKheelanKurohanaLex
MalilaMelyndariaMowellesaQuinnlyn
SehrayanahTiberiusValencia
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

"Whoa..."

As Einin headed inside with Ryk, she could honestly say she had not been expecting this! Maybe she should have, considering "Ryk" was a bit of a fop, but considering the bad location and the shady name, she'd figured it would be equally dingy inside. Inside, though? It was lively! Full band and everything. Without meaning to, she gawked--and simultaneously tried not to sneeze as her nose was assaulted with so many competing smells.

Fortunately, she didn't get so distracted as to forget to practice her more masculine stride.

"After that work-out? I'm starving," she said as she took her seat. She flashed Ryk a grin, pleased that he was playing along with her act. Tanin, eh? Clever!

"You know, this place is surprisingly nice. It's not nearly so shady as the name made me think. And look! They even have a dance floor! It can't be all that bad if it's got a dance floor and great music."

A woman came by then, a foaming mug in each hand, and set them down on the table in front of them. She leaned down a little, hands on the table, and looked them both over in turn, a pleasant smile on her lips. But Einin couldn't help the way she pressed her arms inward to push her amble breasts out even more, so they looked about ready to spill out of her low top. How were they even staying in?

"Can I get ya anything else while yer waitin'?" she asked with a sly smile and a tilt of her head, but her eyes were all on Ryk. Einin took a swig of her drink and tried not to snort.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Aeytrious

"Hi Trixie," Ryk gave the hetaira a wink, she was a wily one. Smart as her face was pretty. "My friend Tanin here, has never been to a brothel before," it was good to have a distraction to deflect Trixie from himself. She was a bit too inquisitive for Ryk's tastes. Of course, Rufus utilized her talents at getting information from her clients. "Perhaps you could send over one of the younger girls to say hello? Lulu, or Sally maybe?"
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

Trixie's smile grew, lighting up her face with its brilliance. She gave him a knowing look and a wink, and gave Einin a sidelong glance. "You got it, sugar," she said, and sashayed off to fetch a girl or two.

Einin's face was flushed. Eyes wide, she leaned in close to Ryk. "Hold up. You brought me to a brothel?"

She'd figured where they were going, it would be a seedy tavern with maybe the odd working girl or two, and that people might take advantage of the tavern's rooms. But a full-blown actual brothel? The distinction was huge in her mind! A tavern might have people buying sex, but it wasn't its entire purpose, and there would be regular old folks there. A brothel? That was the main thing being sold, and that's what everyone was there for!

So they thought she was there to...to...

She watched as Trixie approached another, younger woman and whispered into her ear, pointing at their table. Oh jeez. Her ears burned and before she could say more, said woman headed to their table. She had black hair, fair skin, dazzling green eyes, and the gait of a dancer--really, she was enviously gorgeous--and as she approached, she placed a light hand on Einin's shoulder.

"I heard this is your first time," she purred with a smile, and Einin kind of wanted to throttle Ryk. "How are you liking it?"

But she pushed the urge away. She was supposed to be practicing.

She put on a winning grin. "Oh, it's my first time in a brothel," she said, leaning an arm back on the backing of the chair. "But it's not my first time."

Aeytrious

Ryk was thoroughly amused by Einin's performance. He'd let her contend with that for a while, as he observed her, and the room around them. The Lifeless Lech was not just a brothel, it was a hub for Soot Wolf activity. Rufus held the deed for the property, and most of the girls were on his personal payroll, as were the musicians and the bartenders. It was time for a report, so it was convenient to bring Einin here for her chance to finally let loose. It was also a part of his plan to get her at ease with him. In time, the familiarity and comfort between them, plus the eventual engagement, would give him an in to seducing her. He felt a little guilty. She had little chance, and her heart would probably get broken. He might actually convince her to marry him though, and bare his children. He wouldn't hold her back, and her nobility would be useful to him. It was mutually beneficial. At this time though, he would just watch her.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

Lulu, as it turned out, wasn't nearly so scary as she'd first seemed. In the beginning, Einin had felt a little unsettled and off balance, because she was gorgeous--and that sort of beauty was intimidating!--and she was a prostitute--equally intimidating! Lulu, though? As it turned out, she was a rather sweet woman with a pretty laugh, and she knew how to carry a conversation. She also hadn't once been pushy.

Of course, she also hadn't let Einin's mug go empty.

And true to what Einin had said earlier, she hadn't let the mug stay full, either. Nope. She'd come here with the intention of letting loose, and so with Ryk's blessing, let loose she did.

Several mugs of the 'special brew' later, and Einin was drunk. It didn't take much. The stuff was stronger than she was used to, and very much not watered down.

And so it was that somehow, sometime during her conversation, she wound up with Lulu in her lap. The woman was only a little smaller than her so it was a bit awkward, but Einin only flashed Ryk a teasing, triumphant grin and didn't push her off. She wasn't wasted, but she was definitely drunk enough that her boundaries were less rigid and more flexible. And she figured, hey, she must be pulling the act off well enough!

Petting the woman's long hair (she didn't know why, really, it was just so soft and pretty) she shook her head. "You're way too pretty for this job, Lulu. Pretty and nice. Y'know that? You're better than this. So that's why when I'm a knight--which is a thing I'm doing, by the way, I forget if I told you. Anyway, when I'm a knight, I'll getcha outta this!"

"Oh? You will?" Lulu said, an amused smile on her lips. Einin had indeed told her that she planned on becoming a knight. She had told her at least five times, not counting this time. But Lulu was used to drunken rambles and drunken promises. "Charge in on a white horse and whisk me away from here?"

"Yup! Oh, except I don't know if the horse'll be white. I mean, it could be any color. That doesn't really matter. But the whisking. Whisking will happen."

"I like the sound of that," Lulu said, and slyly cuddled in closer. Einin blinked, stiffened a little, but promptly relaxed, and flashed Ryk another grin as though to say, 'look whose got the ladies now?' Teach him to make fun of her man-walk. "So you'll whisk me away. Where will we go?"

"On an adventure, of course!" Einin laughed, for she hadn't thought that far ahead.

Lulu leaned in close, close enough Einin could feel her warm breath against her ear. "We could go on an adventure now, you know," Lulu whispered, and with a secretive smile she rose to her feet and offered her hand. "Would you like to join me?"

Einin was up in a heartbeat--and the fast motion, which got her blood rushing, nearly made her topple over. She grabbed onto the table for balance. Wow. She hadn't even felt drunk until she stood up! Now the world was moving independently of her. "Hah! Sure! Let's go! See ya, Ryk! Me and my new friend Lulu are going on an adventure."

And she stuck her tongue out at him, snapped a mock salute, and offered her arm to the lady like a proper gentleman would.

Aeytrious

Ryk looked at Einin's expression, her tongue of triumph, and his face quirked into an expression of amusement. He turned to Lulu, and gave her a very tame smile.

"Sit the boy down Lulu, and come here. I have a spot on my lap just for you." He patted his thigh and gave her a wink. "Tanin, has not a coin on his person, all the jingle hangs from my hip." Would you like to help me count it?" Ryk gave Einin his own triumphant look. Lulu, may think Tanin pretty, but every working lady of the night valued coin above pleasure.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

"What? Ryk!" Einin whirled around on him and just about fell over when the world turned violently with her. She grabbed onto Lulu's arm for support. "Ryk, you are being absolutely cross! Crass! One of those! How dare you talk to a nice lady like that. And interrupt our adventure. That's rude. C'mon, Lulu, who needs him."

But Lulu only gave her a sweet smile and a peck on the cheek. "We'll pick up that adventure when you've got a little coin!" she said, and winked. "It's a paid excursion, I'm afraid. Come now, let's sit you back down, honey. Easy does it!" she said as she lead Einin back to the table and sat her back down.

And then, promptly, she made her way over to Ryk and plunked herself into his lap with a girlish giggle.

Einin glared at Lulu, and then at Ryk. "Traitor," she huffed. "I was about to do my first heroic deed, you know. I was gonna rescue her!"

Aeytrious

"Rescue her?" Ryk asked with an amused grin, "by letting her take you upstairs to her room? By showing her how well you perform in bed when you're falling over drunk? Silly Tanin, the only rescue she'll get from you now is one where you fall asleep drunk on her bed and have to pay for sex without getting any." Ryk let out a small laugh. "Perhaps you should let a bit of the ale burn off before you take one of the ladies up stairs. That way when I pay for your time with her, I can feel confident that you got your monies worth."

Ryk stroked Lulu's hair gently, and tickled his fingers along her neck. "So Lulu, lovely girl, how long have you been here at the Lech?" Of course Ryk knew she had been here for just under two months, but it was a good opportunity to show Einin how to lead the conversation, "and how did such a beauty, escape parents and men that would keep her from the freedom of this line of work?"
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

Einin blushed at that. Really, she was blushing because she was just now realizing what Lulu had meant about 'adventures', but the timing was right enough that it looked like she--"Tanin"--was blushing about the little insult.

So she tried to work with that.

"Pfft, I'm not that drunk, man!" she said, crossing her legs, knee resting on her ankle, and one arm hanging over the chair's back. "It's only when I stand up that's a problem, so laying down wouldn't be!" And then she laughed at her own "joke", which sounded awfully clever right then.

Right then, though, Lulu had eyes only for Ryk. She giggled politely, but then turned her attention back to the money source and tilted her head into his hair stroking with a little purr of enjoyment. "Oh, when you're a wild heart, you have ways of avoiding capture," she said with a sly smile as she trailed a hand up his chest. "Me? I ran away some two months ago. And I kept running until I found my place here. Ain't been tamed yet, but every now and then..."

She leaned in to brush soft lips against Ryk's ear, fingers plucking at the front of his shirt. "...I let myself be captured."

Einin's eyebrows raised. This was...she felt kind of like she was watching something she shouldn't be, but she was supposed to be Tanin, so was she supposed to like...look away, or keep watching, or what? She was too drunk for that kind of decision. Instead, she coughed into her hand and cleared her throat.

"Sorry. Something, uh, went down the wrong way or--wait. Lulu? You sayin' you wanna work here?"

Lulu blinked and raised her head, then gave a pleasant smile. "Of course. I wouldn't be here otherwise!"

"But I was gonna rescue you..." There went that.

Aeytrious

"Lulu my sweet," Ryk said, addressing his lap candy, "would you be so kind as to get me a deck of cards. I'd like ones with painted ladies. Be sure all the cards are there before you pay." He pressed a silver coin into her hand. She planted a kiss on his cheek before she rose, and as she was walking away, Ryk gave her a strong smack on her behind. He turned to Einin, and looked at her with a bemused expression as food was piled on the table before them.

The Lech was a bit busier than usual tonight, so it had taken a bit of time for his food to be prepared. Not to mention they always made his orders fresh. He likely spent more money here than any other patron. Owning the place as Rufus though, did soften the blow. The profits, and information, far outweighed the expenses.

"I think it's a good idea you fill your stomach well if you plan to drink more," Ryk said to Einin. "Put a few drops of this into your next ale," he handed the girl one of his potions, "It'll help clear your head."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

Well. This was...certainly an interesting new world, that was for sure! Einin met Ryk's look with a disapproving look for slapping Lulu's bottom, even though Lulu didn't seem to mind--in fact, her laughter pointed to the opposite. It was completely baffling to Einin, who couldn't fathom letting someone treat her so, but also kind of absurdly funny in her current state. It was so different from what she was used to.

With the food piled in front of them and fresh ale on the table, Einin took a long sip of her ale--while taking the potion from Ryk with her other hand. Setting her mug down, she wiped foam from her lip. "Don't that defeat the whole purpose of drinkin'?" she asked, words beginning to slur together, before she dug into the venison.

Buuut he was kind of right. There was that whole issue of how she'd feel tomorrow, and the whole issue of not wanting her parents to know what she'd been up to, which they would if she didn't take the potion. And so after a few bites of food, just long enough to be a little stubborn, she uncorked it (though it took several tries) and shook a few drops into her ale before taking another long sip of it.

The difference wasn't enormous, but it did clear her head a little. It no longer felt so fogged, and the world no longer felt so spinny. Oh, she was still tipsy, but her head at least worked now. "Ahaha. This is so weird. Ryk, I'm literally drinking to get less drunk."

Aeytrious

Ryk pulled a throwing dagger from his boot and began carving into the mutton. He loved the texture of the lamb as it melted in his mouth. He'd have his fill of the rabbit and dear as well, but he couldn't wait to eat the mutton with baked apples and boiled cabbage.

"Try not to talk so loud Tanin. I don't advertise my magics." He stuffed a bite of a potato in his mouth with the partially chewed mutton, apple, and cabbage that was already in there. He did not display the best manners while in the Lifeless Lech, but nobody her was concerned with etiquette. "Eat up boy."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

Though it felt a little wrong to be eating without utensils at first, but Einin took to it quickly--because it was fun. It felt nice to just get to let it all go for a time and not have to worry about being all  proper, and once she saw how Ryk was eating his meal, she took to it easier. If it was okay for him, it was okay for her!

Besides, she was a guy. Guys didn't pluck at their food all dainty-like. So, realizing she was kind of handling her food cautiously and picking at it with her fingertips, she shrugged and dug in, tearing the meat apart and stuffing her face.

"Sorry," she said, quieter, around a bite of apple. Whoops. She hadn't noticed her raised volume. Then again, it was loud inside so it felt like she had to practically shout to hear herself. She glanced around them as though to check that no one had overheard, and then returned her attention to Ryk. She swallowed before she spoke again.

"This better? Hey, speaking of better, this is pretty good!" A bit of juice trickled down her wrist, and she licked it off before it could get too far. "Definitely not a bad place for a brothel, though that dance floor is looking awfully lonely..."

Aeytrious

Ryk watched Einin eat, and it was amusing. He had mastered the art of eating this way. He looked dashing even now, not a drip of juice or gravy escaping him. How a man could eat with such lack of grace and yet appear to have everything under control, with cheeks slightly bulging even, was a feat for the ages. Ryk was truly an artist, in everything he did. Lulu returned as he was scooping coney and carrots onto his plate with his dagger. She set the deck of cards next to his elbow. The girl gave him a kiss on the cheek as he slipped her another silver coin, then pranced away to find a man to proposition. The cards were bound by a piece of twine, and Ryk hoped Lulu could count well enough to have gotten a full deck. Drinking and whoring wasn't all he enjoyed. He doubted Einin would be up for five finger fillet, so cards would have to do. She had nothing to bet, but it was more a distraction for others as he watched the room.

"When we're done with the food, we will play cards," Ryk sucked the fat of the rabbit from his fingers, and somehow, without effort, made it look sexy. "Do you know the game of Caravan?" He pulled another deck from his own pocket and set it next to the one Lulu had fetched. "If not, I will teach you."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

Where Ryk was neat, Einin was a hot mess, her hands greasy--and even having spilled a little ale down her front when she missed her mouth. Of course, being tipsy didn't help matters, either. She wasn't trying to be messy. How Ryk could pull it off without a drop out of place was...mystifying.

She suspected the primper was at work. Or something.

Equally mystifying, though, was how he could make finger-licking look...so...

Einin stared. If she weren't tipsy, she would have caught herself staring and broken the trance, but instead she just watched him, intrigued, a piece of mutton half raised to her parted lips. How did...? Why was...? And how was that attractive?!

She jumped when he spoke, abruptly realizing he'd been saying things, and her face colored. "What? Oh, uh." She shoved the meat in her mouth. "Caravan? Nope. Never heard of it. Never got to play many card games." Her mother always claimed it was gambling, and gambling was a terrible vice.

Aeytrious

Ryk pulled another dagger from some hidden spot and used the two blades together to cut away a piece of the venison, and serve himself more of the potatoes that came with it. Another serving girl soon brought him another mug of the special brew, and a took a few of the empty dishes away with her. Soon he was full and he snapped for service. Trixie herself came over at his call, and she leaned in, in her usual manner, to receive whatever orders he had for her.

"I want everything remaining," he motioned at the remaining feast with one of his daggers, "wrapped in waxed parchment and delivered to the usual place."

"Of course Master Handelaar," Trixie beamed, "so kind of you to feed the little orphans." She was sure he must have some ulterior motive. The rich rarely did anything kind for the poor without it benefiting them. Ryk Handelaar couldn't be the exception, especially not when he was here whoring so often. Why he would never take her services though, baffled her. She was the most requested girl in the place. If she get something good on Ryk, Rufus would be so thrilled with her. Nobody ever got anything on Ryk Handelaar, as much as the Red Wolf encouraged it. She signaled for some other girls to come help her cart the food away to be wrapped and delivered. They would be prompt too. Once, a kitchen worker had kept the food for himself. Ryk Handelaar came into the kitchen the next night and cut off the man's thumb himself. Nobody knew how he'd found out about the theft, but they never stole from him again.

When all the food but Einin's plate had been taken away, Penny, a girl too young to take a room upstairs, brought over a still hot peach pie. Ryk cut into the crust to let some steam escape, and then began shuffling the deck Lulu had acquired for him.

"You gonna work on that food much longer Tanin? You seem to have a proclivity for eating like a lady. A messy lady, but just as slow as all the rest."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

"Feeding orphans...?" Einin repeated slowly, watching the food get taken away. It was like he was trying to prove to her what a good guy he was! First everything he'd done for her, all his talks about his more noble acts, and now he was feeding orphans. As the table emptied, the food turned flavorless in her mouth. She wanted to gorge herself on the rest, but now she just felt guilty, like if she ate more she would be depriving some orphan from a meal!

Besides, that was also when the pie came out. And how could she focus on her meal when there was pie?

Swallowing down what was left in her mouth, she pushed her plate aside and lightly kicked Ryk under the table.

"I'm sorry if I actually want to taste the food I'm scarfing down!" she said with a teasing grin, though she took that as her cue to eat faster next time. She licked her fingers clean of juice and bits of food and waved down another girl to take her plate. "If you wolfed that down any faster, you might as well have been eating off the floor."

And her grin grew as she stared at him expectantly and waggled her eyebrows, hoping he caught the joke.

Aeytrious

Ryk caught her joke, and only gave Einin the slightest of grins as he shook his head at her. He'd love to see how ridiculous she got if she was truly inebriated. Perhaps some drunken sex was in order. After he had taken her maidenhead while she was fully in control of course. It was never a good idea to exploit a woman's loss of control due to intoxication if she wasn't already on the record as being willing. Tonight would not be the night for that. Einin needed a little more time to warm up to him before he could convince her to join him in bed.

Ryk drew Einin's attention to the cards, and demonstrated how to shuffle them a few times. He did it slowly and rotated his hands so she could get multiple angles on the process. She was bright, surely she could catch the technique quickly enough to not look like a total novice. Most men knew how to shuffle cards. Well, most men dressed as she was now. He passed the cards to her and began shuffling his own deck quickly, and precisely. He loved this game, and once she could shuffle decently, Ryk would explain the rules.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey