Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Moved from The Mountains: What. The. HELL?

Started by Anonymous, May 01, 2005, 12:16:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

HeavenzGift16  
The Fallen Angel
(1/20/04 2:36 pm)
Reply | Edit   What. The. HELL?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Silence plagued the mountains for a few moments. Animals went silent as magic could be felt being conjured... From a newly opened portal flew two humans. A man was holding a girl as the two dove through the air and hit the side of the mountain--or atleast, William did. He back crashed against the mountain side and it didn't help that the girl came hurtling over, hitting him instead of the wall before they both fell to the ground a few feet below.

"Bloody f-cking hell." William said in an angry tone as he layed there, his back on the rocks, looking up at the sky. It was freezing! Snow had blanketed the mountains and William was in a thin longsleeved shirt which ahd been cut from the impact, though he had yet to notice his injuries.

Slowly he got to his feet, wincing as he sat up, feeling very stiff after the impact. Whoever he had grabbed must weigh four hundred pounds because it sure felt like it! And that was him being nice--it felt like he had been hit my a car.

Rubbing his head he looked around and saw the girl. Ah, now he remembered, He'd found her right before where they had been standing blew up. He'd grabbed her just in time.

"What no thank yous for your saviour?" He asked, his scottish accent chiming through. Though he'd lived in England for the larger half of his life, he still had the accent of his native home land, Scottland.

Alice
Unregistered User
(1/20/04 2:55 pm)
Reply    Ditto to that! O_O

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Alice grunted as William's back hit the wall, then grunted again as she unceremoniously toppled to the ground, catching herself just in time with her hands. Which immediately began to ache from the coldness of the snow they were plunged into. Wait a minute...something wasn't quite right. Her senses felt blurry, her head foggy. She quite understand what was wrong, but something told her...WHAT!? SNOW!

With a gasp, she jerked up and scrambled to her feet, dusting off her hands and looking wildly around about, sending her head swimming in protest, and she groaned involuntarily. Ugh...she must be unconscious. This must be some weird lucid dream. Maybe a car had hit her on the way home, and this was all just some weird, unconscious dream. She wouldn't know. She'd never fainted before. But that had to be it. I mean, come on...London crumbling to ashes? Then being pushed through some weird portal and coming to some weird location? Had to be that. She'd be waking up any time now, find her parents at her hospital bedside...

Geez, hopefully she wasn't injured too badly. Her head ached now...maybe that was the extent of her concious injuries? But...wait...her mind was still hazy, but if she could remember right, she had been rushing home in fear before her head started hurting...what if...what if...?

And then, the man that had dragged her through the portal spoke.

She gave a start, and looked over toward him. Rubbing her own head, she gave a shrug. "You're just a dream. I'll be wakin' up soon, so there's no need to be wasting thank yous," she told him with a smile. "Though...m' other dream guys were far more pleasant..."

HeavenzGift16  
The Fallen Angel
(1/20/04 3:06 pm)
Reply | Edit    << William

"Then maybe you should go to sleep," he said, anger and frustration flooding his voice. "Yer not in Kansas 'nymore, Dorothy," he added with a smirk.

He continued looking about. A forest was a bit belong them--they were about level with the treetops from where they were right now on the mountain, wouldn't take too much to get down... But there weren't any cities for miles.. Where they in another world alltogether? The portal should have only taken them somewhere else, not a completely different world! Just maybe to France or something...

Well, he hoped that they were still on earth.

He walked to the edge of the ledge they were on and looked down. "Ladies first," he said motionning with his hand.

Alice
Unregistered User
(1/20/04 3:23 pm)
Reply    Rawr!

"It's Alice, to you!" she replied indignantly, slightly aware of the connotation that could come with that name. Well, truth be told, she did feel an awful lot like Alice from Alice in Wonderland, falling through a portal into another world and all. Perhaps her mum had read that book to her too much as a child.

At least this was just a dream!

Right?

She looked over at him as he spoke, and her green eyes widened. "Er...maybe it's best you go first," she told him, shifting slightly and wrapping her arms around her. It had to be a dream. It did! But...none of her other dreams had been this real. The cold felt awfully real, and the ache in her head was nothing like it had ever been in a dream. She brushed strands of dark brown hair from her eyes, and her fingers tangled a bit in it, causing her to pull a few strands from her scalp. She winced. That felt all too real...

"...this...this isn't real, is't?" she asked suddenly, feeling suddenly a lot colder than the weather would have allowed.

William
Unregistered User
(1/20/04 3:39 pm)
Reply    I'm the Sandman.

"Well no, ofcourse it's not real! I'm the Sandman, Alice." He said smirking, a laugh persuing his words.

"Now, take things for what they are," he said, slipping off the edge and beginning to climb down. "I rescued you, and we ended up here. The sooner we find a phone or a computer, the sooner I can get back to work."

He climbed down and then looked up, waiting for Alice to follow...

Alice
Unregistered User
(1/20/04 3:58 pm)
Reply   Waaaitaminute...

Alice wilted visibly. "You're not serious..." she muttered, and then, seeing he was leaving her, rushed after him and began to carefully work her way down after him. If he was, she certainly didn't want to be left here alone!

Good lord! If he was serious...then...then...wait.

She was trying to get home...the city was crumbling. People were blocking her way, but she was trying so hard to get by them. She had to get home. Her mother would be home...she didn't work, due to a disability, and her father would be home from work by now, and maybe her brother. She had to get to them...she didn't care what was going to happen, she just had to do it...

"LET GO!" she screamed in panic as someone grabbed her, pulling her away from her course. "Please, let go! I have to get home, damn you!" she demanded, struggling...and then they were falling...

"RESCUED ME!?" she suddenly snapped, just as the surge of memories ended, and she nearly lost her grip on the ledge as she lowered herself down. "No, no...if this is real, and if I remember correctly, y' didn't rescue me! I didn't want to be rescued! I told you I didn't! Where's m' family! M' brothers!? M' friends!? Where are wâ€"" She slipped, and grabbed hold of the ledge more firmly, calming herself as best as she could. God, but she was so confused!

William
Unregistered User
(1/20/04 4:06 pm)
Reply   Struck a chord, did I?

William rolled his eyes as she protested. "Hey, if I hadn't taken you 'ere with me, you'd be dead with the rest of 'em. London is gone, Alice. And if we don't get back quick enough, there'll be nothing--" he stopped and stepped forward, arms outstretched as she slipped.

When she regained her footing, he let his arms fall back to his sides. "There'll be nothing left t'get back to." He concluded.

William wasn't quite a compassionate person... Well, that was being soft. William truly didn't care about most things. His entire family alienated him and pushed him out so what more could he expect from others? The one tangible thing he had was his quest to save the earth--well, not quite the goal most eighteen year olds had in mind, but they had never been taught what he had. They'd never seen what he had. They were all too enthralled in their own precious worlds of fake smiles and hugs that they didn'tknow the damage the earth was suffering. And now? One of the world's greatest cities had fallen victim to the darkness. If London could be taken, what next?

Alice
Unregistered User
(1/21/04 11:12 am)
Reply    WHAT!?

"'With the rest of 'em!?'" Alice parroted, her body freezing. "Wot are y' talkin' about!? Dead!? You liar! This isn't exactly something one should joke about!" she told him angrily, her voice rising sharply, partly from the cold, and partly from the onset of the panic that was suddenly gripping her heart. She dropped down beside him, then brushed past him quickly, starting down the rest of the way in a clumsy rush.

"Hurry up! Y' got me into this mess, and you'd better get me out! I have to get back home, understand!? I have to! Mum's prob'ly worried sick about me by now, I shoulda been home a long time ago, they might think me hurt or worse! And you'd better know the way back! I don't care if th' city's a mess, I wanted to bloody stay in the first place, if you hadn't noticed!" she ranted, finding that releasing her anger and stress in the form of words had a bit of a soothing effect.

William
Unregistered User
(1/21/04 11:33 am)
Reply    Do I look like I'm joking?

William sighed. Women had a tendacy to blow things out f proportion and with his great fortune, he had saved an Irish! The Gods must have a sense of humour.

"Do I look like a 'Jokin' kinda lad'?" He asked, following her as she brushed him off and walked alongside her.

"And if you'll face some facts, I just saved your whiny ass from being blown up! So you'd better learn some mannters, lass." He said. Ah, this was bringing out William's defensive side.

"And if you hadn't noticed, I am trying to your you home, lass, but home won't be there anymore for you. It'll be a burnt hole in the ground!" He told her. Alright, when he got angry and started to argue, that Scottish accent he had tended to flutter. "Atleast maybe I can salvage something--you know that's the God damned end of the bloody world, don't yeh? If you idiots would look more then two feet infront of you you'd notice yeh were killin' our home!" He added.

It was people like Alice who brought on the Ragnarok. People like her who had a total disregard for everything around them and only gave a damn about their own precious little lives. She wanted to be with her family? Well they were dead--at best. If she was luck they were dead, if she wasn't then they'd probably become one with the Darkness!

Alice
Unregistered User
(1/21/04 12:57 pm)
Reply    ..............

Well, that did it. Blown up? Burnt hole in the ground? End of the world? William's harsh words while relaying all this information to her didn't help, either. Normally, such a tone wouldn't bother her so much, but this was a truly serious situation, and his tone told her he wasn't joking a bit.

And as much as she wished not to acknowledge it...it made sense. Why else would her home suddenly start to crumble, and for now apparent reason?

She gave a shudder that wasn't caused from the chill air and averted her eyes, but kept moving, even as tears started to blur her vision. It all made sense...but she couldn't understand what else it was the guy was saying. Her fault!? She had nothing to do with this! All she wanted was to go home! That's it! She never wanted to come here in the first place! She didn't want to be saved, not if it meant losing everyone dear to her!

"There'll be somethin' left," she muttered stubbornly, shaking her head and blinking back her tears. "It'll be a mess, I know, but there'll be things left, people left..."

HeavenzGift16  
The Fallen Angel
(1/21/04 1:09 pm)
Reply | Edit    << William

"They've succeeded with London, it'll just all spread. Nothing'll be left of England. In a matter'a days it'll be a memory to the world." He informed her as they trudged on. It was all that damned Mahath's fault, too! Damned demon--or whatever he was!--wherever trouble was William would find him and his other demons around a pile of dead bodies and burning buildings.

"Do yah really think that somethin' tha' can do all tha' damage would leave someone left t'live?" He asked. The faster he could get Alice to suck it up and stop feeling sorry for herself the sooner he could have a better piece of mind.

"And it is yer fault, lass. It's everyone's fault. Humans wanted to take the world over but just couldn't care for 'er." He informed her. His 'r's rolling more than they had been.

"Face the facts, accept them and move on. Yeh don't see me shedding a tear of it."

Alice
Unregistered User
(1/21/04 2:03 pm)
Reply    RAWR!

"Well, maybe tha's because I actually have a heart!" Alice shouted at him, and this time she didn't attempt to hide her tears. She was too angry and upset to care, at this point, and William wasn't helping a bit.

"I'm cryin' because I actually care, okay!? I CARE that people are dyin'! I CARE about m' family an' friends! I love them! A hard concept for yer black heart t' grasp, I think, but true nonetheless! And if yer right an' they're dead..."

She stopped, shivering again. "An' it's not m' fault! I didn't bloody want t' take over the world! I never asked for this...for any of't. I wanted t' stay! Yeah, I wanted t' die if that's what it meant. At least then I'd be with m' loved ones and not stuck with you! I might as well be alone or dead!" Grief, denial and anger had destroyed her common sense for the moment, it seemed...

William
Unregistered User
(1/21/04 2:23 pm)
Reply    Ah Lord

William rolled his eyes. "Blame me if that's what'll cure yer whining. But I've been one of about four lads trying to save the fuckin' planet for people like you!" Hew retorted.

"A wasted cause, it seems to have been. Can't expect much else from anyone. I had t'do it myself. And I decided to save yeh from dying! Of all people, you! The most ungrateful little whining daddy's girl I've ever seen!"

William walked on. If the entire trek was going to be this uplifting he might as well just leave her here and try to salvage something for himself. Aye, but that wasn't right now, was it? No, he brought her out of the world, what better than to throw another one of the idiots back?

Alice
Unregistered User
(1/21/04 2:38 pm)
Reply    Meh...

She watched him walk off, and had half a mind to stay put. She didn't wanna go with him! She could find her own way back...for what little good that would do. But...she wanted to at least see the damage for herself...then she could believe it. But...she just couldn't believe it now.

At least, she didn't want to believe it.

But, she didn't know where she was or where to go, and she wasn't sure William knew where to go, either, but he was her best bet, she had to grudgingly admit.

Wiping away her tears defiantly, she started after him in silence. She had nothing to say to him.