Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Jungle Fever (Khakana)

Started by Saber, March 02, 2023, 09:16:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saber

"How did I end up here?" Meeta murmured as she pushed her way through the foliage.

Last night the former slave was sleeping at an inn back in Essryn then this morning she woke up in this jungle. In all she suspected it was magic or the gods.

Whatever the case it be Meeta knew for certain she was lost. Birds chirps above while monkeys howled in the distance. Sighing Meeta kept going until finding a cave. Cautiously she drew her short blades edging closer until she concluded it was empty. Subsequently Meeta sat down and sighed again, shaking her head.

Khakana

"He really was a brute, wasn't he?" Khelena asked, having decided to find some nice vines to recline in. She was wrapped up well and good, but it wasn't hard to tell it would be easy to get out if she wanted too. Sitting on a branch next to her was an old dilapidated skull illuminated from within with blue fire that flickered and waivered from within. "Who knows, several millennia dead, a brute may have been what the life priest ordered, hmm?" She asked, looking at the skull.

The flame within flickered wildly, leaving the reptilian woman to slump in her vine hammock. "I know! He was a bit of a stick in the mud, wasn't he? All mopey and upset. The brutish one was at least personable, if not a little dumb. I absolutely could do worse. For instance, the mopey one," She chuckled, before squirming around in frustration and flopping limply in the hammock with a "harumph" and a defeated sigh. "I could have eaten them both alive in multiple ways... Oh well," She said in mild defeat when a new noise joined the jungle.

She bent backwards, arching herself to look down at the ground without needing to roll over, and saw a person sitting just outside the cave she was going to use for shelter  if it started raining again. "Oh?" She asked, the skull lifting and also looking down. "What do we have here?" She asked, rolling over in the vines to get a better view. She was maybe 50 feet above the girl.

Khelena rolled out of her hammock and grabbed onto the thick vine she had used to climb up. She wrapped her legs in a simple friction lock and let herself slide down silently, the skull following. at about 10 feet, she fell backwards so her muzzle was within reach just above the girl. "Hello there~," She cooed, her voice smooth in it's greeting.

Saber

The young human just turned back to outside the cave her eyes looked up saw the reptilian. Just as she was being greeted Meeta let out a gasp and fell back. Alarmed she rolled around and drew her dual blades and gotten into a defensive stance.

"Who are you?!" Demanded Meeta whose heart pounded like a drum from the utter shock just moments ago.

Khakana

Khelena blinked slowly, tilting her head in contemplation, before flipping back around to stand on the ground. The sheer purple cloth she wore as clothes could barely be called such, but her reptilian body did little to compromise her modesty. "Who am I?" She asked, placing a hand on her breast in mock offense, looking at the skull, which turned to her. "It really has been a long time, hasn't it?" She asked, before returning her attention to Meeta. "I am Khelena Het'Ladaren, Grand Librarian of Xokagi, and Keeper of Stories. I am the living Avatar of Xokagi," She said, bending forward at the waist to get closer to Meeta. "And who might you be?" She asked, the skull strafing to the side with a similarly curious energy.

Saber

"You're a...librarian." Meeta said with blinking eyes. The reptilian was quite tall and appeared strong. She was confused by the whole avatar business but choose not to ask about it. Instead she maintained her defense stance while answering Khelena.

"I'm Meeta of Essryn. Adventurer and pit fighter."