Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

I aint looking for trouble, I'm just looking for... {pm to join}

Started by almighyxcavus, July 21, 2017, 02:21:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

almighyxcavus

"God damn, this heat is going to murder me if i dont get a move on," Excanos grunted as he started to awaken from his unnecessarily long nap in the canopy of a manola tree.
He proceeded to climb down the tree and continue onto this make shift path that would lead him somewhere with something to drink. It was about midday when he started back on the path, now it was almost sunset with not a single lifeform to be seen, hallucinations began to kick in after not properly finding a water source for 2 days. Hey, that looks like the gate to hell i opened up as a kid, maybe it has a place where i can drink. And just as the he passed through the "gate", he immediately passed out.
"Make sure to apply the wet towel to his forhead, he needs to stay cool in this heat."
"I'm aware mother! Go tend to the drunks downstairs before they break another table like last time , i have this under control"
What in my father's name are those voices? I could've sworn I was dead by now
Excanos opened his eye to see a girl, about his age, tending to him, he also was covered from neck down in a floating bubble of water that flowed serenely about him. He noticed that his mother's robes were hanging on a hook on the back of the door along with the family katana. He also noticed he had undergarments on when he has never owned a pair in his life. He looked back at the girl and was about to speak when:
"OH MY GOODNESS YOUR AWAKE! Im terribly sorry I didnt notice! My mother and I saw you passed out in a mound of sheep shite, and we immediately came to check if everything was alright, and we-"
"Its alright, I appreciate you taking care of me, may i kindly ask you release me from the bubble and hand me my father's blade hanging on the door there?"
"Yes,sir"
After a brief chant, the bubble was released, and all the water condensed into a sphere to witch the girl then turned into ice and set it onto an ornate plate. Just as she was about to give Excanos the robes, he stopped her.
"I require the sword first, also may i ask for you to step out of the room for a moment?"
"Yes, sir"
As the door shut behind her, Excanos examined the runes on his mark to make sure they had not faded, for it had been a while since he reapplied them.
Just as expected, the bubble she had put me in had almost completely cleaned the runes , its a miracle that I awoke in time.
Excanos took the blade, with his left hand and began to slice the skin on top of each rune, the cuts had to be precise and in line with the shapes of the runes themselves, a long and arduos process but necessary nonetheless. After the cuts were made, he recited a small chant that ignited a black flame is his left hand, he then pressed the flame on each of the ruins to sear the blood into place. After about 45 minutes, the runes were refreshed and he was able to calm himself. He opened a nearby window and saw the sun was coming down again, he felt as if he accomplished nothing again, but he already was used to the feeling. He grabbed his mother's robes and proceeded downstairs.
"GENTLEMAN! IF YOU DO NOT CEASE THIS TOMFOOLERY I WILL HAVE YOU THROWN OUT AND NEVER TO BE SEEN AGAIN"
Although she was yelling, Excanos recognized the voice, it was the girl's mother trying to calm some drunkards down who were about to pull swords on each other.
"Quit shoutin' ya old hag! I just came to have a drink with meself to lighten up, and yet this dumbarse over here tries to steel me ale! I cant let that go without punishment! I pride my ale!"
An extremely obese man attempting to justify his drinking addiction, was about to start a fight with a calm and composed elf. He appeared as if he was royalty in shaggy clothing.
"I did no such thing and you are entirely aware of this."
"MY ARSE, YOU CLEARLY STOLE MY DRINK YOU PIECE OF DRAGON SHITE"
The obese man charged at the elf, only to be down on the ground and practically unconscious in the matter of a split second.
"You drunkards are all the same, assuming that just because im an elf not born into royalty that i steal someone's ale? What kind of drugs are you on?"
The elf, acquired the ale that he had paid for, drank it faster than Excanos has ever seen, and left.
Excanos, admiring the fellow elf's compusure, kept a photographic memory of his face and voice for future reference. He then approached the bar.
"Kind sir may i ask for a mug of ale?"

Celegwen

"It's on me," a small girl said. The girl was unbelievably beautiful, especially compared to what kind of people took up the space in the bar. She sat on a barstool with a wooden staff intricately craved with runes leaning against the counter. The silver and black falcon next to her chirped lightly, ruffling his own feathers. The girl glanced in Excanos' direction with silver-white eyes and the slightest of grins. She pulled out her coin pouch, and the falcon took out a coin and placed it on the counter.

The girl took a breath and finished off the last bit of her drink. Her slender fingers wrapped around the staff, and the falcon hopped onto the leather armguard she wore on her right arm. "My name's Julianna," she said, practically looking through the man. "Enjoy your stay." She stood and started walking out of the bar with the staff to guide her graceful footing.

almighyxcavus

Goddam why do I have to be so handsome, yet I cant even talk to a girl that payed for my own drink nice going you bumbling bafoon.
Excanos's own worst enemy: the mind. Although he may be a half demon with powers beyond belief, he can not talk to a girl for the life of him. Being the desperate casual he is, Excanos attempted to follow the girl. Thank goodness for his tracking skills from wandering so much or else he would have no damn clue where to go.
Excanos gathered his belongings, thanked the mother and daughter for their hospitality and left the tavern in an attempt to find the girl.
A couple days later...
"Goodam my desparation, but i'll be damned if I dont find her."
It was a sunday, about midday in the La'marri forest, Excanos had been doing nothing but attempting to track the girl, no luck.
"Maybe taking the high ground will help."
He climbed to the top of a nearby manola tree, and began to scan for any kind of sign. After a couple hours of non-stop searching Excanos was about to give up entirely.
"Damn me father, still no luck, sunset is coming fast and the cold winter night isn't going to help, I better bundle u-"
Out of the corner of his left eye he saw it: the falcon the girl had on her shoulder. Excanos put all his weight onto  the top base of the manola tree, the tree leaned back almost to the forest floor, which was about 5 meters down, and launched himself from the tree.
The falcon clearly seeing this deranged flying man, effortlessly dodged Excanos, he was now on a collision course with a fully fledged campfire.
"Shite, shite, shite, SHIIIIIIIITTTTEEE!"
After finally recognizing the situation, Excanos recited a quick chant which summoned black water to douse the fire. His face planted into the ashes of the once lit flame, and his mother's robes were mostly black again. Excanos in a very excruciating amount of pain lifted himself to see the girl completely drenched.
"I, am, terribly, sorry. Let me get this lit for you again"
Since he already recited the chant, conjuring a black flame to light the firepit again was a piece of cake. 
"Hi, I've been looking for you."
Completely studdering the sentence, he still stood as if he made the biggest mistake in the world.

Celegwen

Julianna jumped up, grabbing her staff to balance. She found her satchel and rummaged through it until finding a dry rag. Whipping off her silver amulet, she quickly dried the moonstone and held it tightly with rapid breaths. "Where the hell do you think you're going?" She demanded to stop him from leaving, putting the amulet back around her neck and sitting where she was before.

Putting her fingers in the corners of her lips, she blew two sharp whistles and raised her right arm with a bent elbow. The falcon soared down and gripped onto her armguard. "Hi, Pitch," she said softly, stroking his soft feathers.

Julianna seemed to look in the direction of the fire, while expecting him to answer. "Well?" She pushed.

almighyxcavus

"Actually, I- I  really don't know, I was mainly loo-looking for you so I could say thank y-you for paying for me ale, I don't normally drink, in fact I haven't had anything in months, and yet you come along and and just well you know the rest. I just got me intrigued, I-Im a wanderer I dont necessarily know where I'm going, but I do know I want to help people. Sorry, I'm not really that good at talking (he mumbles) especially to girls, but is there anything I can to do repay you? Again im extremely sorry about the fire and I have the upmost gratitude for payin for my ale."
Completely butchering his attempt at a pickup line, Excanos managed to stand a little more firm than usual.
"Also good job on, Pitch was it? For moving out of the way before I crashed into you, I would've been devastated to have hurt you."
He mustered himself one last time, really trying to focus on not butchering this next part.
"As I previously stated, I'm a wanderer and really have no where else to go, mind if I can tag along with you for a bit?"
THANK MY FATHER THAT I FINALLY DIDNT BUTCHER THAT

Celegwen

She stayed silent for a few moments, still not making eye contact with him. This moron's going to get himself killed out here, she thought to herself. They said that about me too, though.

"I propose a deal," she said, standing with her staff, and once again, looking through him instead of at him. "I travel alone. I trust me. If I allow you to come along, you have to do three simple things for me. One, you have to be willing to deal with Pitch's chirping. Believe me, it can get obnoxious, especially at night. Two, you have to understand that I do things a certain way for a reason. If you mess with my method, we part ways. Three..."

Julianna paused, taking a breath and running her fingers along the runes carved into her staff. "Three, you cannot mock or take advantage of me for losing my sight."

almighyxcavus

Excanos sat on the log Julianna was sitting on, a good distance away but turned towards her.
"First and foremost, I have much respect for the blind and the wisdom they bring, second the only other woman I've truly known is my mother, so I'm not entirely sure what you mean when you say 'take advantage of' if it means stealing your belongings I doubt that considering im a clumsy wreck. Third, you've allowed me to stay with you, so anything you do I wholeheartedly agree with so long as it brings no malice. Finally, i have no problems with chirping I'm the son of a dead shepherd imagine having about 100 or sheep next to your window for the majority of your life everynight, quite the enthralling experience I might say. Now if you do not mind, may i ask you, a personal question? Is your blindness natural or a curse?"
That last sentence made his spine chill whilst awaiting a response, for if it were a curse, then there is more to this girl than he thinks there is.

Celegwen

Julianna tried to hide a breathy chuckle at the thought of 100 sheep bleeting before the rooster crowed. She felt the log with her foot and sat down, laying her staff on the side of the log opposite the fire. "I was born with my sight, but I was cursed at four years old."

She reached out and felt the cloth of his robe on his shoulder. "You are absolutely covered in ash, aren't you?" Julianna grinned again and sighed. She moved her hand up to his face and gingerly moved her fingers along his face. She swallowed slightly, took her hand away, and ran her finger along the outer edge of the moonstone. It glowed slightly, and she stopped.

Pitch flew up to a branch, and Julianna lowered her head awkwardly, tucking her hair behind her ear. "Sorry. I know I have an issue with boundaries. All started because of these things." She covered her eyes with her hand. "But yes, I was cursed. What difference does it make?"

almighyxcavus

Excanos grasped one of Julianna's hands with both of his and spoke:
"None, actually it makes us almost one in the same."
Excanos lowered his hood and rolled up his right sleeve.
"I don't know if you can see this or not, but I was cursed as well. In an attempt to take vengeance upon the demonlord thieves that brutally murdered my parents, I summoned my own demon from a book my mother had from her past life, I gave the thieves the death they deserved but at the cost of half my body-" Excanos's voice deepened immensely with a demon-like tone " being consumed by a demon."
Excanos guided Julianna's hand to one of the runes along the mark.
"This is one of many runes used to keep the demon under control, I can access his magic through the use of these runes as well, which is why the campfire is a blackflame right now. All magic that I cast is black as a reminder to my actions that night, hell the demon even scarred my eye almost making it completely shut, every morning when I look in the mirror all I see is myself and the eye of a demon that can and will consume me at any moment. Which is why I've made it my sole duty to avoid as much conflict whatsoever and keep these runes as fresh as often as I can quite the process to get them refreshed as well, but I will find the reason why my parents were executed that night in such a horrific manner."
Excanos rested Julianna's hand onto her lap, he proceeded to get up and start a chant. Soon afterwards black water swirled around him cleansing the ash from his mother's robes.
"Also, I have no problems with boundaries, my mother would almost out of no where pinch and slap my arse whenever she wanted, and since you can not see me, the way you can "see" me is by touch so i do not discourage your efforts."
The water stopped swirling, Excanos lifted his arm and the water flowed over next to the log and froze into two tents. After another brief chant, a fire lit inside the frozen tents.
"There, now there's no way we can freeze out here for the night, I even gave Pitch his own perch and nest to sleep in." 

Salzem

(alright, well, since this is an open topic, I'm not gonna join in. Just don't have the patience for it. The rest of you have fun.)

Celegwen

Julianna gave the first genuine smile she had in a long time. "It's not often I get to honestly confess to being impressed," she said.

She rubbed her fingers together and ran them around the moonstone, then turned in the direction his voice had come from. "Those runes... They felt like they were carved into your body... But, freshly." She lifted the moonstone with another smile. "I'll see it tonight in my dreams, so do not think you can lie to me! Did this happen to you recently?"

almighyxcavus

"I have never told a lie nor will I ever, never needed to so there's no point. To answer your question, yes and no. The runes themselves have been with me ever since I made them to control the curse, but the process of refreshing them requires me to slice the skin in the exact shape of the runes, and the only thing that can actually harm my cursed skin is this blade from my father. On the night when I summoned the demon to enact revenge, it needed a material object to consume as well should I have died in the process, so I offered my father's katana as an object that the demon deemed worthy enough to let me live. After the wounds are open I need to burn them with my black flame to properly seal them otherwise the runes do not become as strong as they need to be, also red does stand out in me mum's white robes."
He didn't know if it was the fact they shared a curse, or the fact that she paid for his drink, but meeting this girl was no coincidence.
"Alright now its my turn to ask a question: whats with that moonstone? Why are you caressing it like a child?"
Me stutterin is completely gone, I guess i do know the works so long as the other one shares the same fate as meh

Celegwen

"That must be painful to do all the time," she said, playing with her drying hair. Pitch chirped sharply, and Julianna jumped up with her staff gripped firmly in her hand.

Pitch dive-bombed a small rodent, and the small squeak reassured her that all was well. Julianna laughed nervously and started kicking dirt onto the fire. "You would think after years with him, I would know what he's saying. Just a little jumpy I suppose."

She felt to make sure there was no more active flame.

"If you would, kindly point me toward these ice tents you've made? By the sudden temperature drop, I believe it is same to assume the moon is nearly directly above us."

almighyxcavus

"You'd be right, thankfully its not a full moon or i'd have to reapply the runes again, they're weaker on full moons and are at their weakest on a solar eclipse. Nearly killed an entire village that day, my other half tried to warn them before hand, I tried to heal them after as well but nothing worked. But hey that's a story for another night, get some rest we've got to get moving by sunrise."
Excanos guided Julianna to her tent, he also lit the flame a tad bit brighter for her sake as well as gave her his top robe to use as a blanket.
He placed his family blade into a perfect crevice in his tent, and began to chant, the flame was encased in blackflame, the flame in the sphere was noticeably bright as well, more so than usual.
"Night. And thanks for the hospitality again."
Excanos bounded into the tent from the top and slammed onto the ground with a loud thud
Black ground arose to perfectly situate his body for a restful night.
2 hours later...
You filthy piece of shite you couldn't honor our death even if you went searching for years for the men who plotted to kill us. Your mother and I could not be more disappointed in you!
You are not the son I once knew your a bloody demon! I WISH YOU WERE NEVER BOR-
Gasping for air Excanos awoke from his deep slumber. Mumbling to himself:
"Whelp, there goes me good night sleep, another nightmare another night to feel completely shite about meself, I bet Julianna is sleeping fine though."
Excanos left his tent as quietly as he could to check up on Julianna, as expected she was fast asleep, along with Pitch.
She sleeping like shes known me for years, almost like a sister... ah well its probably me just making up shite. Better head back to bed to attempt to get a good night's rest.
he spent the rest of the night trying to get into the perfect position.

Celegwen

Julianna awoke, shivering violently. Pitch purred next to her, picking at her hair with his beak. She walked out of the tent and leaned heavily on her staff for support.

"Come here, boy," she said, lifting her arm. He perched on her arm, and she made her way to the log she was sitting on the previous night. "Sometimes these dreams can be hell." Julianna sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose.

She rubbed her neck. "I should've been gone two hours ago, Pitch. This is putting a major dent in my plans!"

almighyxcavus

Hearing a voice come outside from the tent, Excanos awoke abruptly. Checked to see if his blade was still in its crevice, heaving a sigh of relief, it still was. He stepped outside and noticed Julianna practically awake.

"Mornin, sun's about to rise, we'd best get a move on. To wherever you need to get to."
Excanos grabbed his father's blade, the flame dissipated into the mark and placed it on his side. He grabbed the top part of his robe from Julinna's tent. After reciting a brief chant, the tents evaporated, he also covered the firepit with the black mound  he slept on.
"Lead the way."
The two left the site on a beaten path.
"So how'd you sleep? I heard you saying something about seeing things with your dreams?"

Celegwen

"You weren't supposed to be eavesdropping," Julianna snapped quickly.

She suddenly became silent, the only sounds being that of their footsteps and her staff stretched in front of her. Pitch flew above with a watchful eye. She listened at the silence around them.

"Sorry," she said. "I shouldn't have snapped at you." She twirled her amulet. "Look, I kind of have this thing that started when I was twelve. I have the Seer's gift. Basically, I see the future through my dreams. Also, when I touch something and rub around the moonstone on my amulet, it gives me the power to see whatever I touched in my dreams that night." She stopped walking and lowered her voice, forcing him to listen. "Excanos, after touching you and the runes on your body, I touched the moonstone. Last night, I saw everything."

almighyxcavus

"I'm guessing you saw me dream then? I dunno if you saw them or not but my parents were harsh on me as a child, but they loved me nonetheless. At least before they were murdered my father told me `You are an Akvaarian, wear it as proudly as you would wield your sword everyday in training, don't you ever forget that, we love you son, get a good knights rest.` they kissed me on the cheek and left the room. And until the torturing, that was the last I ever saw them happy. But every once in a while the demon corrupts that dream. That's probably what you saw if i wasn't mistaken. I'm sorry you had to see that."

Celegwen

"I saw none of your dream," she said. "I saw your life. Childhood, adolescence, etc. I saw what happened to your parents. I saw your motivation."

She frowned slightly, kicking at the dusty ground. "I saw the version of yourself that you try so desperately to hide, as well as that village you spoke about. Still, I can't stop wondering... Have you tried to control your other half without the help of the runes? Tell me; why do you hide it when it's so pure a form?"

almighyxcavus

Excanos stopped for a moment. The meadow around them whistled quietly, but in tune to something that can be perceived as a funeral.
"Take 20 paces back."
Julianna did as requested. After a brief chant Excanos summoned a clear  black ice wall in front of Julianna, thin enough to see through it, but thick enough to withstand what was about to come.
"Call Pitch down with you as well."
She did as requested.
Excanos revealed his mark in full, from right ring finger to foot and eye.
"Unaki vaus curbas."
Black water swirled violently around his arm, then his leg and eventually his eye. Each of the runes were ripped off entirely and held in the air like captives, blood spewing from each of the holes. But the blood was black as the darkest of nights, it began to erupt in flames as it burned his skin that was not covered by the mark. The flame grew massively, to the point where a figure appeared above Excanos. his head was completely still, his right eye was completely open. It was the eye of a demonknight. A voice boomed from the figure's mouth:
"This is his curse, he bears the mark of the Demonknight Galith, right hand to the king of hell himself. He summoned me to avenge his parents as you already know, but what he failed to realize was that as a the right hand of the king I may do as I please with anyone and anything. he cannot come to terms with his parents murder for he never truly know why they were killed in the first place. For he will die trying to search for them! Isn't that right my puppet? Ah it serves no purpose, when I'm awakened he has no control over me for 5 minutes i am free to reign down any hell I desire with his body. Speaking of which..." 
Excanos, staring completely through Julianna, unsheathed his father's blade, it was coated entirely in black flame, the orb had created another black flame guard on top of the original one.
He raised the blade with one arm, in one slice the entire meadow was completely destroyed in flames, Julianna fell to the ground from the sheer force of the slice, thankfully she and Pitch were unharmed.
"I must warn you, if you dare tell him the truth about his parents, I will guarantee a painful death for you, these runes? Childs play, i can break free whenever i want, giving him the taste of hope of controlling me is what I feast on. I see my time is up, glad to have met you Julianna, I hope we meet again soon... HAHHAHAHAA!"
The figure vanished, the ice wall protecting Julianna evaporated, the seals hastily carved themselves back into their slots, and Excanos passed out onto the ground.

Tags: