Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Don't Speak

Started by Anonymous, July 25, 2005, 10:34:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Night had fallen upon the land hours ago, an inky blackness causing even the monstrous forms of trees to appear opaque and formless. The two figures that strolled through the thick forest were barely discernable except for their movements, which differed. Both forms were lupine. One was burly and tall, yet moved with caution, his large bulk seeming to flit from tree to tree. The other appeared to care little about detection in the darkness so thick it was almost palpable. He plodded onward with a determination to keep up with the larger. It is doubtful that he would have if the other was not taking such painstaking care to be undetectable, for the second had a severe limp. With each heavy step he would seem to sway precariously, yet regain his balance in time to take another. It was a system the had obviously taken some work; and it still did: judging on the expression of effort in the elder’s face as his tongue lolled out the side of his mouth, appearing dull gray in the surrounding night.
   â€œRav, I can sense something up ahead. Do you feel it? The message of the air is changing,â€? The younger wolf’s voice was akin to a young man’s; the only thing making it unique was his poorly veiled enthusiasm. He did not attempt to hide his hopefulness at the possibility other wolves residing in the area, for he had known Rav for ages, and trusted the old wolf more than any creature still alive.
   The younger wolf had paused suddenly, and it took Rav a few swaying steps to catch up. When he did, he too could notice the sudden heaviness of the air, a smell that many loners feared. Rav took a quick step forward, then stood at attention, as he had not done in months. His neck and back stiffened, and the old wolf drew himself up to full height. The younger could not help but stare at him with delight at his stature. Rav gazed around, the few extra inches giving him a more detailed report of the scents in the air. But as he inhaled, his position wobbled, and the old wolf seemed to be a shell of his former self for a moment, giving a vain effort to stand tall once more. Then he crumbled, emitting great whooping coughs that were so common these days, and made the ruff of the younger wolf bristle worriedly every time he heard them. But the larger youth never had the time to rush forth and inquire after Rav’s health, and when he seemed as if going to take a step closer, the elder wave him away and limped on a few paces, trying to control the cough that caused his body to twist and writhe to accommodate it. He did not even have the chance to voice a few concerned thoughts for, having finally controlled his illness, the older wolf broke out in a speech so enthralling that the younger dared not interrupt. Rav’s voice had become hollowed in the six months the youth had traveled with him, and though it still had exuberance about it, the pitch had dropped to a level akin to a whisper. When the old wolf became excited, as he was now, he often had to pause for fits of coughing before continuing.
He started off this speech, as he had so many others, with the young wolf’s name. “This pack…I know it well. It speaks of the past, dear Azu. The lands past these borders have always been of dark ownership. But it is very odd that the scent on them seems so weak. When I happened past with pack so many years ago, it was full of activity. I wonder-,� He incomplete musing was cut short by another bout of coughing, this one even more violent than the others. Azu’s brow furrowed, but he said nothing, and waited for the fit to be over. But this was no ordinary outbreak, and soon the old wolf’s face was close to the moist grass, his body tense under the cough’s choking grasp. Azu could see the old one’s weathered muscles straining under the weight of his sickness, and became concerned. He paced up and down beside Rav, desperate to help, but never daring to nudge the weakened form of his mentor. Finally, with one final heave, the old wolf released the phlegm in his throat onto the soil, where is formed a thick, semisolid puddle near Rav’s gnarled nails. Rav held himself up for a moment on his front paws, then collapsed upon the rich soil, his chest beating a swift momentum.
“Azu, I am dieing. I have something I must tell you, before I can finally rest. Please, do not interrupt me. It is about your family.� Azu’s eyes widened in shock at both announcements. One was impossible to believe, the other seemed too good to be true. He remained silent, which the elder took as invitation to continue. “I will start at the very beginning, Azu, with your great grandfather. I never met him, but the stories I heard of him. He was a truly ethereal creature, that Longtooth.� Azu’s ears twitched as he heard the name echoing within his skull. It seemed so plain yet…so powerful. He was glad the story was being told in a whisper. Rav continued, “Yes, your great grandfather…where to begin? First off I will say this: your grandfather was an ordinary wolf. He was born without power to a regular couple that passed away with no great deeds to their name. It was what Longtooth did with his life that made him so special. He was born a light wolf…and he died a light wolf. Longtooth wished above all that he could create justice, and that is what he fought for. He considered the dark wolves unjust, and traveled many miles to give his service to the light leaders in a land known as SwiftWolves. There he was considered typical, one of hundreds of light wolf knights. It was there that he met your great grandmother: Aphrodite. She was a delicate beauty, a weakly built frame of creamy white, which contrasted so much with Longtooth’s large, midnight body that it seemed they could be opposites. But their love was strong, and they fought together in the battlefield though Aphrodite was weak. One of their early battles was with the heir to the dark wolf throne, Phantom, and his mate. The battle was a fierce one, and in the end there was no victor, though both parties left with a firm hatred of the other. During this time, Longtooth trained in battle and white magics. He used his powers mainly for healing himself after battles, but as he gained experience, he began to need them for his opponents, who had magic that would choke and burn. Aphrodite had long since retired from the battlefield to their pack’s land, where her talents as a socialite blossomed. Their pack was small and considered insignificant, but it was all Longtooth and Aphrodite had ever wanted. Their joy was doubled when they learned she was with pups, and Longtooth even left the battlefield for a while to care for his mate while her belly swelled. They were ecstatic when two healthy pups were born, and they gave them natural names: Lightfall for the male, and Glidepath for the female. Lightfall was your grandfather, Azu.� Azu had been listening with his mouth open, never wanting the speech to end. Rav grinned at the youth’s expression, gave a few hacking coughs, and continued, “This is where the story takes a turn for the worse. If was a month or two after the birth of his children, and Longtooth had long since wandered back to the battlefield. He had many victories under his belt, and had never felt more confident. Longtooth was one of the most powerful light wolves at the time, and was beginning to receive attention from some extremely influential pack alphas, even Whitelightning herself. She was the leader of the oldest and largest light wolf pack, and one of the most powerful wolves to have ever lived. She informed Longtooth of a tournament being held for any who had the nerve to enter. The winner would earn a fabulous prize and boost the morale of their faith through the roof. Longtooth entered that day. When he rushed home to tell Aphrodite, she seemed happy, but inside I think she knew no good would come of it. You see, her children had grown to become young adults. She had to look after them without Longtooth’s aid, for he was off fighting most of the time. The once happy family was losing stability. Longtooth was fooled by her poor show of enthusiasm, and left the next day to compete. He defeated each of his opponents with ease, as he knew he always would. In fact, it seemed everyone knew that in the end, the light champion would have to face the dark. Longtooth’s final opponent was a female called Darkfate. She was revered by the dark side for her cunning and power. Longtooth had heard of her, and she of him. They finally clashed on the battlefield, and as they exchanged blows, the weak-hearted Aphrodite lost control of her children.�
At this moment, Rav paused for yet another fit of coughing while Azu sat stunned before him. Rav, taking advantage of Azu’s stony silence, continued as if he had never paused, “Both of the children resembled their father in build, but it was only Lightfall whose personality matched Longtooth’s almost exactly. Perhaps if Longtooth had exercised more influence over him, he would have become a famous light wolf knight like his father. But this was not to be. Glidepath had the liquid-like personality of her mother, one that can be easily shaped and molded. I actually think Aphrodite favored her lovable daughter because she was the only thing the poor alpha female had control over. Glidepath was a beauty with long reddish-brown hair and an innocence that made her easy to like. Lightfall was a different case. While Glidepath dealt with the absence of their father by becoming the social director of the area, Lightfall became more reclusive and difficult to be around. He wanted so much to attract the attention of his famous father that he was willing to go to extremes to do so. He became sullen, got into fights, made a decision that broke his family’s heart and eventually destroyed his own: he left the pack and became a dark wolf. Here is where the story leaves Longtooth. No one ever knew what became of him. The last anyone ever heard was that he was still away at the tournament. But Longtooth, unlike his opponent, was mortal. He died a long time ago. Aphrodite and Glidepath lived with each other for comfort, and for all anyone knows, died together as well. It is Lightfall who made history. The dark brown wolf joined the pack of Dark Angel, the leader of all dark wolves. Few dark wolves ever knew Longtooth had sired two children; so many assumed Lightfall was simply a dark wolf from other lands. He was treated with a sort of cold politeness, and spent his days in solitude, until he met a wolf that changed his life forever. Her name was Talon. How Lightfall loved her… When I spoke with him before his death, you could feel his passion when he spoke her name. She was the granddaughter of Dark Angel however, and the lupine equivalent of royalty. Though they quickly became friends, Lightfall could feel her older brothers watching him with suspicion, for never had their sister taken to an unknown wolf so quickly. Surely Talon saw him as only a friend, but to Lightfall, she quickly became much more. His love of her gave him ambition, and he trained relentlessly in schools such as hunting, battle tactics, and magic. Lightfall’s specialty was magic of the flame, and he soon found how easy the fire was to control with such feeling burning inside him. Lightfall had made up his mind to win Talon’s heart, but unfortunately, he was not alone. His main competition was from a wolf known Thorn. Thorn was enamored with Talon, a feeling that had developed over time, as they had been inseparable as pups. Falling in love seemed the next step and, much to Lightfall’s annoyance, Thorn seemed a perfect candidate for Talon and was heartily supported by her brothers, who looked upon Lightfall as some sort of scum unworthy of Talon’s time. Thorn was a very influential dark wolf, being a student of Darkfate’s, the same Darkfate the Longtooth had fought so long ago. As Lightfall and Talon began to spend more time together, her brothers, seeing him as a threat to Talon and Thorn’s union, decided to run him off. They confronted him in front of her, calling him a light wolf (who knows if they truly knew of his heritage) and urging Talon to choose the right wolf to give her heart to. Now everything was out in the open, and Talon was unable to choose. While Lightfall argued with Talon’s brothers, Thorn strode silently from the undergrowth, and gave his attention to Talon alone. Her brothers did not interfere, and shoved the rejected Lightfall out of the way. Lightfall knew Talon’s choice as he studied the look in her eyes when Thorn comforted her, and felt his heart crushed under an unsupportable weight. He stumbled away from where Talon had made her choice, and vowed to become a greater wolf than Thorn, so Talon might see all he could offer her. He took a student, a female less interested in learning the dark art of magic than attracting his attention. He loved Talon still, but this female eventually won over his weak conscious, and became pregnant soon after. Lightfall had long left the pack in shame, and now felt similar feelings as he saw the loving emotion in the female’s eyes while he thought of Talon still. He wondered what had become of her, for he had not seen her face in months. When the pup was born, a weak, little male, Lightfall was absent for several weeks, pining for his youth. The pup was weaned and fed up by his simpering mate in preparation for the day Lightfall would return. When he did, he stayed only long enough to give the pup a name, Sharptrail, before leaving once again. Lightfall wandered across the lands, searching for Talon, yet hoping he would never see her and have to feel such pain again. This was not meant to be, however, for one day he strayed into a neutral territory quite new to him, and there she was…with him. She and Thorn romped and played like puppies, her laughter like a bubbling creek as they rolled together in the grass. Lightfall forced himself to feel no emotion, and turned away. His breakdown came several days later. Lightfall tortured with passion, lost his mind. The magical power surged through his veins and was released in a giant explosion that rocked the earth. All around him the anguished cries of creatures rose into the air as the earth crumbled. Within an hour, all of SwiftWolves had been destroyed, the mangled corpse of Lightfall slipping into an open chasm, never to be seen again.�
Rav’s breath was stuttered, but he continued to speak. “I was there, just a pup at the time. Your father and I had met at a young age when I wandered away from my den. Your grandmother used all the magic Lightfall had taught her, probably all the power her weakened mind could hold, to conjure a portal for the three of us. We did not know where we were going, but had we not left, neither you nor I would be alive today, Azu. We landed in a tropical place. I remember the heat was sweltering and the air moist, but at least the ground was intact. It was so bright, so…� Rav’s voice trailed away. He had obviously not dug these memories out from the back of his mind for a long time. “Sharptrail’s mother, when we turned back to look at her…she wasn’t there. We never knew what became of her. We feared for our lives in that uncharted place, but we were saved before we came across anything harmful. There was a tiger that lived where we had left the portal. His name was Kyros. He claimed ownership over the lands, and assumed that we were siblings and our mother dead. He took us to his den and kept an eye on us. No, we never saw him as a father figure. He was more a visitor that fed us than anything. As we grew, we saw him less, but we did not really mind. I think we always feared he would one day tire of our presence and decide to kill us. So we left when we around your age. There had once been wolves in the area, but for some reason there were none at this time, so we simply traveled through the abandoned territories, hunting the area and moving on. They were restless years. It was this way until Sharptrail met your mother. It was a random thing. We were traveling in the area where you were born and we came across a flighty female. She was not a loner like your father. In fact, Azu, she was the daughter of an alpha in the surrounding area. This is where I left the story. The two were in love, and I felt it was not my place to intrude upon their happiness. It was several months later when your father appeared out of nowhere, terrified and pale. He and his mate had been discovered by her pack, he told me, and he was running for his life. He also told me of your location in a nearby dark pack. He begged me to keep an eye out for you when I was in the area, and reclaim you on your first birthday. I have not forgotten my promise.�
Azu continued to listen intently to the silence, ears straining to catch any sound at all. When it was obvious that Rav had finished his tale, the youth ventured a question cautiously, “But why did you never-�. His voice was suddenly drowned out by another fit of the elder’s coughing, so violent that it rocked his body. Then, as sudden as a light being switched off, the fire in the old wolf’s eyes was extinguished and his body lay limp and fragile as a twig upon the ground. The air became cold, and Azu bucked backwards as if a putrid stench had invaded his nostrils. He knew that Rav had been correct when he predicted he death, he had known it then also. For months Rav had seemed different, and Azu cursed himself for always tiptoeing around like the old wolf was on his deathbed. At least that is what he had done. He had always expected the elder’s failing health to be some sort of act, a test. Yet now there was a rigid carcass (the thought chilled Azu to the bone) before him. He had never been more alone. But even as he felt such sorrow boil inside his body, he could hear the gruff voice of the living Rav in his brain, telling him to get over it, not show any emotion. Was this what Rav had meant? It seemed so easy to understand when the elder had lived. Azu took a shaky step backwards as the thought dawned upon him that he would never be given advice he could trust again, that he would never have his mentor at his side again. As the emotion welled up inside him once more, churning his organs into a bottomless pit, Azu closed his eyes forcefully and clenched his jaw. In the next moment he whipped around and was racing through the brush, barely noticing the scent of ancient wolves becoming stronger in his nostrils as the pale mists of morning cleared to reveal endless hills. He ran to escape his pain, to escape his past. He collapsed at what seemed to be ages later, deep in the heart of an unknown territory. The sun blazed mercilessly upon his shaking back. Where was he?

Anonymous

Drogo was hunting in the woods. It was getting dark and the forest was whispering words. Drogo could hear them. The silent humming filled his ears with an old language long dead. Only he and some of the wild beasts could hear it. It was a gift from his mother that grew into something more. He could understand any language he wanted to, and if he tried real hard, he could read minds. But that took too much effort and though he wasn’t lazy, some things were just better found out the good old way of talking. Drogo wandered the woods a bit more. Gliding into the tree shadows, he became the on coming darkness. If a Human were to see him they would think of him only as the shadow of a small doe, for the size of him was such. If another beast were to see him, they would hide as quickly as they could, for any wolf was dangerous, but a wolf his size was abnormally so. Lost in his thoughts, the lone wolf traveled a bit deeper into the black woods, when a small gust of wind swept into his nose. He paused. It told him so much and yet so little for the strange scent was one of wolves; but there was also the scent of death on the air. Wolves, though he was one of them, never could he be part of them. It was his blood and mage’s magic that damned him. Only briefly was he allowed into the nightmare pack for mating, but after that last Alpha male he killed for a mate, he decided it might be best never to make contact again. Though Drogo was content to spend his days with himself as a companion, he longed for another companion of some sort. So, in a flying run, he took off. Never even rustled the leaves for such was his magic. He was what the other creatures would call a ghost, if they even knew he existed, for he never made a sound, never made his presence known in action, and if seen, it was his haunting manner that made him unearthly. But he was fur and blood, and loneliness was what kept him an animal. Loneliness made him seek these wolves. Such was the drive for Drogo.

He found the dead wolf. It just lay there as if it was asleep but Drogo know better. He seen to many deaths to know its foul sent. He checked the wolf out and with some of his magic, knew that the wolf died of an illness and with old age. But here there was two sent that wiped around his nose. One was fairly new, one of a young wolf male. Another, a more faint sent of a pack of wolves. Making a choice he follow the newer sent and with a sprit he began stalking his prey.

Out of the dark woods and into the rolling hills, Drogo kept sprinting. He knew he was getting close for he could smell the exhaustion off the younger wolf.  Drogo then stopped running, the older smell of a pack was getting stronger and he was in dead sunlight. Cruse his stupidity, Drogo thought, he needed to take cover. An idea came to him. He crept slowly to the top of the hill, and low behold, there was his young pup now. He gave a wolf smile and with his mind he made an illusion of tress to surround the pup. Though it might be quiet odd to find trees here, if any beast were to travel through they would go right past him and not even notice he was there. It would be like stepping into a forest on foot, then stepping right out the next foot. Drogo then crept towards the yelp now and waited for him to wake up.

Anonymous

The youth was running through the dark growth of a forest. The trees were charred and twisted, evidence of a fire, of the poisonous wasteland this area had become. They crowded against one another, blocking all directions of travel except the path that Azu now ran. It seemed a dead trail, a trail that no living thing dare touch. But was he a living thing? He could not know anymore. Though his muscles pumped, urging his body forth at all the speed it could bear, he could feel no refreshing wind dancing off his face and playing with his fur. Wind did not exist anymore. There would be no way of altering the heavy blanket of heat that pervaded. As suddenly as a sheet being pulled off an object to reveal its true identity, the trees were no longer on either side of him. He did not look back to see if they had only been a figment of his imagination, but continued forth, paws leaving barely an imprint in the dry ash. The moon was merely a dark sphere silhouetted by reddish clouds. Now that he noticed, it seemed that this treeless expanse all had a reddish tint- even the ash that floated as if in a daze through the windless sky. As Azu traveled further into the nothingness, the hue of the color intensified until his very paws seemed to be covered in blood. The youth’s eyes skipped to the opaquely red horizon, then moved steadily upwards to rest upon the moon. It was unobstructed now, and resembled a sticky pupil, a burning circle of fire. He became mesmerized by its color, how it was so constant, yet the tints ever changing. He barely knew if he was running any more…why did the pads of his paws still hit the soft ground steadily? The color was so horribly beautiful…
      But he could no longer feel the ground supporting him. Did it even exist anymore? The circle of fire did. He felt his stomach churn and leap to his throat as he flew forward, and with an ungraceful thump his frame collapsed into the springy bed of ash. His eyesight was mottled as the flecks of gray invaded his eyes, and he brought a shaky paw swiftly forth to try and dust them away. The first emotion he felt was surprise at his fall, a feeling that quickly melting into anger. He looked up at where the blazing circle was, only to find that in those few distracting seconds the clouds had rolled over and nearly obliviated the addicting bright light, transforming it to a mere gentle glow. Azu’s next motion was to whip around and glower at the object that had caused him to lose balance, surely the only solid thing besides him in this whole merciless world. At first it seemed to be only a stiff, log-like thing. But as his butter-hued eyes adjust to the dappled red light, the snarl upon his lips turned into a squeak of fear. The object was a creature. The creature was the lifeless form of Rav. He lay on his side, body tense and contracted as if writhing in pain during its final moments of life. The dead Rav’s jaws were agape, and red moonlight reflected off of the teeth, giving them a blood-soaked appearance. His face was contorted in an expression of fear and pain, his eyes like marbles, glassy and expressionless.
      Azu began to shake uncontrollably in both terror and sorrow. He heard the uncertain sound of footfalls behind him, and turned so swiftly he nearly lost what balance he had regained by supporting his body by two legs, his hindquarters limp upon the ashy ground. A wolf-like being was racing towards him, made of all fire. Its snarls were the most frightening and deep sounds Azu had ever heard. His eyes widened as it launched itself forward, moving at a speed the seemed unearthly. He shook his head in disbelieved in horror as the being closed in upon him. It neared. It was upon him. “NOOOO!â€? the scream was soon blotted out by the frigid sound of the wind in the trees, so loud it blotted everything from the young Azu’s mind.

He awoke with a gasp, then a quick breath. The intake of air to his lungs was audible and short as the adolescent shook in fear. Azu’s pupils were dilated and shifted in small spurts, absorbing the details of his surroundings. With a few final gasping breaths, the young wolf controlled his dread. All was silent for a moment as his body rose from the ground, then a sudden headache gripped him without warning and caused his large form to crash into the long grass once more. Only bits of his dream were returning to him: the heat of the night, the glassy eyes of his departed friend, the heat of the lupine demon as it tackled him. A shudder coursed through Azu’s body down to the tip of his tail, one final shudder. Control yourself! Azu’s brain scolded his body, and his thoughts turned instead to the forest surrounding him. The nightmare had driven all memories of the environment from his mind, so he did not notice that he had first collapsed in a meadow, and now saw only alders and maples wherever he turned. He did not even know the path back to Rav’s body. Azu’s second attempt at rising was more successful, though his right back leg had a small cramp in it from being laid on for so long. How long had he been asleep anyway? Too long he mused to himself. The sun was now much lower in the sky. It would set soon.

OOC: Yeah, kinda pointless post. But gives your char time to make himself known before Azu moves on...if ya want. :)

Anonymous

Drogo’s deep golden eyes focus on his prey as his mind kept blank. Tempting it was to pry into the young pup’s mind, to see what he had been running from, he knew he wouldn’t do it and would be a wasted effort. Drogo sat on his bum, back straight and head still. He sat like this to help keep from being notices. To appear as something more or less than what he was. His magic was part of him and his surroundings, and that gave him the keys to play mind tricks. Not even the slight breeze rustles his pitch-black fur. Even the sun’s glare as it moves slowly down towards the tips of the tree seem not to affect him, making his fur a deep dull black, as if a shadow laid upon his body. Then in liquid movement, Drogo stood up.

He slowly inch towards the pup when he sense a fear in the pup as he slept and curiosity flirted with Drogo’s mind. Decide that he would be safe, but not knowing the pup’s aggression towards strangers, he silently padded towards him. Drogo got close enough to bend and touch the pup’s nose if he wanted too. He circle around the young wolf, carefully not to even leave a presences of smell, he sniffed the young one. Getting flashes of running wildly and another older wolf was all Drogo’s mind could filter. He then stood, still over the yelp and took a good look at the pup. A perplex looked crossed his face. The pup was the oddest color of a grayish blue, something that Drogo never seen. The pup was tall and lanky, and though he could tell the wolf was strong, he knew that the pup had once poor health. He also notice that for a wolf, he was taller than most but didn’t quiet compare to his tall build. “Like most would,� Drogo thought bitterly. Standing 4ft tall, he towered over wolves. The only wolf bigger than him was his mother. But the pup was still young; he might grow more.

Then he froze and with skill and practice, he jumped back as a breeze and blended himself into the forest, another illusion, and watch as the pup gasp for air. He study the jerky movements of the pup calming himself. Drogo’s head cock to the side as he watch the wolf get up, then fall down. He watched as the wolf attempted to get up again and this time stood standing. An impulse thought took over and Drogo acted upon it. Before young pup could run off again, Drogo took his illusion off and stood right in front of the wolf. He then gave a pup a wolfish smile and in a very low tone said, “Hello young one, I mean no harm…� was all he said as he waited for the wolf’s reaction.

OCC: yeah mines kinda just more a interduction and descritive than anything. I hope you didn't mind me describing your wolf, I checked out his stat page before hand. you can correct me if you want. just tell me :D

Anonymous

Soon after he awoke, Azu had felt a large feeling of unidentified emotion swell within his abdomen. He twitched as he tried to control and understand it. This was quite unlike the feelings of sheer terror he had succumbed to only moments before him. No…it was more like a feeling. It was just a feeling. Something here was not right, not truthful or wholesome. Or…maybe he was being paranoid. Azu stared blankly into the shade of the encroaching trees, butter-hued eyes flitting from branch to grassy ground. Everything seemed in its place, perfect. Was perfect possible? This scene seemed to be constructed as if by someone’s imagination. There were no marks of life upon the tree, real life. Absent were the scars of lightning and claws upon the bark. There were no paths, footprints, even scents. The thick gray ruff that lined Azu’s neck rose swiftly in suspicion and wonder, then quickly settled, scattering in all directions as his mind battled his body. This is stupid he told himself. What was he expecting anyway? His fears were playing tricks upon him. The gray youth’s sharply featured muzzle rose as if examining the air, then cocked back in mock laughter. How foolish he had acted in believing that the woods in front of him were not right. There they were! He was just settling back and preparing to rise when the sudden intake of breath proved to the yearling just how mistaken one could be when making assumptions about magical abilities.
The next few moments were a whirlwind of motion. Azu’s once determined and confident expression faltered as if he had been slapped in the face as he turned midair, and the stranger addressing him saw a flicker of bewilderment before he was greeted with a deep growl. Azu, in his inexperience, responded to anything he did not understand with aggression, and he certainly appeared to be an impressive opponent. The gangly body was tensed, drawing the young wolf to full size and potential. His gray-blue fur was strewn at all angles, bristled much like a spitting cat’s and adding at least a half inch to his bulk. His face twisted into an expression of such ferocity that it almost disguised the fright and uncertainty within his eyes. For though his glistening fangs were bared and he seemed fully capable of striking without warning, Azu was deeply intimidated by the stranger. The deep grooves in his brow were knots of worry and his shaky stance and sign of nervousness rather than eagerness to spill blood. For now that Azu had glimpsed the wolf that had disturbed him, and he had no wish to do combat with the beast. What the youth saw was a giant of wolves. He had been so used to towering over others of his kind and now there was another larger and older than he. Though he could not sense any spite in this stranger, his was mistrustful of anything that was capable of creeping up behind and spooking a wolf at full alertness. The stranger’s greeting had gone completely unnoticed, the words drowned out by the voice of Azu’s bluff rumbling up from within his throat. Such a fate truly was bad luck, for Azu’s reaction might have been different had he heard assurances of his disturber’s harmlessness.

Anonymous

Drogo was quick to temper; though he did try to control it. It was partly his fault that he scared the young pup. But still, he rose up more and let out a warning growl. He felt slightly amuse that the pup would think that he could take him on. But then, Drogo thought that too when he was the young wolf age. He really didn’t want to fight the pup, more than anything Drogo just wanted to play or run with the wolf, for the loneliness in him was consuming. So he tried again, this time a little louder with more power. “Young wolf, hear me now, I do not mean any harm, stop and listen to me, I just want to talk.� then Drogo did the most unthreatening thing he could. He sat his bum on the ground and cocks his head to the right, in what seem to be in a relax position. But he hold on tightly to his magic, for if needed, he would use it.

Anonymous

OCC:Are we still on??? Or can I move my character?

Anonymous

OCC: i am sorry to do this but i am going to move my character. maybe another time. hope you can come back soon.