Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Take it easy

Started by Anonymous, February 19, 2012, 10:41:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

It was a boring day and Poppy hated being bored. He was lounging on the roof of a building, his tail lazily swishing back and forth, huffing. He needed to find something to do. He had tried to find Bianca, but she hadn't been around. Not enough money to go drinking, too much work to go steal more.

His mom was always after him to get a real job, but he was going to be a bandit king. Bandit kings didn't have time to work. And it was even more work to have to actually become the bandit king, so he couldn't be bothered with a real job.

A commotion drew his attention, something happening down below on the streets. Peering closer, he wiggled closer, trying to get a better view.

Avi

"Stop thief!!" people within earshot turned their attention from what they were doing to a rather strange sight, an overweight grimly looking man wielding a large hammer chasing after a small barefooted  girl clutching a bulky purse. "How the hell is he able to run this fast?" Alys thought looking over her shoulder to see the man almost catching up to her; she thought that outrunning the man would be easy even without her elf heritage.

Anonymous

That was not the most uncommon sight, but it was something to watch. Getting up, Poppy moved along the roof tops, tracking where she went. After a few turns, he sped up, getting ahead of the girl and swung down, hanging upside down from his knees on the roof, "Well, hello there."

Avi

Finally, the overweight pig ran out of breath and took to shouting obscenities as Alys disappeared from view.  She smirked turning into the pathway between two buildings, "Well, hello there." She looked up to see an upside down man staring at her.  She clutched the purse tighter taking a small dagger out of her waist pouch "The hell do you want!?"

Anonymous

"To see what's goin' on." Poppy grinned, "That was a little clumsy, don't ya think? I mean, you could have been caught at any time. Yer new to this, ain't ya?"

Avi

Alys bristled at the comment, how dare this strange guy insult her like that when he knew nothing about her.   "Why don't ya come down and I'll show you how new I am" she said with an eerie smile.

Anonymous

"Pffft? Why?" Poppy slid off, landing gracefully, his odd form suited to it, "I'm Poppy! Bandit king and dragon slayer and all kinds of awesome stuff!"

Avi

Alys was about rage on the man for insulting her again but when he announced he was a bandit king and dragon slayer she couldn't stop the spurt of laughter that came out "Yeah and I'm Alys, Elf queen and sea pirate" she snickered.

Anonymous

"What? Really? What's a pirate doing this far inland?" Despite being a total liar, Poppy had never really learned to not believe every lie he heard.

Avi

Alys stopped laughing and stared at Poppy astounded "Are you seriously that stupid?" she asked after a few minutes of trying to figure out if he was joking or not.

Anonymous

"What? Stupid? I'm not stupid!" Poppy huffed, drawing himself up to his full, impressive height, "I am a bandit king!"

Avi

" You sound pretty stupiid to me" Alys replied before turning around " See ya around Bandit King" she added sarcastically before disappearing into the crowded streets.

Anonymous

"Hey now!" Poppy blinked, startled at the girls' attitude, "Well...fine then! You're ugly and a bad thief!"

Avi

Unknown to the self-proclaimed bandit king, Alys had extremely good hearing.  "How old is this guy supposed to be?" she asked herself half-joking before getting an idea. She found of piece of scrap paper and charcoal chalk she had swiped from a painter in her belt pouch , doubling back she made her way to the rooftop right above Poppy's head. Quickly writing her message she tied it down with a nearby stone and dropped it right on the male's head satisfied she strolled away.  "Hey no king I know of whines like a little brat wanting his momma to give him something.  Try manning up a bit your majesty"