Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Working the viewline (any)

Started by Anonymous, February 15, 2010, 04:25:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

The sun was shining lazily through the clouds, gently bathing the land in a warm glow. The early spring breeze blew steadily from the nearby hills, making the tiny heads of the flowers nod and sway. The birds sing merry songs from their perches high in the trees, the first buds just beginning to appear on their branches. A lone deer grazes nearby, enjoyng the feeling of the sun warming it's back.

Get back here now! The rough voices echo across the field, making the deer dart for cover. Across the horizon a human charges faster then should ever be possible, fleeing from other figures on horseback. They get closer, and  it's not a human at all. The torso and arms are human, definately. But the head is that of a refined horse, elegant and graceful. The legs are also equine, the lower legs bathed in long, silken fur. The skin is not skin at all, but is covered in fine chestnut and white fur, making patchwork patterns across her lithe frame. Her short, fine mane and tail stream behind her. And it is definately female. The sparse clothing leaves little to the imagination. And she runs, desperately trying to escape from her tormentors.

Get back here you fucking mongrel! And she runs, and runs, and runs, heading straight towards the village of La'Marri. She gets closer to the village gates, panic spread across her equine features. She is out of breath, tiring quickly. Her flanks are covered in sweat, and her body shakes with the exertion.

Please! Somebody! Help me!

Anonymous

The sounds of a female voice calling for help reached Sebastian's ears. The young blonds head shot up and he leapt to his feet. This was it! He had been traveling for a few weeks now and had yet to come across a damsel in distress but now was his time to shine!

Grabbing his delicate rapier and the large brimmed, feathered hat, the teenager was out the door of the inn and racing toward the sound of the voice. Pulling the hat on as he ran, the boy skidded to a stop at the sight of a monstrous creature. It was some abomination of human and horse.

Drawing his rapier, Sebastian frowned, looking uncertain. While frightening, she, for it was obviously a she, didn't seem like she was going to hurt anyone. She looked like she had just been running and Sebastian could see some men chasing her.

The blond teen wasn't sure what to make of this. Was she the monster, being pursued by guards? Or were they evil men? He...had not been expecting this at all. It was always so much clearer in the books. So he cleared his throat, "Um, excuse me....were you the one calling just now?"

Somehow, he had felt his first heroic adventure would feel a bit more...heroic.

Anonymous

Tetra skidded to a halt just outside the village gates, the mounted persuers a short distance away, but gaining quickly. She had been running for many miles, and her equine legs felt like they were about to buckle under her. She is struggling for breath. Human lungs weren't designed to cope with such strain, and every breath tears its way through her body.

She looks back. The wild men were catching up. Right, so being in the village will not save her. Praying that her calls for help will be answered, she once more sets off, hoping to at least find somewhere to hide.

And then the blonde turns up. Yes, he looks like a stereotypic hero, but he's just so... young! It doesn't matter, however, as the horsemen are catching up fast, despite their horse's obvious tiredness.

Yes, that was me pants the half-mare. Thank you for coming. They want my hide! They are hunters, and my kind is rare, so they want my skin for their walls. Please help me!

WIth that, she moves behind her potential saviour, heading in the direction of the village, but keeping both eyes on the young man to see what he does next.

Anonymous

Well, that at least settled it. Sebastian blinked slightly, still feeling a little uncomfortable around the horse....woman. Even with her feminine parts practically on display for the world too see, the teenager had a hard time thinking of her as female. She was rather unnerving.

But a hero never faltered or showed fear. Or in this case, mild disgust and discomfort. So the blond raised his thin blade, pointing at the men on horseback, taking a deep breath before calling out in his most commanding voice, "You men! Leave this place at once and bother this....err..." Sebastian faltered then, glancing behind him at the huge horsegirl, "Er...this lady no more!" He did his best to steel his expression and glare them down.

If it came to a fight, it would be a little tricky. Their speed on horseback would make hitting them hard. But he didn't have to get much of a hit to cause some serious damage with his magic.

Anonymous

Tetra had never known fear like it in all her life. She knew she was different, a freak, and she knew deep down that she would suffer her whole life for it. But she would never have believed she would be hunted for her fur, like some kind of animal. Oh the irony! What was she on about? Of course she was an animal! But she has a human heart and mind, doesn't that count for something?

Looking at the faces of the advancing huntsmen, no, probably not. And what about this wee blonde boy, a child still, who has come to her defence? He seems terrified of her. But wait, is that terror, or unease and disgust?

Oh no. Tetra hopes against all that is mightly that this youngster did not just say that. Whats wrong with him? He is obviously no match for these men! The horsemen, of which there were 3, halted a little distance from the pair. They listen to the upstarts speach, and laugh. Move out of the way, boy, and let us kill this freak of nature. I will rest well tonight when the coat of that offence to god is hanging on my wall.

Tetra visibly shuddered. Yes, she had heard it all many times, yet each time it still cut like a knife. She lets out a deep sigh, and her large brown eyes look into the blue eyes of her attempted saviour. Resigning herself to her fate, she takes a small step towards the men, and holds her head high, her chestnut and white mane blowing on the gentle breeze. Thank you, my friend, but you should go now. You do not want to see this.

She turns and faces the horsemen, head held high, and prepares for the end.

Anonymous

"Back foul villain!" Sebastian puffed up a little, happy he had finally gotten to say that. The men looked rough, but he was confident the hero would win. He had read scenes like this a million times and he had been the best fighter out of all his friends.

Her sigh had him turning to look at the...woman and he regretted it. It was downright creepy looking into that horse face. He wasn't sure he was going to be able to ride for a while after this. He repressed a shudder and hesitantly reached out, steeling himself to touch her. His hand wrapped around her arm and he pulled her back, "Stop that talk. I am here to save you and save you I will."

Sebastian gestured at the men, "These men are no threat to me. Have no fear!" With that, the boy moved forward, graceful as he swung the sword forward, slicing across the nearest man's thigh, lightening crackling from the sword into the man at a word from Sebastian.

Anonymous

The man lets out a short scream of agony and falls backwards off his horse, his body convulsing in a grotesque fashion with the lightning coursing through it. His horse bolts, terrified, right towards Tetra. She holds out one hand, and the frightened creature stops in its tracks, skidding to a halt infront of her. The remaining horsemen struggle to control their own horses, all now panicing and trying to flee. Their riders faces are a mask of confusion, anger and... yes... fear.

Tetra moves quickly to un-tack the horse, throwing the leather items on the ground. She whispers a word to the horse, and it turns and flees across the fields, trampling it's ex-rider as it passes.

The man mounted on the large grey horse manages to get it sort of under control and glares at Tetra. You BITCH! That was our finest horse! He then turns and approaches the upstart with the magic sword. He raises his own, a huge, ugly looking thing with a black hilt and vicious blade. How DARE you touch us. Now, you die! He kicks his horse hard in the flanks, forcing it to run forward despite it's fear, straight towards Sebastian.

Anonymous

The man's reaction startled Sebastian and he stared, blinking. He had spared before, but never really like this. This was the first time he had ever really hurt someone with him power.

The horses went crazy and the mage was forced to retreat before getting trampled. He hadn't expected that, but he felt he should have. She seemed to be half horse. There wasn't much time to think on it before the man was rushing him.

Why always on the horses? Sebastian didn't know how to fight a man on horseback! He dove to the side, his sword coming up to meet the mans, flames roaring where they hit. Despite it's thin blade, the sword doesn't snap, though Sebastian feels his arm crumble under the force of the man's blow.

Dropping into a roll, Sebastian moves away from the rider and horse, panting as they turn to charge again. Just needs one good hit. The man is a brute, no real talent. Maybe he could dislodge him.

Anonymous

Tetra looks at the youngster with wonder. This she hadn't expected! She turns back towards the fight, and notices the rider preparing to rush the boy again. She utters a word and raises her hand, and the horse rears up onto its back legs, it's rider clinging around its neck for all he's worth. The horse then comes back to earth and flicks its heels high, sending the rider catapulting between its ears and landing in a heap on the floor.

A look of pure panic crosses the face of the third and final rider, and he turns his horse and spurs it onwards, away from the fight. With a word from Tetra, the horse throws itself onto its side, crushing the rider under its bulk. The rider lies helpless on the ground, his leg smashed from the weight of the horse.

The man who had been dislodged screams with fury, and charges towards Tetra, sword held high...

Anonymous

It made sense, in a why, her control over the horses. But seeing it in action, while helpful, was still a little unnerving. The raw panic the horses displayed made Sebastian uncomfortable.

Once the leader was unseated, he seemed to focus his rage on the girl. Moving forward, the boy placed himself in the man's path. This was much better, he knew how to handle a man on foot.

His movement were quick and sure, though his form was a little too soft. He had never faced someone who was actually trying to kill him. His blood was pumping, his heart racing. He channeled more power into his blade, the blade glowing a vivid red.

Ducking past a wild swing, Sebastian was past the mans guard, sliding the red hot blade into the mans shoulder, fire exploding along his arm. Dancing back, the mage held the sword ready again, "Surrender villain! You are defeated!"

Anonymous

The man crumples to the floor screaming, his hand pawing at his shoulder wound, cauterised by the burning heat of the sword. Ok! Ok! I give up! Just don't kill me!

And Tetra cannot believe what she has just witnessed. She offers the still screaming man an evil smile, and then turns to her rescuer. A look of fear momentarily plays across her equine features, but is quickly replaced by a neutral look. Years of practice had taught her how to hide her emotions well. Yes, she was now terrified of the youngster, but she would not let him know that... However, the horse part of her brain still has some control, and she can not help but take a step backwards away from him.

Thank you, young sir. You've saved my life. How could I ever repay you?

The defeated man is still rolling around in agony, in far too much pain to try anything else.

Anonymous

Sebastian blinked, surprised at how...easy that had been. He stared at his sword, then down at the man before his chest puffed out and he beamed brightly. He had defeated his first villain! He was on his way to true hero-dom! This was wonderful! And it had been rather scary at first, but this was actually easy!

He turned to face the girl again and caught himself as he started to recoil from the horsewoman. That wouldn't do. He had just defeated a whole...army of powerful and dangerous band-slavers! Yes. He could handle an unnerving looking woman.

"Uh. Oh. A good deed is reward enough for me! Have no fear gentle lady, these men wont bother you again." Would it be rude to offer to buy her some real clothes? That seemed like the chivalrous thing to do, but the teenaged boy felt awkward bringing that up.