Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Constellations

Started by visualspice, April 29, 2017, 02:28:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

Reina found herself gravitating toward the balcony again--after a brief, quiet row with her brother about just how much of an ass he had been to his unwitting betrothed and she decided she needed some air.

The recalcitrant duke was nowhere in sight, but neither was anyone else. She sighed gratefully and let herself lean against the rail, tucked out of sight from the rest of the party behind a combination of magnificent wall hangings blocking the window and a few impressive potted plants stretching toward the starlight.

visualspice

"Woah.. who's that in the corner?"

"What- the man who just vomitted into the plant?"

"Yeah... Oh! It's.. him." the voices grew into harsher whispers now.

"Truly? That's Duke Arrant?"

"Yeah, sure as hell is. Ansgar's name- he's passed out..."

"Arrogant fool. He's making this job way too easy."

You could hear the other man rolling his eyes.

"Idiot. You forget how long it took us to even find the means to tail him to this event."

"Does it matter? He's right there. Which makes the fool good as dead."

"You got the vial?"

"Yeah. They'll think he just drank too much and drank himself to death." He whispered a laugh.

"Come on. Let's make sure the coast is clear and be quick about it. I'd hate to hang for this."

"Fuck that. If anyone deserves to die it's this asshole."

And the pair of men moved with a purpose towards the limp form of Leif Arrant.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

Well...

Drat.

She couldn't very well pretend she hadn't heard that.

"I bloody hate politics," Reina muttered to herself as she quickly stepped out from her little alcove to cross to the clearly unconscious duke and work to get one arm under his, saying brightly--loudly, in case the voices she'd overheard were closing in--"Come on, Your Grace, let's get you to bed."

Curse me thrice for a fool.

visualspice

The voices stopped the moment she entered the scene. And although the men nearby were somewhat concealed from their view, their presence hung with heavy tension. But the Duke did not stir.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

Well, there really wasn’t much else she could do. She couldn’t just leave him there.

“You are going to owe me the biggest favor this side of the border,” Reina muttered—to herself, as the Duke was clearly not stirring—and began dragging him back along the balcony. She didn’t want to take him back through the ballroom, that would draw too much attention. The best she could figure in the moment was getting him down to a coach. She’d jus to have to…work things has out from there.