Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

To find the answers...

Started by Anonymous, January 22, 2012, 06:54:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

The poor dirty stranger stumbled onto the stony, winding village path with a heaving sigh. His eyelids fluttered tiredly as he dropped his head and breathed slowly out of enlarged nostrils. His green eyes were the only alluring feature of the unicorn, as he was caked with mud and dried sweat and his mane and tail were knotting and dull. The iron-ish horn glowed faintly before it went completely dark and the unicorn was left alone in the dimming twilight-lit town. A soft breeze whispered through the walls of a nearby shack and neighboring inn, softly lit for weary travelers to find its dust-encrusted windows. This, Del ignored, unicorns weren't very welcome in inns he had discovered. If only... he thought, his tail swishing lightly as he viewed his surroundings.

Del was here. Quietly seeking the answers to his fate. His green eyes sparkled as he ventured forth.

Anonymous

Llyn was finally settled in for the night, though the unicorn had made it clear he felt the stable was utterly beneath him, but Hunter had gotten him to calm down and settle in. He was on his way back to the inn and a hot meal when he was confronted with the strangest sight.

There was a ragged, skinny unicorn with the oddest horn he had ever seen. Not that he had seen many, but it looked...metallic almost. Like a sword or something.

"Er...hello? Ya uh, need some help?" Hunter moved a little closer, not what to make of the unicorn, but he looked dirty and ill fed. The least he could do was see about cleaning him up if the creature wanted him to.

Anonymous

Del jumped. "Woah!" he snorted, head high, ears and eyes forward as he studied the human before him. The man before him looked almost as beat up as Del with all those scars, but classy. Del would've been surprised, but then, he did come here for answers. Visibly relaxing, Del lengthened his neck a little and cocked a hind hoof. "Hello to you," the unicorn said in a rich, deep voice that somewhat betrayed the species he seemed. You could hear the pessimism, the innocence, the frustration, the youth, the eagerness, and the wrecklessness in his tone. Something that didn't seem very common for males of this species.

But then again, he wasn't supposed to be a unicorn anyways.

"I need to eat," Del stated simply with a touch of desperateness in his voice. His human-like green eyes flashed hungrily as his mouth started to salivate at the thought of food. "I would appreciate anything you can offer; I'm so hungry. What's your name? I'm Del." His iron horn glowed faintly but quickly dulled as he smiled at the man. Or what would've been a smile if he had been a human, it just sortof looked like a disgusted equine grimace.

Anonymous

"You want some food? I think I can spare that." Hunter started to turn, then paused, "I'm Hunter. It's nice ta meet ya Del. I'll be right back, okay?"

Hunter headed back into the stable, grabbing the bag of supplies he kept to groom Llyn and a bucket of oats. He would have to resupply the oats soon and Llyn would be upset he shared, but he made sure to avoid the unicorn for now. He would make it up to him later.

Heading back to where Del waited, Hunter set the bucket down, "I don't mean to be rude, but you look half starved. How did that happen? Are you okay?" Part of him was aware he should be suspicious of strangers, considering his line of work, but he had a weak spot for unicorns.

Anonymous

Del watched patiently as the man left him and disappeared behind a door. As the door opened and shut, the smell of equine feces hit his nose. Del snorted disgustedly as he jumped backwards, head shaking; Stable! Ugh... And before he knew it, the man was out again carrying a bucket of oats. The musty smell of the fresh oats curled Del's nostrils and he sighed heavily before swiveling his head down to take a small bite. Torture. Gross. But not as bad as grass, and not as good as that molasses stuff.

A couple of bites and Del was done; it was as much as he could stand. The answer to the man's question, Del ignored, but was very obviously answered in the eating habits of this odd beast. "Nice to meet you Hunter," replied Del, speaking once again in that rich human-like tone and tossing his head in a very casual and not-very-unicorn-like way. "I'm seeking any sort of mages or wizards or anyone or thing that knows any sort of magic. Do you know anyone?"

Anonymous

"That's all you're gonna have?" Hunter frowned a little, "You want some mash? Was it too much for your stomach?" He was well aware how much a unicorn needed to eat and that was not enough. And he had spent too long taking care of Llyn to not fuss over Del, forgetting about the magic question in his concern.

Anonymous

Del snorted in response to Hunter's comment. "I'm fine, I'm fine," he said, a little desperation seeping into his young adolescent voice. Del began to become agitated, swishing his tail as he began to look around in different directions as if waiting and looking for someone.

Anonymous

"Hmmm. That so? 'Cause, not ta be rude, but you look a bit...travel worn. I can help ya clean up some. And there's plenty of food still left." Hunter knew it really wasn't any of his business, but he couldn't help but want to fuss.

Anonymous

Del snorted quietly in frustration and looked blankly at the man for a moment or two. How on earth am I supposed to go about this? Deciding to be compliant despite his frustration and lack of patience, Del replied finally, "That... that would be alright. But, do you have something different? Carrots... or something...." he left that part off, feeling awkward and not knowing what exactly to suggest as food. After all, he was supposed to like this sort of thing, and for some odd reason, Del didn't know WHY he didn't like it. He just didn't...

Anonymous

"Carrots? Sure, I think I can find you some." He kept a few treats like that around, and a few apples as well, though not enough to keep a unicorn fed. But he went off and grabbed it, soothing Llyn again when he went into the stable.

Arriving back, Hunter set out the few fruits and vegetables he had on the ground in front of Del, "This work for you?"

Anonymous

Del followed the man silently, taking his place next to a pretty unicorn. Del watched her silently, wondering if he could somehow communicate with the beast, considering he was a unicorn too, but not knowing how to go about it. As he was thus in his musings, a plop and rumble caused Del to look back, seeing the man had returned and had dropped a variety of fruits and vegetables at his feet. Oh bless him, thought Del, dropping his head and snatching up gratefully a large radish and chewing it slowly with savor. "Thank you," he muttered when he had swallowed. "Tell me Hunter, where do you hail from? And... where did you meet her?" His eyes turned warily back to the unicorn beside him, and he wondered if she too was under some sort of spell like himself.

Anonymous

"No problem." Hunter settled down, stroking Llyn's neck, though the unicorn was fast asleep now, which he was thankful for, "I'm from a little place in the south of Adela. And he found me really." It was an awkward story and it wasn't very fun admitting some unicorn picked him because he was a virgin.

"We're bonded. He's my best friend. What about you? How did you get in such a sorry state?"

Anonymous

Del snorted at his own ignorance concerning the unicorn's gender. Well, it's not like I got a good look in between the legs. he chided himself. He wondered what the sleeping unicorn would think of him if it were awake. Del had not yet been in such close proximity to another unicorn, but goodness, he was dying to be able to ask it some questions. Could it possibly be trapped in a transformed body like he? Would he know to where Del could go to get answers? Could the unicorn possibly help Del?

"Me?" Del asked, attention pulled away momentarily from his thoughts. "I've been travelling for days with not much thought of anything else. Where on earth did you bond with this unicorn? What does that mean? To be... 'bonded'?" His curiosity was piqued and he was dying for answers... answers to everything.

Anonymous

"Ya sure you don't wanna get cleaned up a little?" Hunter settled down, watching the unicorn, "Well, I'm from a little place in Adela, Rochen. Doubt you've heard of it. I was just a kid, ten or so, when I first met Llewellyn. It was love at first site. I couldn't tell you much about how it works."

It wasn't something he ever got to talk about much, so it was a little strange. But it was kinda nice and he found blathering, "I can always feel him and he can feel me. We're like a team, you know? I take care of him."

Anonymous

"That sounds convenient," he said, gazing boredly at the unicorn for a moment before turning back to Hunter. He studied the man for a moment with his dark brown eyes before stepping closer and snorting softly as he asked, "Where are you going? What is your occupation?"