Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Faeries and pixies and demons, oh my!

Started by Rhindeer, December 28, 2004, 11:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoblinFae, wandering_giraffe and 31 Guests are viewing this topic.

Rhindeer

[MOVED THREAD! And I'm especially lazy right now after moving a ton of threads, so...ahem...I'll clean it up later...]

Small Wonder  
Bishounen Hunter
(9/21/04 3:36 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del All
    Faeries and pixies and demons! Oh my!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 The sun was fading fast, and with it, Raijah's consciousness. He was exhausted! This day had been especially busyâ€"and trickyâ€"and he hadn't come out of it unscathed.

Sitting beneath an ancient tree, he willed his violet eyes to stay open as he wrapped his left arm with a cloth, wincing whenever he touched the flesh the wrong way. A long, deep gash stretched up from around his elbow to near his shoulder, red and enflamed, though the bleeding, at least, had long since stopped. For the most part. Argh.

Stupid humans!

Well, alright...so it had actually been the bear's doing...but it had been the humans' fault! After all, they had been the ones to set the trap, and the bear was simply acting out of pain, fear, and instinct. And in her panic she'd mistaken him for a human, apparently, because she'd lashed out violently and refused to let him near her. Or tried to.

It'd taken a while before he was able to free her, and that was partially due to the bear's own exhaustion. Which was lucky, because had that not been the case...things would have gotten a lot nastier. Hell, even after he freed her she was violent, and she only came to realize what he truly was when he finally healed herâ€"and he could only heal her after her leg was free of the trap that was crushing it.

Quite a situation, indeed. He was lucky he'd deal with similar situations before, otherwise he'd have come out worse than just a scratch and a mangled quarterstaff.

But, he didn't blame her. He blamed the humans. Idiots. He was always cleaning up after them. If he could only encounter them, they'd get a good talking to. And if he weren't bound by honor, they'd get a lot more than that!

They were free to hunt here. But trapping? That was a big no-no. Especially the trapping of a mother like that bear!

Grumbling to himself in annoyance, he finished binding his wound, and then tiredly laid back against the tree and shut his eyes. Finally. Slee--

A shadow passed over his eyes. "JAH-JAH!"

Raijah jolted upright so fast he nearly toppled over where he sat...but not just because of the motion itself. Pain shot through his arm, and he sucked in his breath with a curse. "Ishtaq!" he groaned, unable, for the moment, to form any other coherant words.

Ishtaq, of course, was immensely amused, and was giggling like the sadistic pixie she was. "Heehee! What? Aren'tcha happy to see me, Jah-Jah? Ohhhhh! I see!" She flitted over to him, hovering near his shoulder. "Awwww...Jah-Jah's got a boo-boo...does he need me to kiss it 'n' make it feel all better?"

Raijah grumbled something that sounded suspiciously like an explicative, and Ishtaq burst into laughter. She reached out a tiny hand to pat him on the head. "Yer so cute 'n' charming when your pissed. Hey! Speaking of which! I brought ya your friend!"

Nursing his arm, Raijah cocked an eyebrow without looking up at Ishtaq. "...Friend?"

"Uh huh! Just wait! You'll love her!"

"...Her?" This time Raijah did look up, both eyebrows raised as he stared at Ishtaq both suspiciously and skeptically. "Ishtaq..."

"Just hush! She's comin'!"

Blue the Traumatized
SotE addict
(9/21/04 5:40 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del    C.l.a.w.f.i.n.g.e.r.e.d.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 "What the hell did you get yourself into this time?" A familiar voice asked, cool and full of twisted amusement. Rakkalepta slowly flitted to the ground, and though in a relatively short skirt, managed not to flash anyone on the ground below. Her characteristic smirk was in place, arms crossed.

"Seems I was right Ishtaq, he did get into trouble. I should have made a bet..." A soft snicker came forth, and she grinned mildly at the little pixie.
Calmly strolling up to the disgruntled Raijah, Rakk knelt and glanced at his arm in a way that proved she did not see as everyone else did.
"That's infected you know." She mused, brushing some blue hair from her face. "What got you that bad?" She glanced at his mangled quarterstaff and smirked.
Oh yes, she was definately amused by his misfortune.

Small Wonder  
Bishounen Hunter
(9/22/04 6:15 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
    Yep!
 Ishtaq laughed. "Yeah, ya should! But ya can always make a bet on the future! Shouldn't be too long before he's beat up again!"

"Bets?" Raijah was rubbing his brow with his other hand. Aw man...he should have known Ishtaq would find the fae that so loved to gross him out by mangling her wings every chance she got! Which Ishtaq, of course, found irresistably "awesome". Seemed they were great pals. Not surprising.

And, of course, they both seemed to find his misery amusing.

"A bear. She was in a human trap," Raijah replied curtly, ignoring Ishtaq's snigger. "And howd'ya know it's infected?" he asked, this time in surprise as he quickly unwrapped his bandage a bit to look at it. It was really red...but he had figured some of that was bloodstains. Argh...just what he needed. An infection.

"Yeah right! I'll bet you got tangled in a bush or somethin'!" Ishtaq laughed. "A bear? Really, Jah-Jah, ya can lie better than that!"

Raijah glared at her, and she giggled. "Heehee...you're so cute when you're mad. Isn't he, Rak?"

Rakkalepta and Raijah. Hey...that had a nice ring she hadn't thought of before!

Blue the Traumatized
SotE addict
(9/22/04 8:09 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del   C.l.a.w.f.i.n.g.e.r.e.d.
 "A bear?" She repeated, glancing yet again at the wound that was now open to the wind. She did not see the wound really, but she could see variations between the healthy flesh and that which had been damaged.
And she could see the budding infection, bright against the reddish background.

At Ishtaq's interesting little comment about Raijah's cuteness when angry earned a mildly amused grin, and an interesting response.
"Excruciatingly."
She set her attention back to the wound, apparently pondering it closely, wings fluttering sporadically behind her.
"I know, because I can see it. The vision you use is blinded to me, so I see in an entirely different way. There's an infection starting up, and it looks like it'll be a nasty one."
One that could potentially prove deadly, though she did not let that part out just now. No need to scare anyone...yet...

"Of course, I'm sure you know of something in this place that can help, besides a good cleaning and some fresh bandages."
It was surprising to hear words like that come from her mouth. Then again...this body was that of a fey...annoyingly enough, to Rakk...
The tendency for a caring side was sometimes too strong to override.  

Small Wonder  
Bishounen Hunter
(9/23/04 10:49 am)
Reply | Edit | Del
   I'm a healer, not a doctor!
 Ishtaq was grinning mischievously as she watched, butterfly wings fluttering behind her as she hovered. Rakkalepta thought he was cute, too! Heh heh heh...and awww...they were hitting it off already! Lookit that...they were gonna play doctor together...

So far, so good!

Raijah winced as Rakkalepta spoke--purposely ignoring her previous comment concerning his supposed "cuteness". Geez...alright, so he was lucky Ishtaq did bring her here. He hadn't seen anything unusual about the wound, himself... "Something in this place that can help?" he repeated suddenly, blinking. "You mean...aside from magic?"

He grimaced. Aww man...that meant none of them were healers. He couldn't heal himself, Ishtaq didn't have the ability, and obviously Rakkalepta couldn't. That meant doing it the slow way. Which was always annoying. And inconvenient.

"This place is full of medicinal plants," he told her. "There's a red-hued one that grows in damp, shadowed areas, and it helps promote healing and fight against impurities...think that'd work for infection?"

He was by no means an expert in this area. He was a healer, not a doctor!

Blue the Traumatized
SotE addict
(9/26/04 6:45 pm)
 Rakk sighed heavily at his first response. "Yes, aside from magick." She wasn't entirely sure she could still pull on the magickal reserves within this body. Sure, the faerie had been able to heal, but her soul had been replaced with Rakk's, and she definitely was no healer.
Damn...
Well, if worst came to worst...

"I don't know, maybe. We can try, but if things get bad, as it seems it will, I have one last option. But only if it's absolutely necessary."
With that, she stood and moved away from the injured fey. "Stay with him Ishtaq, I'll go herb hunting."
She snorted at the self-appointed job, then took off into the forest. This wouldn't be too difficult...she could look for the auras of healing plants, which should be a dark green...

And so the search began.

Small Wonder  
Bishounen Hunter
(9/27/04 4:14 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
   Aye aye!
 "Another option?" Raijah asked, but Rakkalepta had already started away, leaving Raijah writhing mentally with curiosity. What option? If worst came to worst...

She better not be thinking about cutting off his arm. For some reason, he wouldn't put that past her...

Ishtaq grinned and held up her hand in a salute. "Will do!" she said as Rakkalepta took off into the woods before flitting down to perch on Raijah's shoulder. She shook her head and clicked her tongue as she peered down at his wounded arm. "Geez...I leave ya alone for a minute..." she reprimanded playfully. "Oh well! Look's like you'll be gettin' a cool scar when it heals! Heh! Really lucky I brought Rak!"

Not the best first--well, okay, second--impression...his being injured kinda put some plans on the backburner for the time being, but...oh well!

"How ya feelin', Jah-Jah?" Ishtaq asked, voice this time sincerely concerned.

"Alright..." Hrm. Maybe some of it was psychological, but, indeed, Raijah wasn't quite feeling his best. His arm was really starting to hurt.

Blue the Traumatized
SotE addict
(9/27/04 6:45 pm)
 It took Rakk the better part of an hour to find all the plants and herbs with healing auras about them. Of course, she could not tell what plants and herbs did what, so she'd have to bring them all back to Raijah and let him decide which to use.
As she said, she was no healer.

Using the front of her button up shirt as a sort of holding area, Rakk started back. Now held in the dip of her shirt were many differnt kinds of plants and herbs, a few collected of each. She flew carefully, keeping a firm hold of the shirt so as not to drop any of the plants she had spent so much time collecting. The scratched aquired from picking through brambles were quickly healing, though a few deep scratches still remained. Not that Rakk rightly cared.

Coming within sight of Raijah and Ishtaq, Rakkalepta landed and calmly walked over to them both. She dumped the plants before Raijah uncerimoniously and crossed her arms, the shirt falling back in place and again covering her stomach.
"Alright, which ones?"
She asked coldly and without much feeling, staring down at the two and waiting for a response. She really didn't want to play doctor, but it seemed she had no choice...

Small Wonder  
Bishounen Hunter
(9/28/04 3:15 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
   Eenie meenie... >.>
 Raijah's eyebrows lifted at the sight of all the plants Rakkalepta had collected. He certainly hadn't expected her to collect so many different types. And he certainly had no clue as to what half of them did. He knew they were all medicinal--to live out here, you had to know what plants were good, bad, and completely harmless--but as to what medical purpose they served, exactly...he hadn't a clue.

The only one he really knew anything about was the red one he'd mentioned earlier, and even there his knowledge was painfully limited.

"Which ones? Uh...that one." He pointed to a plant with fleshy, reddish leaves. "That's the one I was talking about. I don't know what the other ones do..."

"Aww! Look whatcha did, Jah-Jah! Rakk went and got aaaall those plants and got all scratched up!" Ishtaq exclaimed, and Raijah winced in surprise when she gave his hair a yank. "And you, dummy, don't even know what they do! Did ya even pay a bit of attention to Makyo?"

"You know botany was never my--hey, you didn't either!"

Ishtaq shrugged. "I wasn't the one being taught," she replied simply. "Besides, my area of expertise is darker stuff, not plants, silly." With that, she fluttered back over to Rakkalepta to watch her progress, butterfly wings shimmering.

Raijah shook his head in irritation and leaned back against the tree, but then sat back up when, through his irritation, something Ishtaq had said rang true. He looked over at Rakkalepta. "Hey, uh...thanks, by the way..." he told her. Ishtaq was right. She had been gone at least an hour scrounging around for herbs for him, something she certainly didn't have to do. After all, she was a dark fae...

Blue the Traumatized
SotE addict
(9/28/04 6:02 pm)
 Rakk didn't really want to get into the fact she had just wasted an hour collecting plants nobody knew anything about. Therefore, she simply shrugged at his thanks.
"Want me to get more of those then?"
She asked, kneeling and feeling the red-leaved plant closely with her fingers. She memorized the small differences in it's aura compared to other plants, and hoped she could remember it when she might have to get more.
As she said, she was blind to the vision Raijah and Ishtaq used.
Which technically meant she did not even know what Raijah or Ishtaq looked like in detail...just their auras and heat signatures reflected into her eyes...

The demonic faerie awaited an answer, crossing her arms and continuing to kneel upon the ground.
"Times wasting, the infection is getting worse already." Rakk noted, the only one able to see the infection thus far.

Small Wonder  
Bishounen Hunter
(9/29/04 3:32 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
   ^^;;
 "I...think that should be enough..." Raijah replied haltingly. In other words, he wasn't completely sure. "Ah...well, we can always go with what we have now, and if more is needed, collect it as we need it," he suggested finally, and cringed when she stated the infection was growing worse.

He couldn't see the infectionâ€"save for the obvious redness and swellingâ€"but he could certainly feel it; the whole area in and around the wound was throbbing painfully, making him wince. It wasn't like it was the first time he'd been wounded; he'd been in actual battles and had suffered injuries worse than this. But there was always a fae healer to tend to injuries and, thus, this was the first time he'd ever experienced an infection. A serious one, at least.

Once this was over, he'd make a point of studying up on plants...

"D'ya need help, Rakk?" Ishtaq asked, hovering over her shoulder.

Blue the Traumatized
SotE addict
(9/29/04 8:21 pm)
 Rakk nodded at his words. True, she could get more if they needed more. A small snort was issued as Raijah again winced in pain. She had never had an infection before, so couldn't fathom how painful it was. Then again, she seemed to like pain, so it probably wouldn't have bothered her either way.

Without warning, Rakk grabbed Raijah's injured arm and leaned over it. Taking a deep breath, she blew softly on the swollen wound, covering the entire length of the gash carefully. Within moments the swelling began to go down, and the pain lessoned a bit.
"That'll wear off soon..." She muttered, quickly gathering the needed plants and studying them some more.

Should she grind them? Make some sort of paste for the wound? She knew less about this than any of them, and was left to the task of preparing things.
Damn it all...
"If you can help, then be my guest." She responded, still wondering what the best method might be for this.
If only she had aquired the fae's knowledge along with her body...

Small Wonder  
Bishounen Hunter
(10/1/04 7:32 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
   Whew.
 Raijah stared at his arm in wonder. Oh, sure, it still hurt, but not nearly as bad as it had; it didn't look as bad as it had, either. Blinking, he looked back up at Rakkalepta. Well, that was easy. Why hadn't she done that earliâ€"

Rakk's next statement answered that question. Darn...

Ah well. It would be nice while it lasted. Damn...so this was what an infection was like. Rakkalepta hadn't been kidding when she said it was going to get nasty...

Ishtaq grinned. "I think ya should make it a mush to spread over the wound," she suggested, noticing how Rakk stared at the plant uncertainly. "At least, that's what I always saw his cousin do." That was said with a look Raijah's way, which Raijah rolled his eyes at.

Blue the Traumatized
SotE addict
(10/2/04 9:33 pm)
 Rakk nodded. "Alright then." Well, this shouldn't be too hard...
With a crisp sound, her arms were suddenly covered in the sheets of silver metal that spawned from the ruby around her neck. Holding the plants in the palm of one clawed hand, she balled the other into a fist and began to grind the strange red-leafed plant.

Soon, it was a reddish hued paste, and Rakk glanced down at it with blinded eyes. The healing aura had increased quite a bit with the crushing of the leaves, and she smirked mildly.
"Guess that was the right thing to do."

Shifting back over to Raijah, Rakk let the metal on her grinding hand retract back into the necklace so she could apply the paste. "Sit still, and try not to scream or anything." The dark Fae ordered gruffly. Then began the, what she would assume, painful process of salving the wound with the paste. She had to get it down into even the deepest crevices of the wound, and that could NOT feel good...
Still, she was as gentle as she could be, so at least it was evident she cared enough not to purposefully increase his pain.

Small Wonder  
Bishounen Hunter
(10/3/04 12:24 am)
Reply | Edit | Del
    *whimper*
 Easy for her to say.

Even with his jaw set against the incoming agony, he couldn't help but wince and, if he wasn't careful, gasp in pain. The fingers of his free hand dug deep into the ground, bracing himself as best as he could. Overall, though, he was pretty controlled in his reactions.

That is, until she really started to apply the salve deep into the wound.

Raijah gave a yelp of alarm and pain and jerked roughly away from her touch to hug his injured arm possessively to his bodyâ€"an action which, ironically, resulted in even more pain. "Do you HAVE to be so friggin' ROUGH!?" he snapped, his response more instinctive than intentional. Aghhh...his arm was throbbing again like mad, aching horribly up and down the length of his arm.

It was really hard to tell that someone was attempting to be gentle when the littlest bit of pressure set the nerves on fire.

"Oh, suck it up and stop bein' a baby, Jah-Jah!" Ishtaq snorted while shaking her head. Heh, in all actuality, she found this whole thing very morbidly amusing.

Raijah didn't, and he responded to her amusement with a death-glare. "Shut up..." he warned in a venomous tone, arm still smarting horribly.

Edited by: Small Wonder   at: 10/3/04 1:00 am

Blue the Traumatized
SotE addict
(10/5/04 6:31 pm)
 My, but that was the wrong thing to do. Just because she was being gentle, and somewhat nice, did not veto the fact she was demonic.
And she did not take kindly to being snapped at, especially when she was doing something she'd rather not do in the first place.

"Here, let me help you with that pain." Rakk hissed, and out of nowhere her metal-free fist came rocketing straight for Raijah's face.
If it were able to smash into his grimacing facade, it would more than likely knock him clean out. Which, of course, was the purpose.
Or...maybe it was just because Rakk was pissed.

Small Wonder  
Bishounen Hunter
(10/6/04 1:21 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
    x_x
 Rakkalepta got her wish. Her fist connected, and Raijah slid instantaneously into unconsciousness.

Ishtaq had frozen for a moment, eyes wide in shock and wings barely moving as she watched the whole ordeal and its outcome. And then, a second later, the surprise passed and she burst into fits of giggles, nearly doubling over in laughter. Ohhh man...this was just too great!

"You go, girl!" Ishtaq sniggered, flitting over to hover at Rakk's side.

Blue the Traumatized
SotE addict
(10/6/04 6:32 pm)
 (*Points at dancing bannana* It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time! Peanut butter jelly and a baseball bat! *too amused*)

Rakk snorted sharply, and continued with the application of the paste as if nothing had happened at all. He was out cold, which meant he wouldn't feel any of it. So she shed the pretense of being gentle and just shoved the stuff onto the wounds as fast as possible.
She was done with this damn doctor sh!t...

Yeah, Raijah had pissed her off all right. Now he'd be lucky to get her help even if his arm was rotting off. Or, she might just cut it off...which wasn't really helping if you thought about it.
Finished, Rakkalepta stood and moved away in silence. Finding a good sized tree, she flitted up into it's lower branches and sat. Leaning back, she crushed her wings against the rough bark, and even went so far as to shift back and forth, tearing them even worse.
Yeah, she was angry all right.

The Versifer  
SotE RPGer ^_^
(10/6/04 7:16 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del   Re: ..Eyes of the Mystic..

.Freya.

Finely-boned muzzle, that of a fox, peers out from behind the curved surface of a treetrunk, followed by the appearance of a tawny physique. Contented from a recent kill, and energy restored from sleep, the vixen had set about wandering, traveler's mind mapping the terrain of the vast realm her journeying had brought her to. And now, her driftings had brought her here. Lithe limbs folding themselves silently into a sitting position, amber eyes observe the scene before her. Here was a figure sprawled against the ground, apparently unconscious; here a tiny shape hovered in the air, preseumably a pixie-like creature, and perched high in a tree's emerald heights was a winged female, posture speaking of anger. A strange tableau, indeed.

Slight frame raised from the earth, the minx begins to drift closer, movements cloaked in the relative silence that accompanied a predator's gait. Muzzle lifts slightly, nares scenting the air, catching the armona of.. freshly ground plants? Finally choosing to reveal herself, red-gold figure emerges from the shadows, the three white-tipped plumes that proclaimed her different from a common fox waving in her wake. Coming to stand at the fringe of the trees, not far from the three, gaze roves the clearing silently before words are projected to those present in general. Her lips do not move, however, her mental voice clear, almost musical.

"Greetings"

Small Wonder  
Bishounen Hunter
(10/7/04 4:50 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
   ^___^
 OOC: XD No worries, we don't bite! At least...I don't; I just ate. Eheheh! Welcome to the thread!

IC:

Uh oh...Rakk didn't look too happy at all...she wasn't even talking to her! Argh! Stupid, stupid Raijah! If he'd spoiled all her fun, cool, plans because he was such a hot-head, he'd be in soooo much trouble by her!

Hiding her disappointment and disdain, the pixie went to fly up near Rakkâ€"the fae was doing that nifty trick with her wings again! Couldn't miss that!â€"but a voice stopped her. And, turning in mid-flight, she looked in its direction...then gave a squeal of delight.

"OHH! A kitsune! WHOA!" she exclaimed, immediately fluttering down to swoop before the fox, buzzing around its body to inspect itâ€"especially the tails. "Ahhh! So cool! I haven't seen one of ya guys in AGES! Love the tails!"

Raijah was still silent where he had slumped.

OOC: bad post! ^^;; But I gotta run! Ahahah!

Blue the Traumatized
SotE addict
(10/7/04 5:18 pm)
 (Nah, I don bite either! ^_^)

Rakk was in too deep a brood to really notice the small, multi-tailed fox. Arms crossed over her chest, she sat silently in the tree, only registering the musical voice vaguely.
Of course, her milky white-blue gaze shifted towards the fox once Ishtaq began making such a big racket.

The little pixie was much too easily amused...
Rakk smirked, then shut her eyes and continued her silence. Her body, though fae in appearance, radiated a demonic aura. And she was still crushing her fragile wings ruthlessly against the tree.
She had never been much of a talker anyway, but angry, she was dead silent.

(Argh, tis craaaap! x.X)

The Versifer  
SotE RPGer ^_^
(10/7/04 5:22 pm)
 OOC: lol. Thanks!

.Freya.

Black-tipped auditiories swivel toward the high-pitched squeal given by the pixie. Amber eyes, sparkling with amusement at creature's intense curiosity and delight, tracking her as she buzzes around the vixen's red-gold form. She was surprised that the pixie apparently knew of her kind, and even more so to learn that she had previously encountered a kitsune. After all, there were not many, and those that were tended to keep themselves hidden, despite their love of meddling.

A soft mental chuckle can be heard, before further speech is projected, directed toward the miniature figure hovering above her.

Thankyou. What is your name? They call me Freya.

Gaze turns briefly toward the silent figure in the tree, yet as she makes no sound, the minx glides forward a little, toward the figure of Raijah, halting her movement a few paces away. She notes his mangled arm, and the paste spread over it. This was where the scent of ground plants had come from, then. Still, this didn't explain his unconsciousness. Curious, the vix turns to the pixie, addressing her once again.

What happened to our friend here?

.Freya.
..Versifer..Dreamspinner..Clotho's Apprentice..

Small Wonder  
Bishounen Hunter
(10/8/04 9:17 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
   Well...
 "The name's Ishtaq!" the pixie introduced, reaching out a tiny hand to stroke one of the kitsune's tails as her rainbow-hued wings worked to allow her to hover there. "Nice to meetcha, Freya!"

She paused in her wide-eyes examination of the kitsune for a moment when she inquired about Raijah. "Oh, and that? That's Jah-Jah, my buddy! Well, his real name's Raijah, but call him Jah-Jah, 'kay? he hates it! But, ah, anyway, he's an idgit, hence the arm and unconsciousness and stuff. Hasn't yet learned that it's not nice to speak bad to a ladyâ€"to Rakk up thereâ€"" She pointed toward the tree, where Rakkalepta was lounging. "Heh, Rakk's so cool. But, anyway! Well, uh, he spoke bad to her, that's why he's unconscious, at least, I mean! The arm and all is from a bear, he said."

She nodded sagely, and through it all, she hadn't paused once for a breath. That was a talent she was quite proud of, actually.

From where he lay, Raijah stirred slightly as consciousness began to return, and he gave a low groan. Damn...everyone was being so loud...

Edited by: Small Wonder   at: 10/8/04 10:04 pm

Blue the Traumatized
SotE addict
(10/8/04 9:51 pm)
 Rakk watched Freya and Ishtaq with mild interest throughout the conversation. She still did not speak to them, for anger made her silent, but was was interested in what they were saying.
A small smirk formed as Ishtaq announced that she was 'cool'. Rakk couldn't imagine why, but if the pixie believed it, than so be it...

Finally, Rakk jumped from her place in the tree and landed graceful as a cat. Apparently, Raijah's groan had attracted her attention, and it was confirmed as she made her way over to him.
Sensing he was more sleeping now than being unconcious, a slow, malicious smirk formed.
Metal slid from the ruby around her neck to sheath her left hand. With her right, she jabbed Raijah in the chest a few times.
"Wake up, or I'll start cutting things off." She hissed, her voice dead serious.
Yes, Rakk was a strange one all right...

The Versifer  
SotE RPGer ^_^
(10/8/04 10:25 pm)

.Freya.

The red-gold kitsune remaines silent throughout the pixie's long and animated monologue, listening with some amusement while extracting the facts from her high-speed narration. The tale completed, the vixen gives a slight nod, soft laughter colouring her mental speech.

"Well, I think perhaps she has made her point."

Her attention is brought back to Raijah at his stirring, before amber gaze turns to watch the demonic fae jump from her treetop perch to come to his side. Silently, she stalks slightly closer, and upon hearing Rakk's words, rethinks her phrasing. Turning back to the pixie, further words are directed to the tiny figure.

"Or, perhaps she has further points to make yet."

Dancing eyes come to rest upon the form of Raijah, lyrical speech sent towards his mind. After all, what better a wake-up call than one that came from inside your own head?

"Rise and shine, Raijah, you have company."

.Freya.

OOC: Sorry guys, but I'm going away for the next 2 days, and may not be able to get online.  

Small Wonder  
Bishounen Hunter
(10/8/04 10:50 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
    GYAH!
 Ishtaq giggled at the kitsune's pun, and followed her as she crept closer. "Ya got that right! And she'd do it, too...when she says stuff, she means it!"

Raijah twitched slightly as something jabbed him in the chest and a musical wake-up call filled his mind, but kept his eyes shut stubbornly. "Go away..." he mumbled thickly, draping his uninjured arm over his eyes to block out the glaring light. Wonderful. In addition to a painfully throbbing arm, he now had a headache that could kill. Just his luck. And, as usual, it seemed no one could stand the idea of letting him sleep. But what was worse was that damned prodding...ARGH! Whoever was doing that was so gonna diâ€"

"What!?" His violet eyes snapped open at that last statement, the one about cutting things off, and the first thing he saw was Rakk standing over him with that...weapon...of hers. Oh, damn...

"Gyah! I'm awake, I'm awake!" he told her hastily, and quickly sat up straighter, wincing slightly as his head throbbed in protest, in addition to his arm. "So...ah...you can put that away, now..."

(No prob! have fun wherever you're goin'! ^_^)

~*~

RHI'S BUSHEL OF BITCHESâ,,¢

Sachi - Cadmus - Tiaret - Natara - Lena - Rheiku - Hatame - Raijah - Ishtaq - Makyo - Yokanil - Darkfate - Thorn - Pure Magic - Orion - Yuma - Aki - Zeirne - Questa - Makoto - Dokuja - Taidra - Sanyu - Sunni - Kiade - Aniketos - Nakaris - Alice - Kajioh - Kujin - Neviko - Zharith - Raki - Beatrid - Keina - Sougra

FUN GAMES!

Duck Duck Goose - Guess That Style!

CULTS

Proud founder of the "Pet Blue" cult!

Second in Command in the "Goose Gold

Blue the Traumatized
SotE addict
(10/9/04 5:29 pm)
 Blinded eyes watched Raijah's blatant refusal to wake in a way no one else could see. He would regret that soon, for she always kept her word.
The clawed hand flexed dangerously, making the smooth sound of metal sliding across metal.

A deceptively sweet grin was provided at his awakening, though the weapon retreated. "And I was hoping you'd sleep in, too."
She mused, her sadistic side not even attempting to hide itself. She stood, but before doing so poked the forming bruise on his jaw. Her handiwork, of course.
But at least the healing paste was on the angry wounds, though whether it would work or not was something for the morning to tell.

And that was some ways away. Night was finally falling, cloaking the world in a thick blanket of shadow. Now Rakk could see in yet another new way; that of those nocturnal creatures, with the washed out coloring of the day, and undefined lines of beings.
Perhaps this was the best time for Rakk to actually see and note what Ishtaq, Raijah, and Freya truly looked like as far as features went. During the day, only the sight of aura and heat were hers, and they did not show where one's eyes, nose, and mouth were placed on a person's face.
However, she seemed little interested in seeing what her companions looked like. At the moment, her gaze was surveying the night sky, more importantly, the large orb that was the moon.

The Versifer  
SotE RPGer ^_^
(10/10/04 11:20 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del    Re: ..Eyes of the Mystic..

.Freya.

The flame-kissed figure of the Kitsune sat motionless beside the hovering Ishtaq, vivid citrine eyes watching the small drama unfolding before her. Silence ruled her mind for the time being, tracking the vengeful movements of Rakkalepta with some amusement, delicate ears picking up the speech of the two. So different, were the three that embodied this gathering - the fun-loving Ishtaq, the demonic Rakkalepta, and the vioilet-eyed Raijah, whose character she had not had an opportunity to judge as of yet.

The deepening shadows of the oncoming night shrouded the minx's petite form, her stature belieing the power that resided in her mind, young as she was by the standards of her race. Seeing the demonic Rakk stand, the vixen herself rose from the earth, red form, darkened by the dusk, drifting over to stand before the awakening Raijah. Her three white-crowned tails waved in her wake, as her chiming mental speech picked up once again.

"Hello, Raijah. I am Freya."

.Freya.

Small Wonder  
Gackt is God. XD
(10/12/04 3:30 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
    La!
 "Ow..." Raijah winced when Rakk poked his jaw, swatting her hand awayâ€"and then raised an eyebrow suddenly and felt his jaw with his fingers. Sure enough, there was a bruise there. And the flesh itself felt puffy and swollen. Like he'd been punched or something. "Wait...how'dâ€"!?"

"Ya passed out from the pain and hit your face against the tree!" Ishtaq cut in quickly, noticing the way he was looking at Rakkalepta accusingly. Erk! Funny as it was, she knew the knowledge of what had happened would set Raijah off...and that would set Rakkalepta off...and then that would royally screw up all her plans! Especially if one of them killed the other! And more than likely, that "other" would be Raijah. "Ya big baby."

Raijah's face darkened slightly with a blush, and he was about to retort to Ishtaq when a voice filled his mind. One that was vaguely familiar, though he didn't know from where.

Turning his head and blinking in confusionâ€"how did whoever was speaking know his name?â€"his eyes landed upon the kitsune. And then he blinked again. Unlike Ishtaq, he'd never seen one of her kind before, though he had heard of them.

Almost immediately, his moody demeanor softened respectfully. "Oh...ahh...hello, Freya..."

Blue the Traumatized
SotE addict
(10/12/04 4:56 pm)
 Rakk snorted lightly at Ishtaq's improvised excuse for the bruise. My, wasn't that smooth...
A small roll of clouded eyes was given to Raijah's sudden mood swing from pissed to kind and respectful. Maybe she should knock him out again...

The demonic fae frowned lightly. Damn, he was really starting to bother her, wasn't he?? Time for some away time. People shouldn't bug her like that...

Without warning, Rakk flitted her wings a few times then took off. She easily rose above the trees and began to disappear into the darkened distance.
"See you in the morning...maybe." She called back before her form was enveloped in shadow. Maybe...just to see if Raijah's arm was going to need to be amputated or not.

~~~`**`~~~

.:Creations From Blue's Traumatized Little Mind:.

~Blade~Shadow Walker~Michael Morro~Gabriel Morro~Taracotl Kirvana~Lotha Errdegahr~Akso~Tasarin~Arkarian~Maelthra~Renor Senger~Sierra~Sakkata~Terri~Enyalie~Blue, the Mentally Traumatized~Barra Arisa~Facyt~Kyle~Rakkalepta~Bob~Waelin~Kanto Strike~Serke~Naule~Aya Nightlark~

The Versifer  
SotE RPGer ^_^
(10/12/04 6:01 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del    Re: ..Eyes of the Mystic..

.Freya.

Finely-boned muzzle gave a slight nod, both in answer to Raijah and to silently commend Ishtaq's smoothing-over. Watching Raijah's confused anger dissipate, flaxen gaze was raised to meet his own violet eyes, further speech breaching the gap between minds.

"You've been asleep for a while.. your friend here introduced me."

She said, visage turning slightly to indicate Ishtaq. The sounds of Rakkalepta's flight then reached her ears, and her amber eyes followed the demonic fae as she took off. Doubtless, she had had enough. A faint smirk formed on the delicate muzzle of the vixen, before she turned back to Raijah.

"She also said your arm was injured by a bear."

.Freya.

Small Wonder  
Gackt is God. XD
(10/13/04 3:02 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
   Heh!
 Awww...Rakkalepta was leaving, now, Ishtaq noted disappointedly. But...she said she'd be back! Yay! That was good...she'd better come back, otherwise Ishtaq would just have to hunt the "scary-faerie" down again!

Oh well! In any case, it gave her time to formulate plans and ideas. This would be tricky...but she could do it! She had her ways...

Grinning, she flitted up into the tree Raijah was sitting under and perched on one of the branches there (well, actually it was a twig, but to Ishtaq it was a branch) where she could watch and plot.

Using his good arm, Raijah masked a small yawn with his hand. "Heh...I guess I have..." he murmered, still slightly embarrassed. Passed out from the pain? Aw man... "Yeah...a bear did this. I don't blame her, though...I would have probably done the same in her situation..." He glanced down at his arm, then away, again. The wound was still angry looking with infection, but the healing paste had drawn away some of the pain.

Speaking of which...

He glanced around for Rakkalepta, then blinked when he noticed she was gone. He winced. Ah, right...he had been kinda snappy to her when he woke up...whoops...

Much as she irritated him at times, she had gone out of her way to help...

Edited by: Small Wonder   at: 10/13/04 4:46 pm

The Versifer  
SotE RPGer ^_^
(10/13/04 5:26 pm)

.Freya.

The kitsune nodded slightly at Raijah's words, amber eyes on the pixie as she flitted up to the tree branches. She had a certain look about her.. no doubt she was up to some sort of mischief. The vixen's attention then returned to Raijah, listening to his last statement. She took a step closer closer, plumed tails flickering absently as she looked at the wound. She did not have any kind of magical vision like Rakkalepta's at her disposal, but from here, even to the common eye, the wound appeared red and inflamed. Surely, some kind of infection was present, if he had been injured by a bear. Although she had limited knowledge of healing herbs and the like, not having much use for them herself, she did not think the paste that had been applied would cure an infection fully, even if it did act as a pain-killer. However, her kind was versed in the arts of magic, and she had a limited range of healing powers. Perhaps she could do something for him. The vixen tilted her head to the side slightly, almost quizically, aureate gaze on Raijah's again.

"Let me see the wound? Perhaps I can help."

.Freya.

OOC: Kitsune in general don't have healing powers as far as I know, this is one of those Freya-specific things.  

Small Wonder  
Gackt is God. XD
(10/14/04 4:16 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
   Hmm?
 He tilted his head slightly in curiosity, then nodded slowly, uncertainly, and painfully held out his wounded arm for her to see. The deep gash extended all the way up his arm from his elbow to his shoulder, and even with the healing salve masking it, it was easy to tell it was deep and still horribly tender. Yet he trusted the kitsune. To some extent. He never fully trusted anyone when it came to his wounds, much like the animals he tended, but she certainly seemed gentler than Rakkalepta and Ishtaq, both of whom seemed to find his misery amusing, even if they were infinitely helpful. When they wanted to be, that is.

"What can you do?" he asked, curious and yet naturally a bit wary as he watched.

~*~

RHI'S BUSHEL OF BITCHESâ,,¢

Sachi - Cadmus - Tiaret - Natara - Lena - Rheiku - Hatame - Raijah - Ishtaq - Makyo - Yokanil - Darkfate - Thorn - Pure Magic - Orion - Yuma - Aki - Zeirne - Questa - Makoto - Dokuja - Taidra - Sanyu - Sunni - Kiade - Aniketos - Nakaris - Alice - Kajioh - Kujin - Neviko - Zharith - Raki - Beatrid - Keina - Sougra

CULTS

Proud founder of the "Pet Blue" cult!

Second in Command in the "Goose Gold Cult!

The Versifer  
SotE RPGer ^_^
(10/14/04 5:37 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del   ..Eyes of the Mystic..

.Freya.

For a time the red-gold kitsune remained silent, mind reaching back many human years to the few lessons she had had in this sort of healing. In truth, she knew little, having quickly abandoned the study of healing and medicines for more enthralling and exciting passtimes. However, what she did know, she remembered, and she should be able to do something about that infection, at least. Responding to Raijah's question, her chiming mental speech picked up again, perhaps laced with slight laughter.

"This."

And with that she expelled a breath, the departing air glowing a soft gold. Slowly, it spread up the length of his injured arm until it coated the wound, the magical light blazing a brighter gold before disappearing from vision. The vixen paused a moment before she spoke again, pleased that it appeared to have worked.

"That should clear up any infection you have there. As for the actual wound itself, the healing process will have been sped up a little, but still it will take some time."

.Freya.

Small Wonder  
Gackt is God. XD
(10/15/04 7:34 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
   Silly Jah-Jah.
 He watched with wide violet eyes as the kitsune exhaled, sending a golden glow upon his wound, coating it fully, glowing brightly, and then...vanishing. Rakkalepta had done something similar not long before the kitsune had come, only she had never promised that it would cure the infection, as this kitsune did. Rakkalepta had only been able to relieve some of the pain. And, as he watched, it appeared that, for a moment, the wound appeared less inflamed, felt less painful, as though the infection really had left. Relief washed over him...finally...

"Thank you, Freya," Raijah murmered, letting his body relax since the first time this whole ordeal had begunâ€"save when he had been unconscious, of course. "Gods, I don't know how I canâ€""

He cut off abruptly, clenching his teeth stubbornly as the pain suddenly returned, the wound once again throbbing and pulsing painfully. And, even as he watched, the redness began to return, once again spreading from the wound to blot the healthy flesh around it angrily. Within seconds, it was once again the horrid wound it had originally been...and the pain seemed to have increased slightly...

He drew his arm back sharply, and immediately regretted the action as pain shot blossomed through his arm as alarm blossomed through his mind. "What theâ€"!? What happened? What was that?"

"Jah-Jah...umm...did you forget...?" Ishtaq had been watching the whole ordeal, and was now peering over the twig down at he and the kitsune.

"Forget what?"

Ishtaq sighed and shook her head. "Does fae magic ring a bell?"

For a moment, Raijah stared up at Ishtaq blankly, as though she were insane. Fae magic? Could she be any more vague? He knew all about fae magic! He was a fae! Did she really think he was that foolâ€"oh...

"Faes can only be healed by other faes...by fae magic..." he muttered, suddenly feeling very foolish, indeed. Argh...how could he have forgotten? Guess desperation had made him conveniently forget. Ah...that explained it nicely. Freya's magic had never worked on him...only given the illusion that it had as his own magics and immunities kicked in. And the whole blunder hadn't made his condition worse...it was only that his condition had worsened naturally as the infection ran it's course...

"Damn..."

The Versifer  
SotE RPGer ^_^
(10/15/04 9:19 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del   ..Eyes of the Mystic.. Ech.

.Freya.

The red-gold vixen watched in puzzlement as the redness that marked infection began to spread from the gash once again. She tilted her head slightly to one side, quite perplexed until her delicate ears picked up Raijah's half-muttered speech. His last statement was echoed in the kitsune's thoughts. Yes, damn. That was someting she had not known. Lyrical voice speaks out again, albeit to state the obvious.

"In light of that, then, there is nothing I can do."

Her telepathic voice was tinged slightly with a sigh, before a stray thought entered her conscious mind at a slant, and amused words were sent toward Raijah's mind.

"Perhaps you will seek out Rakkalepta again."

And, no doubt, if the demonic Rakk were able to help, there would be some amount of convincing to do on Raijah's part. Still, the kitsune was sorry she could not do more.

.Freya.

Small Wonder  
Gackt is God. XD
(10/15/04 11:37 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
   Yeah...
 Raijah nodded slowly. "It's alright, you tried. I should have warned you about that...but I forgot. Ugh...dunno how I could have...sorry..." His thoughts felt so disjointed lately, and he didn't know why...he never forgot stuff like this, especially when it was important! Maybe he was just tired...that was probably it. He hadn't gotten any real sleep...and he did feel fatigued and exhausted. And very sore and achy and just generally, well...not well.

Rubbing his temples tiredly and holding in a yawn, he grimaced slightly in surprise, blinking. The flesh felt damp, clammy...a sensation he'd never felt before...

"Hm? Rakkalepta?" Another grimace. "If she comes back...yes...but...I don't know where she went, and..." He yawned, unable to hold this one in. "...and...and...ugh, I dunno..." His train of thought was shot, it seemed. He was just so tired...and the coming of night wasn't helping. Neither was the developing fever, though Raijah was unaware of that; he'd never had one before, after all.

The Versifer  
SotE RPGer ^_^
(10/16/04 2:20 am)

.Freya.

The vixen nodded at his first words. His lapse of memory wasn't of great consequence to her; something as simple as what she had just performed would not cost her much energy. Her amber gaze rested on his face as his speech became more broken, finally trailing off into silence. Suddenly her eyes snagged on something, and she re-focused her sight, making out tiny beads of sweat upon his forehead. A fever, then, too. Certainly, that was the last thing he needed. Her mental voice was soft.

"Raijah, you're developing a fever."

The kitsune's three tails waved in a slight breeze, as she stood in the deepnening light of dusk. Her head was tilted up to the sky, citrine gaze picking out the pinpoints of emerging stars. She hadn't intended to stay, but she may as well do so now - she was certain there was enough game in the immediate area to satisfy a predator's hunger should she wish to go hunting. Her thoughts swung back to Raijah's fever, searching her memory for treatments. Although kitsune rarely suffered from sickness, many enjoyed lingering disguised in their human forms, and so were taught the non-magical remedies for human ailments. Her gaze swung back to the injured fae-man.

"You would do well to keep as warm as possible, and drink frequently.. if there is water nearby."

Her jet ears flickered, sifting through the sounds of wildlife for the song of a forest stream before she spoke once again.

"And in the meantime, I will stay."

With that, her vixen's form blazed golden, the light obscuring her from sight for a moment. In truth, the light was unnecessary, but, why not put on a pretty show? The glow dwindling, the slender figure of Freya's human form emerged, clad in a simple figure-hugging, short-sleeved earthen gown, its hem hanging just above her knees. She appeared to be about 18, the approximate human equivalent of her age as a kitsune. Twining around one wrist was a bracelet, comprised of a continuous spiral of gold. Vivid red-gold locks fell half way down her back, a contrast against her fair skin. Her hair framed a finely-boned face, faintly resembling that of her previous form. Her eyes, however, remained the same, the slightly slanted amber orbs of a fox.

.Freya.

OOC: Ooh, feverish ravings??
Yay, finally a decent sized post.  

Small Wonder  
Gackt is God. XD
(10/16/04 6:20 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
   Not good?
 "What's a fever?" came Ishtaq's curious responce to Freya's diagnosis. Rainbow-hued wings flashing in the fading light, she flitted down from her perch to land lightly on Raijah's knee, peering up at him, and then at the kitsune. She saw the beads of sweat and forming flush against his light skinâ€"all very odd, as the night was cool; there was no reason for him to be hot!â€"and concern entered her usually care-free mind as Freya spoke of ways to treat the affliction.

It didn't sound good...at all. And Raijah was gradually starting to look more and more haggard and tired.

"Is he...is he gonna die...?"

"Of...of course not, stupid..." Raijah muttered thickly, cracking an eye open at her irritably. It may have seemed harsh, the way he spoke to his companion, but in all truth it was how they normally spoke to one another; a sort of...affectionate teasing. Of sorts. "It's just...slow healing. Prob'ly...takes a while...to...to start...to work. Y'know?" It was becoming quite the effort to keep his eyes open. Fever? Ehhh...he had no idea what that was, either, save that whatever it was, he apparently had it. Keep warm? But...but he was warm. And yet, there was a vague sensation of cold, of a growing chill in his spine...and the mere thought of drinking cool water made him shiver slightly. Or maybe that was the fever's doing.

"...Thanks...Freya..." he murmered, allowing his eyes to close heavily, though undoubtedly they would have closed even had he resisted. He just wanted to sleep. That was all. He was so exhausted, he hardly felt the pain in his arm at all.

Only moments later, he was asleep, and only Ishtaq was around and conscious to witness Freya's changing. That ws certainly not something she had expected, and she stared openly. "Whoaa..."

The Versifer  
SotE RPGer ^_^
(10/16/04 7:23 pm)

.Freya.

The kitsune, still at this point in the form of a vixen, watched as Ishtaq fluttered down from the tree. Chiming voice began to formulate a reply to the pixie's query, trying to remember the definition of a fever.

"A fever.. it would have been caused by the infection in the wound. His temperature is running high, and his body will try to regulate it, so he'll feel cold and shiver, as well."

In response to the pixie's second question she shook her head slightly, her eyes on Raijah. No, he wouldn't die from the fever.. but he was very ill. She watched him slip into sleep, then the golden glow appeared around her vixen's form.

Her transformation completed and the light fading from existence, Freya took a moment to get her bearings. She had lived in this form before, yet not for some time. She had chosen to travel here in her true form, it being far less conspicuous, as well as swifter. Hearing Ishtaq's exclamation of surprise, she turned to grin at her briefly, before her gaze again travelled the clearing. Lucky Raijah, unconscious with a fever and an wounded arm in the wilderness of a mountainside. Well, he would need to drink, else he'd lose too much water and become dehydrated.

"Ishtaq, are there any streams nearby?"

.Freya.

Small Wonder  
Gackt is God. XD
(10/16/04 10:41 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del   Yikes...
 Ishtaq nodded, chewing her lip concernedly. She had quickly recovered from the surprise of Freya's transformation, and was once again back to being worried for her friend. She always had a tendency to jump from one subject and situation to the next with hardly any transition. "Yeah...there's a stream not far from here, not far at all...it's over there!" She pointed with a tiny finger, to the place where the clearing ended and the woods truly began. "It's just right through there...Jah-Jah always makes sure water is really, really close by when we choose an area to stay! It's never fun walking for miles and miles and miles to get water to drink or wash with."

She gave a sage nod. Indeed...they had learned from experience to always seek out a water source before deciding on staying in an area for any given time. Of course, Ishtaq had exaggerated the whole "miles" thing a bit...but exaggeration was in the pixie's nature. Or...perhaps it wasn't exaggeration at all to her. After all, she was only six inches tall, not including her wings.

"Hey...Freya? He's starting to shiver more 'n' stuff..." she said suddenly, and took to the air again to go and hover above Raijah. Rakkalepta had been right...this was turning out to be a pretty nasty infection, and the fever it had induced was slowly increasing in intensity, causing him to shiver steadily nowâ€"even if it was still fairly mild. But the flush had increased...and the gash in his wound was not looking any better. It looked even more enflamed. And, even though he was very much unconscious, it didn't seem as though it was entirely painless; sweat had dampened his bangs, making them cling to his skin, and his brows drew together with every shudder.

Tentatively, she touched his skin. "He's hot!" Well, of course Freya had explained it all...but...still...it was so weird! He acted cold...but he was burning up!

The Versifer  
SotE RPGer ^_^
(10/17/04 1:52 am)

.Freya.

The kitsune nodded at the pixie's words - that was sensible, and fortunate in this case. Her gaze was drawn back to Raijah at Ishtaq's exclamation, noting with slight concern his worsening state.

"Hmm.. he'll be alright."

Her mental voice was reassuring, if slightly pre-occupied. She would go to fetch water soon, but for now, in light of Raijah's increasing shivers, a small fire wouldn't go amiss. She began to walk around the clearing, gathering pieces of dry wood. Choosing a bare section of earth on which to pile them, she twirled a hastily sharpened twig between her hands, the friction caused by the pointed end held against a strip of bark conjuring a spark. The wood crackled as it caught alight, the flickering flame spreading across the twigs, gaining strength until it cast a pool of warm light against the ground. The sort of practical magic that would have been used by some human mages to conjure magical fire was not Freya's own, and so she turned to more mundane methods for tasks such as this. She sat back for a moment, glancing again at Raijah, before she stood, tossing the sharpened twig into the fire. Now, for water. Turning to Ishtaq, the kitsune spoke again.

"I'll be back in a moment."

She set off in the direction the pixie had indicated, small bare feet finding an easy path through the leafy forest trees, guided easily in the dim light by her fox's nocturnal vision. Quite soon, she came upon the stream, kneeling on the bank. She procured a small water flask from somewhere about her person, removing the lid and lowering it into the cool, rushing water. She then made haste back to the clearing, crossing to where the fae-man lay.

Setting the flask on the ground nearby, the girl knelt once again, absently brushing errant strands of red hair aside before shaking Raijah lightly to wake him. Losing as much fluid as he was through sweat, it was important that he drink, or his temperature would continue to escalate. So this, at least, was a necessary diversion from sleep. And, she thought with wry amusement, he was probably too confused and in too much pain to make much of a fuss. Once again came the internal wake-up call.

"Raijah."

.Freya.

Small Wonder  
Gackt is God. XD
(10/17/04 4:42 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
   Meeeeeh...
 Ishtaq stayed with Raijah as Freya went to gather the water, watching over him worriedly. The heat from the fire was strong and good...but it didn't seem to have affected the strange cold her companion was feeling. His teeth were chattering, now.

Stupid Raijah! Dealing with an angry she-bear alone! Of course, caring for such creatures was his duty...but he should have waited for her! She could have distracted her, even soothed her with song if it came down to it.

She was relieved when Freya finally returned. Whew! She didn't like being alone and not knowing what to do.

Raijah moaned lightly when he felt his body being shook slightly, and his eyelids fluttered, but didn't open, even though he had been jolted awake by that movement. Gods, he hurt...his whole body felt like it was on fire, and yet he was shaking uncontrolably with cold, the jarring movement and odd, warring combination of temperature painful. He heard a voice call his name, that familiar musical voice, but for some reason it didn't want to register in his mind, it didn't want to stick, and comprehension was lost to him.

His eyes clenched tightly shut for a moment, and then, slowly, opened a little; only enough to be able to register some shapes and colors, but everything was so horribly blurred, and he was so tired, he quickly shut them again.

His wound, on the other hand, had also gotten worse; beneath the damaged, swollen skin and relatively useless healing salve, the flesh was slowly starting to whiten in places even as the area around it grew more enflamed. Now, the infection was becoming more pronounced, more obviousâ€"if it wasn't so already.

It was going to be a long night, it seemed...and this fever wouldn't be broken easily. It was, after all, the result of a steadily worsening infection...

Ishtaq fidgeted worriedly. Rakkalepta...she said she was gonna come back in the morning! Dang...they could certainly use her help, now! Argh! If only Raijah hadn't been dumb and pissed her off!

A long, night, indeed. Ishtaq found herself anxiously counting the hours to morning.

The Versifer  
SotE RPGer ^_^
(10/17/04 5:39 pm)

.Freya.

Watching Raijah intently, Freya saw his eyelids flutter, then quickly fall closed again. He appeared to be awake, then.. just. Glancing briefly at his wound, she sighed slightly. It appeared to be worsening, signs of the infection now clearly visible to the common eye. She was sorry to have to awaken him to further pain.

Looping an arm around his shoulders, she helped him into a sitting position, being as careful as possible of his wounded arm. Determined that he would drink, and slightly unnerved by his shuddering state, her mental call intensifed.

"Raijah! Wake up, you must drink."

Taking up the water flask, she held it to his lips as best she could, wondering how much liquid he
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Rhindeer

Author  Comment  
The Versifer  
SotE RPGer ^_^
(10/25/04 2:17 am)
 Momentarily eyeing the empty flask - she had been right about his thirst, Freya answered Raijah's vague question, choosing to quietly recount the events from the time he had passed out.

"The infection you had in your arm caused you to develop a fever. I couldn't break it without magic,"
A slightly reuful smile appeared on her lips.
"so it was lucky Rakkalepta returned when she did. She healed your arm.."
The kitsune nodded toward the now unmarked arm, which the fae-man apeared not to have registered yet. About to speak again, her words died and she rose in alarm, hearing Rakk's sudden scream. Whirling to face her, she registered with considerable surprise the new, opalescent wings which had sprouted from her shoulder-blades. Her intial alarm dissipating into curiosity, Freya's head tilted slightly, watching the former demoness's disgusted actions. Hardly knowing Rakkalepta, the kitsune was confused as to what was taking place. Seemingly, the act of healing Raijah had caused some immense change in her, but she didn't know of what nature, or of the reasons behind it. Speaking again to Raijah, she mused;

"As for Rakkalepta.. I have no idea what's happening to her."

Small Wonder  
Gackt is God. XD
(10/25/04 3:17 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
   Yikes!
 "ACK!" Ishtaq had to do some serious wing-work to avoid colliding with Rakkalepta's face, butterfly wings a blur as she swooped back and to the side. Yeesh! Luckily, Rakkalepta's scream had given her fair warning...thoughm why had she screamed to begin with? That didn't seem like a Rakk thing to do. She was too tough for that!

And then, as she looked over Rakkalepta, she saw the source of the reaction. New wings. And they were big! And pretty! And...whoa! Rakkalepta had pink eyes?

Weren't they weird and cloudy? Oh well. The wings were cooler.

"Whoa, Rakk...how'dja do that!?" she exclaimed, peering at the elegant wings curiously. She could destroy her wings and grow them back!? She was just full of surprises...

And yet...Rakk didn't seem too happy, which was odd. She'd just grown an awesome new pair of wings and looked all pretty and stuff! What was there to be upset about!?

---

Raijah blinked as Freya updated him, and his eyes quickly darted to his arm. Which was as Freya said. Healed. And even more than that...unmarred. Just as it had been before the injury. And the demonic fae had... "Rakkalepta...she did thiâ€"" he jumped in surprise at the sudden scream, words leaving him, and his gaze quickly settled on the very...changed...Rakkalepta.

So that hadn't been a trick of his eyes...

Yeah. Beautiful described her quite well, now.

Though...he couldn't help but share in Freya's confusion. She looked fine. Hell, she looked better than ever! But from her expression, something was clearly very wrong...

Blue the Traumatized
Spork Master!!
(10/25/04 7:41 pm)
 No...no no no! That damn fae spirit...it was reinstating itself into her system! Sure, she was still in control, but not of her appearance.
It was reverting back to what the fae had originally looked like...

Without warning, Rakk's deep, sky blue hair began to grow rapidly. She growled as it happened, part of her face hidden by the sudden length. It was well past her shoulders, to about her midsection, though above her waist. It held gentle waves, quite the change from Rakk's normal cropped-short look.
And it only added to the elegant beauty.
Oh crap.
She didn't want to be pretty!

Hiding her face against her knees, hair forming a glistening curtain, Rakk gave a soft groan. "Please stop staring at me..."
This was so stupid...

The Versifer  
SotE RPGer ^_^
(10/26/04 2:25 am)
 Freya watched intentely as a Rakkalepta's hair lengthened into flowing azure waves. Some sort of metamorphosis was taking place, it seemed. However, only Rakk's external appearance and manner appeared to be changing, as she continued to protest. She'd never come across anything like this before in her 350 human years of life, although that was not considered long by the standards of her race. Clearly there was nothing possessing Rakkalepta, so whatever was happening had to have been caused by some facet of herself. Perhaps, the healing had, being seemingly uncharacteristic, forced her to change in order to accomplish it. For the moment, the kitsune girl remained silent in the strengthening light of the early morning, awaiting enlightemnent, although she doubted the talkativeness of the
transformed fae.

Small Wonder  
Gackt is God. XD
(10/26/04 1:51 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
   Aw...why?
 Ishtaq and Raijah alike watched as, right before their eyes, Rakk's hair began to grow, quickly lengthening. Ishtaq watched in pure and unrestrained awe and admiration, clearly wowed by what she saw as yet another of Rakk's amazing, hidden talents. That was certainly something she'd never seen another fae do! She hadn't even known it was possible! It wasn't even possible for pixies! Well, at least, not her kind. So...maybe it was possible for different faeries?

Raijah, on the other hand, simply blinked, violet eyes wide. This was also something he'd never expected to see...

But, unlike Ishtaq, who was absolutely taken by the transformation, he could tell that Rakkalepta was not a bit pleased about the whole deal. It was pretty obvious, actually, by the way she was now huddling in on herself, seemingly trying to make herself appear less conspicuous.

Good luck with that.

"Ishtaq...stop staring..." he told the pixie, who seemed not to have heard. Likely, she was in her own little world.

"Huh?" Ishtaq looked his way confusedly, clearly not knowing what she was doing wrong, then laughed. "Hah! You're finally awake, ya wuss!" she exclaimed, her attention suddenly on him instead. Indeed...she did tend to have a very limited attention span, at times.

Shaking his head slowly and tiredly, Raijah glanced back at Rakkalepta. "Rakkalepta...are you alright...?"

Seemed like no one else was going to ask, so it was up to him to break the silence. Not that there really was any silence to begin with, with Ishtaq around.

Besides...she had helped him, right? It was only fair...

Blue the Traumatized
Spork Master!!
(10/30/04 8:11 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del   A.i.m.e.e.
 Great, just great...She was back where she started. She could feel it. Her appearance had reverted back to the fae's, and even her personality was shifting to incorporate the fae's. She'd have to work all over again to get back to where she had been only moments before.
Years worth of effort....
And all because she just had to heal that idiotic Raijah.

She was tempted to snap, and at the same time, tempted to tell him Rakkalepta wasn't right...damn!
"No...not quite..."
She answered softly, shivering lightly. The small movement travled to her now large and beautiful wings, causing them to sparkle brilliantly.

Suck it up Rakk...this was weak! Stop hiding...
Damn it all!

Rakk forced herself to come out from the protective curtain of hair, lifting her head slowly. Colors, shapes, textures jumped out at her renewed eyes. At first she could only stare in awe. No! Stop that...
Blinking, Rakk forced herself to ignore what was arround her, ignore the amazing sight her rich pink eyes allowed her to witness.
She sighed softly, hastilly brushing stray strands of the long hair from her face.
"Back where I started..." She murmured, forcing herself not to look at anything, or anyone, in particular. The sky seemed the easiest, so she stared up at it instead, taking in the wonderful blue she had missed seeing every day.

The Versifer  
SotE RPGer ^_^
(11/4/04 11:52 pm)
 OOC) Meep, same here. It's been test week at school, revision's been taking up all my time.. haven't been able to get on to post in a while.

Confusion persisted in the thoughts of the flame-crowned kitsune, helped not at all by the cryptic answer given by Rakkalepta. Her keen hearing, more enhanced than that of a human whatever form she was in, picked up Rakk's murmur, managing to decipher the words. Back where she started? This was getting more puzzling by the minute, and most of the usual venom appeared to have drained from the former demoness's voice now, too, as well as the dramatic physical transformation.

The fox-turned-girl shifted her aureate gaze to Raijah and Ishtaq, but no hints were to be gained from them, both seeming as mystified as her, even if the pixie did appear to be more in excited than intrigued or concerned. Deciding it was time she ventured out of her silence, Freya spoke again, continuing to use what humans would term 'normal' speech. A quiet-spoken half-question, slightly wary of an angry outburst. After all, who was she to pry, having known these three less than two days? Yet, they were all confused..

"Tell us what's happening, Rakkalepta?"

If the demonic-hearted fae even knew herself, that is..

Blue the Traumatized
Spork Master!!
(11/5/04 9:54 pm)
 Rakkalepta continued to stare fixedly at the blue sky. She did not respond at first, and it seemed she was utterly entranced by the sight of the heavens above. Or perhaps she was simply pondering her response.
Maybe a mix of both...

Finally, quiet words left Rakkalepta's lips, though she would not let herself look down at them all. She'd have to look at them eventually...damn it...
"I am as I was years ago...before I went blind...when I first got this body..."
She didn't really want to get into the actual explanation...how she possessed a fae, took over her body, banished her soul, and worked on making the body more to her liking.
And how the greed cost her the precious gift of sight.

The Versifer  
SotE RPGer ^_^
(11/6/04 5:47 pm)
 The kitsune listened silently to Rakkalepta's speech. She wasn't too astounded at her answer, however, the blood of a race of magic-using shapeshifters allowing her to quite easily accept this sort of thing. The blue-haired fae must have been able to change her appearence somehow, over the years. 'When I first got this body.' That was strange terminology, but she dismissed it. Well, it was certainly a starkley different form that Rakkalepta had reverted back to, with its glistening wings and clear pink eyes. Still, she wondered why healing Raijah would have caused this transformation, if she had had control over her appearance. Well, strain, obviously, but it didn't quite make sense. Freya turned to glance briefly at Raijah and Ishtaq, wondering what their reaction would be to the formerly demonic fae's revelation, before she spoke again.

"Ah. Then why not shift back, when you've rested enough? "

Small Wonder  
Gackt is God. XD
(11/6/04 6:12 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
   Wowza...
 Raijah blinked in surprise when, finally, Rakkalepta explained. Kinda. "First got that body...?" he echoed vaguely, and glanced back toward Freya, puzzled. As though she'd know what Rakkalepta was going on about better than he would, even though he'd known her longer and still had no clue as to what she was trying to say. Got that body? Yeah...that was a strange way of wording things...but he had a nagging feeling the word choice was deliberate, if nonsensical.

"What do you mean 'first got that body'?" he asked before he could stop himself, and he quickly shrugged it off. Er...probably best not to pry. Beautiful and sweet as she now looked, she was still the same violent fae.

The same violent fae that had healed him.

Geez, this was confusing.

Freya spoke up, though, and he nodded at her words. Made sense. If this change bothered her so much, and since she had obviously altered her appearance somehow to begin withâ€"why she'd want to was lost to himâ€"then she could just do that again. An easy enough fix.

"Yeah! That'll make ya better again!" Ishtaq piped up cheerfully, Rakkalepta's horror at her new state finally dawning on her. "Then you'll be cool again! Though you're still really cool! Just in a pretty way! Pretty cool!" She giggled, amused at her own pun.

Raijah rolled his eyes.

Blue the Traumatized
Spork Master!!
(11/7/04 5:29 pm)
 Rakk flinched lightly at Raijah's question. That...would involve too much of an explination. One she didn't feel she owed to anybody. Least of all him. She had already sacrificed enough for him.
And as for Freya's response...

Finally, Rakk built up the courage to look at the three of them. Her pupils dialated slightly, and she was blasted by the range of colors, shapes, and textures she suddenly saw. And she simply couldn't help it. She lost all composure and just stared, slightly slack-jawed, at them.
"Wow..."
It was...just so...beautiful....

She snapped out of it rather quickly, and stared very fixedly at her hands. So many things to see there too...
Damn!
"It doesn't work that way. It took me years to get to where I was. I have to start over again...all over..."
Just because she had to go and help Raijah...
Stupid stupid stupid!!
He wasn't worth so much! Why in the HELL did she do that???

Though her mind acted like Rakk, her body did not. She simply sighed and shut her eyes. Those ornate wings fluttered slightly, glittering in the early morning light.
A small grin formed at Ishtaq's remark, and she shook her head lightly, long blue hair shifting with the movement.
"Thanks Ishtaq..."

The Versifer  
SotE RPGer ^_^
(11/8/04 1:27 am)
 A brief smile appeared on Freya's lips at Ishtaq's ever over-enthusiastic manner, but faded a little when she caught Rakkalepta's astonished gaze. It must be a great shock to have colour vision suddenly returned.. beautiful and painful at the same time.

She heard Rakkalepta's response to her question, and nodded slightly. Of course it wouldn't be as simple as that.. little ever was. She did wonder, though, why it was that the fae wanted so strongly to change her appearance. There was nothing wrong with it, save for the fact that it didn't relfect her personality, but rather the opposite. Still, sometimes a mask could be useful. She spoke softly once again.

"I'm sure you'll gain control of it in time. Perhaps it won't take so long this time, as you've done it before. Bodies tend to remember that sort of thing, like it remembered this form when you weren't able to maintain it anymore."

She didn't remark on or press the point of Raijah's question, although she was curious herself. Rakkalepta didn't look like she was about to reveal anything she didn't want to, and people deserved their privacy.

Small Wonder  
Gackt is God. XD
(11/8/04 6:14 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
   Whoa...
 Raijah, also, didn't press the question any further. He was terribly curious, and that comment was really eating away at himâ€"simply because it was so bizarreâ€"but he didn't want to pry. If she didn't want to talk about it, she didn't want to talk about it. They hardly knew each other, anyway. And even so...she'd saved his life. He respected her for that, and he wasn't about to disrespect her.

For a moment, Raijah simply watched Rakkalepta take everything in. He couldn't imagine what that must be like...he'd always had his vision...

Must be a pretty overwhelming sensory experience, to say the least.

Nodding at Freya's words, Raijah looked from her back to Rakkalepta. "That's true. And anyway, you shouldn't panic just yeâ€"" He yawned, and quickly masked it with a hand. He couldn't help it. He was still bloody exhausted and weak. "â€"Just yet. That won't help you keep a clear head..."

Ishtaq sniggered openly at that statement, and he, once again, sighed and rolled his eyes. Yeah, he was one to talk about keeping a clear head, when he was always so quick to be annoyed and driven by impulse!

"You're welcome, Rakk! Don't worry! Freya's right! And just think! Ya can see again!"

Blue the Traumatized
Spork Master!!
(11/12/04 6:16 pm)
 Rakkalepta had been hugging her slender midsection, as though she felt sick, while they spoke. Her gaze had reverted back to the ground, which was like a wonderful little mosaic...
A smile slowly appeared, and she looked up at them all, secretely annoyed with her sudden emotional responses.
"Um...thank you, really. Maybe it won't take so long this time..."
Her grin turned on Ishtaq, clear pink eyes taking it all in. "Yes, that is one good thing. I've missed my vision...Now I can see you all."

Which wasn't a good thing! Being hardly able to see had helped her stay so aloof and cold all these years! She hadn't had to worry about infatuation due to the appearance of another, nor fawning over anything beautiful. It had successfully narrowed the margin of emotion as far as other people went...
Damn! Damn...
With yet another sigh, Rakk carefully averted her vision again.
This was getting frustrating...what was she going to do? Her own personality would soon be drowned almost completely out, and then Aimee would regain full control!
Well...maybe...
Perhaps...their spirits had been together so long...was there even an Aimee left anymore? Or were they...both one in the same??
Oh hell...

The Versifer  
SotE RPGer ^_^
(11/15/04 2:28 am)
 Through her amber-coloured eyes, the only thing that stayed the same whatever form the kitsune occupied, Freya watched the the transformed Rakkalepta. At least the rapid changes in her appearance had subsided. She nodded at the blue-haired fae's speech, watching her intently as she answered. Even considering her recent exertion and morphing, the fae was behaving a little strangely, as if her words were at odds with her actions, which were at odds with her thoughts.

"At least theres' that. And I'm, sure you'll regain your strength soon."

There were still several blank patches in the kitsune's understanding of the recent events, but she subsided questioning for now, deciding that the fae had plenty on her mind already.
Recalling Rakkalepta's previous stance, she spoke again.

"You're not ill, though?"

Small Wonder  
Gackt is God. XD
(11/18/04 1:18 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
   Fo' shizzle mah nizzle.
 Raijah couldn't help but feel slightly unnerved at the way Rakkalepta as now behaving. It was just really...weird. He hadn't known her long, but what he did know about her was that, well...she didn't smile like that! Her manner of speaking also seemed so much more...pleasant.

And for some reason, that was oddly disconcerting, though he was too sleepy to analyze why that was.

She had changed in more ways than just physically, which was strange enough as it was. None of this made sense...well, then again, she had called herself a "dark fae" or something along those lines when he had first met her. He couldn't say he knew much about those types. Maybe this was typical.

Maybe he should just stop thinking.

It was probably a lot simpler. She had healed him of her own will, so perhaps the most likely answer was the most obviousâ€"there was just a lot more to her than what she wore on her sleeve.

Or so his drowsy mind thought.

"Why'dja lose your vision in the first place?" Ishtaq asked, brow pulling together slightly as she frowned. "I'd never wanna lose mine! Everything's so pretty! Especially 'lilac' over there!"

"Ishtaq..." Raijah groaned, rubbing one eye tiredly. No. Just...no. She wasn't giving him a new nick-name! "Jah-Jah" was bad enough! Time to change the subject and get the attention back off him and to the original, more important, topic...

Thankfully Freya did that for him, and he nodded when she had finished, looking back to Rakkalepta. Yeah...Freya was right in asking that. Rakkalepta certainly didn't look like she felt too great, what with how she was holding her mid-section...

Blue the Traumatized
Spork Master!!
(11/27/04 12:08 pm)
 Rakkalepta was finding it harder and harder to stop staring at all the wondrous things around her. The more she looked at it, the more she wanted to keep looking. It was just too beautiful, to entrancing.
People really took their sight for granted.
She nodded lightly at Freya’s words, only partially agreeing with them. Her strength might return...or it might not...she hoped it would. She hated being weak.
Looking up again, her renewed gaze fell on Freya yet again. Simply amazing...the colors, shapes, textures, everything...
“No, no...I’m not ill. Just a bit woozy from healing Raijah is all.�

She made a note to unwrap her arms from about her stomach, not wanting to give the impression that she was getting sick.
Ishtaq’s question roused a small flicker of past pain, but she decided to answer anyway.
“Because I was too greedy. Because I could not, or would not, wait. And so...it deteriorated. It left me, just as my emotions began to leave me.�
The dreary tone was easily broken by Ishtaq’s new little nickname.
Rakkalepta could not help but laugh, and there was a small sound of her old rueful snicker mixed in as well.
“I don’t think Raijah appreciates your new nickname for him Ishtaq.� She managed through a few stray giggles, then allowing her pink eyes to flicker over to Raijah and conduct a brief survey of him.
“It fits though.� She stated finally with what was very near a smirk, but it was more playful and much softer than any smirk the old Rakkalepta would have given.
But it was proof at least that the old personality was still in there...somewhere....

The Versifer  
SotE RPGer ^_^
(11/27/04 6:33 pm)
 Laughter played in the amber eyes of the kitsune as Ishtaq produced her next taunting nickname for the voilet-haired fae-man. She shook her head slightly, a smile curving her lips. 'Lilac'. Poor Raijah.

Noticing Rakkalepta's gaze fall on her, she nodded at her first words. That was good, for she couldn't have done much to help her, either. Freya listened as the transformed dark fae related further pieces of the puzzle that was her past in answer to the pixie's question, although her words shed little light on the situation.

Suddenly, the kitsune became aware of the gnawings of hunger that began to plague her. The mountainside was lit with the light of morning by this time, and it was only now that she remembered that due to Raijah's fever, she had not hunted last night, and had not eaten since the previous day. Having been travelling in her vixen form, she had no food with her, either. She would have to go soon, as much as the unknown reasons for Rakk's transformation intrigued her. She was glad everyone appeared to be alright now, if still weak.

She straightened, addressing the three in the clearing.

"Regrettably, I'm going to have to leave for now, having not hunted since yesterday."

Small Wonder  
Gackt is God. XD
(11/29/04 3:15 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
   Walk like an Egyptiaaan...
 "Aww..." Ishtaq murmured sympathetically at Rakkalepta's answer, but she had soon piped back up again to cheerfully add, "Your emotions, too? You're gettin' those back too, right? Hey! This wasn't such a bad thing after all, then, right? You get all this cool stuff back!"

She grinned, hovering daintily before the changed fae, butterfly wings flashing brilliant colors. Hm...still, Rakkalepta didn't look too thrilled. But that didn't mean Ishtaq was going to stop trying to cheer her up! She hated it when people weren't happy. Well, expect for Raijah. He didn't count. He was just downright funny when he was upset. As he was now.

But he kept his annoyance in check, and also nodded at Rakkalepta's comment. "Now you have that knowledge to learn from. This time, you'll know better than to let it get out of hand," he offered.

But a moment later, his irritation had once again been provoked, and he hunched up more as Rakkalepta joined in the teasing. "I think, of the two, I prefer 'Jah-Jah'..." he muttered miserably, violet eyes flashing dangerously over at a smirking Ishtaq. It wasn't his fault he had purple hair. He liked his purple hair! And it was dark, too, nothing like a lilac. Lilacs were lighter. Maybe his eyes could fit the description, but not his hair...argh! And now here he was letting it get to him.

Though he wasn't annoyed enough to miss the sound of Rakkalepta's giggles, his eyebrows arching slightly. That was a sound he never thought to hear from Rakkalepta...her transformation had affected more than just her looks. Odd...

His attention was drawn from Rakkalepta and the merciless Ishtaq when Freya stood, excusing herself. Hunt? Oh, that's right...she was a kitsune, after all. He had grown used to her in this form. "Understandable. Thank you for your help, Freya," he told her, aggravation temporarily draining away.

"Oooh! Ya gonna shape-shift again?" Ishtaq asked excitedly. Shape-shifters always fascinated her, since she herself wasn't one.

The Versifer  
SotE RPGer ^_^
(11/30/04 1:05 am)
 The kitsune nodded in answer to Raijah's words, a slight smile curving her lips.

"That's alright, Raijah"

Hearing Ishtaq's excited squeal, Freya's grin broadened, nodding again. A faint golden light wrapped around her form, growing brighter, then waning and dispersing into a fading mist. It was the illusion-casting abilities of her race that allowed the glowing light, as well as far more complex images and effects. The kitsune were adept at illusion-weaving, being the trickster-race that they were.

The vanishing light revealed Freya's true form, that of a three-tailed red-gold vixen once again. Her amber eyes, the single feature that remained constant no matter what form she occupied, drifted over the three beings. Once more telepathic, her musical voice addressed their minds.

"Goodbye, everyone, I hope to see you again soon. And Rakkalepta - I hope everything works out. Farewell."

With that, the vixen turned, black-gloved paws carrying her soundlessly away into the wilderness of the mountainside. Now, about breakfast..

[Transfer: COMPLETE! Resume posting!]
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

Rakk sighed softly and watched the Kitsune transform in a brilliant display of golden light. She was completely enraptured with the showing, renewed eyes of light pink drinking in the colors and textures.
It really was a feast for eyes that had not seen much in years.

She stared after the shape-shifter for a moment, then slowly stood. The wings were heavier than they seemed, and it took a moment for her to grow accustomed to the weight again. Her hair was now cumbersomly long, and made her feel awkward and too feminine.
Damn...

Without warning, Rakkalepta turned and walked away from the duo quickly. A stream, she wanted to find a stream. She couldn't possibly look how she had back then...it wasn't possible to regress that badly...
She struggled through the brush, her large wings continuing to get in the way of her movement.
By the time she made it to the nearest river, her wings had a multitude of scratches and punctures, and her hair was a frayed mess falling about her face.

No no no...she couldn't look exactly the same...NO
Rakk fell to her knees, lips pursed, and stared dismaly into the ripplying reflection before her...

Rhindeer

Rakkalepta was not the only one enraptured by Freya's transformation. Ishtaq stared openly, dazzled by the pretty lights that surrounded the kitsune for the duration of her transformation. That was just so cool...she wished she could be able to put on a show like that. Then again, whatever deity that had created her had probably known in advance that, in Ishtaq's case, giving her any natural, "sparkly" abilities would be a bad idea. She was far too easily amused, and, if given the ability to create the same lighting effects as Freya, it wasn't too much of a stretch to assume that she could easily spend days at a time entertaining herself with such an ability.

She was almost like a crow in that respect. Shiny things amazed her.

However, as Freya went off on her way, Rakkalepta suddenly decided to vanish, as well, and Ishtaq turned to find Raijah looking off in the direction she had presumably gone.

"Heeey...didja say something mean to her while I wasn't lookin', huh? Where'd she go?" the pixie demanded, hands planted on her tiny hips.

Raijah glanced up at her, violet eyes slightly bloodshot from lack of sleep. "Saying mean things is your territory, Ishtaq," he replied drowsily, though soon a lock of hair had been seized by his smaller companion, who tugged on it forcefully.

"Only to you!"

"...and doing mean things...let go, already!"

"Only to you! Where'd she go?"

"That way...and she kinda looked upset, like she kinda wanted to be left aloâ€""

Ishtaq huffed with agitation, shaking her head. "You're hopeless. No wonder you don't get laid. You don't know anything about chicks. Go comfort her, Lilac!"

"Uhhh...what...?" Raijah asked, suddenly a bit less drowsy. "What the hell are youâ€"nevermind, I really don't want to know." Dear Gods, the pixie was insane. Absolutely insane. "ANYWAY...uh...comforting...? No." He raised an eyebrow slightly at Ishtaq. What kind of game was she playing at? Some kind of sadistic one, that was for sure. Either she wanted to get him pummeledâ€"because she really enjoyed that kind of thingâ€"or she was...ugh. No, he didn't want to consider that option. Too creepy.

He had no qualms about helping the changed fae, and he owed her as much, anyway. Really, he was indebted to her with his life. But, uhh, whatever it was Ishtaq was going on about...no.

Just...no.

Pretty and fragile as Rakkalepta looked, she still had the capability of punching his lights out. She didn't seem the "cuddly, comforting" type.

"Feh! Fine! I'll go do your job for you, loser!" Ishtaq snorted, and with that took off after Rakkalepta, leaving Raijah with an overwhelming desire to bang his head against the tree trunk he was resting against.

Finally coming upon Rakkalepta near the stream, Ishtaq hovered near the fae quietly, looking over her. "Hey, you okay?" she asked, suddenly gone from mischievous, plotting pixie to, for the time being, genuinely concerned.

Anonymous

(YAAAAAY you posted Rhi Rhi!!! *glomp* Pleeeeeeeeeaze get on msn some time! I miss you!  :cry: )

She looked exactly the same...It just couldn't be possible. After all those years of work, to mold the body into what she wanted and needed, and here she was back at square one again.
No, worse than square one. Because Aimee's soul and her own had begun to merge in their long time spent locked in the same body together. She wasn't even sure if she could change it back now...
Goddamn it!!!!

"Hey, you ok?"

Rakk jumped a bit, and stared up at the small pixie with soft pink eyes. Was she even Rakkalepta anymore? Or was she Aimee? Or both?
Who the hell was she now!?
Sudden tears welled up in those lovely eyes, and she completely broke down.
"No, no I am not ok! I don't know who I am anymore! Everything is ruined! I've changed back completely, and I'm not even me anymore! And I'm not her either! So who am I??"

Head hung, the confused fae curled up and cried, no longer sure of her existance, or even her own name. Her entire world had suddenly fallen about her ears, and the only two beings that might give her comfort were acquaintances at best. As Rakkalepta, she hadn't put any effort into making friends. And none of Aimee's friends were living any longer.

"Who am I?"

Rhindeer

[Of course I did! XP And I'll be on MSN sooon! I'm trying to download it now at my dad's, where I currently am...61% done and 44 minutes to go! X_x But I'll be on from now on, since...the chaos at my place has settled down, heh heh. I miss you too, chicadee! T_T *CLING!*]

Ishtaq shook her head slowly, taken alightly aback by the sudden change of emotion in the usually aggressive fae. Not her, either? Well...that explained a lot. She could be wrong in her assumption, but this sounded like more than just a simple identity crisis, even though Ishtaq had no idea what it was Rakkalepta had done. Still, it sounded deep. And complex. More than just a moment of self-doubt.

Gliding closer to the curled up fae, Ishtaq brought a small hand up to rest it on her shoulder, though her touch was so light, chances were Rakkalepta would hardly be able to feel it. "What did you do?" she asked softly, her voice oddly gentle as her entire demeanor changed. No, though cruel humor and mischief was the side of her personality she most often chose to show, in truth, Ishtaq's personality was as multi-faceted as a gemstone. She didn't look it by any means, but she was old and she hardly acted it, but she was wise, and in addition to a friend, she served as a guide to Raijah. Of course, her favorite style of teaching was often rough and what many might consider crude, but in Raijah's case, that was what he neededâ€"he needed to be poked and proded and occassionally kicked in order to break those personal barriers he put up around himself for whatever reason he might have.

But that didn't mean she couldn't be gentle, too.

"You don't have to answer that. It's not important now. Who are you? You don't know who you are?" She gave a soft chuckle. "Well, you're you. Rakkalepta. Apparently you are able to distinguish between yourself and her, so I wouldn't think you are too lost," she offered.

Anonymous

The confused fae shook her head dismaly, tangled hair shifting. But it wasn't so tangly anymore, slowly working itself out with the self glamour many fae had. One could actually see the strands straightening themselves. And her wings were patching themselves up as well, clearly visable if one stared at them hard enough.

"No, no, it's not that easy! I'm not Rakkalepta, and I'm not...I'm not..." She had to say it. She hadn't said her name in so long. But now, it had to be said. Because it was there, with Rakkalepta, partially merged into one complete soul neither her nor Rakkalepta.
"I'm not Aimee either..."

Sparkling tears were still streaming silently down her face when she raised her head to look at Ishtaq. "Rakkalepta did something horrible! Once she was a disembodied demonic soul who needed a vessel. She took over Aimee's body, this body, and wrenched her soul out of control. But she couldn't banish Aimee away, so she just stuffed her in the deepest recesses of her mind and body and forgot about her. For that, her sight began to deteriorate. But while Aimee was locked away, her soul began to slowly merge with Rakkalepta's. Now that the body was reversed back, due to Rakk using Aimee's magick, the merge in the souls has become apparent and grown. I'm not either of them! But I'm not both either! I have no idea who I am!!"
She was becoming slightly hysterical now, faced with the ability of being lost forever, stuck between two souls and one body. She wished Ishtaq was big enough to cling to, for she was in desperate need of some physical comfort right now.

"What should I do Ishtaq?" She whispered softly, hoping that she would have some sort of answer for her. She couldn't live like this...with no set identity, no full soul. She just couldn't do it!

Rhindeer

"Shh, shh, it's okay, try and calm down," Ishtaq murmured comfortingly, though an impending sense of surprise and concern had settled itself about her small shoulders as the fae had told her story. And it was worse than anything Ishtaq could have come up with, and well out of her range of experience. Ishtaq had seen a lot, and lived a long life, but this...this was entirely new to her. She'd never seen or heard of anything like it. Oh, sure, she knew all about the many different kinds of possessionsâ€"the good, useful kind of being possessed by a deity for the duration of a shamanistic ritual, and the troublesome type of being possessed by some lower entity. But she'd never before heard of souls actually merging during a possession, even a long-term one.

And then, to top it off, there was another problem. Ishtaq herself was most familiar with Rakkalepta, the demon who had possessed the fae. She liked Rakkalepta, and hadn't even known that this body wasn't her rightful one. It didn't matter that Rakkalepta was a demon; Ishtaq had no concept of a universal Good or Evilâ€"though she had a concept of right and wrong on a smaller levelâ€"and Raijah's tribe had a similar philosophy. Demons weren't viewed as evil creatures, though many of their acts were viewed as...troublesome and wrong. Possessing someone was clearly wrong, and Raijah's tribe had even dealt with some cases. The invading entity was always taken care of via an intense ritual designed to purge it from the body...

But this was different on so many levels! A ritual wouldn't be able to purge a soul that had merged with the original one, and...and both she and Raijah, even, were acquainted with the invading entity, in this case! Hell, that invading entity had saved Raijah's life, and though the reserved Raijah didn't really show it, Ishtaq knew he was grateful and would probably have the sameâ€"or, at least similarâ€"thoughts as Ishtaq! Although, unlike Ishtaq, he was bound by duty and honor. Regardless of his own thoughts, had he known the body Rakkalepta inhabited was not her own, he would have been forced to act in the original fae's favor. But, since the souls were merged...

But even if their souls weren't merged, Ishtaq wouldn't feel right exiling Rakkalepta. But, she also wouldn't feel right leaving Aimee banished within her own body.

This was...this was complicated beyond anything Ishtaq had ever seen.

She took a deep breath, and flitted around to hover on eye-level with the confused fae. "What you're going to do is you're going to hang in there, okay?" she told her, reaching out a small hand to gently brush away some of those sparkling tears. The action, considering her size, was hardly effective and really only succeeded in soaking her hands, but it was the motion that counted, really. She wasn't really large enough to do much by way of physical comfort, but she tried. "We'll get this all figured out. I'm sure there's something that can be done, though it's waaay outta my range, kiddo. For now, though, you're gonna get up, dry your tears, and we're gonna go see Raijah. He might know something. And if he doesn't...well, we can just all put our heads together and figure something out, right? We'll get it straightened out."

She gave a small smile, going for upbeat and positive.

Anonymous

She attempted to calm herself, tried to take some deep breaths and stop the hysterics. But how could she even think of trying to calm down when she was two people and yet nobody??? Was it even possible to calm herself after such a discovery!?
And again she was beginning to cry and hyperventilate.
Only Ishtaq's kind intervention stopped her from screaming and pulling her hair out.

She sniffed lightly, and took a few moments to collect herself. "O...Ok Ishtaq. Let's go see Raijah. And please...we have to find a way to fix it..."
She stared seriously at the little fae, happy for the small amount of contact.
"I might go crazy if we don't."

With that she stood slowly, and carefully began to make her way back to the clearing they had stayed the night in. She concentrated on walking. One foot in front of the other, and nothing else.
She really would start screaming if she thought about her problem right now.

Rhindeer

"There, good. See? Everything's gonna be alright," Ishtaq assured, flying alongside the confused fae. Geez...crazy...yeah. She could only imagine, and even then it was only a vague idea of what it must be like. Two souls trapped in one...

That was...not good.

She didn't even know if Raijah could do anything or offer any advice, but, well, she certainly didn't know a thing about this! Anything to soothe this fae's peace of mind would be something...any bit of progress would make a difference...

"You won't go crazy. We're gonna fix this, okay? Don't worry...just hang on..."

Raijah looked toward the two as they came into view, and grimaced slightly at the sight. Rakkalepta had a look he'd seen before, one of repressed panic, it seemed, and Ishtaq, though he couldn't make her out from the distance, was murmuring comforting words to her, a note of worry in her voice that he hadn't heard in ages. But then, he had known something was wrong, ever since Rakkalepta's strange mood-swing...even if he hadn't wanted to pry.

He just wasn't that type. And besides, he really knew nothing about the opposite gender, and often felt awkward around them. It just wasn't an area he was comfortable or knowledgeable in.

They could be so confusing. It was just...best for Ishtaq to handle the situation.

"Raijah!" Ishtaq called ahead, though she didn't move from the fae's side. "We got a...situation...here! Get over here!" Then, to the fae as Raijah began to rise, "Okay, just make yourself comfortable, 'kay? Take it easy. And, if you could, explain it to him. I can if you don't want to...but it might be best if you described it," she told her gently, and laid a hand on her shoulder encouragingly.

Raijah was still drowsy, but not so much so as to resist Ishtaq's request, especially given the way the pair looked, and he made his way over to the duo quickly, expression sober as he looked them over. Especially Rakkalepta.

"What's going on...?"

(Blah! Suckiness!)

Anonymous

The two-in-one fae slumped to the ground and rested her back against the tree behind her. Both huge and ornate wings had to spread out in order for her to preform the action, the glittering colors now impossible to miss. All her long, aqua marine hair was now tangle free and just as silky as before.
Slender arms held her bare legs close to her chest as she curled up, awaiting Ishtaq and Raijah's return.

When they did reach her, she knew she would be unable to explain to Raijah what had happened. She just...didn't seem to feel comfortable talking about it with him. Perhaps that was Rakk's influence...
She just hoped it didn't hurt his feelings, and the thought was a purely Aimee one.
She sighed, shook her head, and tried to clear her mind of anyone's thoughts, including any that might be her own.
"Please Ishtaq...you tell him..."
She pleaded softly, staring fixedly at the ground by her feet. No...she didn't want to go through it again...
The confusion would just double, and she would be even more of a wreck than she already was.

(blah post...)

Rhindeer

[*cringes at her last post*]

Raijah slowly settled down on the ground near the duo, violet eyes looking from Ishtaq to Rakkalepta in utter confusion, especially given the tear tracks on Rakkalepta's cheeks. Tears? She'd been...crying? She certainly didn't seem like the type that would, and he knew she'd been confused and a bit upset earlier due to all her work on her appearance being reset, but...erk. Something told him this ran a bit deeper. Rakkalepta looked...lost and uncomfortable, to say the least.

And it was apparently something so bad that she wasn't even able to personally tell him about it.

His vision settled on Ishtaq as the pixie nodded understandably at Rakkalepta's request and settled on the fae's shoulder, where she could pat a lock of the lost fae's hair comfortingly. Raijah couldn't remember a time he'd ever seen her so gentle. "Raijah...she doesn't know who she is anymore. The one we both came to know as Rakkalepta, the one who healed you, was a demon, a demon that took over the body of a fae named Aimee and pushed her soul to the farthest corners of her mind. But...she couldn't purge herself of Aimee completely. That's why she lost her vision. And now...it's no longer as simple as a possession...their souls have merged..." she recited quietly. "She's neither of them, but both..."

The question of what to do was left unvoiced, but it was obviously there in the way Ishtaq spoke and trailed off uncertainly. Raijah blinked at the news as it all settled in, and for a long moment was quiet as he mulled it over, only just managing to veil his surprise. Indeed...Ishtaq was more than right. It was far from as simple as a malign possession, if you could call those simple to begin with. Though, compared to this, they were far easier to solve, as he had a means of dealing with them. This...he didn't. Like Ishtaq, he had never heard of anything like this happening, much less witnessed it...

And, as Ishtaq had already realized, even if it was just a simple possession, that wouldn't have made it any less complicated. Even more, though Ishtaq thought Raijah would be required by duty to exorcise an entity from a possessed creature regardless of his own biases, that was true...but what was also true was that it was the demon that had saved him, and, again regardless of biasesâ€"he respected Rakkalepta, to say the least, and had become familiar with herâ€"he was now bound by honor to repay her...

He blinked again, very slowly, eyes slowly widening as these realizations dawned on him. On one hand, he was required to work against the demon and for the trapped fae's benefit. On the other, he was required to work for the demon's benefit. And never mind his own thoughts on the matter. And never mind that he was expected to figure this out and had no idea where to even begin.

Holy crap.

Before long, before he was even aware of what he was doing, he had burried his face in his hands as a confusion wave of his own struck, bringing with it the beginnings of a headache.

"Uhh...Jah-Jah...?" Ishtaq grimaced. Erk. Looked like he'd gone into overload. He'd always had a tendency to stress out at the most inopportune times...

"Just...give me a sec. Alright..." He drew a deep, calming breath, then sat upright again and spoke as his thoughts came to him. "This...is complicated..." Stating the obvious. "But...first things first...I will help. I have to. And I want to," he began honestly. "Honestly, though, I have no idea where to begin...I've never seen anything like this, or heard of it. But that doesn't mean a thing; my knowledge is limited, but my kind are problem-solvers. I have an idea of what the goal should be...your souls should be separated. But neither of you should be punished...I have duty and honor toward the both of you...uh...you don't have to understand that. It's complicated. But...yeah. Freeing you both in a way that benefits you both is the ultimate goal as I see it..."

Trailing off, he rubbed his temples. "It's just...achieving that goal that will be the problem. That is, if that is a goal...er...you are comfortable with...?"

Anonymous

She shivered only once as Ishtaq explained to Raijah what had happened in both past and present. Just hearing it gave her chills up and down her spine. Neither, but both...
Neither, but both...

The lost fae waited patientlu for Raijah to take it all in, feeling guilty immediately for bringing him into it. It wasn't his problem...he hardly knew Rakk, and didn't know Aimee or herself at all.
He shouldn't feel obligated to help...

As he finished, her saddened pink eyes finally came up to rest on him. "Really, you're not obligated to help. I...I mean...I'd like your help and all...but... you shouldn't feel that you have to help." She shifted uncomfortably, glancing around at their surroundings. "You didn't really know Rakkalepta. Then again, nobody really did...and as for me and Aimee, well, you don't know us at all." She sighed, then shivered. She was placing herself in the role of a seperate soul. But she wasn't, she didn't have any right to feel she had an identity! It was Rakk's and Aimee's lives at stake!
She didn't exist!!

She shut both eyes for a moment, wincing at the terrible thought. She had no right to make decisions for the both of them...no right to try and deterr Raijah from helping. Not that she wanted to stop him from helping...
Or maybe she did. Because once he seperated Rakk and Aimee's souls, she would really cease to exist.
OK, then it was settled! She was an unsoul! She had no right to hinder the existance of her two mother souls! She shouldn't by any rights even be here!

She finally looked back at Raijah with a look of determination in eyes that were quickly filling with tears. "All right! Do what you have to do, but please, do it quickly! Do it before I really feel like a person, like I feel that I have a right to live when I don't! Please, if you do any part of this for me, then do it quickly so I won't feel like I am someone!"
She pleaded softly, though her voice was as firm as she could make it through the wavering that tears and saddness make.
She didn't want to grow attatched to life...not when it was never hers to have. She was the merged part of their souls, a completely different entity. But she shouldn't exist...
No, she had to be destroyed in order for Rakk and Aimee to continue their lives.
She had to be...destroyed...

Rhindeer

"No, it's okay, I <I>want to help you," Raijah replied quickly. Aside from Rakkalepta saving his life, it just wasn't his nature to turn someone in need away. And this...well, he couldn't imagine what it would be like to lose yourself...except that it could quite possibly, from his own ideas on the subject, be one of the worst fates possible. How could you even live without knowing who you were, without having an identity...

Without having a real soul.

In any case, stress or no, he hated coming across a problem he couldn't solve. This was unlike anything he'd seen or heard of, and he just had to get it sorted out. His stress level might skyrocket, but that was nothing he hadn't felt before. But...now that he had an idea of the solution...he just had to work backwards and figure out the path to reach that solution.

That could take a while...and, from the fae's tear-filled plea, it didn't sound like they had a lot of time. And it was obvious, too. She had referred to herself as an entity separate from Rakkalepta and Aimee...it was progressing fast.

Before she became someone...

This situation had the potential to become even more tricky. And even harmful. What if she did become someone? What then?

"I..." Well...he didn't know what to do. Ishtaq didn't know what to do. Sitting around here wouldn't do anything. They had to find someone who knew what to do, or at least was more experienced in matters of the spirit. He hadn't the time to figure things out on his own. Or, rather, the fae didn't have the time. "Fae." He didn't know what else to call her. "We...we should leave here.  I don't know what to do, and you don't have the time to wait for me to. There are members in my tribe that are more experienced with these matters...they might be able to give guidance, at the least."

Though a Guardian of this place, it didn't mean he wasn't allowed to leave, especially if it was urgent. And this was. And this girl was of his own blood, she was of his kin. That was incentive enough.

(gyah, suckage again! XDD)

Anonymous

She winced slightly at the only name appropriate, Fae. What else would he call her? She did not have a name, and didn't deserve one. Still...it...it bothered her that she had no name...
Rakkalepta...
Aimee...
and...
Fae...?

A weak nod was given to his proposal, eyes downcast yet again. "Alright..." She spoke softly, turning her head toward the perched Ishtaq. The pixie was her one source of real comfort right then, and she cherished it with as much a soul as she had.
No! Dammit, she had to stop thinking of herself as a person! SHE WAS NO ONE!
She suddenly jerked her head away from Ishtaq, eyes still tightly shut.
"Please, hurry! I don't want to feel like I am about to die!" She whispered fiercly, teeth clenched.
She couldn't be someone, not if Rakk and Aimee were to have their lives returned to them.

She couldn't be anybody.

No one.

She was No One...

Rhindeer

Raijah's eyes widened despite himself, brows rising in surprise at the fae's fierce exclaimation and skin paling slightly with the new realization that statement brought.

I don't want to feel like I am about to die!

Oh no...

For a moment, he was silent and unmoving. As a Guardian, as a fae of the Elorynn tribe, duty and honor came before everything else, even before his own emotions. This wasn't the case for all faes of the tribe, but Guardians were held up to a higher set of standards than most, even Guardians assigned to what others considered a simple, menial jobâ€"like the one Raijah was assigned to; this pristine land, where humans, the primary cause of destruction and chaos on the Earth, rarely trod, where nature worked unhindered...it was hardly a job that required much.

In the face of duty, he was supposed to remain stoic and unbiased. He owed both Aimee and Rakkalepta, was required to aid both of them for very separate reasons. This fae...by rights, she wasn't even supposed to exist. The laws of his own tribe would tell him that much. She was an accident. She couldn't be allowed to exist, not when her existence would leave two other sentient beings in limbo, two beings who had a right to life, two beings who had lived on their own with their own unique souls.

But...this fae...she...this right here was proof. She was not thinking of herself as a merge between two souls...she was thinking of herself as something that was alive and could be killed. She felt sorrow. She was afraid, and deathly so. Didn't...didn't that mean she had a right, as well?

Laws or not, how could he sentence her to death? If that was how she felt...then that would be exactly what he would be doing. He would be leading her to her execution, a thought which made him suddenly feel ill.

But how could he sentence Rakkalepta and Aimee to the same?

Raijah shivered, took a deep breath, and then, very softly, asked, "Is...is that how you feel? Like you are about to die? Please, answer honestly."

Gods help me. He didn't know what to do anymore. It had seemed so clear cut and simple. Well, simple compared to this. But now...no, he wasn't supposed to let his own ideas get in the way. But...how could he not? Especially when the subject of this dilemma, the one whose fate practically rested in his hands, was sitting right before him with tears in her eyes! He wasn't heartless. Far from it.

Ishtaq hadn't moved from her spot, though she had winced, as well, when the fae jerked her head away from her touch. And it was a good thing the pixie was so small, because her own eyes were starting to get misty.

Anonymous

The lost fae shivered and dipped her head gravely. She had to just stop talking...she was making him feel guilty, she knew she was! It would change his decision...she couldn't do that. Not to  him, or to Aimee, or Rakkalepta. It was her duty now to make sure Aimee and Rakkalepta were seperated!

She slowly raised her head, a look of calm determination set on her fair features. Yes...that would be her purpose. She would make sure that Aimee and Rakk got themselves untangled! Maybe she could even figure out a way to get Rakk her own body. She'd make sure they both got their lives back, cross her very own heart.

And then, in that one decision filled moment, the lost little soul became not so lost anymore. She had given herself a purpose, a reason to exist. And that was when something changed, shifted, within the three semi-combined souls...

"Yes. I think I will die. But I'm going to do it so that Aimee and Rakkalepta can be free again. I'm not afraid anymore." There was such resolution in her voice, it was almost unnerving. And one could only really guess at what she was thinking, for she showed nothing in her unwavering pink eyes.

Rhindeer

Raijah breathed a soft sigh of relief, though he still wasn't quite sure what to think anymore. She was <I>agreeing to this. It was something she wanted to do. The determination and resolution in her eyes told him this. She wasn't afraid...it was something she wanted to do...

"In that case...if it's something you want to do...we'll find a way to do it." He had no idea what would have to be done if she hadn't given her consent. Laws or not, he didn't think he could ever take away someone's life, not even a life that wasn't supposed to even exist, without consent. It was just...not something he could even wrap his mind around. Life was irreplaceable, and it was a rather permanent decision. That was what made this whole situation so...well...stressful. And it was stressful even without taking into account Rakkalepta and Aimee, which only continued to add to the trickiness of the issue.

Which also brought up an odd point...

Members of his tribe were not supposed to kill without consent, unless it was out of self defense or the defense of another. It never specified whether this applied to situations like this or not. Then again, it was unlikely anyone had come across something like this before...still, it was something to think about.

Still, it was a relief she agreed. Even if only in a really, really odd way. He couldn't help but see her as, well, a person.

"If that is what you want...it'll be done..." he told her, expression blank. He just...he just had to stop thinking. That was all there was to it. Just go through the motions, take care of business, and get this over with. That was it. "I appreciate your cooperation."

Anonymous

The fae nodded stiffly. Her...cooperation. Well...yes, that's what it was. Even though she felt it was her duty to do this, the fact she was signing away her own life still bothered her.
She stood then, large wings fanning a bit. She wanted to get this over with...
No, she didn't. She wanted to live, to LIVE! But it wasn't her choice. So, the sooner she was pulled appart....the....better....
She shivered once, and wavered a bit on bare feet.

"Please...can we hurry?" She whispered, loosing some of her nerve already. But the fact she could feel both Aimee and Rakkalepta kept her from turning back. They were both there somewhere, attatched to her as she was attatched to them. Because she was the merge of their two souls...
This was too hard...she couldn't do it!

The fae took a few deep breaths, and tilted her head gently toward where Ishtaq sat on her shoulder. She could do this...she was strong enough to handle this...
She had Rakk's strength, and Aimee's morals. She couldn't give up. She wouldn't.
She could do this.

Rhindeer

"Yeah, of course," Raijah said, rising to his feet with a start. Her whispered voice had brought him back from the thoughtful trance he had begun to sink into, immediately reverting his attention back to the here and now. He could think about what would have to be done along the journey, but in the meantime...no, there was just no need to prolong the anticipation for her. As determined as she sounded, he didn't imagine that wiped away the fear that must be there.

Best to just get it over with as soon as possible. For the both of them.

In the meantime, he'd just have to distance himself from her. It just...it just wouldn't feel right tearing someone's soul apart, even if their soul wasn't meant to have existed. Despite Raijah's moody, and sometimes hardened demeanor, that was really just the front he put on. In truth, this did bother him. And, well, that was why he'd have to distance himself, lest he, too, started second guessing. And his tendency to put his own ideas first or second guess a decision was one of the primary reasons his tribe hadn't really wanted him to be a Guardian. He had the experience...it was just the mindset he needed to work on. Putting the good of the whole first as opposed to the good of the minority.

As long as he didn't view her as a realy person...he'd be fine.

"It'll be a few days' journey at best. With flight, that is. I don't suppose you can...?" She had just grown those new wings, after all.

"Ya could always carry her if she can't, Jah-Jah," Ishtaq offered up, now cuddled into the curve of the fae's neck and petting her supportively, and Raijah could only stare at her blankly. And it was an effort not to groan.

So much for "distance". Damn. It looked like Ishtaq was already attached...hopefully not...

As for himself...

He shifted awkwardly, put on the spot. "Um...yeah...I suppose..." No logical reason why he couldn't, except, of course, for the whole distancing deal. Which Ishtaq knew nothing about, and failed miserably at herself. And which he had no plans of explaining. He'd rather put on an cold front and make people believe that it was his true nature than out and say, "yeah, I'm just pretending to be cold and trying to ignore you so I don't get attached to you or view you as a person before I send you to be killed". Somehow, the latter seemed worse.