Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Late Kiss Goodbye {M}

Started by visualspice, May 09, 2014, 12:09:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

OOC: This thread takes place after this one.

Pissed was an understatement. And confused, hurt and swindled didn't do her justice either as she sat in her room, a single candle lit as she fumed over a letter she scratched with a quill drenched in ink and tried to figure out just what she wanted to say. But what could she say? These last few weeks were a landslide of emotions. First Samuel was kidnapped, then the journey to rescue him, she meets with some criminal her father knew in secret and then that same man turns out to be Ryk Handalaar, who rescued both her and her son's lives and stole her heart so many years ago.

And perhaps he might have stolen it again, had their sudden, quiet engagement not just... 'ended' the way it had; which had started off like a wild flame,  now sputtered into a soured puff of smoke. Where as before she had been afraid what would ever to happen if she truly fell for a man like Ryk, now it seemed all of her nightmares were coming true, for not two days back and there's rumors floating all over the place about Mr. Handalaar and some young noble girl. And try as she might to try to ignore them, it pained her so to think he might have used her, for whatever reason he had. He was also the leader of a group of thieves, or whatever they were. These Soot wolves... maybe he was nothing but the wolf of his alter ego's name! But oh, how she had believed him! How she wanted his confession of love to be true! And though part of her had been relieved when it all had happened, she was now wracked with anxiety over far too many things.

And they had parted in the worst of ways, where she wasn't even able to speak to him, or of him, or of this moment, or that he was Samuel father's the entire road home. She had been sick more than once over this, and due to her disappearance and illnesses, her business began to feel the effects of her emotions, and profits dropped considerably.

Little did she know other things might have been in play here, that one fluke sunken ship might not have been an accident, and a few caravans exporting goods were raided intentionally, rather than an incident of weather, as it had been documented. But she had little time to consider this, or the things that were festering beneath the surface unknowingly due to her actions- and that of the mysterious red wolf.

And as she stared at the page of paper now before her, with so many angry words scribbled in ink, she crumpled up the thing and threw it into the fire. The flames grew brighter and flared with heat as she leaned over it, a hand now draped over her green eyes as she choked back a few sobs from where she leaned against the hearth. Why did she have to have feelings for him? Why did it have to be Ryk? And how had it come to be that he know knew her most vulnerable secret? And how was she even to touch on that? Samuel had asked for days about how his father was doing, but she encouraged him to be patient, he would come.

But that was weeks ago. And even Samuel stopped asking about him, as if that whole time away was some sort of a bad dream. Though she worried for her son, and tried to ignore that time herself, but the nightmares would come.. for both him, and for her, so many nights they had spent together in the same bed. Tonight was the first night out of a string of them when he had fallen asleep in his own bed, too exhausted after an evening of play. Lightning lay at his feet, and Dylanna had watched him sleep sweetly before kissing the top of his forehead and wishing him and his wolf pup goodnight.

And now it was raining, and she, agitated beyond all belief. So when she stormed off and began to tear off her clothes behind the changing screen, she hadn't noticed the figure looming in the shadows. Boots had come off first, then her shirt, pants until she was in nothing but in her under garments that encased her soft, tanned body in a nearly translucent white shift.  And the way the candle light danced across the wall, it made the attire scandalously translucent, and it was when she reached for the fastings that she heard a sudden creak in the floor board.

Dylanna went still, holding her breath as her shirt as half peeled off, almost nearly exposing herself. Then she saw the shadow, and her heart was in her throat. Green eyes looked around desperately, but all she saw was a gilded letter opening beside her desk. She'd have to run for it, but she'd have to take the risk. Leaping out from behind the changing screen, she dashed across the wooden floors. She saw the shadow move, it was swift, something glinted and then the letter opener was in her hand. Whirling around on her bare feet, she held out her weapon in a dangerous fashion, pointing it directly at the fiend in her room.

OOC: Tags to Aeyt!
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Aeytrious

Weeks on the road when all he wanted was to be home with her, Ryk was exhausted. He was Ryk now. The Glint Hawks and Rufus were pushed to the side, and Einin was safe for now. She was strong, and there were Wolves protecting her always. It was not often that Ryk Handelaar, wealthy merchant, crept so through the dark. It was important that Rufus and Ryk be kept separate though, so he wore his fine clothes, the hilts of his fine blades shining on his hips.
        Dylanna was likely angry at his absence, but there had been unforeseen complications. She'd understand. She may be stubborn and quick to anger, but she was smart. She could be pissed as long as she wanted, as long as she understood and believed the truth. Though truth be told, he made this trip only partly because he missed her and their son. There had been attacks on her business, he'd have to find out who it was and deal with them, violently.
        His fingers easily found cracks in the wall as he climbed to her window. He'd seen a light on from the distance, and knew Dylanna was likely awake. When he saw her there, at her desk, writing, at first he thought perhaps she was working, but with the anger in her scribble, and the vehemence with which she threw the crumpled sheet into the flames, he knew it was probably related to him. Such arrogance. All her anger was not necessarily due to him.
        She was undressing now, behind the screen, it was time he entered. The thought of her nude body, made him ache to be closer to her, now, without delay. Love and lust burned in his chest and his loins, and it urged him forward carelessly. A board creaked, a board he knew to avoid, but he wasn't thinking clearly. She froze, and he did too. She was likely terrified, he felt a fool. As Ryk was about to call out to her she moved, quickly, toward the dull letter opener. Not much of a weapon, but anything will do if you have the will to use it. He moved quickly to try and catch her. He didn't want her to call out. Her servants would come with haste, and he wanted nothing more than to hold her in solitude.
        Dylanna was just a bit too far for Ryk to catch her. She turned, pointing the dagger at him. The candle, behind her, allowed him to see clearly through her shift, but the positioning left him in the shadows. He slowly undid his sword belt and dropped the three blades to the ground where their gems caught the light. He stepped forward slowly until his face was in the light. He waited for the moment of recognition, and then he struck like a snake. His hand went to her wrist and turned her arm gently, but firmly aside as he swept her into his arms. He pressed his mouth to hers and held her tight to his body. He could feel the anger and fear in her melt away. It would return as soon as she was free to think again, but for the moment he enjoyed the return of his love. He mumbled through his kiss, the words half spoken into her mouth, "Oh how I've missed you."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
ArjanDirkElijahGeldGulliusHiram
HerewardKheelanKurohanaLex
MalilaMelyndariaMowellesaQuinnlyn
SehrayanahTiberiusValencia
Ritousaey

visualspice

She heard the clunk on the ground, the man's sword belt was on the floor. She peered down at it only briefly before watching the shadowed figure come forward, and instinctively, she took a step back. But the moment she saw his face in the dancing candle light, her breath was caught in her throat.

"Ryk...." She barely managed to breath out his name when he swept her up into his arms, lips meeting to hers and stealing her breath away. For a moment, her heart was fluttering, about ready to sprout wings and lift her up and out of this world. How long had it been since she had ever experienced such a kiss? She could claim never, but what she did recall from her single night she had spent with Ryk before, well...

Perhaps that had been the one and only time she had ever felt such heat or need for another being. And though she blamed it on having too many drinks of rum with him, she couldn't completely deny there wasn't something there. And though she might have been confused on her emotions, instincts kicked in as she moaned softly through the kiss.

At his words, and finally being able to breath, she felt dizzy and was flushed, her heart beating rapidly to be held so close against his body. And despite her anger, her confusion, the very moment thrilled her, despite the fear he could have been some assassin to kill her in the night. Or perhaps that only aided in her feelings as she stared at him through hazy eyes, lips gaping open as she murmured, "You... you never kissed me goodbye."

Then as reality set in, she rose the letter opener to his throat and gave him a look.
"And you left me confused as hell. Mister Handelarr, you need to explain yourself." And the look she gave him meant business.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Aeytrious

Ryk looked at Dylanna with a helpless grin. Most of his worry, and his trepidation, had been burned away by the heat of their brief embrace. He sat on the edge of her bed. Not a very comfortable bed, she was much too practical when it came to her personal luxury. He'd have to buy her the best mattress and bed frame he could find, maybe have them enchanted to increase the benefits of her sleep. He reached down and loosened the ties on his boots, pulling his feet free. They were aching from his lack of rest. All that running in the early morning hours had been horrible. He pulled off his thin gloves and tucked them into his boots. Finally feeling relaxed he looked at his fiancé with warmth, and clear regret.
        "I'm sorry my love," Ryk gave her a look of genuine remorse, "I was not expecting to be away from you for so long. There were highwaymen raiding across Serendipity and in Kia's Court that I had not sanctioned. It had to be dealt with immediately. The Queen's guard can't be depended on to keep the roads safe, too many politics, so I must. It took longer than expected, but the result was very beneficial." Ryk laid back onto the overly hard mattress, "And when I returned to the city, I was informed that someone important to me had been captured by that goblin that's been causing problems in the city. I had to go and rescue her. She's very excited to be meeting you. I'm not sure she'll be thrilled that I'm sharing her secret with you, but she'll get over it. Now come lay by me. I want to hold you. I have not held you, really held you, in years. Not since our one night together." He put out his arms to her without sitting up, reaching for her, and leaving space for her to fit into his embrace.
        Feeling anything at all, was very confusing for Ryk. Rather than fight it though, he acted as he had seen other behave in these situations, as he spied on them from their windows. He knew what love was supposed to look like, and so he made the effort to express it to her now, as he had seen other men do with their beloveds. He would not have affairs like those men did though. He was not interested in that fleeting companionship. Sex, had always been about what it could do for him, and for his reputation. Women, even the most chaste, had a way of opening up when he got them into bed. He'd have to find a new way to get information, but Dylanna was worth it. Being engaged, and then married, would give him a much nicer public reputation, which could hinder him, but he'd be noble now, and their marriage would merge the two most powerful merchant enterprises in Kia's Court. All the practical benefits wrapped up nicely together, made it easier to let himself feel as he did for this woman. He would forever be faithful to his Lady Swinden.
        "Please do not be cross with me. I came to you as soon as I was able."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

visualspice

Dylanna lowered the letter opener when he moved away, still peering at the man warily. Though she was thankful to see him come back to her in one piece (for part of her feared that crazy woman had gone after him again, and the idea of him dying actually terrified her). But now that he was back, she could not quell the doubt that had curdled inside her belly all of this time he had been away and she watched him before setting the letter opener aside and folding her arms across her chest as he spoke.

"And you expect me to believe all of this?" Her gaze hardened, though it wavered as she peered down at him. He looked exhausted. But she was still pissed and too wound up to simply go crawling back into his arms. No, emotions towards him were still skittish at best, even if they were returning from where she had buried them away so long ago. Did he not realize what emotional and mental strain he had put her through? She had been so sick with worry.....

"And even if it were true, what do you even expect me to say to that? Ryk.... it's been years. I... I still don't even know how I feel about all of this. Do you have any idea how I've even been feeling these past few years? To keep your son from you a secret, the fear of what you'd do if you knew, and now.. now all of this just happened and I'm.. I'm... just to accept it?"

She shook her head.
"And we're not married yet, Ryk." She siad, taking a seat on the chaise lounge near the bed as she folded one leg over the other. "And I'm too riled up to sleep." And she raked an exhausted hand through her hair, and then realized she was practically naked. She promptly stood up from the chaise and swept up her robe from the edge of the bed and began to throw it on over her arms before tying it tightly infront of her, her back to him now as she spoke.

"We can't just... become lovers like this Ryk... There's still too many pieces to this I don't understand." And she finally turned to him with a sigh, the worry that had been consuming her clearly written across her face. "And that night together, Ryk.. It.. it was a long time ago.." And Shamefully lowered her gaze as she thought back to it, her cheeks still burning. This wasn't exactly a conversation she was comfortable with yet, even if she had been going over it a dozen times inside her head.

Aeytrious

Ryk's body was heavy with exhaustion, but he could see the emotional strain written across Dylanna's face and knew he needed to be strong for her. He pulled himself up from the bed and went to her. Ryk slipped behind Dylanna and wrapped his arms around her. He held her tight against himself, and spoke softly into her ear.
        "Everything will be okay, better than okay even. Things are going to be great. We have each other, and I will keep no secrets from you. I don't expect it to be easy, I don't expect you to throw away all your fears and doubts without effort," he squeezed her just a bit harder, "I love you though Lanna, and I'll not give up on us. You deserve all my love, and our son deserves to have happy parents that only love him, more than they love each other." Ryk let her go then, and moved around to face her. "Tell me what you need from me. I'll do whatever I can to give it to you."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

visualspice

And there he was, holding her close, telling her things would be okay.  But would they? For even as she reveled at the sensation of him holding her so close, doubts still pulled at her and she found herself growing quiet as he moved before her. Damn him for making her eyes now wet and threatening with tears. Damn him for making her so vulnerable.

"Gods," she said, trying to fight back her tears, cheeks growing hot. "Do you even understand how difficult this is for me, Ryk?" She shook her head. "How afraid I've been all of these years to ever let myself actually love you?"

Love... Something her parents were lucky to have had and treasure. Love, its what he confessed to her in the rain after her son's rescue, after finding out the truth. Love, it was the one.thing she feared so much to have happen to her, especially with a man with such a reputation as he.  But she, like her father, always noted the good in him, even if she had always tried to deny it since her first small crush on him since the first day they met. How cruel, she remembered, to think back to such a nice evening then for her to find out later about his reputation, which crushed her feelings from the start. Otherwise, would things have been differently for how she had perceived him? And would they had married a lot sooner than now?

Aeytrious

"It's no easier for myself, Lanna. I have kept this feeling to myself, as I've kept all my emotions locked away. You make me weak. You make me feel. Rufus is not a man that can afford to have feelings, but now he feels. Now I feel." Ryk sat on the bed again, rested his face down into his hands. "I'm so tired Dylanna. All I want is to be with you. You and Sam are the first reason for me to do anything, besides my own survival. I need you in ways I've never wanted to need anyone. But I know we are strong enough to endure anything, no matter how hard it seems. You are your fathers daughter after all."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

visualspice

"About that.. Ryk I.... are you sure this is wise? I mean to get married. I had no idea you lead two lives. I don't think anyone would have guessed." She shook her head but noticed a look in his gaze and went on to inform him, "I'm not saying I don't want to. I..." She sighed, brushing feebly at some of the pesky tears that had managed to fall. "I just don't know how I'll handle this. How will you handle this? How will Sam handle this? You're marrying more than just me, Ryk. We have a son. Our son and if we're married...." Her voice trailed up before she looked up into his gaze. "There is always the possibility Sam might not end up being our only child."

She knew what sort of reputation he had, and she had talked herself into trying to accept that, however, she knew the consequences of such a thing. She'd either have to accept him sleeping around, which would eat away at her, making her hate him, or...
Well, she'd be going from having no sex life to probably an over abundance of it and well, she might be okay with that aspect (because from what she remembered of their night together, it was incredible, not that she had much of anything else to compare it to.) And recalling how she was dressed made her flush all over as she looked into his face.

"Did you mean it?" she asked him, gaze locking to his. "That you loved me. That you still love me? And when.." And here, she tried to fight back a smile. "When did you know?" ANd then she paused to consider, gaze narrowing. "Did my father know?"
Was that why he had tried to push them to get married before?

Aeytrious

"Did that rascal Nammick know? I'd guess he did, he was so damn perceptive," Ryk couldn't help smiling at the thought of the man. If Theo had a father like that, Ryk and Rufus would likely not exist. He surely would not be here with Dylanna, he'd be off, happy, living an average life, with a loving family. He looked deep into Lanna's eyes and took her hands in his.
        "I have fought, every day, since the moment I saw you, to not feel for you. I fought against the strength of your pull when I heard you speak. Your soul calls to mine like sirens to lost sailors, and the burning passion I feel in my chest has always been reserved for you." Ryk kissed the back of her hands then, one, then the other. "I have never loved another person in my life. Only my friendship with your father could have been called any sort of love. It seems all the love I feel is reserved for Swindens," he remembered Einin then. Another person he loved, or at least cared deeply for. Still, the people he cared for beyond his need of survival now stood at three. Einin, Dylanna, and their son, Sam. As much as he was fond of his Wolves, even Chora and Alko, he would sacrifice them for his survival. He'd die for only three living beings, four, if Nammick were alive.
        "I'm sure part of your trepidation is the Wolves, and part is the reputation of the womanizing Ryk Handelaar," his face held no mirth. Ryk knew these things were important to Dylanna, that they truly troubled her. "The Soot Wolves are my enterprise. I have been shifting their cause a bit, but they are what they are. Criminals, thugs, burglars, and the like. Rape is punishable by death where my word is law. Victimizing children is punishable by death. Unsanctioned killing is punishable by death. No crime is allowed in Kia's Court, especially Arca, unless its at the direction of the Wolves, at my direction," he paused for a moment to give her the opportunity to absorb that before he continued. As for the women, I am yours now. I swear it my love, on all I am I swear it. I will lay with no person that is not you. I will swear it on a geas." He pulled the small magic item from his vest, the one he'd had Chuck swear on. "If we put our blood on this, and you hold it while I swear, I will be bound magically to my oath until one of us dies." He offered the trinket to her then, and pointed to the letter openers sharp point.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

visualspice

Dylanna pushed the letter opener away from them then looked up into Ryk's eyes.
"If you're going to make a promise to me, say it in our vows. I want the promise to come from here," she told him, placing a hand over his chest. "From your heart, Ryk. Not from magics. Not from money. Not from Soot Wolves or thieves. From you, Ryk. I want to know you mean it, without some magical bond. Marriage it... it's meant to be something special. And if it's true, if you love me, then you should have no problems keeping to the vows we promise."

Aeytrious

Ryk found himself smiling at Dylanna again. She was amazing. So full of fear, and he'd given her a way to bond his oath, but she rather trust him than magic.
        "I love you Dylanna Swinden. I love you with all my heart. I don't need magic to keep me faithful to you. You are my first and only love. The magic was only offered so you'd not have to worry or doubt me. I am yours, forever." He dropped to his knees before her, and wrapped his arms around her waist, pressing his face into her stomach. He kissed her there, then looked up at her from that place at her feet. "Are you serious about more children? I know its a ways off, but it sounds wonderful to me. I wish I had been there for Sam's birth. It must be amazing to feel a life growing inside you."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

visualspice

Dylanna flushed at such attentions, but moved to gently rake a hand through Ryk's hair. SHe wasn't used to being close to a man. The one intimate night when she got drunk with Ryk was about as close as she got. Even her 'dates' had been so plain and dull. And no man really suited her.

"It was painful," she admitted, smiling as he went on about child birth. "And I don't think I ever swore so much." And here she laughed. "But he was beautiful, to see my son for the first time.... I knew then that night we had was no accident." ANd the last part was spoken through a gentle whisper, fingers paused and curled in his hair.

"I still can't believe that had ever happened.... I... don't normally let my guard down. But you had saved me, well helped save me and my entire crew that day. Just like that and..." She hesitated. "Maybe I just have a thing for heroics but I knew then there was something different about you Ryk. Despite your reputation and the things I came to loathe, I think it was then your mask began to slip away." She paused to think it over. "Maybe that's what my Father was seeing. Maybe I was just too afraid to see it. Afraid what it might mean."

Then thinking back to having another child, she touched a hand onto her belly.
"I.... I don't know how I'd feel about another child. But to be honest, I know your reputation, Mr. Handelaar,"s he told him, both hands now gripping threateningly but playfully into his hair as she gave a smirk down at him. "I'd be surprised if you don't get me pregnant a few times."
And she could be okay with that. Perhaps turning into a other with Samuel had made her grow soft over the idea, but she knew the more children- the more responsibilities. SHe'd have to rethink about her business...

But her business was another love in her life, too. It was hard to consider walking away from it. She wasn't sure she could just be a 'mother' as a career. THen again, it seemed becoming Miss Handelaar would be a job in itself.

"So who are you tonight, coming to me as you are? Are you Ryk, or Rufus, the wolf?" And at such a question, she gave him a more playful smirk, still peering down at where he was clinging onto her and laying his head against her belly.

Aeytrious

Ryk kissed her stomach again. The thoughts of their child, their future children, made him very happy. Strange. He didn't want children before now. It was suddenly the best idea he'd ever had. In his joy, and his love, he picked Dylanna straight up from where he was, turned, and tossed her on her bed. He leaped upon her and buried his face in her neck, kissing her passionately. But his lust and his passion only lived for that short moment. He laid his head against her chest, abandoning the thought of ravishing her, and grew serious once more.
        "With you I am myself," he paused for a moment before he continued. When he did he started from the beginning. He told her of his prostitute mother, killing the pimp at six, growing up on the streets and the many tales of danger. He recounted many beatings and near death experiences. He shared his regrets and his failures, and his shame. He told her of stabbing Defalcat, of his capture and torture, of fleeing Zantaric with Alko, and coming to Arca. The entire time he spoke, he listened to her heart and felt her body, she tensed at some parts, and her heart would race when he told of nearly dying. The whole time, he never mentioned his name. Until he spoke of Arca. Then he told her the history of his name.
        When he came to Arca, the name he gave when he joined up with the Soot Wolves was Naamlose. He changed his name with each step he took. First he was a Scavenger Wolf with that name, then he was a Shadow Wolf with the name Skaduwee. When he made the transition to Blood Wolf he took on the name Moord. His next name was simply his position, which was Dirus, which he didn't hold long. He quickly became Canis Nigrum, The Black Wolf, and took the name Swart. During his long tenure as The Lone Wolf he discovered the truth about the Red Wolf's eye patch. After replacing it with a copy and stealing the real one for himself, the Red Wolf of that time, was killed by the Beta, who was a mage. Ryk then stepped into the role of Beta himself, and took the name Lupus from his title. A few months later the new Alpha tried to kill him, since he was an obvious threat. His magic failed him, as Ryk had the eye patch in a pouch, and Ryk killed him easily and took up the mantle of Red Wolf, and was from then on known as Rufus.
        The persona of Ryk was one that he created when he first arrived in Arca. A merchant, with little money and no connections. In his time with the Soot Wolves he quickly manipulated his way into dealings with more powerful and rich merchants and noble families. That was where he met Nammick. Nammick saw promise in the merchant Ryk Handelaar, and brought him in on many dealings, quickly making him very wealthy. Through his power and wealth as a merchant, and his power and control of the Soot Wolves, he was the most powerful man in Arca, Kia's Court, and perhaps Serendipity.
        "In this room, you and I have no secrets. You have all of me. Only Alko knows all that I was, but he knows not of you, or our son. Only he knows my real name. No others live tat can tell it. But I want to hear it from your lips, I want you to say my name, so I can hear what it sounds like with love." He lifted himself and gazed into her eyes. "My name is Theodore Wrenthis. Theo. And I am forever yours."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

visualspice

Dylanna listened quietly as he spoke, her heart barely able to calm down from his brief attempt to seduce her.
"So many names..." She told him thoughtfully as she moved a hand to gently stroke at his hair. "Theodore Wrenthis." She tried out the name, giving it some thought before looking into his eyes and speaking softer, "Theo..." Het hands paused as she continued to look at him and said it one more time, as if committing it to memory. "Theo.. Theodore Wrenthis." And she smiled softly before suddenly wrinkling her nose. "Will that make me then Lady Theodore Wrenthis?"

Aeytrious

Ryk watched Dylanna's face, saw her sweet smile, and felt relieved that she was not visibly freaking out. He'd save his Arca life for another night of storytelling.
        "Only in private will you be Lady Wrenthis," he returned her smile, "I think it might be better if I take on your name though. Lady Swinden sounds much nicer than Lady Handelaar," he moved from resting his head on her chest to laying even with her. It made it easier to look into her eyes, and his neck would thank him later. "Samuel Handelaar sounds great," a smile crept across his face as he played with their names, "but I think Ryk Swinden sounds much better than Dylanna Handelaar." He couldn't help but laugh at the absurdity of this conversation. Of course she'd change her name, as was customary for Serenian Nobles, but it was amusing to play otherwise.
        He stroked her hair, she seemed calmer now. She was so beautiful, her smile made his heart warm. He kissed her gently on the mouth. "I love you," he told her, then he kissed her forehead, each of her eyes, her nose, her cheeks, her chin, and her mouth again. "I love you," Ryk looked into her eyes and couldn't help but smile. His love made her the most beautiful woman he'd ever laid eyes on, and happy for the first time in his life. "I'll never get tired of saying that."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

visualspice

"Yes," she mused, eyes dancing vibrantly. "But it seems fate will be cruel and Lady Handelaar I shall be."

And then he kissed her, and she felt her heart warm, and then his lips moved to her forehead and eyes and nose and cheek and chin and then back to her mouth again. And he kept saying he loved her. She shivered at the idea. Love. He loved her. The very idea tickled her inside, making her heart flutter and her cheeks flush.

"Well, Rufus, The Red Wolf, Mister Handelaar, and Theodore Wrenthis," and here she paused to lift a hand, ghosting it across his cheek. "I think I'm in love with you, too." And she leaned forward, hesitating only briefly before sealing her lips unto his.

Aeytrious

To be kissed by Dylanna, instead of the other way around, as it always had been, was electric. The sparks on Ryk's lips spread through his entire body. Soon he was on fire, and he was pulling her in tight against himself, kissing her gently, but with fiery passion. This was all the world he needed right now. He was too exhausted to make love to her all night, but that didn't stop his hands from wandering. He pulled open her robe, and slid in closer to her. Feeling the warmth of her body was amazing, and only his hands could make that contact. Ryk pulled off his coat without moving away from her, and blindly tossed it away from himself. He could feel her much better through his shirtsleeves. He could feel her heart beating against his own chest.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

visualspice

As Ryk's hands wandered, Dylanna gasped through his kisses, feeling his hands all over her. He wasn't the only one feeling the heat. Her own body ached at his touch and melted at his kisses, and he'd be able to hear and feel just how fast and hard he made her heart beat.

Once his coat was removed, her hands smoothed up his arms and back, before green eyes opened and peered up into his blue eyes.
"Did you come here to spend the night?" she asked him softly. "You're getting awfully cozy in my bed."

Aeytrious

"That had not been my intent," Ryk whispered to Dylanna as he kissed her neck, "but I'd rather," kiss, "not leave your," kiss, "side now," kiss, "that I'm here," kiss. He paused in his kissing to look at her face. "As long as that's okay with you?"
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey