Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Stardust

Started by visualspice, April 29, 2017, 02:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Kentamin went quiet. No one had ever really asked him that. Did he even know the answer himself? He rubbed at the back of his neck in thought.
"I suppose... this," he went on with a shrug. "Just a quiet walk... having time to just simply..." he shrugged again as he thought over the word. "I also used to enjoy reading. I read a lot of novels growing up instead of sleeping. " He smiled fondly at the memory,  almost sadly.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

Lily looked up at him again, suddenly with a new brightness in the star-silver of her eyes. She hesitated though when she caught the edge of sadness to his smile, but still proceeded cautiously, “Me too.”

She looked down again, smiling just a bit. “Books were really the only adventure I’ve ever been allowed. “ She carefully adjusted her hand on his arm as she stepped around a small dip in the path, inadvertently drawing herself closer to his side. “Do you have a favorite?”

visualspice

"When I was young.. I truly enjoyed the Elk Hunter series. A part of me even wanted to travel to Hyoite and become an elk Hunter myself. " He smiled at the memory. "The mind of a youth is innocently foolish."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

“Not foolish,” Lily protested gently. Then she gave a wry smile. “Or at least, if it’s a comfort, there will always be someone more foolish. I rather wanted to be a warrior princess when I was a child.”

She laughed lightly at herself as the garden path wound around a fountain to reveal an ivy covered bench.

visualspice

Kentamin smiled,  genuinely so at her admittance.
"Like the warrior princess from Essyrian tales?" He had to ask.  "They were some of my favorites as a child." His eyes danced a little as he observed her and imagined this frail girl in such a position. It made him chuckle softly.

DragonSong

A hint of color rose to Lily's cheeks again, but she giggled and nodded in response. "Yes, something like that I suppose."

She glanced up at him and found her smile widening, color in her cheeks deepening slightly, as she caught the sincerity in his expression.

She moved toward the bench and shifted her skirts so she could perch on the edge of it, then nodded to the place beside her. "Look at the fountain in the starlight," she murmured almost wistfully. "It makes the water liquid silver, doesn't it?"

visualspice

Kentamin paused at her side but hadn't moved to take a seat. His eyes were thoughtfully upon the fountain.

"An interesting observation. Is that to change the subject, warrior princess?" he teased, finally taking a seat beside her as he smiled,  eyes still on the fountain.

DragonSong

Lily laughed again, startled, and gave him a crooked smile. "Could you blame me if it was?" she chuckled as she leaned back, bracing one hand on the back of the stone bench and tilting her head back so the hair that wasn't piled in braids around her crown spilled down her back. "It is hardly the most dignified of fantasies to admit to, is it?"

visualspice

Kentamin smiled at the stars.
'There are worse," he said, and grew quiet.

DragonSong

She looked at him, tilting her head slightly to the side, and was quiet for a long moment.

Then she looked back up with a small sigh, letting her eyes slide closed for a moment. "Yes. I suppose there are."

She let the quiet reign a little longer, then glanced toward him again. "...Thank you. For stepping out with me. I'm sure there's plenty more people back in the ballroom who would be happy to claim your attention. I...appreciate your company."

visualspice

Kentamin smiled at her words.
"I wish that were so. I have been away for so long, I feel a lot more awkward at these sort of events than I used to." He chuckled a little. "I wish I could say I am feeling too old for my age but..."
At times, he kind of did. Even still... growing up in this war.. being so entangled in this war...

It was dizzying, maddening...
and to be at such a simple ball...
Grounding in it's own right.

He sighed while seated and looked up at the stars and murmured, "They're lucky the Starball came on such a calm and unclouded night."

DragonSong

Lily listened to him speak--actually listened, because as often as she'd be taught good manners growing up, she'd noticed that only rarely did the gentry actually care to hear one another when they spoke--and then tipped her head back when he did to look at the stars once again.

"Truly," she agreed quietly. Glancing at him sidelong, she risked leaning a little closer and pointed up at a bright star several handspans from the moon. "See that one? I was obsessed with the constellations as a child, but terrible at actually finding them. So I made some up--that one is the start of a waterfall, see?"

She traced the slightly dimmer "falling" of stars that streaked away from the first, smiling to herself a bit.

visualspice

Kentamin's eyes followed hers as best he could.
"I think I see it," he murmured softly, eyes tracing, following her fingers towards the shape and edge of the 'waterfall'- not realizing how close he had to lean in order to do it. Or maybe being so far away witht he war he forgot what propriety dictated. And strangely, he felt comfortable beside this girl.

DragonSong

Lily stilled for a moment as he leaned a little closer, only realizing then just how far out of the bounds of propriety she had leaned, but then she flashed him a quick smile and traced another constellation across the sky.

"That one's a stag. Not very creative, I know, but in my defense I was seven, and those seven stars just there really do look like antlers, don't they?" she said with a small laugh, allowing herself to take a slightly illicit moment to just...enjoy being close to someone, comfortable, without her family hovering and worrying to constantly make her second-guess her every word and action.

visualspice

"I can't say I ever claimed the stars, " he went on studying them with interest. "And I'd be lying if I said planned on studying them tonight," he looked at her with a grin. "Even with this being the Starball."

DragonSong

She grinned back, eyes glinting like miniature stars themselves. “I’d hardly call this studying, me showing you the pictures I drew in the sky as a child,” she laughed lightly, and let her shoulder tap against his once gently, edging toward playful.

visualspice

When she did that,  he jumped,  but not because of that.  He was on his feet now and a servant was approaching, a tray full of drinks.
"A drink for the lord and his lady?"

Kentamin gave a nervous smile, nodded and accepted, taking two and...
Was surprised when the waiter turned to Lily.
"An extra drink for her?" He teased professionally and extended the tray.

DragonSong

"Oh!" Lily was quick to get to her feet as well, taking a sharp step to the side to reestablish a "proper distance" between herself and Kentamin when the server approached. She smiled and inclined her head in thanks—then found herself with one hand extended to take a drink before she realized Kentamin had taken two.

"Ah, goodness." She laughed and drew her hand back, flushing slightly. "No, no extras for me, I think. Somehow I'm sure the rumor would start that I'm some sort of lush."

visualspice

The servant winked and set one beside her with a wink.
"No one will judge. "

And with that he left.

Kentamin was flushed, and glad that this event was taking place at night. He turned to her with regards and laughed 

"A toast? " He said, offering her the second cup.

DragonSong

Lily laughed, a little flushed herself, and raised her own glass. “What are we toasting?” she asked with a chuckle, parting at her skirts to persuade them to lay flat as she edged a little closer to him now that no one was around to be judging her propriety.